PDA

View Full Version : why no cent nerf???

matt89connor
06-09-2017, 07:41 AM
I do not expect much, it would be enough that kicks and punches would make Stun or reduce stamina not both, and a small reduction in damage for the jump shot (-15%) ... only this change will be enough

LordEythir
06-09-2017, 07:54 AM
Need to happen asap, better?

Mia.Nora
06-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Or just make his CC not go through Revenge activation until you figure out what to do with him.

He is absolute cancer in 4v4

Bushivlad
06-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Absurd and incomprehensible that the Centurion was not weakened. It proves once again that the Ubisoft do not care anything about the opinion of the players. It only interests you to make good ads and good videos to sell more. Otherwise they would give more attention to players' demands, This thing with Centurion is absurd and offensive to the players community. What a disappointment Ubisoft

DrinkinMyStella
06-09-2017, 09:52 AM
instead of nerf the cent because he is not a problem in 1v1 2v2 he is just a pain in 4v4 so its hard to put a nerf on him yet because he not OP as a character just in a gank.

Nestramutat
06-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Centurion is easy pie in duels, they just need to make revenge resist all his bullcrap. The fact that you activate revenge and he just punches you down like nothing, its lame.

Danioku
06-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Cause he's Roman favourite hero, so no nerf.

Eat sh*t playerbase :D

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 10:21 AM
I agree with DrinkinMehStella. He's just a problem in 4v4. Nerfing him could result in Cent never being used again, because in 1v1 he is really weak. He needs adjustments, I agree, but a nerf would probably make him unplayable in 1v1 or 2v2 and only viable in 4v4. That would be sad, if I never played against him again, because I love punishing him.

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Cause he's Roman favourite hero, so no nerf.

Eat sh*t playerbase :D

I heard the same thing a week ago about the japanese heroes. and what is it tomorrow? Go figure.

Danioku
06-09-2017, 10:35 AM
in 1v1 he is really weak.

How can you say this ?

He can just take advantage of the defensive meta like any other turtle until he can use his unbalanced punish out of a parry/GB/dodge.

He's BS in 4v4 cause of his CC and unbalanced in 1v1 due to his ridicolous punish.

Rly how can you say he's really weak, do you only play vs bad spamming players ?

XxHunterHxX
06-09-2017, 10:51 AM
in 1 v 1 he spamms the ****ing kick and jumps half the map and you tell me its not a problem in 1 v 1 dont worry they will nerf hem when the game is dead

Shakti.
06-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Clearly the Centurion is ROman baby and he doesn't want it nerfed.
Imho I think that cents shoudn't be able to punch on blocked heavy.

Dizzy4213
06-09-2017, 11:09 AM
He's Roman's favourite hero after all. That's why he's not getting nerfed. Did you see how quick he snapped on stream when asked about Centurion?

He most definitely needs a stamina damage nerf and stamina pool nerf. He drains far too much stamina and a single parry from him can exhaust anyone. He also has the largest stamina pool out of everyone at 175. Everyone else is assumed to be around 120 and Raider's stamina was recently buffed to 130.

Draghmar
06-09-2017, 11:22 AM
He's Roman's favourite hero after all. That's why he's not getting nerfed. Did you see how quick he snapped on stream when asked about Centurion?
Yeah I thought that too. ;)

But on the serious note - they just don't know what to do with it. They introduced broken character (they admitted this themselves) but had to push with season 2 and now they don't know how to deal with Cent4v4 vs Cent1v1. :)

BTW Cent is not fun to play against in all modes. Even in 1v1 where one mistake will put you to death so what I only do is to try dodge to punish...yay for the diverse gameplay ;)

My.Insanity
06-09-2017, 11:23 AM
I rly dont get it.. i read lots of threads where the DEV's told us that Cent & Shinobi will get nerfd in 1.09 v ... and now.. nothing?

Centurio is absolut cancer... no matter if 1on1 or 4on4... he is the perfect turtle and the perfect turtle opener..

in 4vs4 he is spamming unblockable kicks / punches / heavys while in 1on1 he has the best parry punishment i have ever seen (light parry = heavy + pin + punch + throwdown + jump attack + you are out of Stamina = gg) his stamina dmg is f**king bullsh!t he just need 1 parry to get you oos and in the small duel areas ... have fun running away from his kick spamm which will keep you oos. And ofc if you survive till you get revenge.. have fun with that useless sh!t it doesnt work against him... even the hyperarmor of heros like Shugoki or Warlord are useless against him..

THIS HERO IS A BUG

XxHunterHxX
06-09-2017, 11:29 AM

He most definitely needs a stamina damage nerf and stamina pool nerf. He drains far too much stamina and a single parry from him can exhaust anyone. He also has the largest stamina pool out of everyone at 175. Everyone else is assumed to be around 120 and Raider's stamina was recently buffed to 130.

Im glad they nerf the shinobi coz that was the only caracter i enjoyed playing now i have no more reasons to play this game !

I played a 2 v 2 today with my shinobi....

Tried to kick centurion doged me so i tried to escape with backflip BUT what do you know the centurion can use a heavy to make me a shishkebab instantly and im stuck afther the heavy stab i ghet a punch i go down so here comes the half the map jump so i end up with 1 bar of hp left what will the centurion do ? spamm kick thill he ghets lucky and i die coz im out of stamina ! and you wana tell me that is skill ? i dont play the centuruion coz its booring as hell all you do is kick or spam heavy punch and jump amazing combo takes so much skill to do (sarcasm) on top of the fact that 90% of the fight vs centurion is you doging all the **** he spamms oh **** a kick must doge what now he starts a heavy must doge now a punch ? well **** he got me so bye bye half my hp now what will he do next ? well same ****..... as a shinobi if i try to use rage atacks he parry and i go down he jumps bye half hp....i try rage gb he breaks it i go down bye half hp but shure...nerf the ****ing shinobi but the centurion is fine as it is ! at this point in time the game is dead i keept saying this game is dead for 3 months now coz of the stupid decisions ubisoft takes and not listens to the player base.....i for one im done with pvp since season 2 started il play pve vs ai thill prestige 7 with all caracters just for lols since i can do it with my laptop while i watch a movie on my desktop that is what this game is now ! a afk simulator vs ai and custom matches with friends thats it ! coz friends dont play like cheese little kids that spamm the same move over and over again and then they go good fight

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 01:09 PM
in 1 v 1 he spamms the ****ing kick and jumps half the map and you tell me its not a problem in 1 v 1 dont worry they will nerf hem when the game is dead

He can be but not for the reasons you listed. Those are in fact the weakest parts about him. The kick is 600ms, and the jump attack has got to be over a full second.

