PDA

View Full Version : Why centurion never gets intrerupted by revenge ?

Jarl.Felix
06-10-2017, 12:00 PM
I can understand cent is Romain's favourite crybaby char but still.. why centurion never falls back when you activate revenge ?

Revenge is bugged on a number of attacks, nearly 80% of all attacks thrown at you when activating revenge does not cause a knockdown. This has been an issue since 2 patches ago.
I think it only guarantees knockdown on lights.

DrExtrem
06-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Normally, you should be immune to stagger as well.

Guess what? You still get staggered by attacks, interrupting your start up. Revenge is pretty much broken right now.

UbiNoty
06-11-2017, 12:27 AM
If you have a few clips of what you're describing please send it our way so we can look into it!

The_B0G_
06-11-2017, 12:37 AM
I've seen this as well, on startup Cent doesn't get knocked back and even CC's you with his stab.

DrExtrem
06-11-2017, 07:01 AM
If you have a few clips of what you're describing please send it our way so we can look into it!

Next problem:

Playing this game with game dvr active, adds additional lag to the display.

kweassa1
06-11-2017, 07:25 AM

He means UB skills having a very teeney, tiny window to cause the auto-parry and knock someone down, whereas normal attacks have a more lenient window. You could hit someone in his final phases of revenge activation animation with a normal skill and that'll parry you and knock you down, but when it's an incoming UB attack you need to be at the exact timing when the attack actually lands, or it just punches through revenge activation.

Don't you guys already know about this?? :confused:

Arkhos1988
06-11-2017, 07:30 AM
Does anyone at Ubi actually play this game ever?

DrExtrem
06-11-2017, 07:52 AM

Valid question.

Kitsune..
06-11-2017, 08:05 AM

They play some sort of internal build I guess. Those lamp internal "tournaments" with zero parries etc.

Duuklah
06-11-2017, 05:46 PM

Clips? PLAY A ROUND.. FFS...

As soon as you activate Revenge You get pinned with a fully charged heavy into a fully charged jab which knocks you down regardless of being in revenge or not.

Most attacks if they hit you in a approx 2 seconds window of activating revenge cause the attacker to fall down. Centurion blows right through revenge without a pause.

In fact the animation for revenge acts as a self stun that allows them to fully charge a pin which CCs you into a fully charged jab which CCs you and knocks you down..

Oh by the way the WHOLE COMBO IS UNBLOCKABLE.. So unless you are fast enough to parry while you are SELF STUNNED from activating revenge you basically die upon activation...

CLUELESS.

DrExtrem
06-11-2017, 06:10 PM
And you get staggered by normal attacks from other heroes, when you activate revenge and the enemy starts a combo during the activation.

More than once, I got staggered by a Kensei, warden, orochi and all the other heroes, while in revenge.

I am tired of this crap. I posted more than enough videos of bots doing questionable things or ignoring mechanics and nothing happened. If you want vids, record them by yourself playing vs. bots.

bmason1000
06-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Clips? PLAY A ROUND.. FFS...

As soon as you activate Revenge You get pinned with a fully charged heavy into a fully charged jab which knocks you down regardless of being in revenge or not.

Most attacks if they hit you in a approx 2 seconds window of activating revenge cause the attacker to fall down. Centurion blows right through revenge without a pause.

In fact the animation for revenge acts as a self stun that allows them to fully charge a pin which CCs you into a fully charged jab which CCs you and knocks you down..

Oh by the way the WHOLE COMBO IS UNBLOCKABLE.. So unless you are fast enough to parry while you are SELF STUNNED from activating revenge you basically die upon activation...

CLUELESS.

I mean...you don't HAVE to activate as soon as you get it and "self stun." Just wait for an opportune moment. All bash attacks ignore revenge activation, not just centurion. If you activate at a poor time that gives your enemy the opportunity, any of the shield bashes and shoulder charges do the same thing.

It feels much worse now because there's ALWAYS a centurion around and they're always throwing these attacks constantly so it comes up constantly, but this isn't a new mechanic.

Netcode_err_404
06-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Why centurion never gets intrerupted by revenge ?

Centurions don't follow the rules.

They make them

DrExtrem
06-11-2017, 06:41 PM

Centurions don't follow the rules.

