PDA

View Full Version : shinobi kick nerf

TestO...
06-08-2017, 10:58 PM
i totally agree it needs a change, basically watched rodey bros video and i agree with most of it, its spammable and annoying but they mentioned smth about no gb after double dash move? so basically now i need to spam lights to win?
also didnt hear anything about centurion nerf.. i suppose everything is ok with centurion, maybe i could make him my main..

Darkeater.Midir
06-08-2017, 11:00 PM
The window for you to punish the kick is longer so it should be easier to beat.

Lyskir
06-08-2017, 11:06 PM
the problem with cents kick is that its easy dodgable and punishable in 1v1 but in 4v4 its cancer, really difficult to balance

at least they can increase the stamina cost like shinobis kick now

MasterChiefPON
06-08-2017, 11:25 PM
i totally agree it needs a change, basically watched rodey bros video and i agree with most of it, its spammable and annoying but they mentioned smth about no gb after double dash move? so basically now i need to spam lights to win?
also didnt hear anything about centurion nerf.. i suppose everything is ok with centurion, maybe i could make him my main..

No, some people is understanding that thing of the gb after double dash wrong. What Roman said in the stream is that you no longer can connect gb inmediately after the double dodge, it was possible to do the dodges and gb inmediately after it, now you'll have to wait until the dodges are done and recover in order to gb, the recovery is still short but you can't gb as fast now, you'll have to wait a little longer after the dodges to gb.

Gray360UK
06-08-2017, 11:28 PM
No, some people is understanding that thing of the gb after double dash wrong. What Roman said in the stream is that you no longer can connect gb inmediately after the double dodge, it was possible to do the dodges and gb inmediately after it, now you'll have to wait until the dodges are done and recover in order to gb, the recovery is still short but you can't gb as fast now, you'll have to wait a little longer after the dodges to gb.

Exactly this. Roman said you will now have to let the double dodge complete before you can attempt a GB, I assume before you could smoothly transition from one to the other.

TestO...
06-08-2017, 11:56 PM
anyway they need to do smth about cent kick and jab.. basically every dominion match i can see centurion kamikaze trowing a punch or a kick and the rest of the crew just beats me up on the ground

MasterChiefPON
06-09-2017, 12:47 AM
anyway they need to do smth about cent kick and jab.. basically every dominion match i can see centurion kamikaze trowing a punch or a kick and the rest of the crew just beats me up on the ground

They are not direct nerfing Centurion because he's not that strong in 1v1, in 4v4 he's too good so they said they're trying to balance Centurion for 4v4 instead of nerfing all his moves.

UbiNoty
06-09-2017, 01:10 AM
They are not direct nerfing Centurion because he's not that strong in 1v1, in 4v4 he's too good so they said they're trying to balance Centurion for 4v4 instead of nerfing all his moves.

Give this man a cookie.

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 01:22 AM

this

Antonioj26
06-09-2017, 03:31 AM
Or play non vortex characters and have some level of skill to win. You may as well go play double dragon and get on a 2 button dpad game. These characters are trash and need to be nerfed into the ground then rebuilt

Character* There is only one character with a vortex. Unblockable doesn't mean vortex.

TestO...
06-09-2017, 07:24 AM
Or play non vortex characters and have some level of skill to win. You may as well go play double dragon and get on a 2 button dpad game. These characters are trash and need to be nerfed into the ground then rebuilt
im guessing you are one of that skilled turtles..

Mia.Nora
06-09-2017, 07:54 AM
im guessing you are one of that skilled turtles..

I understand the hate towards turtles, but in some cases like conqueror there is no other option other than turtling, as in literally everything you do is a death sentence. The one thing comes as close to safe is Bash > Light for 12 damage, and it is dodgeable for a free GB or dash>light for sidesteppers.

Even at *very high* the only thing you can do is to fake a heavy to lure enemy into dodge attack or parry, then FullStance > Bash. IF successful you get a confirmed light for 12 damage (huraaay) at the stamina cost of a Heavy+Stance+Bash+Light

It is that sad currently, that's why the most needed nerf was delivered to Conq heal on block.... Wow even joking about is sad.

What I am getting at is, when you have absolutely no meaningful attacks that aren't parried by pretty much everyone at mid-tier play, you are forced to play reactive meaning turtling. Problem is that vs Shinobi it doesn't work. He kicks, you side dodge into bash.

If you timed it perfectly you get a free light as punish: 12 damage
If you timed slightly off so that you successfully dodged, but bash went into his superarmor; you get nothing and he may parry it.
If you timed it off and did it early, his kick overrides your bash and gets his free heavy, so you end up worse than the situation where you did nothing because now you wasted stamina on a bash as well, which along with kick stam drain now put you at low stamina.

Trading heavy vs his kick is myth, you have to start heavy before he starts kick so it is pure luck, since he doesn't need to go into kick at all, he can just GB or Light spam or even tech>dodge into 3rd dodge.

Long story short, just pick conq get a friend to pick shinobi and see what you can do. Then you will understand how broken it is vs certain classes.