PDA

View Full Version : Okay gonna throw a bone to the ragequit haters...

CoyoteXStarrk
06-10-2017, 11:58 AM
After MANY PMs from a few very specific people I have seen that the Ragequit penalty is not enough to remedy the overall situation of the people leaving games.

Just make it to where if some child decides to throw a hissy fit and leave that the remaining players are not going to suffer a loss in their stats. They have a at least one bot at that point and its not fair. In extreme cases they might even have more that one and its not their fault their team decided to ragequit like children. They don't deserve to be punished for something they can't control.

You already have the game set to detect groups so this should not affect the game too much. Just make sure single players are not screwed by the new penalty system.

Gray360UK
06-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Stats would be meaningless then.

If you take out stats whenever you lose because your team has bots in it, and whenever you die because your team has bots in it (which let's face it is usually when your team sucks / was going to lose anyway, hence the ragequits) then what does that leave?

Only stats when your team is good and is winning and you don't die much will count. Pretty soon everyone has a far better win % and a far better K/D because all of the games that sucked don't count anymore. What about when your team wins despite ragequits? How do you let the game know you want those stats to count?

Essentially this is stat manipulation so that your stats don't reflect what has actually happened in your games. Ironically, exactly why many people ragequit in the first place :p

CoyoteXStarrk
06-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Stats would be meaningless then.

If you take out stats whenever you lose because your team has bots in it, and whenever you die because your team has bots in it (which let's face it is usually when your team sucks / was going to lose anyway, hence the ragequits) then what does that leave?

Only stats when your team is good and is winning and you don't die much will count. Pretty soon everyone has a far better win % and a far better K/D because all of the games that sucked don't count anymore. What about when your team wins despite ragequits? How do you let the game know you want those stats to count?

Essentially this is stat manipulation so that your stats don't reflect what has actually happened in your games. Ironically, exactly why many people ragequit in the first place :p

Not saying take away the K/D etc etc just the loss.

Tell me why a team should eat a L on their stat sheet because 2 children and I emphasize that word CHILDREN ragequit and left them in a 2v4 situation.

Why is that their fault? Why should their stats suffer because two impatient and immature morons decided to leave.

You can't have it both ways. You can't punish the people who leave without protecting those who stay.

Gray360UK
06-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Not saying take away the K/D etc etc just the loss.

Tell me why a team should eat a L on their stat sheet because 2 children and I emphasize that word CHILDREN ragequit and left them in a 2v4 situation.

Why is that their fault? Why should their stats suffer because two impatient and immature morons decided to leave

The problem is, why did they ragequit?

The answer to that is very important before you decide you are going to wipe the loss from your stats.

If they quit because they were losing already, then essentially what you are asking for will end up removing all losing games. Now in my experience, losing games / getting owned is the number 1 reason people rage quit. I don't think anyone will dispute that.

So, in those cases, your team was ALREADY losing, those guys just didn't want to stick around to take the loss. It was however a loss. In other words, had everyone stayed you would have had a loss on your record. One or two quit, you would have had a loss on your record. Either way, you have a loss on your record.

Yes it sucks that your loss becomes almost guaranteed when one or more people quit, yes it is unfair, but the chances are very high that you were going to lose anyway and that the game was already unfair due to poor matchmaking.

Asking for those losses to not count will completely artificially inflate your W/L ratio. It is stat manipulation. Many of the losses you would have suffered whether they had quit or not would be removed from your record leaving only losses where no one quits count. With the current extreme ragequit problem, that would leave you in a situation where you almost never have a loss on your record. It's simply not workable and not the answer unless you are trying to achieve a 100% W/L ratio.

TheLastPandaa
06-10-2017, 11:36 PM
Either because someone leaves the game voluntarily (ragequit or live issues) or because he has been kicked out, the reality is that those general facts create a situation of great disadvantage for the members of their team who continue to play.
What at first might seem like a balanced battle (more or less difficult to fight, but balanced after all), changes radically if we go from a 4vs4 to a 3vs4. It seems to me perfectly reasonable that the players who were in the same team of the one who has abandoned them, no longer consider that it is worth playing that game because with the abandonment of his partner the match may have evolved from a fair fight to an certain execution.

