PDA

View Full Version : Future of For Honor

Redditmember55
06-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Dear Ubisoft Team, dear For Honor Players

I wanted to make a post with full of questions, ideas, future possibilitys about For Honor. We can feel and see the shadows above the game, the community and the developers should make a thriving alliance to destroy the gloom, but from each side, we must do something, not just sitting and throwing salt to every other human. It will be a very long post (but dear devs pls read it all), we will cover several topics. I think, this game is unique, and for thousand of gamers it was a childhood dream becoming reality, not a yearly conventional shooting game, but an uncommon swordfighting experience (yes, we all know it has problems.) If there will be mistypes, not so elegant or propper language, maybe some already spoken topics forgive me. Letís dive into the themes (first of all, about the global subjects and than some personal reflections.)

At the current state of the game, how should we count with For Honor in the long terms?Will it be just a one year long fighting game, or maybe you have plans for Season 5, 6 with more maps and characters?

Do you want to raise the max gear level and introduce platinum gear elements in Season 3? (If the answer is yes, we should spare steel, to develop our armor and weapons.)

In the future could you make from the whole For Honor concept, world, game (professional fighting mechanics, realistic elements, feats, heroes) a bigger and larger dream becoming reality? What do I mean? In the forthcoming years I imagine a game totally like For Honor, (maybe you could use the same characters, factions and add new ones.) But the entire game in a gigantical level, it would provide large close quarter combats with 40 players against 40, with dedicated servers like Battlefield or Star Wars Battlefront for instance. This would be a real medieval battle. Different type of gamemodes like Domion (grows larger), Skirmish (the same), Total Destruction (40 vs. 40 in a line and running to crush the whole other team), some free-for-all massacre, a siege game mode (similar in the For Honor knight campaign.) They are hundreds of options. You could team up with other gaming companies to make this game. If this idea would become the reality with professional game making, dedicated servers, hundreds of tests and game designers, developers, perfect look and sound, the entire project could be the game of the decade, not just the game of the year. This would mean if itís truly a phenomenal and perfect sword fighting game, millions of gamers would play it, because this would be a bigger childhood dream in our screens. It would grant a huge profit for the gaming company and an ethereal cool game for the gamers. Maybe some esport potential in the future, if it goes well.

Something similar, I see potential in the For Honor concept, fighting style mixing it with an entire other universe like Warhammer. It could be awesome for the fantasy fans and a large fan base is already provided for this future game. (Just imagine you could fight like in For Honor with Gotrek Gurnisson, Felix Jaeger and other Warhammer heros.)

Back to the present of For Honor, if (it is a big IF) the connection would be perfect in the game, could you make for us maybe 8 vs. 8 game modes in the forthcomings?

Could you allow us somehow to play multiplayer (not custome game) matches if we are 8 in a team? I have seen matchquits when the whole enemy team quitted in the first 5 seconds of the match, maybe they wanted to play with their others friend together, but it is really hard to get 8 buddies in the same lobby, even if you start the matchmaking in the same moment, hundreds of teams tried it, with maybe 30-50% effectiveness. Let us play together 8 friends in any gamemodes, but for xp and steel, becuase custom match is good, but when everybody wants to improve new heroes, it is bad.

Could you make for our community the community orders weekly?

Iím interested, if you can take away from the contract orders those hero type restrictions, like you have to do 5 elimination matches with an assassin. It is nice when you have a PK main, but what should the vanguard, heavy, hibryd mains do, if they dont like to play as an assassin? Letís be honest, we need the orders, because the executions, emotes and everything is expensive. But this is a limitation for some players, who like this hero type. I know, it will be boring, if we have the same orders without restrictions due to, it will be less options for orders, but we need those orders for the xp and steel, you could improve them as the daily orders, they are boring, but they are really efficient in getting steel.

Will be some spectator mode added to For Honor? It would be good with an outer view of the battlefield not just from the players view, maybe some zooming in and out, different perspectives.

Do you have plans for white star armor pieces? They could look really brutal, full of spikes, gems, gold skulls or other unique elements.

Can you add more materials for each faction? I have cool ideas, for instance the knights could have a shiny entire white armor (like the Kingsguard in Game of Thrones), deep green armor, blue armor with sapphires, horror style dark red armor with black elements etc. Samurai faction could have elegant holy japanese materials, and for vikings maybe clothes and armors with skulls, golden pieces, somehting similar what they could have raided in the past.

