PDA

View Full Version : More Collectibles

Canadian Beer42
06-10-2017, 04:41 PM
There's gotta be more collectibles. Considering in Far Cry 5 there's a cult, a collectible could be "lost chalices".

HorTyS
06-10-2017, 11:09 PM
I am not a huge fan of collectables, especially when they don't properly reward players. I guess FC has been pretty good about it on that front as they typically give you XP and unlock weapons & such. I thought when I looked at this thread that you'd be saying the needed more than there've been in past games, which I don't think they need more as in the number of them, but if they had a wider variety of different collectables that finding them all or finding enough to reach milestones unlocks useful stuff i'm cool with that. I do hope they don't tie any achievements to finding them all because that is always a slog to go through. Better in game rewards is incentive enough for some so hopefully thats the way they go...

Canadian Beer42
06-17-2017, 04:49 PM
I am not a huge fan of collectables, especially when they don't properly reward players. I guess FC has been pretty good about it on that front as they typically give you XP and unlock weapons & such. I thought when I looked at this thread that you'd be saying the needed more than there've been in past games, which I don't think they need more as in the number of them, but if they had a wider variety of different collectables that finding them all or finding enough to reach milestones unlocks useful stuff i'm cool with that. I do hope they don't tie any achievements to finding them all because that is always a slog to go through. Better in game rewards is incentive enough for some so hopefully thats the way they go...

You know they could change the way you obtain these collectibles. Have kind of an Indiana Jones adventure (a lot more climbing and crawling through hidden spaces to obtain them).

HorTyS
06-17-2017, 08:50 PM
You know they could change the way you obtain these collectibles. Have kind of an Indiana Jones adventure (a lot more climbing and crawling through hidden spaces to obtain them).

That's sort of already the case with them in the past few games, it's just that with the sheer number of them most of them are relatively easy to find with fewer of them in harder to reach areas. My main desire for collectables is that they offer tangible rewards. So for example say one type of collectable has like 100 items to find, every 20 should unlock some reward available from safehouses/ outposts/ towns that you've liberated. Like finding the first 20, now there is body armor in your safe house for free every time you go there. After finding 40, now maybe there is an ammo cache where you can refill your ammo for free, stuff like that.

Steve64b
06-20-2017, 08:01 PM
I've always liked games that have you collect different logical parts, for a weapon or wingsuit for example. That way, the 'reward' for collecting the parts is actually usable and makes sense.

In light of the cult, if Ubi wants to venture in the 'paranormal' like Shangri-La (perhaps the Father gets some power from 'another world'), treating a Lost Eden 'bible' as a spellbook with pages torn from it may give the player some supernatural powers once collected. Nothing distracting from the main plotline though, it should be a bit of an extra. ;)

HorTyS
06-21-2017, 07:28 AM
Personally I'm hoping drug trips & super natural elements are kept to a minimum or removed all together.

Steve64b
06-21-2017, 05:25 PM
Yep, for the main game I wouldn't mind that, although the setting could allow for undead entities (bibles, crucifixes and holy water). Those would be fun in custom maps I reckon. :)