PDA

View Full Version : Cent tech: legit or not?

Kitsune..
06-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Haven't seen any dev answer or comment on this so far, so I'm asking here: is this (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6fv5oq/dirty_centurion_unlock_tech_gif_and_explanation/) legit?

UPD: I've definitely worded my question in a wrong way. I know that it's a legit trick, and there's nothing illegal going on there. Still this trick is possible because of a completely sh1tty skill design, IMO. The question is is it intended to work this way? Is this trick something, that the devs were going to give, or rather are giving, to the Centurion, or it's a mistake and it will be fixed?

Draghmar
06-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Looks like bug and with the new addition to terms after Warden's exploit I'd advise to not to use it.

XxHunterHxX
06-09-2017, 12:33 PM
yay more cancer

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Looks like bug and with the new addition to terms after Warden's exploit I'd advise to not to use it.

How is this a bug? It's just looking away and whiffing an attack to mind game someone

yay more cancer

Just don't mash cgb in a panic and your fine, stop crying over every little thing. This should only work on you once and pretty much never again. It's no different than raiders OOS zone attack mixup parry punish.

Edit: actually it's way worse than raiders since it can all be done on reaction. There's no penalty for waiting for the GB to connect since the window is so forgiving

My.Insanity
06-09-2017, 01:01 PM
looks normal to me... Centurio most balanced Hero in this game... no nerfs needed

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/94/2b/4e/942b4e41ca6a21cae04c5d8759342152.jpg

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 01:05 PM
looks normal to me... Centurio most balanced Hero in this game... no nerfs needed

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/94/2b/4e/942b4e41ca6a21cae04c5d8759342152.jpg

Yep least not with this. People whiff attacks for setups all the time. Valk with her sweep, warden with his Sb, kensei with his unblockable mixup, etc.

Egotistic_Ez
06-09-2017, 01:15 PM
It depends what the opponent sees. If they see the gb icon appear then yes, it's yet another exploit. If they don't then no, it's a whiff.

Either way it's a ****ing stupid mechanic and badly designed.

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 01:19 PM
It depends what the opponent sees. If they see the gb icon appear then yes, it's yet another exploit. If they don't then no, it's a whiff.

How is any different than whiffing lights to get the sweep with valk? You can see those too.

Draghmar
06-09-2017, 01:23 PM
How is this a bug? It's just looking away and whiffing an attack to mind game someone
Because of all the fixes that comes to using unlock to get advantage in some way. In this case unlocking goes around recovery time from what I understand and that shouldn't happen as it gives unitended advantage which is exactly exploit.

Kitsune..
06-09-2017, 01:24 PM

Judging by his opponents reaction (they try to CGB) it looks like they see the GB icon.
On one hand players should definitely pay more attention to actual opponent's movements, not only to the indicators, also GB whiffs are quite legit baits, so nothing illegal occurs. On the other hand this tech is pretty dirty, especially considering that this particular hero is not in need of anything like that to be viable... That's why I want devs comments on this.

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Because of all the fixes that comes to using unlock to get advantage in some way. In this case unlocking goes around recovery time from what I understand and that shouldn't happen as it gives unitended advantage which is exactly exploit.

If it bypasses recovery frames than I can agree with that you, but simply looking away and whiffing an attack isn't an exploit.

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 01:39 PM
If you can light attack, whiff a GB, and follow up with a heavy, then theres no exploit.

If unlocking cancels the recovery time, then it is an exploit. Unlocking is a legitimate tech for many heroes. As someone else said, just dont mash CGB that simple...

Kitsune..
06-09-2017, 01:43 PM
If you can light attack, whiff a GB, and follow up with a heavy, then theres no exploit.

If unlocking cancels the recovery time, then it is an exploit. Unlocking is a legitimate tech for many heroes. As someone else said, just dont mash CGB that simple...

Basically you unlock, turn, and whiff a quick-GB after landing a light. Then you immediately lock back on and start charging a heavy.