Solution:
Each time someone leaves a game, either by disconnection or ragequit, ubisoft should give all remaining members of that team a grace period of 30 secs to decide whether to stay or to leave with no penalty.

UbiNoty
06-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Either because someone leaves the game voluntarily (ragequit or live issues) or because he has been kicked out, the reality is that those general facts create a situation of great disadvantage for the members of their team who continue to play.
What at first might seem like a balanced battle (more or less difficult to fight, but balanced after all), changes radically if we go from a 4vs4 to a 3vs4. It seems to me perfectly reasonable that the players who were in the same team of the one who has abandoned them, no longer consider that it is worth playing that game because with the abandonment of his partner the match may have evolved from a fair fight to an certain execution.

Solution:
Each time someone leaves a game, either by disconnection or ragequit, ubisoft should give all remaining members of that team a grace period of 30 secs to decide whether to stay or to leave with no penalty.

So like a surrender vote? or an individual choice to leave without penalty?
We've passed along suggestions for surrender options before and it's definitely an option that could be a solution to sparing players from having to play through the rest of the game with a team of bots - but surrenders typically still count as a loss on your score sheet. If we give the option to leave without a penalty, but it still counts as a loss, do you think this would be a reasonable solution?

Tillo.
06-10-2017, 11:58 PM
Fix your broken game so that it doesn't crash when someone leaves.
Problem solved.

TheLastPandaa
06-11-2017, 12:16 AM
We've passed along suggestions for surrender options before and it's definitely an option that could be a solution to sparing players from having to play through the rest of the game with a team of bots - but surrenders typically still count as a loss on your score sheet. If we give the option to leave without a penalty, but it still counts as a loss, do you think this would be a reasonable solution?

I was refering to an individual choice to leave without penalty during 30sec after someone leves or disconects. I do not like the idea of a surrender vote because is an open dor to trolls and ofcourse steel/xp exploits. What if a team composed by 4 members agree to surrender match after match? Ofcourse it is posible to implement ways to avoid this, but simple things use to work better.

So in conlusion my sokution would consist on:
1. Individual choice to leave without penalty during 30sec after someone of your team leves or disconects.
2. No xp gain.
3. No steel gain.
4. No efects for the K/D ratio.

With points 2,3 and 4, you would encorage ppl to not leave if the can avoid it because the is no gain, but you will not force ppl to stay in a match the do not want to be either.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-11-2017, 06:52 AM

I would be okay with it I guess.

I just don't think its fair to have the people that stay and end up facing a 3v4 or worse that they stay in a match they are most likely going to lose, they are gonna get trashed most likely so their stats take a hit, and then on top of that they have to take a loss as well.

All because somebody decided to throw a hissy fit. Yeah they get banned for 10 mins but they don't take the stat hit that the honest players are gonna have to eat.

Fix your broken game so that it doesn't crash when someone leaves.
Problem solved.

This just shows you didn't read a single word of the OP. Not that I am surprised given your history on this forum.

Neurodoom
06-11-2017, 07:52 AM
If they implement ranked game someday there'll be no need for this. Whats the point in the stat sheets if so many players just quit to avoid the lose? if there is no account for deaths if they rage quit whats the point in stats anyway?

CoyoteXStarrk
06-11-2017, 08:04 AM
If they implement ranked game someday there'll be no need for this. Whats the point in the stat sheets if so many players just quit to avoid the lose? if there is no account for deaths if they rage quit whats the point in stats anyway?

Some of us (Like me) prefer to have accurate stats to look at so we can tell if we are getting better or worse as a player

CrunaCross
06-11-2017, 08:05 AM

Well I also think that it seems like a very reasonable solution. Forfeiting a game is a loss technically ANYWAY. In the other case those who stick through the game despite the odds will get the lose on the score sheet while leavers don't get anything. Forfeiting a match should count as a loss anyway regardless of the reason.