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Im glad they nerf the shinobi coz that was the only caracter i enjoyed playing now i have no more reasons to play this game !

Tried to kick centurion doged me so i tried to escape with backflip BUT what do you know the centurion can use a heavy to make me a shishkebab instantly and im stuck afther the heavy stab i ghet a punch i go down so here comes the half the map jump so i end up with 1 bar of hp left what will the centurion do ? spamm kick thill he ghets lucky and i die coz im out of stamina ! and you wana tell me that is skill ? i dont play the centuruion coz its booring as hell all you do is kick or spam heavy punch and jump amazing combo takes so much skill to do (sarcasm) on top of the fact that 90% of the fight vs centurion is you doging all the **** he spamms oh **** a kick must doge what now he starts a heavy must doge now a punch ? well **** he got me so bye bye half my hp now what will he do next ? well same ****..... as a shinobi if i try to use rage atacks he parry and i go down he jumps bye half hp....i try rage gb he breaks it i go down bye half hp but shure...nerf the ****ing shinobi but the centurion is fine as it is ! at this point in time the game is dead i keept saying this game is dead for 3 months now coz of the stupid decisions ubisoft takes and not listens to the player base.....i for one im done with pvp since season 2 started il play pve vs ai thill prestige 7 with all caracters just for lols since i can do it with my laptop while i watch a movie on my desktop that is what this game is now ! a afk simulator vs ai and custom matches with friends thats it ! coz friends dont play like cheese little kids that spamm the same move over and over again and then they go good fight

You are using the hero who is arguably the best in the game, you have no right to complain about balance. Shinobi is far greater in a 1v1 situation than centurion.

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 01:22 PM
You are using the hero who is arguably the best in the game, you have no right to complain about balance. Shinobi is far greater in a 1v1 situation than centurion.

I was thinking the same thing, a shin main cryring about cent kick is just delicious

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 01:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing, a shin main cryring about cent kick is just delicious

He complains a lot, or he just posts memes. Cent needs a nerf for sure or the way 4s work needs to be changed in a way that he is not nearly as strong in that mode as he is now, but it's laughable when a shin complains about centurions kick when shinobis kick is far superior.

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 01:30 PM
How can you say this ?

He can just take advantage of the defensive meta like any other turtle until he can use his unbalanced punish out of a parry/GB/dodge.

He's BS in 4v4 cause of his CC and unbalanced in 1v1 due to his ridicolous punish.

Rly how can you say he's really weak, do you only play vs bad spamming players ?

Well, this is my experience in 1v1 against Cent. I am sorry it does not equal your experience. I am not stating that he is weak against you, I believe that you have trouble against him in 1v1. All I am stating is that in 1v1 I conceder him weak, as I only have trouble against Orochi, Shugoki, and Kensej in 1v1. Even Shinobi I concider weak in 1v1.
This is just my experience. I hope you will have a better experience soon.

ONYX_x5
06-09-2017, 01:31 PM
It's over. They want us to roll over and die. Trade it in, sell or shelve it. Look at the facts in which the direction this game is going and the fact they can't fix things or just out right will not fix things after 5 months.
Lead game manager of FH your a ****tard that does not deserve the title you occupy. This could have been big and damm sure could have been bigger. Both in money made and fan worship. But you are the death of this game.
If your a pleased player, good luck and all the best.
UBISOFT I hope you go broke, you deserve to. For so many reasons in game and so many other games.

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 01:32 PM
He complains a lot, or he just posts memes. Cent needs a nerf for sure or the way 4s work needs to be changed in a way that he is not nearly as strong in that mode as he is now, but it's laughable when a shin complains about centurions kick when shinobis kick is far superior.

i agree with cent should get a 4v4 nerf but i dont get the complains about 1v1 situations u can dodge and punish everything a cent does

mybe its just easy for me as a raider main to beat a cent

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 01:34 PM

Did you play only recently, when the new toons came out, or did you play before that too? If you played before that, did you have any fun? Because if yes, why would you now have no fun, because they nerf a new toon? Can't you play the old toon you used to have fun with? Or is this just a rage post?
If you had fun before Shinobi, why can't you have fun after?

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Centurion is incredibly easy to punish in 1v1s. Hes pretty trash except against people that simply dont know how to fight Centurion.
4v4, different story. Figure out someway to nerf 4v4 but leave his 1v1 ability untouched or even buffed.

If you feel like Centurion is strong in 1v1. Im sorry you are just flat out wrong.

Danioku
06-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Well, this is my experience in 1v1 against Cent. I am sorry it does not equal your experience. I am not stating that he is weak against you, I believe that you have trouble against him in 1v1. All I am stating is that in 1v1 I conceder him weak, as I only have trouble against Orochi, Shugoki, and Kensej in 1v1. Even Shinobi I concider weak in 1v1.
This is just my experience. I hope you will have a better experience soon.

What hero do you play ?

Danioku
06-09-2017, 01:45 PM
If you feel like Centurion is strong in 1v1. Im sorry you are just flat out wrong.

[FIXED] If you feel like Centurion is not overpowered in 1v1. Im sorry you are just flat out wrong.

