PDA

View Full Version : The anticipation has got me replaying FC3 :)

strigoi1958
06-10-2017, 05:11 PM
I've played over 300 hours of FC3 then I played around 250 hours of FC4 plus a few replays of primal.... since then I've been on several other games but all the talk in here has just got me wanting that FC feeling again... I reinstalled FC3 and I had forgotten just how awesome this game is....

click pictures to make them bigger
http://i.share.pho.to/6be74ad3_c.png (http://pho.to/Aj0Ne)

HorTyS
06-10-2017, 11:29 PM
I recently re-bought the game as well as it is now backward compatible on xbone... For me it's a bit harder to go back after playing 4, I definitely started to notice all the quality of life improvements 4 made over 3. 3 is still great fun though!

strigoi1958
06-11-2017, 02:27 AM
I've been playing a lot of FC4 co-op and fancied a changed. The Characters and dialogue in 3 is really good, they all have their moments, the 1st half is pretty much Dennis, Vaas Willis and Citra but I like Buck, Hurk and Sam... they really fill in with some great attitude and remarks :)

HorTyS
06-11-2017, 02:28 AM
I still play Far Cry 2 (with realism mod) because it's the only one in the series i really enjoy from start to finish. Far cry 3? Only good for the first half (and not even that much), the rest is a barren and rushed island.

I remember appreciating though that it looked decidedly different than the first island. The north of kyrat didn't look as different from the south in FC4...

terry427
06-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Same here, reinstalled FC3 and FC2 and been playing both to get the blood flowing (so to speak).
Also still play FC4 but I agree with the comment above, the second half of FC2, 3 and 4 all seems a bit rushed, I fact I prefer Act 1/2 of FC4 the best, hunting all the animals you need as well as the towers/outposts to get the rewards.

A bit of trivia, I have got to Karma Level 6 by the end of Act 1, really helps playing early with the Shredder :rolleyes:

terry427
06-12-2017, 12:58 AM
I did not notice any difference in pacing or quality in Far Cry 2 second half. Why do you think that's the case?

Actually just playing that again now and may have been a little unfair to include 2 in that comment. Was meaning more towards the end when you start knocking off the leaders, just seems to go rather quick but I guess when the leaders are done there's not much left but the Jackel.