As it is you are just rewarding leavers. And punishing those who play normally

Arekonator
06-11-2017, 08:14 AM
If they can get 10 minute ban to someone who left, i guess its equally simple to also add L to their record.
Having quit count as a loss would also solve the issue with people padding their stats by quitting and avoiding record of the losses.
Because lets face it, as it stands now, stats are often pretty much meaningless.

Gray360UK
06-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Some of us (Like me) prefer to have accurate stats to look at so we can tell if we are getting better or worse as a player

And yet you're asking for a system that would remove all of the losses from your record that just happen to feature someone quitting.

You're happy to blame the loss on the quit, but not the quit on the loss. It's a selective interpretation of why you lost in your favour, designed to inflate your W/L.

It's very likely that most (if not all) quits happen because of a badly one sided game that you are losing. That scneario, that you are in a badly one sided losing game, exists before the quit. Were it impossible to quit, everyone would remain in that badly one sided losing game, and you would take a loss. What you are asking for is to hide these games that you were going to lose anyway from your record, with the excuse being that someone quit that game (that you were going to lose anyway).

It's like going 0-10 behind in a football match, at which point two of your players walk off the pitch in disgust, and then wanting that loss not to count anymore. Yes you are down to 9 men, but if you were already 10 goals behind let's not try to pretend you weren't always going to lose.

It's clever, but it's stat manipulation all the same, inflating your W/L and hiding poor performances based on an excuse that doesn't tell the whole story.

You are blaming the symptom not the cause. You would have completely fake artificially inflated stats, not accurate ones.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-11-2017, 05:04 PM
And yet you're asking for a system that would remove all of the losses from your record that just happen to feature someone quitting.

You're happy to blame the loss on the quit, but not the quit on the loss. It's a selective interpretation of why you lost in your favour, designed to inflate your W/L.

You are missing my overall point.

A loss due to a child teammate leaving and thus tanking my stats for that game is not an accurate representation of my overall skill. That is me being put into a crap situation and being forced to play at a disadvantage. My stats therefore in that match are useless to me.

I get what you are trying to say, but I think you might be misunderstanding where I am coming from in terms of accurate stats. Stats from an uneven match that is fought at a disadvantage is not able to properly give accurate feedback to the player from a statistical standpoint.

Gray360UK
06-11-2017, 05:11 PM
You are missing my overall point.

A loss due to a child teammate leaving

But is this the reason for the loss? Or did the child teammate leave because you were losing and always going to lose?

Chicken and Egg situation I know, but if people rage quit when they are losing, which they do, pretty much 100% of the time, then like I said, all you are doing is hiding all the bad games where you were going to lose, BEFORE the child teammate decided to leave BECAUSE you were going to lose. You were going to lose all along, that is really important to my point.

Even if in some of the cases it is the child teammate leaving that causing the loss, in the vast majority of the cases, the loss came first.

Let me put it another way.

Your team fights my team 10 times.

My team wins 6 times, so we have a 60% W/L

Your team therefore has a 40% W/L, correct?

My team is better, we won more, no one from my team quit in our 4 losses to your team.

Now, add your system in, and say in all 6 of your losses someone ragequit. What happens to your W/L then?

Suddenly your inferior team full of childish ragequitters that lost to my superior team with no ragequitters has a 100% W/L because the 6 losses don't count.

See the problem? :)

AzureSky.
06-11-2017, 05:52 PM
But is this the reason for the loss? Or did the child teammate leave because you were losing and always going to lose?

Chicken and Egg situation I know, but if people rage quit when they are losing, which they do, pretty much 100% of the time, then like I said, all you are doing is hiding all the bad games where you were going to lose, BEFORE the child teammate decided to leave BECAUSE you were going to lose. You were going to lose all along, that is really important to my point.

Even if in some of the cases it is the child teammate leaving that causing the loss, in the vast majority of the cases, the loss came first.

Let me put it another way.

Your team fights my team 10 times.

My team wins 6 times, so we have a 60% W/L

Your team therefore has a 40% W/L, correct?