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 01:48 PM
[FIXED] If you feel like Centurion is not overpowered in 1v1. Im sorry you are just flat out wrong.

Where do you place him on the tier list? Who do you think are the top 5?

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 01:54 PM
What hero do you play ?

Valk. Always have (even when she was concidered the worst) and always will. Played the others a bit to get used to their move sets. Cent actually until rep 1 since I needed to learn a lot more from him, because he is dangerous... really dangerous. But after playing him till rep 1, now he is a snack if 1v1.
As I said... I have archnemesis, but those are from the old bunch.

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 01:58 PM

No sorry, saying Centurion is strong in 1v1 is like saying Kensei does not need buffs. Its just not true.

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 02:01 PM
No sorry, saying Centurion is strong in 1v1 is like saying Kensei does not need buffs. Its just not true.

While I agree, on a personal level, I wouldn't like Kensej to get a buff (but he does need one)... simply because I hate playing against him... I simply loose against him 90% of the time I fight him. But objectively he does need a small buff.

Edit: To OP... and this is how you differentiate between subjective view (Kensej kills me, please don't buff him) and an objective one (honestly, he does need a small buff).

Dizzy4213
06-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Centurion is extremely strong in 1v1 if and only if, they decide to turtle. One parry from them and goodbye all your stamina as well as half of your HP.

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Centurion is extremely strong in 1v1 if and only if, they decide to turtle. One parry from them and goodbye all your stamina as well as half of your HP.

Thats not a problem with centurion necessarily. That a problem with the Turtle Meta and reward from parrying. His punish game is strong, but its just about the only thing going for him right now. Dodge the kick, cant land a ranged heavy. unblockable takes 3 years, Light attacks arent that fast. Explain to me how a Centurion opens someone up without Turtling?

2 Things going for him right now. Quickest (and weakest) heavies in the game. And a great punissher. Everything else may as well only be used in 4v4s because its either incredibly easy to avoid and punish, or just entirely not viable.

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 02:14 PM
it seems like may more shinobi mains complaining about cent or am i wrong?

Danioku
06-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Valk. Always have (even when she was concidered the worst) and always will. Played the others a bit to get used to their move sets. Cent actually until rep 1 since I needed to learn a lot more from him, because he is dangerous... really dangerous. But after playing him till rep 1, now he is a snack if 1v1.
As I said... I have archnemesis, but those are from the old bunch.

Ok. I still dunno how you find Cent easy.

Everything he does it's easy to dodge/parry ok. But what you do if he just wait for punish you ? You know for sure how easy is to punish Valk and as well how clean have to be your playstyle to land your bashes/tackle for get some guaranteed damage.

You also know her low damage and how fast her stamina goes away.

For kill a Centurion you need like 4 heavys + 1 light.

Guaranteed heavy is like a tackle + sweep. Here you can be punished by tackle dodge and by sweep dodge, so he has to make 2 mistakes and you'll get 1 free heavy for 25 damage.

So 1 heavy = 2 mistakes by Cent

You need 4 heavys = 8 mistakes by Cent

Suppose he's able to only dodge 1 of those 8 that you need. You'll get GBed+heavy+punch/throw+Eagle Talon (for 3/4 of your health total) + you will be OOS

At this point the fight is almost lost.

Dunno if you can see my point, he can do a lot of mistakes and still be able to win the fight at your first mistake cause of his unbalanced punish on parry/GB/dodge

Why should i, as Cent, even risk any of my abilities when i can just wait for use my most overpowered tool that is my punish ?

I'm meeting more and more of this turtle Centurions that dont even try to do anything else but feints and wait me for a parry/dodge.

I mean defense is OP compared with attack, add the most unbalanced punish and the result cant be anything else than an Overpowered Hero

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 02:18 PM

Everything he does it's easy to dodge/parry ok. But what you do if he just wait for punish you ? You know for sure how easy is to punish Valk and as well how clean have to be your playstyle to land your bashes/tackle for get some guaranteed damage.

Guaranteed heavy is like a tackle + sweep. Here you can be punished by tackle dodge and by sweep dodge, so he has to make 2 mistakes and you'll get 1 free heavy for 25 damage.

Suppose he's able to only dodge 1 of those 8 that you need. You'll get GBed+heavy+punch/throw+Eagle Talon (for 3/4 of your health total) + you will be OOS

Dunno if you can see my point, he can do a lot of mistakes and still be able to win the fight at your first mistake cause of his unbalanced punish on parry/GB/dodge

Why should i, as Cent, even risk any of my abilities when i can just wait for use my most overpowered tool that is my punish ?

I'm meeting more and more of this turtle Centurions that dont even try to do anything else but feints and wait me for a parry/dodge.

I mean defense is OP compared with attack, add the most unbalanced punish and the result cant be anything else than an Overpowered Hero

Again, this is a Turtle Meta problem. Not a Centurion problem. Before centurion people wanted parry punishes to be nerfed. You dont think that will also nerf Centurions parry punish?

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 02:21 PM

then turtle as well, u dont have to play his game......i hope the turtle meta gets destroyed and burried in shame

Obdach01
06-09-2017, 02:24 PM

I get where you are coming from mate. I get your point. But I could write the same essay on Orochi, Shugoki or Kensej. It still is subjective, because it is just me and my playstyle. They don't so well with these three toons. Cent, however, no problem for me. I guess you have no trouble with my archnemesis, because I know a lot of people who have no problem against them. And I am not a good player. I am far below avarage. My playstyle just fits countering the Cent. Maybe because I played him until rep 1 BEFORE going to PvP. I don't know.
Just stating that he is not a real problem in 1v1. 4v4 is a comletely different story, because when the Cent has a team, you are dead.

Danioku
06-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Where do you place him on the tier list? Who do you think are the top 5?