Could you develop for each hero long (5-9 sec duration) and short (1-4 sec duration) executions? Some heroes have only really short ones, other characters dont have a quick one. And also can you somehow make the knew executions more brutal and cool? Maybe some Mortal Kombat style, if its possible, my opinion is, that the new neckbreaker Lawbringer execution is one of the greatest in For Honor, you should go this path.

Will you add new feats for the heroes? I think that Lawbringer needs a feat change, harsh judgment is a really minor feat, you could change it for speed revive. Nobushi has speed revive, even she is more likely a vanguard and assassin than a heavy, every heavy character has speed revive, it would be a good improvent to add Lawbringer speed revive feat.

Conquer should have a distance closer parry combo, something similar what the warlord and the centurion can do, because when you perform a parry and want to do a counter attack you canít always against the long range heros (nobushi, lawbringer, even sometimes valkyre), your after parry guardbreak will hit the air, even your counter heavy is out of range in some situations. To solve this, conquer should have this distance closer parry combo. And last thing, conquer needs a brutal looking chest armor piece, it is funny that he is a heavy hero and even a warden has more armor.

That was this long post, dear Ubisoft team, I hope that you will answer somehow these questions (Warriors Den maybe) and start an open discuss with the players about these new ideas, I think that working with the positive minded community, will help to get out the full potental what this game has. For the other fellow players, you can throw more salt, but it wont help the game to develop nor to become a better and more positive person. If you want to help, make the Great For Honor Youtubers involved in these topics, ideas. Enjoy your life and your gaming time.

P.S. This post is not a paid Ubi conspiracy, just questions, ideas from a For Honor fan.

XxHunterHxX
06-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Ubisoft be like...

"need more data"

UbiNoty
06-09-2017, 12:51 AM
I'll try to answer as many questions as I can to the best of my ability.

Long-term: We've said multiple times that we're committed for the long-haul and that we have no plans to be some one-and-done release.
Expanding the world of FH: Definitely a possibility. We'll have more game modes soon, and we've already set a team to work on updating the faction war system. We're always open to new ways to make FH bigger and better.
More community orders: I like the suggestion too and I'll pass it over.
Daily orders: we're looking at revamping some of the current orders.
Spectator mode: no announcements about it yet, but I expect that we'll have something coming along soon after tournament/ranked comes out.
Materials: We have plans for more customization options a bit further down the line - but it is something we want to do
Executions: I can bring up your concerns regarding execution lengths across heroes to the team to discuss
Feats: definitely a possibility - we also want to potentially increase hero kits a bit later into the future as well, so I see no reason why we wouldn't be open to revamped/new feats.
Conq: we'll be re-balancing conq after the defense meta patch.

whew - I couldn't answer everything in full detail - but hopefully I was able to at least satisfy some of your curiosity.

Proctorex
06-09-2017, 09:05 AM
You have some interesting ideas and exciting questions, maybe the Devs could speak about your thoughts in the nex Warriors Den.

Dude_of_Valor
06-09-2017, 09:55 AM

Long-term: We've said multiple times that we're committed for the long-haul and that we have no plans to be some one-and-done release.
Expanding the world of FH: Definitely a possibility. We'll have more game modes soon, and we've already set a team to work on updating the faction war system. We're always open to new ways to make FH bigger and better.
Spectator mode: no announcements about it yet, but I expect that we'll have something coming along soon after tournament/ranked comes out.
Materials: We have plans for more customization options a bit further down the line - but it is something we want to do
Executions: I can bring up your concerns regarding execution lengths across heroes to the team to discuss
Feats: definitely a possibility - we also want to potentially increase hero kits a bit later into the future as well, so I see no reason why we wouldn't be open to revamped/new feats.

whew - I couldn't answer everything in full detail - but hopefully I was able to at least satisfy some of your curiosity.

Having played a lot of Destiny in the past and visiting Bungie forums I must saying hearing a response like this is a breath of fresh air. Even if you repeat yourself, never stop answering and engaging with the community. Players get frustrated because they want to know what's going on and informing them helps alleviate this frustration.

rossato2109
06-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Short answer: It has no future.

bmason1000
06-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Ubisoft be like...

"need more data"
Why do you even hang around the forums? You're easily the most negative person here, just trashing the game, the devs, the publisher and anyone else involved. I'm not trying to be an a**, its just that you're obviously very hateful of this game and the community. Why do you stick around? It feels like you just want people to hate these things as much as you do and I'm wondering what you get out of that. Do you still play the game at all?

