PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of skill based matchmaking...

llllIllIIIIIIII
06-09-2017, 11:46 PM
... or region based matchmaking, or (soon) reputation based matchmaking when all searches end like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/00cb6c30f31e063dda226e9fddccae4e.png
(EU, prime time)

I'd rather wait 5 minutes for a fair and lag free game than endure the ****-show I get 90% of the time. The timer before the matchmaker extends needs to be much longer.

UbiJurassic
06-10-2017, 12:14 AM
It's something we can certainly look into, but at the same time there are also players who think that matchmaking times are too long. I'll submit your suggestion though. :)

The_B0G_
06-10-2017, 12:20 AM
It's something we can certainly look into, but at the same time there are also players who think that matchmaking times are too long. I'll submit your suggestion though. :)

I also play EA sports Nhl 17 and they give you the ability to pick strict or relaxed when it comes to you matchmaking, that might be something worth looking into.

Wolf-Heathen
06-10-2017, 02:28 AM
There just aren't enough active players to do strict matchmaking. That's why it almost instantly defaults to all skill levels. It's been like this for months.

Egotistic_Ez
06-10-2017, 02:40 AM
There just aren't enough active players to do strict matchmaking. That's why it almost instantly defaults to all skill levels. It's been like this for months.

Exactly. That's why I don't understand all the work they're putting into this new account level matchmaking. Sure, it sounds good on paper, but there's clearly not enough people for it to run on.

llllIllIIIIIIII
06-10-2017, 05:06 PM
There just aren't enough active players

That's the reason why the timer has to change. It's too fast for such a small player base.

kweassa1
06-10-2017, 06:11 PM
...so do you people want a better matchmaking or not?

People whine for months that the matchmaking is bad... and now as they work for a better system, it's pointless....???

psyminion
06-10-2017, 07:26 PM
I wish we knew what skill tier we were in to begin with tbh.

AzureSky.
06-10-2017, 07:37 PM

No.

First you make the game work (green vs green matches) then you care about matchmatching times, you dont put the carriage before the horses.

Also the matchmatching is taking so long because its really bad optimized, you could add multiple queues (i want to play duel, brawl, and elimination for example, so if any of that modes needs a player i could enter the one thats faster) this way you increase the matchmatching speeds by a lot instead of making 100000+ modes with separate queues.

To make it clear it works like this, you check the modes you want to play and then search for a game.