To me he's in the same spot as Warden this patch if not sigtly more, so yes, i think his unbalanced punish makes him top 5

My.Insanity
06-09-2017, 02:26 PM
its so funny to see how people try to defend the Cent from getting a overall nerf (not just in 4vs4).. for example:

look at PK? look at Warlord? Those characters takes nerf after nerf and no one give a sh!t???? But if we say something about the OP as F**K Centurio who ALONE ruined a Gamemode then its okay to defend them? Where were you sons of b!tches when Warlord got his Headbutt nerfed... his fullguard nerfed... his throwrange nerfed..? Why is it okay to nerf the Warlord to the ground while such a f**king Bullsh!t Hero like Centurio is in this game? The Devs told in the last (or dunno which) that the Warlord is fine and he should be the standard for all the other Heros and now look at this sh!t...

a Centurio can punish a light attack with 2 HEAVYS !!!! There is NO Hero in this Game who can do this... but hey its OKAY CENTURIO IS FINE !!!!! Im sure the Devs wanna just tell us .. guys... if you wanna break the Turtlemeta and punish people who are OOS go play Centurio.. because he is our new Meta... stop playing all the other Heros and start playing Centurio... the moment Rankedmode comes in this game it will be the moment where you will only fight Centurios.. then people abuse Characters and Skills which gives them an easy win and Centurio is the easiest way to achive a Win.

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 02:28 PM
To me he's in the same spot as Warden this patch if not sigtly more, so yes, i think his unbalanced punish makes him top 5

I think he might be after the new guard switch patch, that's going to be huge for him.

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 02:48 PM
its so funny to see how people try to defend the Cent from getting a overall nerf (not just in 4vs4).. for example:

look at PK? look at Warlord? Those characters takes nerf after nerf and no one give a sh!t???? But if we say something about the OP as F**K Centurio who ALONE ruined a Gamemode then its okay to defend them? Where were you sons of b!tches when Warlord got his Headbutt nerfed... his fullguard nerfed... his throwrange nerfed..? Why is it okay to nerf the Warlord to the ground while such a f**king Bullsh!t Hero like Centurio is in this game? The Devs told in the last (or dunno which) that the Warlord is fine and he should be the standard for all the other Heros and now look at this sh!t...

a Centurio can punish a light attack with 2 HEAVYS !!!! There is NO Hero in this Game who can do this... but hey its OKAY CENTURIO IS FINE !!!!! Im sure the Devs wanna just tell us .. guys... if you wanna break the Turtlemeta and punish people who are OOS go play Centurio.. because he is our new Meta... stop playing all the other Heros and start playing Centurio... the moment Rankedmode comes in this game it will be the moment where you will only fight Centurios.. then people abuse Characters and Skills which gives them an easy win and Centurio is the easiest way to achive a Win.

Jesus, for the 3rd time...Centurion getting 2 heavies off a light parry is not a centurion problem. Its a turtle meta and parry reward problem. People were complaining before centurion of parry strength. Nerf turtle Meta/Parry = Nerf Centurion.

also Warlord was fine except for the GB distance that has now been changed. thats very welcomed and has been complained about multiple times. It only took 1000 people and 6 nerfs later for people to be content with PK. And no one is defending 4v4 Centurion which infact is very different than a 1v1 centurion. 4v4 Centurion is OP as hell. 1v1 Centurion is going to get nerfed into the ground if they nerf his punisher. Might as well be Kensei at that point.

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-09-2017, 04:11 PM
forget about 1v1, its a red herring, a fringe activity at best for most players, the 4v4 modes is where this game is at for the majority of players, and the introduction of the Centurion has completely destroyed it by completely destroying the balance by rendering all of the balancing mechanics meaningless, this guy is Superman in 4v4 and EVERYBODY knows it, to argue otherwise is to indulge in the kind of intellectual dishonesty that would shame a Politician on the campaign trail,

Ubisoft have scored an own goal of epic proportions here, now the argument against the much needed timely nerf seems to be that they want to take their time so as not to unfairly handicap the Centurion, a risky strategy in my opinion because if fails to reflect and acknowledge that the introduction of the Centurion has unfairly handicapped everyone else,

they need to ask themselves is it worth risking breaking one character or is it better to do nothing and risk breaking the game irrevocably? you can see from the forums the non-Centurion section of the community have been crying out for something to be done, of course the Cent mains will counter argue with their Git Gud mantra as the PK mains before them used to as they are completely dominating the game, however people will only continue to complain for so long, eventually they will just stop playing, for a game to be fun and fair instead of infuriatingly frustrating it needs to offer a fairly level playing field, perfect balance is not something that one can realistically expect but giving one character the ability to completely negate all the rules that bind everyone else has introduced a Cancer into the game, if left untreated it will be terminal, make no mistake about it, as a stop gap if Ubisoft feel they still need more time to assess the Centurions impact then they should at least make revenge mode impermeable to Centurions spamming their un-blockable knockdowns and stamina drains. to simply do nothing is folly.

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 04:21 PM
forget about 1v1, its a red herring, a fringe activity at best for most players, the 4v4 modes is where this game is at for the majority of players, and the introduction of the Centurion has completely destroyed it by completely destroying the balance by rendering all of the balancing mechanics meaningless, this guy is Superman in 4v4 and EVERYBODY knows it, to argue otherwise is to indulge in the kind of intellectual dishonesty that would shame a Politician on the campaign trail,

Ubisoft have scored an own goal of epic proportions here, now the argument against the much needed timely nerf seems to be that they want to take their time so as not to unfairly handicap the Centurion, a risky strategy in my opinion because if fails to reflect and acknowledge that the introduction of the Centurion has unfairly handicapped everyone else,

they need to ask themselves is it worth risking breaking one character or is it better to do nothing and risk breaking the game irrevocably? you can see from the forums the non-Centurion section of the community have been crying out for something to be done, of course the Cent mains will counter argue with their Git Gud mantra as the PK mains before them used to as they are completely dominating the game, however people will only continue to complain for so long, eventually they will just stop playing, for a game to be fun and fair instead of infuriatingly frustrating it needs to offer a fairly level playing field, perfect balance is not something that one can realistically expect but giving one character the ability to completely negate all the rules that bind everyone else has introduced a Cancer into the game, if left untreated it will be terminal, make no mistake about it, as a stop gap if Ubisoft feel they still need more time to assess the Centurions impact then they should at least make revenge mode impermeable to Centurions spamming their un-blockable knockdowns and stamina drains. to simply do nothing is folly.

