PDA

View Full Version : Legit question....how will you bring back players to this game ?

XxHunterHxX
06-09-2017, 09:08 AM
I for one cant find games......i try looking but cant.....and if by some chance i do ghet a game going.....i eather ghet d/c or crash at the end....

even 2 v 2 mode it takes like 5 minutes to people to play with and most of the time they ir the same people over and over again....

so what do we do now ? play vs ai thill we had enough ?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASEEEEEEEEEE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE make it so you ghet rewards for playing custom matches PLEASEEEE

i just wana play vs my friends that is the most fun i have in this game at the moment.....let us level up by doing it.....and ghet some steel out of it

Another fun ideea wold be make a map allowing 8 people to have like a fight club in it but when you die you automaticly ghet resurected afther 5 seconds

most people enjoy 1 v1 duels yes but it misses the social aspect....to have 8 or more people around you watching you fight maybe add a mechanic in the game to bet with steel on players or something...the posibilities for this game ir endless but the greedines of making money and selling cosmetics is killing the game

Ulrichvonbek111
06-09-2017, 09:54 AM
I for one cant find games......i try looking but cant.....and if by some chance i do ghet a game going.....i eather ghet d/c or crash at the end....

even 2 v 2 mode it takes like 5 minutes to people to play with and most of the time they ir the same people over and over again....

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASEEEEEEEEEE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE make it so you ghet rewards for playing custom matches PLEASEEEE

i just wana play vs my friends that is the most fun i have in this game at the moment.....let us level up by doing it.....and ghet some steel out of it

Another fun ideea wold be make a map allowing 8 people to have like a fight club in it but when you die you automaticly ghet resurected afther 5 seconds

most people enjoy 1 v1 duels yes but it misses the social aspect....to have 8 or more people around you watching you fight maybe add a mechanic in the game to bet with steel on players or something...the posibilities for this game ir endless but the greedines of making money and selling cosmetics is killing the game

Many of your posts say you think the game is dead,,always giving out abuse,,oh poor me me me..angry...sob sob...told you so...
you'd better,,,
If you feel with such negativity your disdain for the game then put it down.
You're about as much use as breasts on a bull 💮💮💮

XxHunterHxX
06-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Many of your posts say you think the game is dead,,always giving out abuse,,oh poor me me me..angry...sob sob...told you so...
you'd better,,,
You're about as much use as breasts on a bull ������

the problem is i love this game and i dont want it to die and if you just sit down and say nothing then the developers will think they ir doing a great job and not care but the more you bash them then they will put more work in to the game like the should of done it from day 1 but now 4 months in and all the patches ir useles people still d/c game still freezez at the end nothing relly changed tell me what changed ? all they say we ir working hard we will do it we we we we we we we all words no action......give a promotion for the game....make some free to play weekends do something to turn the game around.....i hope they wioll turn it around and make it like rainbow six siege do even that is not that much of a great thing....people still ghet d/c in that game its still p2p the ranking is in beta afther 2 years....and so on...so that is not that big of a deal...

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 10:18 AM

If you want to play against your friends, there is no need for players to come back. Make a group with your friends, choose the appropriate game mode (two people - duell, three people elemination etc.) and play. But if you want to play 4v4 and have only 4 friends... well, player leave, no one can force them to come back.
Strange thing is, that I do wait a bit until I find a game, but I also do find a game. Never left without playing a few games. And with friends it's even easier.

XxHunterHxX
06-09-2017, 11:37 AM
If you want to play against your friends, there is no need for players to come back. Make a group with your friends, choose the appropriate game mode (two people - duell, three people elemination etc.) and play. But if you want to play 4v4 and have only 4 friends... well, player leave, no one can force them to come back.
Strange thing is, that I do wait a bit until I find a game, but I also do find a game. Never left without playing a few games. And with friends it's even easier.

yes i some time played even 12 hours of just 2 v 2 matches switching teams and even playing random caracters and so on but in the end you ghet no steel or xp out of it and its stupid we have fun but we can progress we ir forced to go play the broken dominion that ghets you d/c or you ghet ganked and its not fun at all

EDG_Avocado
06-09-2017, 12:16 PM
idk either. Maybe more advertisement and a making it free to play

edit: and ofc, add servers before all this

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 01:38 PM
yes i some time played even 12 hours of just 2 v 2 matches switching teams and even playing random caracters and so on but in the end you ghet no steel or xp out of it and its stupid we have fun but we can progress we ir forced to go play the broken dominion that ghets you d/c or you ghet ganked and its not fun at all

Why don't you get steel? Don't play custom matches, play online. If you are a group of four and play Brawl online, it will not MM, it will just take you four and put you in teams. I always get steel for playing duells against my team. We go on Multiplayer and search for a duell game. It does not MM, since we are in a group of two already. It just starts with us.
It's not the game, it's you who is choosing the wrong mode, mate. Not trying to insult you, just a statement. Take your friends in a group and MM for the game mode you want.

Aarpian
06-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Actually really easy to do - fix the game so it's fun.

