PDA

View Full Version : So how come everyone can GB the Lawbringer midswing?

Vrbas1
06-09-2017, 05:10 AM
Title.

I block, dodge, ****... do whatever, and when I throw out a heavy I can be guard broken WAY late during my animation. Maybe it's because my heavies take a second or two to wind up, regardless it's highly irritating as it does not appear other classes suffer this same misfortune and it does not seem right that the middle of my attack can be interrupted by a grab. Can someone shed some light on this?

The_B0G_
06-09-2017, 05:33 AM
Title.

I block, dodge, ****... do whatever, and when I throw out a heavy I can be guard broken WAY late during my animation. Maybe it's because my heavies take a second or two to wind up, regardless it's highly irritating as it does not appear other classes suffer this same misfortune and it does not seem right that the middle of my attack can be interrupted by a grab. Can someone shed some light on this?

I usually start off with a top light after a dodge, then go for a side heavy or feint.

Vrbas1
06-09-2017, 03:56 PM
So no one really can explain this then? I'd venture to guess I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 04:06 PM
same with raider

Morathras
06-09-2017, 10:14 PM
i can confirm this happens a lot with my LB!
lately even during my unblockable.
this bug (?) kills me very often.

UbiJurassic
06-09-2017, 11:41 PM
Heroes can be guardbroken during certain moments of a heavy attack. The timing will vary for a variety of reasons including what hero you're using and what direction you swing from. It's possible the heavy swing you're throwing out simply offers more timing to be guardbroken.

Dizzy4213
06-10-2017, 12:05 AM
it's extremely bad with LB. I can never GB a Warden top heavy in time, I just bounce off. Earlier today I couldn't GB through an out of stamina heavy attack from PK.

Everyone can be Guard Broken on startup, but for LB, he can be Guard Broken much later into his animation. This is especially noticeable on his top heavy attack.

The_B0G_
06-10-2017, 12:09 AM
LB will soon have faster guard stance, be happy.