It works because there is ZERO recovery after whiffing a quick-GB. So if your opponent tries to CGB, or sees that your GB whiffed and tries to punish it with their own GB, they eat a full charged pin.
:nonchalance:

Dizzy4213
06-09-2017, 01:49 PM
It seriously needs to be fix. It's far top easy to exploit with little to no punish. There is zero recovery time on the whiffed GB and your opponent also sees the GB symbol on their end. When they go to CGB you, it fails because you're instantly charge your heavy which then leads into a charged punch and Eagle's Talon.

I doubt anything is going to happen though. Centurion won't be nerfed because he's Roman's favourite hero after all.

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 01:51 PM
:nonchalance:
It works because there is ZERO recovery after whiffing a quick-GB. So if your opponent tries to CGB, or sees that your GB whiffed and tries to punish it with their own GB, they eat a full charged pin.

But does the gb have zero recovery frames or does the unlock make it so there are zero? Big difference and it's what makes it an exploit or not.

Dizzy4213
06-09-2017, 02:00 PM
But does the gb have zero recovery frames or does the unlock make it so there are zero? Big difference and it's what makes it an exploit or not.

The quick GB has zero recovery frames even when locked on. Unlocking isn't the issue, it's the fact that he has no recovery time on a missed quick GB. Everyone hero can whiff a GB, but not on the level of this. Which is why it needs to be patched.

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 02:00 PM
^^^

No one has confirmed that whiffing the GB normally after a Light Attack forces a recovery time.

If unlocking causes the recovery animation to cancel, its an exploit
If unlocking acts the same way as a normal whiffed GB, its a tech.

Dizzy4213
06-09-2017, 02:02 PM
^^^

No one has confirmed that whiffing the GB normally after a Light Attack forces a recovery time.

If unlocking causes the recovery animation to cancel, its an exploit
If unlocking acts the same way as a normal whiffed GB, its a tech.

It's an exploit either way. The quick GB should have a recovery time if they miss, just like a normal GB.

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 02:04 PM
The quick GB has zero recovery frames even when locked on. Unlocking isn't the issue, it's the fact that he has no recovery time on a missed quick GB. Everyone hero can whiff a GB, but not on the level of this. Which is why it needs to be patched.

Because no hero has a mix up like LA -> LA -> GB or LA->GB. And you know what would stop this 'Tech". An attack...likely any attack. Just dont CGB that simple. If you whiff the GB then youre anticipating and CGB to early anyway... This will maybe get you once in a game against a good centurion. If he gets you again with this tech. It is entirely your fault.

And by your logic, nothing new should ever be introduced in this game. Just rehash old moves from old heroes to make a new character....how exciting

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 02:07 PM
It's an exploit either way. The quick GB should have a recovery time if they miss, just like a normal GB.

Disagree about it being an exploit, it's just poor design but yeah it probably should be patched. Not because I think it's too strong, I really think it's incredibly easy to just not be a jumpy chihuahua and wait for the gb to connect. It just doesn't make sense that an attack has Zero recovery frames.

Dizzy4213
06-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Because no hero has a mix up like LA -> LA -> GB or LA->GB. And you know what would stop this 'Tech". An attack...likely any attack. Just dont CGB that simple. If you whiff the GB then youre anticipating and CGB to early anyway... This will maybe get you once in a game against a good centurion. If he gets you again with this tech. It is entirely your fault.

And by your logic, nothing new should ever be introduced in this game. Just rehash old moves from old heroes to make a new character....how exciting

Are you an idiot?

Why is unreasonable for the quick GB to have a recovery time if missed like a normal GB? And what makes you think that I want nothing new to ever be introduced?

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Because you're saying no one else has it, Centurion cant have it.

Its not a normal GB, you said it yourself. Its not going to act like a normal GB.

You sure you're not the idiot?

Kitsune..
06-11-2017, 06:01 AM
Soo, no Ubi comments on this so far. Is this stuff broken or working as intended?