My team is better, we won more, no one from my team quit in our 4 losses to your team.

Now, add your system in, and say in all 6 of your losses someone ragequit. What happens to your W/L then?

Suddenly your inferior team full of childish ragequitters that lost to my superior team with no ragequitters has a 100% W/L because the 6 losses don't count.

See the problem? :)

How cares about W/L in dominion LMAO, its a cc spam fest with no skill involved, yeah you can survive more in 1vs2 situations but you still cant kill them and do a parry without risking getting cc after it.

the focus of the game is 1vs1 and 2vs2

Eyaside
06-11-2017, 06:02 PM
It's just because of people who think they are good at the game think that they should never lose and only their wins are legitimate. They have some of the most bogus, padded stats it's unbelievable and they hold it to the highest regard. If you make it so when the quit penalty gets enacted that your quits still don't count as losses, you can bet it's still going to happen. If you make it so that if you pull the plug on your router and you avoid that temp ban, it's gonna happen. Know some who said they have no problem doing it as it takes less time to reboot up than wait for that ban. As long as you have stat *****s in this game, you're gonna have this problem. There are of course the people who rage quit after ANY death they feel is unjustified because they have nonexistent composure. Hell if some of these people stop playing because of the new measures, the community would be that much better and players might actually stick around because their opponent is just another dude having a good time.

I could think of one way you might be able to curb some of these out (at least in duel modes maybe, I can't think of a viable solution to 4s especially with AI in the mix, at least not without time). Playing as much as I have, I notice that the people that rage quit against me in duels are in one of two places. It's either the first death they get, they feel it was illegitimate so they mash that menu button (I don't ledge or play "broken" characters btw). Or it's right at the end of the duel when they are losing, no matter how close or bad the duel was. Right when they're hit and it's confirmed that they're dead, they lost the match, they're gone. Maybe you could filter out the last group, which are the majority of the ragequits, by detecting when they quit and punishing accordingly. You're at two losses and you magically have to go during your last fight? Take note of it. If it turns out that it's repeated behavior (can't make it too less or you might get collateral) distribute a stat wipe. It would discourage guys to keep doing that to pad KD, though it wouldn't affect the people that just quit when they are mad. But I feel the temp ban penalty would help with that group. It's probably not a pitch perfect solution, but I feel it would curb a lot of the disconnects in 1v1 game modes. Something better could probably made up, but that would take a lot of thinking time.

That_guy44
06-11-2017, 06:07 PM
I think this is one of the few times I agree with ubinoty. I would like to take the surrender option and I will take the loss. This is the chance you get with playing with random people. They suck and they may leave. If you truly want reliable teammates you need to be in a premade. I don't really make friends on PS4 so I mainly play duels. That way the only person that can affect me losing is me. (Besides all the cheese in the game.)

Netcode_err_404
06-11-2017, 06:09 PM
How cares about W/L in dominion LMAO, its a cc spam fest with no skill involved, yeah you can survive more in 1vs2 situations but you still cant kill them and do a parry without risking getting cc after it.

No, the main focus of the game is dominion, its the main mode, CLAIMED by the developers.

We know that is a BS, and its probably true that the game is 1v1, but lol, even on 1v1 its broken so....

Gray360UK
06-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Who cares about W/L in dominion LMAO

I think you're telling this to the wrong person :)

This is nonsense. There are 3 modes that are 4 vs 4 and nothing to suggest they are less important than the other modes. They certainly have much higher activity on a regular basis.

ELDRIX_
06-11-2017, 06:46 PM
this game would be way more fun without the stats
they just make people with a high winratio more salty and make people ragequit to save it
it should be more tournement focused by the time ranked comes out

if you get what i am saying

AzureSky.
06-12-2017, 10:57 PM
No, the main focus of the game is dominion, its the main mode, CLAIMED by the developers.

We know that is a BS, and its probably true that the game is 1v1, but lol, even on 1v1 its broken so....

Nobody ever claimed that, also all the top tier players say that the focus of the game is 1vs1, at least is much more balanced than dominion that is only spamming the cc button + safe attacks after it.