While I agree with you, PKs did and still do have a point. The stats didnt even match up with their "OPness". She was supposdley a terror on console yet PC PK's had a better win %. People didnt like the LA and ZA spam. Well they nerfed everything else and then both of those to the point where once again only ZA and LA are viable options just worse. She needed a rework more than a nerf.

I think very few people are saying Centurion is not OP in 4v4. For the most part that is unanimous except in Ubisoft's head apparently. And people still love 1v1/2v2. Its the most skill and competitive based. 4v4s would be just as competitive if they matched you up vs other pre-mades. But vs randoms or you solo vs a pre-made is zero competition or fun.

Y_Shrewditch
06-09-2017, 05:24 PM
...Centurion getting 2 heavies off a light parry is not a centurion problem. Its a turtle meta and parry reward problem. People were complaining before centurion of parry strength. Nerf turtle Meta/Parry = Nerf Centurion.

The defensive meta should be equal for all classes, but if one character gets a substantial advantage over most or all the other characters, it's unbalancing. The amount of 'substantial' is what will define whether or not it's actually OP.

In 1v1, if you make a mistake and the Centurion capitalizes on it, he'll get you down to about a quarter (or less) health and no stamina.
If the Centurion makes a mistake, you'll get a heavy in, maybe added with a light, that's it.

Even Shinobi's had to work for that kind of damage, while the Centurion has an almost 1-combo/kill kit, and enough stamina left to do it again. So I'd say the advantage is pretty substantial here.

With the Shinobi, most people agreed that his OPness came from the incredible safety of his kicks in relation to his other attacks. For the Cent it's all these little things that add up to the most unbalancing character in the game. It's like the devs put all the things that needed serious nerfing on all the other classes into the Centurion, and then act all surprised when he is breaking the game.

And despite the rest of the adjustments they made seem like good ideas, it was very unsettling to see Roman blatantly state that he thinks the Centurion 'is just fine'. It was almost insulting to all the people here detailing how Centurion is absolutely not 'just fine', and makes their riff on 'listening to the community' rather incredulous.

The problem with Cent is his whole kit, and luckily Roman seemed to imply as much in the stream. It's the little things that add up to him being OP in 4v4, and at least very strong in 1v1 (with equally skilled players).

- the easy stuns making the next moves that much harder to react to
- the delay on heavies, with a very small parry window, making parries that much harder
- the softfeints into gb, making dodges very risky
- the ridiculous tracking of the jumps and charged attacks
- hyperarmor
- the extreme damage of a punish
- the extreme punish while CCing
- the speed of his heavies

I'm sort of okay with them taking the time to sort out the problem, but that requires they acknowledge there is a problem in the first place and identify it properly. And I'm sorry to say that this last dev-stream did not exactly fill me with hope they are doing that.

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 05:48 PM
No he's not equally strong in 1v1. Im sorry. You're saying Centurion gets that punishment off parry. Any equally skilled opponent will either know this and prevent being parried/GB or they're both then not good and a good parry is unlikely and full punish is even less likely.

He has 2 things going for him. The fastest (and weakest) heavies along with an incredible punisher. Everything else you mentioned is completely irrelevant such as Hyper Armor? lol who would use that Jump and stab that gives him hyper armor... or soft feints into GB? You're feinting heavies. An experienced player wont be dodging the heavy. Theyll block the heavy, dodge the punch and punish. Tracking? It looks rediculous on Centurion, but it effects every single hero in the game. The easy stuns? What easy stuns? You mean the easily avoided kicks and punches?

Im not arguing that Centurion is not strong in 4v4, or that his punisher off a parry/wall is to strong. But hes fine in 1v1, and a Defensive Meta/Parry nerf will most likely address his full punish. Without that heavy punish right now, he's trash against a knowledgeable opponent

NOT_PeaceKeeper
06-09-2017, 06:04 PM
I really dont understand how in the hell he didnt recieve a nerf especially since on the forums one of the ubi said both Shin and Cent would get a nerf. Taking too long to fix the problems

Danioku
06-09-2017, 06:13 PM
The defensive meta should be equal for all classes, but if one character gets a substantial advantage over most or all the other characters, it's unbalancing. The amount of 'substantial' is what will define whether or not it's actually OP.

In 1v1, if you make a mistake and the Centurion capitalizes on it, he'll get you down to about a quarter (or less) health and no stamina.
If the Centurion makes a mistake, you'll get a heavy in, maybe added with a light, that's it.

And despite the rest of the adjustments they made seem like good ideas, it was very unsettling to see Roman blatantly state that he thinks the Centurion 'is just fine'. It was almost insulting to all the people here detailing how Centurion is absolutely not 'just fine', and makes their riff on 'listening to the community' rather incredulous.

This

Illyrian_King
06-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Funny how they only left him out of a nerf, while he deserved it most!

Guess that's called irony ^^

Y_Shrewditch
06-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Im not arguing that Centurion is not strong in 4v4, or that his punisher off a parry/wall is to strong. But hes fine in 1v1, and a Defensive Meta/Parry nerf will most likely address his full punish. Without that heavy punish right now, he's trash against a knowledgeable opponent

You're missing my point completely by picking apart the kitlist seperately. It's the combination of all them combined that makes him much stronger than the other characters.

I don't want him nerfed to the ground (well, unless I feel particularly salty), but nit-picking on elements of a packaged deal doesn't prove your point at all. In fact, it only proves mine.