They make them

What if we let a centurion face off niftu cal? I mean .. that guy is a biotic god. He thinks things and then they happen.

That's pretty impressive.

Sir_rage_quit
06-12-2017, 06:58 PM

That the up side of being Roman baby !

Also never getting nerf is part of that !

Such a lucky one this Centurion !

ceaser64
06-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Yeah if there's more 2 or more of them bangin on ya then revenge buys you about 3 seconds of life on average I'd say.

That's when I unlock and spam A and pray lol

Alchemist..
06-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Cent working compleatly strange against revenge. If i pin u before revenge it wont knock me down but if i charging my heavy and u pop up revenge i get knocked down even there is no attack animation just standing and charging. It also not working with kicks and jabs but i think it should

Mia.Nora
06-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Roman: "He is my baby"

http://i.imgur.com/HNEBxEI.jpg

Gray360UK
06-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Roman: "He is my baby"

lmao ;)

JibletHunter
06-13-2017, 01:09 AM
Cent is single-handedly destroying this game. He has Best in game punishes, stam pool, cc, stam drain, no recovery gb, feinted heavies that dont charge for the heavy, best revenge management, fastest heavy.

kweassa1
06-13-2017, 02:30 AM
I mean...you don't HAVE to activate as soon as you get it and "self stun." Just wait for an opportune moment. All bash attacks ignore revenge activation, not just centurion. If you activate at a poor time that gives your enemy the opportunity, any of the shield bashes and shoulder charges do the same thing.

It feels much worse now because there's ALWAYS a centurion around and they're always throwing these attacks constantly so it comes up constantly, but this isn't a new mechanic.

Ignoring most of the same bunch of whiney a-holes that don't even play the game in between your post and mine, there is a bit of a problem in the inconsistency of results when in revenge activation mode. Like I've mentioned, for some reason revenge activation adequately protects you against normal attacks during the length of the animation.

You can watch someone going into that "Dragonball Z supah-saiyan mode" motion and then swing a weapon.... and it'll still parry that attack and knock you over if the activation phase is not fully finished. This is reasonable, considering most revenge scenarios are associated with dire situations and multiple assailants, so we can assume that a bit of leniency is required to be able to protect you from that moment of danger -- particularly when different, multiple attacks come in at different timings. Ergo, this is a case that cannot be solved with just "clever timing" alone.

But for some reason this doesn't apply to UB attacks (which usually can also be parried). Even if it is a clearly parriable UB attack, unlike normal attacks UB attacks require precision timing to be parried... and without it, it just punches through the auto-parry of revenge activation.

This is quite inconsistent, because it means not only do yo have two different timings for normal and UB attacks in general, it also means each UB attack has to be timed differently if you want protection and knock someone over with revenge. This is very counter-intuitive to the protective auto-parry function designed in the first place.

The current revenge activation works when those that have surrounded you have no way to activate a UB or UBUP powers as first move... like for example, if you're surrounded by an Orochi, PK and a Berserker... since even if they know your R-meter is full and revenge is coming up, they don't have any UBs to activate. But if you're surrounded by classes like the Warlord, Centurion, Lawbringer or any class that has a relatively quick-activating UB/UBUP, then revenge activation loses much of its meaning.

They should probably just de-flag revenge activation phase as being a type of parry, and just flag it an immunity status from all sources of attack... and universally cause the knock-down effect on any type of action tried against someone that's in revenge activation. Try a GB, fire up a UB+UP attack, throw a UB attack... anything.

Knight.Bishop
06-13-2017, 06:15 AM

Sorry, but, really?

Pick any character, play a match in Dominion with at least one Centurion, and you'll see this over and over again. Their charged heavies go straight through revenge all day long.

This shouldn't be something the dev team isn't aware of by now. It happens every single game.

Draghmar
06-13-2017, 08:19 AM
This was mentioned MANY times on this forum. Many, many times. There were even clips. The problem is because of the two things that makes Cent what he is:
1. UB attacks needs very tight timing with revenge activation to get parried and KD.
2. Moves that are not attacks like Nobushi's kick or Cent's punch are not blocked at all by activating revenge. Before that wasn't so much of the problem because those moves didn't punish so much but Cent is a different story. Story you should already know if you read this forum.