Herbstlicht
06-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Honestly, people can care less about this loss. Means mmr gets adjusted. Probably easier match next time. And statistically it will happen to your opponents as much as to yourself. Anyway, w/l-ratio is the most useless stat in this game. If you want go get good, you play against those that beat you - possibly until you beat them. And even if it nets you ten losses a row, after it, you will have improved way more then just ragequitting a match. Even more in team enviroments, w/l-ratio is so much out of your control, one really needn't care.

Gray360UK
06-12-2017, 11:43 PM
all the top tier players say that the focus of the game is 1vs1

That's not a statement they are in a position to make. What they play is not the same as what the focus of the game is. What their focus is, fine. Nothing more than that. Duels have the lowest activity of any game mode in For Honor, all the time, every day, every week. Whatever 'they' say, very few people spend their time in For Honor duelling.

psyminion
06-13-2017, 02:40 AM
wait.

are there people running around in 4v4 that have never dueled (no stats or feats)?

AzureSky.
06-13-2017, 03:41 AM
That's not a statement they are in a position to make. What they play is not the same as what the focus of the game is. What their focus is, fine. Nothing more than that. Duels have the lowest activity of any game mode in For Honor, all the time, every day, every week. Whatever 'they' say, very few people spend their time in For Honor duelling.

tournaments are 1vs1 and 2vs2 (that is a fact) dominion is just a bad joke, no one take it seriously. its just a moba player bait trap.

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 09:49 AM
tournaments are 1vs1 and 2vs2 (that is a fact) dominion is just a bad joke, no one take it seriously. its just a moba player bait trap.

Well all those 'no ones' playing Dominion massively outnumber the Duel population, whatever you say. With all the balance issues and the turtle meta, I'd say no one takes Duel seriously. Do you, really? Did you see the Dev Stream Duel when the Shinobi kicked his way to victory? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me, but there's not a lot in For Honor I do take seriously, it's a game after all. Idolising YouTubers and Streamers isn't my thing. I don't care what they say the game is about. They play to show off and Duel suits their purposes. Tournaments are not the game, or the playerbase, they represent what, 2% of players? The game is what the vast majority of the people in it are doing, and that is not 1 vs 1 duels.

ZUNniK.
06-13-2017, 09:53 AM
Well all those 'no ones' playing Dominion massively outnumber the Duel population, whatever you say. With all the balance issues and the turtle meta, I'd say no one takes Duel seriously. Do you, really? Did you see the Dev Stream Duel when the Shinobi kicked his way to victory? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me, but there's not a lot in For Honor I do take seriously, it's a game after all. Idolising YouTubers and Streamers isn't my thing. I don't care what they say the game is about. They play to show off and Duel suits their purposes. Tournaments are not the game, or the playerbase, they represent what, 2% of players? The game is what the vast majority of the people in it are doing, and that is not 1 vs 1 duels.

Wisely spoken, sir.

Gray360UK
06-13-2017, 09:55 AM
wait.

are there people running around in 4v4 that have never dueled (no stats or feats)?

The problem being?

Dhaleks
06-13-2017, 11:41 AM
wait.

Some people such as me have been unable to play duels or brawls since the 1.03 patch.

Anri-Okita
06-13-2017, 04:58 PM

It seems kind of weird that Ubi is so willing to concede the "unplayable" nature of some games rather than making it more rewarding to stick it through.

Why not remove the bot replacement mechanic and give the disadvantaged team stacking buffs for each missing human player? Put in achievements for Winning Against All Odds, boost post-match rewards (XP, Loot), give players a reason to keep playing the game and the tools they need to do so.

These people sat through matchmaking, character select, and loaded up a map to play the game. These are people who WANT to play the game - I think they deserve at least a chance to play something, instead of going through the whole process all over again and hoping there won't be a leaver this time.