FredEx919
06-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Hey everyone,

We haven't forgot about Centurion, we're looking at balance across the whole cast and sometimes changes made will take a bit longer. We want to avoid rushing to nerf / buff, and in some cases the changes just take longer to implement in a way that we feel fits. As always, we'll do our best to keep you informed on upcoming changes. The feedback regarding Cent has been very useful.

Duuklah
06-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Hey everyone,

We haven't forgot about Centurion, we're looking at balance across the whole cast and sometimes changes made will take a bit longer. We want to avoid rushing to nerf / buff, and in some cases the changes just take longer to implement in a way that we feel fits. As always, we'll do our best to keep you informed on upcoming changes. The feedback regarding Cent has been very useful.

You are taking way too long to fix what YOU broke.. YOU broke the tender balance(laughable really) you had nurtured with the recent balance patches pre S2.

Disable the Centurion in 4v4 til its fixed or watch FH bleed out.

Duuklah
06-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Jesus, for the 3rd time...Centurion getting 2 heavies off a light parry is not a centurion problem. Its a turtle meta and parry reward problem. People were complaining before centurion of parry strength. Nerf turtle Meta/Parry = Nerf Centurion.

also Warlord was fine except for the GB distance that has now been changed. thats very welcomed and has been complained about multiple times. It only took 1000 people and 6 nerfs later for people to be content with PK. And no one is defending 4v4 Centurion which infact is very different than a 1v1 centurion. 4v4 Centurion is OP as hell. 1v1 Centurion is going to get nerfed into the ground if they nerf his punisher. Might as well be Kensei at that point.

Dude when you wake up in the morning do you fight your pants when you are trying to put them on and convince yourself that they are shorts?

In one line you say that Centurions getting 2 heavies off of one parry isnt a centurion issue its a turtle meta issue. Turtle is the meta. The Centurion punishes harder than any other hero. Its directly a Centurion issue.

You really sound stupid trying so hard to draw fine imaginary lines in the sand.

Danioku
06-09-2017, 07:40 PM
trying so hard to draw fine imaginary lines in the sand.

when i read this i got wet

Blasto95
06-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Hey everyone,

Hey would you look at that!! Sounds like they want to try and shake up the Defensive/Parry Meta! And guess what?!?! Its going to directly nerf Centurion!!
Well, at least we hope...

Sir_rage_quit
06-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Hey everyone,

it will soon be a month that this community tell you to do something ..... how many more ****ing data do you need ? ffs

Duuklah
06-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Hey would you look at that!! Sounds like they want to try and shake up the Defensive/Parry Meta! And guess what?!?! Its going to directly nerf Centurion!!

DOCTOR - Hey Blasto95! We are going to give you cancer. Don't worry, you will only have to deal with it for 5 months while we take our time taking it back.

ENJOY!

Duuklah
06-09-2017, 08:07 PM

DOCTOR - Hey Blasto95! We are going to give you cancer. Don't worry, you will only have to deal with it for 5 months while we take our time taking it back.

ENJOY!

Y_Shrewditch
06-09-2017, 08:07 PM
We want to avoid rushing to nerf / buff, and in some cases the changes just take longer to implement in a way that we feel fits. As always, we'll do our best to keep you informed on upcoming changes.

I get that, I really do, and I appreciate it, as well as your response to this thread. I also realize that the amount of yelling on the boards may not be particularly indicative of what's actually going on in the game.
But... it also could be very indicative as well. After all, it's the only place where concerned players get to voice their opinions and frustrations, and explain some of the reasons why they are staying away from the game or getting more and more frustrated with it, which will lead to them leaving.

What I mean is that you've only taken a few days to address the one-hit-kill bug, and while it introduced some other bugs, it fixed the problem enough so people could get on playing the game. I'm thinking that, at least judging from these boards (for what that's worth), people consider the nature of the Centurion on a level as that one-hit-kill bug, and you guys are taking way too long with even an attempt of a fix.

A bad fix that comes too soon, in this case, may be preferable over a good fix that comes too late. Erring on the side of caution may break the Centurion for a while, but may be what everyone else needs to keep their game enjoyable.

Personally I'd much rather see you get it wrong a couple of times until you get it right, than be frustrated all the time you take to finally decide to give it a go and then see what happens anyway.

Sir_rage_quit
06-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Personally I'd much rather see you get it wrong a couple of times until you get it right, than be frustrated all the time you take to finally decide to give it a go and then see what happens anyway.

Sadly they need the cent to be Op they need to sale steel after all MOney money !

Bushivlad
06-10-2017, 09:47 AM
I Plays from the Alpha test period, and I'm 14 master with Orochi. And I am in a series of difficulties in facing the Centurion even of a very low level. It is obvious that he is the strongest character in the game and the most unbalanced one respects the others. Since the game is populated by the armies of only centurions that seem like gods descending on the ground, I prefer to play against IA. And that hurts me a lot

CoyoteXStarrk
06-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Sadly they need the cent to be Op they need to sale steel after all MOney money !

I get you are mad, but this is just a dense line of reasoning.

Steel is easy AF to get and 15k is a pittance. There is WAY easier ways for them to make money.

Kitsune..
06-10-2017, 11:09 AM
We want to avoid rushing to nerf / buff
I wonder why weren't you trying to avoid rushing to nerf Kensei's superior block, something noone never was complaining about, by half? What a selectivity. It really pisses me off so much, you cannot even imagine.

I guess your team should take a rule for yourselves to play only the sh1t-tier heroes for better understanding of what they need in order to be brought up to viable level and to avoid being biased as much as you are now. Think about it, seriously.

Dizzy4213
06-10-2017, 01:24 PM
I wonder why weren't you trying to avoid rushing to nerf Kensei's superior block, something noone never was complaining about, by half? What a selectivity. It really pisses me off so much, you cannot even imagine.

I guess your team should take a rule for yourselves to play only the sh1t-tier heroes for better understanding of what they need in order to be brought up to viable level and to avoid being biased as much as you are now. Think about it, seriously.