Maaci
06-09-2017, 08:29 PM

Yes you did. I just need to ask this question:
Any estimated time for the defensive meta patch?

Redditmember55
06-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Dear UbiNoty,

thanks for your answers. Could you say something about three questions from the original post? They are important too. Will you raise the max gear score in Season 3? Can you somehow allow playing multiplayer matches (not custom) when we are 8 and want to play together? Do you have plans for exclusive white star armor, these armor pieces should look really brutal. And just a plus questions, when can we get legit information from Ubisoft, Dev team about the Season 3 new heroes?

Vingrask
06-10-2017, 12:08 PM

Odin bless you, Noty, this is a top quality post! Filled me with hope!

I want FH be the SF of it's niche! I want five year ahead still play this game!

Read this during my breakfest getting ready to work changed my humor. Thanks, man!

Illyrian_King
06-10-2017, 12:37 PM
What I would really wish for the game is a tasty Siege-Mode, which includes all the beautiful map pieces like the city behind the spawn point of the attackers at the "Temple Garden" - Map, or the rest of the Citadel at "Citadel Gate", etc.

Something bigger and more messier with a whole bunch of minions including archers, sergeants and shieldman!
Maybe also with more interactable stuff like catapults, ballistas and grappling hooks! :cool:

Y_Shrewditch
06-10-2017, 01:55 PM
What I would really wish for the game is a tasty Siege-Mode

Very much agreed. Many of the elements of the story-mode already have this 'siege' feeling to them. The Landing, the Gate Breach and the Catapult/Balista could serve very well as areas to capture and protect as in Dominion.

Gray360UK
06-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Definitely, this was my feedback after the closed Alpha and the Betas. I would love something like this, with more depth, more interaction, on a larger scale ... war, instead of minor skirmishes. Like the guy above me said, there are many parts of the campaign that have this feeling already, especially the Samurai chapter where you hold the small fort as waves of Knights try to defend it. I think it's just a dream at the moment though.

UbiNoty
06-11-2017, 01:44 AM
Dear UbiNoty,

thanks for your answers. Could you say something about three questions from the original post? They are important too. Will you raise the max gear score in Season 3? Can you somehow allow playing multiplayer matches (not custom) when we are 8 and want to play together? Do you have plans for exclusive white star armor, these armor pieces should look really brutal. And just a plus questions, when can we get legit information from Ubisoft, Dev team about the Season 3 new heroes?

I unfortunately either cannot answer at the time or don't have the answers to those 3 questions. It's only the start of season 2 and any season 3 information will be released at a later date closer to release.

As for the non-custom 8-player matches, that would make it a non-matchmaking session so I'm not totally sure how that would work out - I can pass it over however.

UbiNoty
06-11-2017, 01:46 AM
Yes you did. I just need to ask this question:
Any estimated time for the defensive meta patch?

No ETA yet unfortunately. I know we've been teasing it for a while, but a patch with that much impact on gameplay mechanics takes time, and we don't want to rush out a patch that will totally break the game. Hopefully it won't be too long now!

Vingrask
06-11-2017, 04:33 AM
No ETA yet unfortunately. I know we've been teasing it for a while, but a patch with that much impact on gameplay mechanics takes time, and we don't want to rush out a patch that will totally break the game. Hopefully it won't be too long now!

The lack of position about this patch is killing us, Noty. I'm waiting for it since the first month when we noted how unbalanced the defense was. Then a good time after you guys said it was planned, and during a dev stream was said something about a month. Give us something, please! Doesn't need to be a date per se, but a stage, a percent, anything that can make us understand when this child can born!

Yesterday I played as Berserker against a Warlord who did nothing but block, spam unblockables and zones. No feint, no parries, nothing! I lost because if I did not take initiative he just stared at me, for real, and I don't give a **** for win if there is no fun. Next match I got Shinobi to have a chance against his pathetic safe gameplay, where I won the first round and the guy quit!! And I do not spam anything! I really use 100% the hero moves, even risking being hard punished!

Ubi, we really NEED this patch! Give us something to dream about!

ONYX_x5
06-11-2017, 05:38 AM
It's unfortunate but, this game does not seem to have the luxury of time. Somebody really really might want to look at all the signs.

Huge loss of players.
Huge out cry of remaining players.
Huge collection of bad coverage by legitimate gaming media.

Do you know what SNAFU is? Well you guys are straight up it.
You guys said Ubisoft has not abandoned FOR HONOR, lot of signs on that point too.