Shakti.
06-13-2017, 05:17 PM
Of all games I have played I think the better solutions I've seen was implemented by Blizzard.
Basically their system flags the leavers. After three strikes the leavers are put on "separeted matchmaking only for themselves. Basically they have to complete 3 games in company of other leavers to remove the flag or stay in leavers country. Seems brilliant.

vgrimr_J
06-14-2017, 03:47 PM
100% agree it shouldnt be a loss if team loses who has bots in the team. this is rage qutting is getting out of hand too much bots in loosing teams. penalty is clearly not high enough. i have lost countless matches now because of rage quitters and bots are trash since they are not lvl3 bots like they SHOULD be. lvl1 and 2 are wayy too easy to fight against.

first quit should be 30mins
second 1h
third 24h ban.

SwellChemosabe
06-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Of all games I have played I think the better solutions I've seen was implemented by Blizzard.
Basically their system flags the leavers. After three strikes the leavers are put on "separeted matchmaking only for themselves. Basically they have to complete 3 games in company of other leavers to remove the flag or stay in leavers country. Seems brilliant.

^ This is a fu*$ing brilliant idea. Also,I believe someone earlier in the thread mentioned that leaving the game intentionally should count as a lose. Best two ideas i've seen so far. The surrender solution I think would be interesting but I think maybe something else can be done to say, just as a spit balling suggestion, reward the team that passed on the surrender? like boosts or a slighter higher reward, something. Ubi, please consider these ideas because rage quitters can still get away with their BS even with the time ban.

UbiNoty
06-15-2017, 12:46 AM
^ This is a fu*$ing brilliant idea. Also,I believe someone earlier in the thread mentioned that leaving the game intentionally should count as a lose. Best two ideas i've seen so far. The surrender solution I think would be interesting but I think maybe something else can be done to say, just as a spit balling suggestion, reward the team that passed on the surrender? like boosts or a slighter higher reward, something. Ubi, please consider these ideas because rage quitters can still get away with their BS even with the time ban.

Will bring it up with the team. :D

AzureSky.
06-19-2017, 12:16 AM

I take duels over spamming cc and trowing people off, thats not fun and you have really deep problems if you enjoy that, tournaments are 1vs1 and 2vs2, also i play with the top 10 of my region (and close regions) so 1vs1 and 2vs2 are a lot more fun, and no, 1vs1 is always with high player count since its the only mode that use well the P2P network (dominion is a lag fest)

so yeah, i dont think you are using your brain if you play the broken 4vs4 gamemodes, working overnight is better than that.

Gray360UK
06-19-2017, 01:05 AM
I take duels over spamming cc and trowing people off, thats not fun and you have really deep problems if you enjoy that, tournaments are 1vs1 and 2vs2, also i play with the top 10 of my region (and close regions) so 1vs1 and 2vs2 are a lot more fun, and no, 1vs1 is always with high player count since its the only mode that use well the P2P network (dominion is a lag fest)

so yeah, i dont think you are using your brain if you play the broken 4vs4 gamemodes, working overnight is better than that.

Not going to reply sensibly to someone who talks like a child when someone has a different opinion. Too many of you people around on these forums as it is, not going to encourage you, especially when everything you said is either just your opinion or made up nonsense.

guffffff
06-19-2017, 03:34 PM
a solution to sparing players from having to play through the rest of the game with a team of bots...

Wellll, me and a team of bots kicked *** last night, pretty much the whole game, nice going bot chums! the enemy team were silent at the end lol, no "Wow!" or anything :) I think the bots actually listen to the quick chat and thats why we won. no sweeter victory tbh

Gray360UK
06-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Wellll, me and a team of bots kicked *** last night, pretty much the whole game, nice going bot chums! the enemy team were silent at the end lol, no "Wow!" or anything :) I think the bots actually listen to the quick chat and thats why we won. no sweeter victory tbh

Depends on the bots to be honest, and the enemy team of course. Were the bots on your team a Peacekeeper, a Shoguki and a Warlord by any chance? ;)

guffffff
06-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Hah, honestly cant remember, just [bot]*shrug*, they must have been lvl 3 or something - but i was giving them orders and they must have listened. and i was gonna quit but thought how cool it would be if we won, and we did !! :D