PDA

View Full Version : No need to fix centurion I found a perfect solution

Shakti.
06-10-2017, 02:31 AM
I just autoconcede. When quit penality will come up I'll just stay afk prepping Thea. This is how far this character breaks my nerves.
I'm sorry the big developer with tattoo has made the cent his little baby. Must have a similar character.
I can't stress it enough the centurion ruin the game, he has too many moves, and ****ed up timings and tracking and basically one shots assassins. It is an unfair charcater and an insult to people that actually want to play intead of being out of stamina or on the ground.
Justice will be done.

Epoqx
06-10-2017, 08:17 AM
I just autoconcede. When quit penality will come up I'll just stay afk prepping Thea. This is how far this character breaks my nerves.
I'm sorry the big developer with tattoo has made the cent his little baby. Must have a similar character.
I can't stress it enough the centurion ruin the game, he has too many moves, and ****ed up timings and tracking and basically one shots assassins. It is an unfair charcater and an insult to people that actually want to play intead of being out of stamina or on the ground.
Justice will be done.

And again same crap.

Cent is like kensei, they both destroy noobs and gets destroyed at a higher level (kensei being the weakest).

If you understand this, it means you need to train more.

Devil_Sparda
06-10-2017, 11:10 AM
in 4v4 scenario he ll dominate.. my suggestion is to add a cooldown to his heavy pinning attack.. 5 seconds where u cannot be pinned anymore.. ain t no so difficult.. try to be staked in the middle of 2 cent that pinn you and kick you, but before going down the second pinn you again and kick you..
cooldown saves in this case

Epoqx
06-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Devs said they wont ever add cooldowns on the fighting mechanics. And i totally agree, it would destroy the flow of the game.

Shakti.
06-10-2017, 06:20 PM
And again same crap.

Cent is like kensei, they both destroy noobs and gets destroyed at a higher level (kensei being the weakest).

Dude it's a videogame I don't need to be a pro for pretending a change. I am at medium level and the majority of the players are people like me. So unless you want to play this game with only 100 people you'd better listen.

SplugeKing
06-10-2017, 06:24 PM
And again same crap.

You might need a brain scan

XxHunterHxX
06-10-2017, 07:11 PM
And again same crap.

you play what you want...i play turtle centurion....

1 parry...or failed doge from you and you ir pretty much dead or at lest half if not more of your hp is GONE ! i had a lawbringer in a combo so long by the time i ran out of stamina he was down to 1 hp bar .....the lawbringer has the most hp in the game see where im going with this ?

JibletHunter
06-10-2017, 08:26 PM
And again same crap.

You might want to get off of your high horse there. I've been playing since alpha. I have about 380 hours, as this is the only game I play at all. I am rated as the top .7% of Nobushi and top 1% of kensei (although I really doubt the site's accuracy and since Ive stopped playing recently, I am assuming my stats may have dropped by 1-2%). I have all characters at at least rep 2, and and many at rep 6 and above. I am not trying to blow smoke up my ***, I just want to point out that skill has nothing to do with wether you enjoy playing against a centurion.

Most people complain about cent in 4's, which is due to the length/damage of his main chain combined with the effect of groups. THe frustration is understandble and is much harder to counter in 4's (simply due to having to account for many more variables than a 1v1.

However, I also have a problem with and against centurion in 1v1. I love winning as much as anyone. Howver winning as cent is simply boring, Any experienced player with decent reaction time should be able to parry heavies consistantly. These same players, depending on the light attack, should be parrying 20%-70%+ of the time (70%+ for raw nobushi top lights and kensei lights and 20% for raw pk/shinobi lights). Centurions heavy parry punish is O.K. and is pretty inline with other characters (assuming you are not by a wall, which boosts his damage substantially). However, his light parry punish is by far the highest in the game (again increased further by a wall). Many of cent's move are easily dodged. This forces skilled cents who can parry consistantly to simply turtle and punish lights/heavies. This is going to become even easier with the guard change speed buff. In short a good cent actually becomes MORE dangerous at high level play and witll usually result in parry death or a staring match.

While I used to win this way, it is not fun to turtle or stare. Alternatively, playing against a centurion who can consistantly parry and knows how to handle feints forces you to refrain from loosing any swings. This is not a matter of skill or "training" but is simply the result of implementing a top tier punish of varying degree on parry.

I do not think I am a hotshot in any way.

l8knight347
06-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Justice will be done.

you could just play warlord, raider, shinobi, or some other hero that has a match up advantage.