**** it, I think today I'll write up a mega post on exactly how to fix this turd.

Darkeater.Midir
06-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Holy ****. All the post I've seen from OP is complaining about the game. If it makes you unhappy, take a break. The devs are actually trying to fix this game. See the recent balance changes and leaver penalty? Give them a chance. They're a hardworking team under tons of stress from a greedy corporation. You making these "problem" threads aren't doing any good for the games health.

Aarpian
06-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Holy ****. All the post I've seen from OP is complaining about the game. If it makes you unhappy, take a break. The devs are actually trying to fix this game. See the recent balance changes and leaver penalty? Give them a chance. They're a hardworking team under tons of stress from a greedy corporation. You making these "problem" threads aren't doing any good for the games health.

They've known about the meta problems since before the game even launched - and we still haven't seen the very minor changes needed to begin to fix it.
I don't doubt that they're hard working, I doubt that they're competent.

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 02:11 PM
They've known about the meta problems since before the game even launched - and we still haven't seen the very minor changes needed to begin to fix it.
I don't doubt that they're hard working, I doubt that they're competent.

I doubt you know what they have to concider when making changes. If they change one thing hastely, chances are very high (if not guaranteed) that something does not work. Guess what happens then. The outcry will be louder and more insulting than before the changes. They need data. They need to concider individual wishes. They need to concider if these changes will effect the gameplay. And still, when anything is changed in any game, bugs are prone of surfacing soon. They need a plan to adjust quickly (remember the start of season 2).
Give it time, and show some patience. Good things will come to those who wait.

guor6800
06-09-2017, 02:23 PM
I doubt you know what they have to concider when making changes. If they change one thing hastely, chances are very high (if not guaranteed) that something does not work. Guess what happens then. The outcry will be louder and more insulting than before the changes. They need data. They need to concider individual wishes. They need to concider if these changes will effect the gameplay. And still, when anything is changed in any game, bugs are prone of surfacing soon. They need a plan to adjust quickly (remember the start of season 2).
Give it time, and show some patience. Good things will come to those who wait.

I agree with you mate we should be more patient. But really now. What have been really fixed since closed beta?

-Connectivity? Got better after 1.05 yet got a lot worse since season 2 and specially 1.08.
-Matchmaking? It is an issue since launch no changes whatsoever
-Defense meta? We ve reached 3 and half months to start the conversation about fixing it when people yell about it since launch.Still not close to that.

Shall i be happy with getting some ornaments as weekly content when i see the game in such a bad state?This game needs big changes if it is to be saved. And fast. Otherwise there will be no community to get data from in a while.

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 02:29 PM
I agree with you mate we should be more patient. But really now. What have been really fixed since closed beta?

-Connectivity? Got better after 1.05 yet got a lot worse since season 2 and specially 1.08.
-Matchmaking? It is an issue since launch no changes whatsoever
-Defense meta? We ve reached 3 and half months to start the conversation about fixing it when people yell about it since launch.Still not close to that.

Shall i be happy with getting some ornaments as weekly content when i see the game in such a bad state?This game needs big changes if it is to be saved. And fast. Otherwise there will be no community to get data from in a while.

All my calls for patience are based on wishes, too. I don't know what will happen, I don't know when it will happen, I just hope it will happen. And I have no problem with patience, since the game is still uique and a lot of fun. An I played RB6, which had verty similar problems. They needed a year, but all problems were gone by then.
And I understand your standpoint. Let's hope I am right ;)

Anarnam
06-09-2017, 03:03 PM
I

Perhaps you played overwatch? If not then let me enlighten you.
After implementation of new custom games in overwatch, blizzard allowed players to gain experience in that game mode. 48 hours or a bit later, they disabled it because the system was so heavily exploited that it was simply unbearable to watch. Easiest way to exploit rewards in for honor would be to create a match 1v1 for 99 rounds where you keep grinding exp for killing afk players or simply stay afk, gg.

Infidel.Castro
06-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Ragey, toxic, negative community members are doing more damage than good. So much sh*t posting from angry people would put many people off.

XxHunterHxX
06-09-2017, 04:13 PM
After implementation of new custom games in overwatch, blizzard allowed players to gain experience in that game mode. 48 hours or a bit later, they disabled it because the system was so heavily exploited that it was simply unbearable to watch. Easiest way to exploit rewards in for honor would be to create a match 1v1 for 99 rounds where you keep grinding exp for killing afk players or simply stay afk, gg.

remove the 99 rounds limit make it like in random 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 problem solved relly what was the point you wanted to make here ? or make it so you dont ghet rewards if you pass 5 rounds or so

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 04:49 PM
remove the 99 rounds limit make it like in random 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 problem solved relly what was the point you wanted to make here ? or make it so you dont ghet rewards if you pass 5 rounds or so

Dude, what's the problem grouping up with your mate and starting a normal online duell match? You get all rewards there. No need for custom.
Why this is such a huge problem is beyond my understanding.

RatedChaotic
06-09-2017, 04:56 PM

Actually this is possible in For Honor.

rossato2109
06-09-2017, 06:42 PM

Good question, right now I don't know how they could get more players. The conection issues are way too serious for anyone that played recently multiplayer games.