What good would that do? Have you seen these 'Dev Testers' play? They wouldn't know a **** tier hero even if it slapped them in the face.

The whole not wanting to rush buff/nerf is complete BS. Look at the recent Shinboi nerfs. Time and time again they mentioned "slight nerf" yet it's starting to look like Conqueror all over again. Those nerfs are not slight at all. Back when the game released Valkyrie was buffed pretty quickly. Meanwhile, my main LB took 2 months to get a god damn buff. 3 months for Raider. So the whole "we don't want to rush things" argument is a complete lie. I think it's more along the lines of "we can't be bothered." I'm sorry, but it does not take 3 damn months to tweak a few values. E.g. change the light attack damage from 12 to 15.

S0Mi_xD
06-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Ce.nturion is fine :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbR2bII0Ja4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PxS9i4BeQc

Dizzy4213
06-10-2017, 02:44 PM

That's because Centurion has the most stamina out of every hero at 175. Raider's stamina was recently buffed to 130 and everyone else is assumed to be around 120 or less. His attacks, as shown in those videos, also cost very little stamina to use. Never mind the fact that Centurion can also drain a **** ton of stamina from his opponent and almost never run out of stamina himself. Clearly some Dev favouritism going on as to the huge disparity between Centurion and other heroes with regards to his stamina pool and cost.

Lyskir
06-10-2017, 02:55 PM
That's because Centurion has the most stamina out of every hero at 175. Raider's stamina was recently buffed to 130 and everyone else is assumed to be around 120 or less. His attacks, as shown in those videos, also cost very little stamina to use. Never mind the fact that Centurion can also drain a **** ton of stamina from his opponent and almost never run out of stamina himself. Clearly some Dev favouritism going on as to the huge disparity between Centurion and other heroes with regards to his stamina pool and cost.

he has 175 stamina?? wow ok i did not know that

OokiireteHoshii
06-10-2017, 02:59 PM
I thought that scrubs were gone from this game...still *****ing and moaning until the last 1.6k players will leave for good eh? such a success!

Pillow_Hands
06-10-2017, 03:03 PM

lol wow what a disparity in balance. Berserker incredibly relies on feinting to do anything at a high level, because he has no other tools. Meanwhile, the Cent who still hasn't run out of stamina while the Berserker already cycled through twice, has mix ups, CC, unblockables, and a wall splat combo equaling Berserker's knockdown combo(which is only achievable if the Berserker parries the opponent into no stamina, so not something that can be done a lot).

Shizzle117
06-10-2017, 03:05 PM
My Biggest issue with Cent is how much Stam he drains... it feels like if he lands one stab I'm exhausted and he wont let me get my stam back up

S0Mi_xD
06-10-2017, 03:20 PM

Na, i think this information with 175 is wrong.

As far as i know the Cent kick stamina cost was 5 and they buffed it to 20.
And while testing stamina i also tested kicks (but not made a video).
You can use 7 kicks in a row and the stamina after the 6t kick is abit less than 20
Cent should have around 130-135 stamina.

The probleme while feinting is, that cent does NOT consume the stamina cost for a heavy if you feint the attack!!!

That means centurion is the only char that uses no stamina for a heavy attack if he feints it, only the stamina cost for the feint.

Dizzy4213
06-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Na, i think this information with 175 is wrong.

As far as i know the Cent kick stamina cost was 5 and they buffed it to 20.
And while testing stamina i also tested kicks (but not made a video).
You can use 7 kicks in a row and the stamina after the 6t kick is abit less than 20
Cent should have around 130-135 stamina.

It's not wrong. The kick cost was increased to 25 from 12. With no gear equipped, I was able to kick 7 times before exhaustion. That means Centurion has a stamina pool of 175.

S0Mi_xD
06-10-2017, 03:26 PM
My Biggest issue with Cent is how much Stam he drains... it feels like if he lands one stab I'm exhausted and he wont let me get my stam back up

Yeah, that is a big problem aswell, Cent is a Hero who is build around his punch combos, they are pretty fast and combo into his stab and walls, also he drains more stamina then every other hero with such attack ( i do not count shugoki because this is a different case)

S0Mi_xD
06-10-2017, 03:31 PM
It's not wrong. The kick cost was increased to 25 from 12. With no gear equipped, I was able to kick 7 times before exhaustion. That means Centurion has a stamina pool of 175.

Ah right, thanks - i wasn't sure about the numbers.

So cents stamina possible maxium is 175, but it isn't 175, because after the kick number 6, cents left stamina is less (on the bar) than a kick consums -> that means cents stamina pool should be around 160-165 stamina

But yeah it is still to much.

Dizzy4213
06-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Ah right, thanks - i wasn't sure about the numbers.

So cents stamina possible maxium is 175, but it isn't 175, because after the kick number 6, cents left stamina is less (on the bar) than a kick consums -> that means cents stamina pool should be around 160-165 stamina

But yeah it is still to much.

If that was the case, then it shouldn't be possible to use the kick as you don't have the required amount of stamina. Either way, 175 is the best assumption we can make. Unless Ubisoft decides to release the exact values for each hero's stamina pool, we'll never know for certain what the exact value is unfortunately.

S0Mi_xD
06-10-2017, 03:37 PM
If that was the case, then it shouldn't be possible to use the kick as you don't have the required amount of stamina. Either way, 175 is the best assumption we can make. Unless Ubisoft decides to release the exact values for each heroes stamina pool we'll never know for certain what the exact value is.

You can use anything with 1 stamina :D with any char

In the case like you state it, you would never run out of stamina due to an action, except you have the exact amount of stamina the action takes ^^

Kitsune..
06-10-2017, 03:40 PM
What good would that do? Have you seen these 'Dev Testers' play? They wouldn't know a **** tier hero even if it slapped them in the face.