AzureSky.
06-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Its not really centurions fault, The CC Spam is a problem of all the cc characters in 4vs4 modes, it needs to get reworked.

My suggestion is that if a enemy CC stack you (spam cc over the actual stun you are taking from ANOTHER enemy) they get knocked back kind of like when you try to GB a enemy that is already guard broken by a ally. (also the guy you hit dont take the cc and the stamina damage involved with it)

If you parry a enemy you get cc invunerability frames after you do it, so you can punish the enemy you parried. ( right now if you attack a enemy that is doing a parry he also parrys you, but you can still cc spam him)

Shakti.
06-10-2017, 08:56 PM
you could just play warlord, raider, shinobi, or some other hero that has a match up advantage.

I can't. I'm not saying I can-t beat cents. Im saying the design around it is cancer for this game. It is an absolutely hellish character. The game of the centurion is not to outplay you. Is to not make you play at all.
I hate its voice, moveset, feel me with rage at the demon that tougth it was good to add a character like it in the game.
For thoise of you too much in deep i recall you that this is a video game and it is supposed to be fun. It was pretty fun until this 2 devilish character enters the frey with the notable difference that shinobi is dead in 2 moves or if it ****s up while Cent is an all around beast with no major weak points. You stand there countering all it's moves that BTW are all potentially devastating while it's your turn to attack you discover that your class isn't good enough and that he can just stand there blocking your attack cause you have no unblockables or broken mechanics. Yhea seemsa fair. I'll just stand here sweating to beat a kid with no brain that spams uncounterable on the other side of the scree. **** off. Its idiotic.

When Im tired of them I switch to Valk and serve them the same medicine.
Basiucally the devs are given the angry children of the net a ****ing mean to become bullies and feel good about it.
It is ******** incarnated.

ZUNniK.
06-10-2017, 10:06 PM
I can't. I'm not saying I can-t beat cents. Im saying the design around it is cancer for this game. It is an absolutely hellish character. The game of the centurion is not to outplay you. Is to not make you play at all.
I hate its voice, moveset, feel me with rage at the demon that tougth it was good to add a character like it in the game.
For thoise of you too much in deep i recall you that this is a video game and it is supposed to be fun. It was pretty fun until this 2 devilish character enters the frey with the notable difference that shinobi is dead in 2 moves or if it ****s up while Cent is an all around beast with no major weak points. You stand there countering all it's moves that BTW are all potentially devastating while it's your turn to attack you discover that your class isn't good enough and that he can just stand there blocking your attack cause you have no unblockables or broken mechanics. Yhea seemsa fair. I'll just stand here sweating to beat a kid with no brain that spams uncounterable on the other side of the scree. **** off. Its idiotic.

When Im tired of them I switch to Valk and serve them the same medicine.
Basiucally the devs are given the angry children of the net a ****ing mean to become bullies and feel good about it.
It is ******** incarnated.

i agree, this game, especially since S2, brings out the worst in me. :D I can handle my emotions but when im driven to a point after constant gang rape from cents and shins 3-4 times in a row in dominion. i pull out warlord or PK :D jeez, i never thought i play them, refused it in S1. and i know this is also cancer. but i dont know. thats status quo at the moment...

JibletHunter
06-10-2017, 10:16 PM
I play cent occasionally and honestly would rather him be removed altogether. He is not fun to play as or against and is massively powerful in the right situations. I can sneak up and charged heavy combo someone in domin for an almost guarenteed kill. However, I dont really feel like I had to do anything difficult or rewarding. Being on the other side is obviously frustrating as well.

UbiNoty
06-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Well, unfortunately I don't think we'll be removing him anytime soon - but we are working to balance him.

Also, I wouldn't suggest going afk when the quit-penalty goes online. You may just get reported by your team and receive an infraction for afking. Just a heads up.

Castironpan1
06-11-2017, 12:13 AM
The Centurion still needs to be fixed, the patch made no changes to the general balance issues with him.

Between THEIR connection issues and now this mess? forget it.

I am deleting For Honor. **** this.

Peace.

Castironpan1
06-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Well, unfortunately I don't think we'll be removing him anytime soon - but we are working to balance him.

Go ahead and shoot me an e-mail once you've balanced him, I won't be playing again until that happens.

Pillow_Hands
06-11-2017, 12:32 AM
Go ahead and shoot me an e-mail once you've balanced him, I won't be playing again until that happens.

Well, at the going rate, see you in a year.

RoosterIlluzion
06-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Justice will be done.

And again same crap.

Centurion spam abuser found.