Netcode_err_404
06-09-2017, 06:58 PM
.how will you bring back players to this game ?

You won't. But you can make it a great/funny/decently balanced game for the ones that are playing it.

If 1+1 = 2, some of the current players, after a huge improvement of the game, may even suggest FH to their friends, and you would indirectly get a population increse.

Right now, i have nothing to push a buy from my friends. What am I going to tell them ?

"yeah buy for honor, is a well made, game, and doesn't have problems ?"

LOL

DrExtrem
06-09-2017, 08:04 PM
First: Matchmaking

Matchmaking in this game is pretty bad. It boils down to: "who waits for how long to find a match?", "why are my teammates and enemies from all over the world?" And "wft?!? Did my enemy just do to me? I am outclassed."
First, the matchmaker tries to match you with people, who would me good matches and close by. Then, the mm gets impatient and matches you with whoever is next on the list. In this case, a pro gamer from Australia. Long wait times, bad matches, lag and crappy team compositions make people quit - its easy. Quitting people cause games to crash.

Second: Connectivity
See first - I guess that 90% of the problems with connections can be solved by making good matchups.

Third: Balancing
Let's be honest - its bad atm. Most important: Don't add new, even more imbalanced heroes, to fix a broken meta on PC, before the old ones are working as intended.

Fourth: Console experience
It's very different from the PC, because of technical aspects. 30fps, input lag, tv screens (i know sone people play on gaming monitors but its only a handful of people), home entertainment systems, blue tooth controllers, wireless network etc, etc ... Consoles are pretty standardized platforms and the mentioned problems need to be taken into account, when adjusting a game to it. If you fix the turtle meta, you need to understand, that this problem is by far less of a thing on consoles - we struggle with the low reaction time needed, to adjust guard stances and to parry several attacks. So its quite the opposite. If you deal with the def-beta, I lt might totally break the game on normal console setups.

Fifth: Pro vs. Intermediate vs. Casual
This game is too demanding for casuals and too simple for pro level gamers. The problem is, that both factions leave because their demands are not catered to. Intermediate players are the ones, who can invest time or have high talent but not both.
This game needs three different move and rulesets. One for casual gamers, with simple movesets, one for intermediates with slightly increased difficult sets and a Pro level, where the combos become sick. Hp and defense can be adjusted as well.

Sixth: Difficulty level
Some of us simply want to enjoy some games after work against bots. Problem is, that their difficulty level is set by your pvp ranking. If you don't play a lot of pvp, the bots might not match your skill level. This needs to change. Let us choose our difficulty level, if we play vs. AI - we already get reduced rewards. Btw. the AIs need to be adjusted as well - they should stop doing stuff, a player can't do.

That should help.

TheTool85
06-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Right now, i have nothing to push a buy from my friends. What am I going to tell them ?

"yeah buy for honor, is a well made, game, and doesn't have problems ?"

LOL

This!
A friend of mine lent me this game... a week after release... till now... never asking to get it back...

But okay, what does it need to get players back to the game?

Besides the connection issues and balance problems i think it is pretty simple: content!
I mean, what is fraction war all about?
Placing some ressources earned with players from different fractions on a map without knowing how much or how often you have to place it on one part of the map, that even 1% will chance to your fractions advantage?
I just watched the trailer for this game some days ago. It promised so much, in my opinion, and maby, MABY thats why many of those players left the game in early state.
Pure disappointment.
Where are the game modes where you can fight with your fraction ( AND YOUR FRACTION ONLY) against the two others at the same time?
Why not making events with Apollion involved as a fourth fraction ( could be a nice game mode for those who prefer playing against AI )
Why there are no tournaments in 1 vs 1 2vs2 ?
Why not choosing between steel only or XP only as reward?
Where is a hall of fame for every hero?

Sorry, but i had to ask these things you could normally expect from a AAA publisher.

Don't get me wrong: i still play as often as i can, still have at least some kind of fun in dominion and i am NOT a good or even average player.
Yes i do have big problems with cents and shins and... every other class (i main raider btw) but i want to keep on playing.
Cause i like this game.

And because i like it, i have to say: there could have been so much more...

Sorry 4 my poor english:)

Archeun
06-09-2017, 09:00 PM
you'd better,,,
You're about as much use as breasts on a bull 💮💮💮

And people like you are about as worthwhile as tits on a boar. You ***** about negativity instead of coming with a positive response that may make a difference. The toxic environment in this game is 2 main types. People who are pissed about the numerous issues that plague it and people like you who say "Get over it". Well guess what, both types of people have made this game go down 95% of the population.

Arkhos1988
06-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Simple. Fix the connection in any way possible. Balance the champs and put it on sale on steam.

Poenix21
06-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Well not exactly "free to play"

There is a Game called War of the Roses which is the precursor of For Honor.

When the game was dying the made it "free to play"
Well you only got a preset of Equipment and you couldn't change it or buy new stuff but you could play the game in its full glory.

We could easily do the same to for Honor.
You can download and play the game for free but you can only play the 3 Vanguards.
If you want to play the other you have to buy the game.