The whole not wanting to rush buff/nerf is complete BS. Look at the recent Shinboi nerfs. Time and time again they mentioned "slight nerf" yet it's starting to look like Conqueror all over again. Those nerfs are not slight at all. Back when the game released Valkyrie was buffed pretty quickly. Meanwhile, my main LB took 2 months to get a god damn buff. 3 months for Raider. So the whole "we don't want to rush things" argument is a complete lie. I think it's more along the lines of "we can't be bothered." I'm sorry, but it does not take 3 damn months to tweak a few values. E.g. change the light attack damage from 12 to 15.
I have yet to see them to parry! :D

While I can somewhat understand their unwillingness to rush changes, the thing is that I personally move to the point, where I usually say "fck it" in a much more fast pace, then they are moving tovards some kind of a balance.

Dizzy4213
06-10-2017, 03:45 PM
You can use anything with 1 stamina :D with any char

In the case like you state it, you would never run out of stamina due to an action, except you have the exact amount of stamina the action takes ^^

Well if it was like I state, then by all rights you should be exhausted if you're stamina was to hit 0. Like when you're HP hits 0 in another game, you enter a 'Bleeding State'. Though as you've explained, it seems like you actually need to drop below zero and go negative for it to trigger the Exhaustion State. In any case, us players will never get to know the specifics of how it all works so this is the best guess we can make.

I really wished they would have released the details of everything from the start, instead of us having to test everything to find out ourselves.

SoggyTaco6
06-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Uh...
fight them in the open + no infinite combo bug = dead roman

Antonioj26
06-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Uh...
fight them in the open + no infinite combo bug = dead roman

Two light parries and you're dead.

S0Mi_xD
06-10-2017, 03:57 PM
I have yet to see them to parry! :D

While I can somewhat understand their unwillingness to rush changes, the thing is that I personally move to the point, where I usually say "fck it" in a much more fast pace, then they are moving tovards some kind of a balance.

Sometimes i have the same feeling about it :D

As an example the berserker deflect bug here.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1685393-It-s-happening-again-Deflect-Bug

Or soft feint of lights, and heavies - it is still in the game :D

S0Mi_xD
06-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Well if it was like I state, then by all rights you should be exhausted if you're stamina was to hit 0. Like when you're HP hits 0 in another game, you enter a 'Bleeding State'. Though as you've explained, it seems like you actually need to drop below zero and go negative for it to trigger the Exhaustion State. In any case, us players will never get to know the specifics of how it all works so this is the best guess we can make.

I really wished they would have released the details of everything from the start, instead of us having to test everything to find out ourselves.

Yup, i agree on this with you, player should now important stats like stamina, stamina comsumption etc.

EDG_Avocado
06-10-2017, 04:15 PM
taking way too long. This is why the game is losing players ubisoft.

CrunaCross
06-10-2017, 09:46 PM
So... I'm guessing they just couldn't find the time to do it. Atleast that's some sort of ecxplanation compared to what I heard Roman mumbling on the stream. He basically tried to say that he knows that Cent is a huge problem in 4v4 and it has serious balance issues, but it's his kind and it's soooo cool! Something like that.

Devs... I understand that you are hard working people like most of us. But please see it from our perspective, okay? When there are problems we just have to bear with it since you guys don't release patches every few days. That means that any problem that will not be fixed in the upcoming patch will STAY AROUND for quite a long time. Got that? Your fixes are coming slowly. I don't know. You don't test anything there? You have to test your broken game mechanics that almost look like an exploit on our back?

I know that you like to keep around a very noob friendly character in the game. But this is not how you do it.

JibletHunter
06-10-2017, 10:21 PM
So... I'm guessing they just couldn't find the time to do it. Atleast that's some sort of ecxplanation compared to what I heard Roman mumbling on the stream. He basically tried to say that he knows that Cent is a huge problem in 4v4 and it has serious balance issues, but it's his kind and it's soooo cool! Something like that.

Devs... I understand that you are hard working people like most of us. But please see it from our perspective, okay? When there are problems we just have to bear with it since you guys don't release patches every few days. That means that any problem that will not be fixed in the upcoming patch will STAY AROUND for quite a long time. Got that? Your fixes are coming slowly. I don't know. You don't test anything there? You have to test your broken game mechanics that almost look like an exploit on our back?

I know that you like to keep around a very noob-friendly character in the game. But this is not how you do it.

Noob friendly as well as noob adverse. At high level, a cent will almost always turtle to win (or have a long stare). At low levels, players generally are inexperienced to counter his UB's and become similarly frustrating. Hes difficult across a range of skill levels, despite what man cliam. Additionally, 4's is now unplayable.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
06-10-2017, 10:36 PM
Cant believe its almost been a month and the most broken character hasnt been touched. Not even the change to prevent getting stun locked by multiple cents

Pillow_Hands
06-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Cant believe its almost been a month and the most broken character hasnt been touched. Not even the change to prevent getting stun locked by multiple cents

Because he's Roman's pet. Either get used to it, or play Centurion yourself.

The_B0G_
06-10-2017, 10:46 PM
They didn't want to nerf him because they want to see how many of the players from the mode with the biggest population they can drive away from the game first.

UbiNoty
06-10-2017, 10:52 PM

Season 2 was only released last month on the 16th and non-season pass holders have had even less time with the new heroes.

We've already stated that we don't want to be hasty with rushing into balancing, and that we want to have at least 2-3 weeks of feedback and data before we look to make changes. We also have said that yes, we know that the centurion is a problem in 4v4s but that in 1v1s he's not so bad - so we'll need to find a good solution to balance him for 4v4s without breaking him in 1v1s, and we need some time to do that.

We're actively working to address the issue, and changes are incoming.

The_B0G_
06-10-2017, 10:54 PM
He makes one parry in 1v1 and there goes half or more of your health. His stamina needs a big nerf.

UbiNoty
06-10-2017, 11:21 PM
He makes one parry in 1v1 and there goes half or more of your health. His stamina needs a big nerf.

I'm sure the team is already taking a look at that, but I'll pass along your feedback.