PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to play Galina Voronina?

joshoolhorst
06-09-2017, 07:30 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/4/48/ACS_DB_Galina_Voronina.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151104160637
Are you still interested in playing Galina after her first GAME appearence into the franchise?
I am not the biggest fan of her myself, I like her background and her character in Syndicate but her comic part in my honest opinion is bad and her CGI fight scene wasn't the greatest CGI scene we ever had in this franchise.
Do you still want to play as her?

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Galina_Voronina
Link for those who don't know her background

santap555
06-09-2017, 07:37 PM
I prefer Charlotte de la Cruz

cawatrooper9
06-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Sure.
To be honest, I don't really care who we're playing. I just want a good story.

Bastiaen
06-09-2017, 07:42 PM
I find her abrasive. That could work for a character, but she would have to have the right story for that kind of character. I think we need a brand new modern character, without the luggage of the comics or past games. At the same time, I'd like to see some of that luggage resolved.

cawatrooper9
06-09-2017, 09:04 PM
I think we need a brand new modern character, without the luggage of the comics or past games. At the same time, I'd like to see some of that luggage resolved.

Yeah, that's a pretty good point. I think Cross's handling in AC3 shows why making a cross-media too important in a format they weren't introduced in can be... difficult.

Helforsite
06-09-2017, 09:06 PM
While I find her very interesting as a character and certainly prefer her to Charlotte, I dont know if I want her as a playable character. The whole story with her family and Juno could be interesting to explore further, but I think her type of more serious character isnt well received by most fans, which I personally dont understand.

LoyalACFan
06-09-2017, 09:44 PM
I only know her from Syndicate, but I didn't like her at all in that game. Crazy Russian stereotype. Blah.

ze_topazio
06-09-2017, 10:50 PM
I don't like her, never did since the Initiates days, I don't know why, I just don't like her, her entire character is not appealing at all to me, I don't like her design, even her name "Galina" reminds me of the Portuguese word "Galinha" which means Chicken.

cawatrooper9
06-09-2017, 10:52 PM
I don't like her, never did since the Initiates days, I don't know why, I just don't like her, her entire character is not appealing at all to me, I don't like her design, even her name "Galina" reminds me of the Portuguese word "Galinha" which means Chicken.

Well, that Assassins always did have traditionally avian themed names.
Not so much poultry, but still.

LoyalACFan
06-09-2017, 10:58 PM
Well, that Assassins always did have traditionally avian themed names.
Not so much poultry, but still.

Altair ibn la'Chicken was discarded in an early draft, as was Ratonhnhake:duck.

pacmanate
06-09-2017, 11:00 PM
We might from some of the rumours going around.

ERICATHERINE
06-09-2017, 11:04 PM
All I want is to control a 3rd person md character. I don't mind who. All I want is to take part in the md by playing instead of watching and by actually seeing the character I control in 3rd person. It just don't matter for me if I play as Galina, Charlotte, Otso Berg or anybody from Gavin to a complete stranger, by passing to a custumizable charcter. ^-^

Xstantin
06-09-2017, 11:56 PM
She's cooler than the iPad person, so I guess why not

wvstolzing
06-10-2017, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't mind playing as her; actually I wouldn't even mind playing as yet another Desmond-clone. (In their own particular ways, both Charlotte and Cal are Desmond clones, I think.)

I just hope that they got rid of the 'Helix' nonsense. Obviously the people who decide on the trajectory of the franchise in its entirety love the 'modern day', and the Animus -- in the movie, and in the recent comics, that's where the most interesting action takes place. So I really hope that they'll be incorporating it back into the games themselves.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind being strapped to the robot arm movie version of the Animus (yeah I know it wouldn't make as much sense in a game as it does in the movie [in the game you don't get to watch your character strapped to the machine from the outside]).

Just phase out the Abstergo Entertainment experiment ... say that it reached its objective with Rogue, and then they shut down the company. Then add a few funny easter eggs in the modern world portion of the new game, e.g. a gaming youtuber complaining about the lack of games on the Helix platform.

pirate1802
06-10-2017, 05:28 AM
No thanks. She seems like generic Rossiyan Tough Lady stereotype. Just switching the gender of a character isn't enough to make them interesting, devs. Gotta work on them.

Also, I seem to be in the minority seeing that most people liked that part but I personally thought that CGI fighting scene at the end was horrible. Reminded me of kids mock-fighting each other with paper swords.

pacmanate
06-10-2017, 05:37 AM
No thanks. She seems like generic Rossiyan Tough Lady stereotype. Just switching the gender of a character isn't enough to make them interesting, devs. Gotta work on them.

Also, I seem to be in the minority seeing that most people liked that part but I personally thought that CGI fighting scene at the end was horrible. Reminded me of kids mock-fighting each other with paper swords.

How can you say that? You just massively assumed what her character is before even playing the game.