S0Mi_xD
06-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Haven't seen any dev answer or comment on this so far, so I'm asking here: is this (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6fv5oq/dirty_centurion_unlock_tech_gif_and_explanation/) legit?

Whiffing by unlocking is a legit way to play and high lvl mindgame in for honor.

You can whiff GBs with every hero, the problem here is, that the recovery of the "fast GB" is pretty much instant, so he can attack after that pretty fast....
In general, i think the fast GB chaining after every light attack is a stupidly strong tool... but only the best for Romans beloved one ;) (i don't mean this to insult anyone or something similar, but it really looks like Centurion got everywhere a special treatment....
- Highest stamina pool with around 160-175 stamina, when the basic stamina for all heroes is around 120 (+/-)
- doesn't consume stamina for a heavy if he feints, only for the feint (so cent do consume only the half of stamina when feinting in compare to every other hero)
- on of the strongest kits with actuall real combos in it, and sick mixups without using advanced tech like unlock etc.)

don't wanna judge anyone, but things like this are not happen accidently, those are not bugs....

Kitsune..
06-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Whiffing by unlocking is a legit way to play and high lvl mindgame in for honor.

You can whiff GBs with every hero, the problem here is, that the recovery of the "fast GB" is pretty much instant, so he can attack after that pretty fast....
In general, i think the fast GB chaining after every light attack is a stupidly strong tool... but only the best for Romans beloved one ;) (i don't mean this to insult anyone or something similar, but it really looks like Centurion got everywhere a special treatment....
- Highest stamina pool with around 160-175 stamina, when the basic stamina for all heroes is around 120 (+/-)
- doesn't consume stamina for a heavy if he feints, only for the feint (so cent do consume only the half of stamina when feinting in compare to every other hero)
- on of the strongest kits with actuall real combos in it, and sick mixups without using advanced tech like unlock etc.)

don't wanna judge anyone, but things like this are not happen accidently, those are not bugs....
I've definitely worded my question in a wrong way. I know that it's a legit trick, and there's nothing illegal going on there. Still this trick is possible because of a completely sh1tty skill design, IMO. The question is is it intended to work this way? Is this trick something, that the devs were going to give, or rather are giving, to the Centurion, or it's a mistake and it will be fixed?

Also I definitely like how this thread is avoided by Ubi guys, lol. So funny :D

S0Mi_xD
06-11-2017, 04:50 PM
I've definitely worded my question in a wrong way. I know that it's a legit trick, and there's nothing illegal going on there. Still this trick is possible because of a completely sh1tty skill design, IMO. The question is is it intended to work this way? Is this trick something, that the devs were going to give, or rather are giving, to the Centurion, or it's a mistake and it will be fixed?

What exactly?

1. The instant recovery after the GB?
2. A possible, GB indicator that can't be proven by this video ?
3. That you can't GB if he turns away/whiffs GB?

I can't tell it you, the most logical explaination to me is, that they forgot to test it with this technic/trick, that they don't need to make a recovery because it will not whiff.

I think, it is not well tested design, and i hope this gets a look, it doesn't need the same recovery like a normal GB but instant recovery is BS.

Kitsune..
06-11-2017, 04:56 PM
What exactly?

1. The instant recovery after the GB?
2. A possible, GB indicator that can't be proven by this video ?
3. That you can't GB if he turns away/whiffs GB?

I can't tell it you, the most logical explaination to me is, that they forgot to test it with this technic/trick, that they don't need to make a recovery because it will not whiff.

I think, it is not well tested design, and i hope this gets a look, it doesn't need the same recovery like a normal GB but instant recovery is BS.
The first one I bellieve is the issue. The whiffed GB should have recovery frames. Even if was whiffed by Roman's fave toy.

UbiJurassic
06-12-2017, 09:32 PM
I can't confirm if this is intended or not, but I'll get it over to the team and see if I can get some info back on this.