Redditmember55
06-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Dear Ubinoty

thanks again for your help and answers, we are looking forward to get information about our unanswered questions in the future. Dear fellow For Honor players, let's make a bigger discussion about this topic, post here your ideas from future of For Honor, new gamemodes, everything that could improve this game.

Dhaleks
06-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Hello,

It's been 4 months now : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1594258-Black-screen-after-round-finish-1-03-patch?p=12703207#post12703207

4 months during wich the only modes I can play are Skirmish and Dominion.
Are you guys going to wake up on this? Or you're just letting us rot with half of a game?

Redditmember55
06-14-2017, 10:40 AM
Dear Dhaleks,

I totally agree with you, we need new game modes, that could improve the whole game.

Redditmember55
06-18-2017, 05:20 PM
Dear Rodey Bros,

thanks for your video, I hope that all of my questions, ideas will be somehow sometimes answered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBnQyGbxulg

Redditmember55
07-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Dear FH Players, Dear For Honor Forum Leaders, and especially Dear Ubinoty,

this post is quite old in the forums, could you give us more information about the questions, ideas, topics we have already mentioned, it would please the whole community, and it was a month ago when you have answered some of the questions, maybe you have some news us for Season 3? Because not just Winter is Coming, Season 3 is coming soon

Dear fellow players, could you read the original topic and then make a new discussion about new game modes, ideas which could probably implemented in the game

Thanks for your time and help

GaelonD
07-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Some of your thoughts are uniqe, the game designers should listen to you. I have read your post about the feat revamp, that was a good thread too, but this one is really exciting, could you imagine this new game with 40 vs 40 players, or even 20 vs 20? Maybe they could make in that game a real faction war, with knight heroes on one side, and viking warriors on the other, that would be awesome. 10 raiders charging a bunch of wardens and conquers, why not?Perhaps in the future

Gray360UK
07-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Some of your thoughts are uniqe, the game designers should listen to you. I have read your post about the feat revamp, that was a good thread too, but this one is really exciting, could you imagine this new game with 40 vs 40 players, or even 20 vs 20? Maybe they could make in that game a real faction war, with knight heroes on one side, and viking warriors on the other, that would be awesome. 10 raiders charging a bunch of wardens and conquers, why not?Perhaps in the future

This has been suggested so many times and sadly it doesn't seem likely. You get a bit jaded and cynical when you have been here a long time, but I think fundamentally what we have is what we are always going to have. In a recent Warriors Den livestream, for example, Damien made it clear that the matchmaking can't cope with the extra complexities of matching you with players of your faction against players of another. It's nice to dream, but it seems For Honor is staying small. Rainbow 6 Siege is further evidence of how likely this is in my eyes. That game never really expanded past the handful of 4 vs 4 modes it started out with.

Draghmar
07-11-2017, 12:37 PM
[...]That game never really expanded past the handful of 4 vs 4 modes it started out with.
It's true but also for the simple reason of not having dedicated servers. We already see how much problem P2P is when we on;y have 4v4. Each additional players adds another chance of problems that we're facing each day.

SilkMortal
07-11-2017, 02:36 PM
I see you did not address the connection issue. When you address that issue in game on tournament and in-game then people will feel more comfortable. That sir should be 1 priority for all who play. Dedicated servers. Then add all these nice features. Connectivity!!

Redditmember55
07-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Dear ArkMortality,

I totally agree with you, connectivity is the biggest problem with the game, but because it was already mentioned more than 207 times, I thougt that this was not so needed, but you speak truly, Ubisoft, respond to this thread and if you can make the connectivity better

DrinkinMyStella
07-12-2017, 11:48 AM
I know your working hard but change needs to happen asap because the game will become extinct and people will get impatient, new games are coming out in future months and once people make that switch then there will be no for honour left.

Redditmember55
07-13-2017, 12:27 PM
You are absoulutly true DrinkinMehstella, especially we need first of all to have a stabil connectivity during in game

Achelaos
03-08-2018, 12:55 PM
As an MBA degree and part of For Honor Family member,

I would like to give this suggestion to be noticed with the expected responsibility from Ubisoft.

Make the game free to play for everyone, add more content like heroes, executions, items, ornaments - also tweak a bit the Viking looks because they all look the same and item difference are barely noticed.

With that move you achieve more player to play the game and spend money for the model of extra content but without it to be pay to win.

My personal opinion is that For Honor team will collect more funds this way to support the game.

A more MOBA game mode would be nice and the game still has potential to enter e-sports for good.

Hero suggestions:

HYPASPIST
https://revistadehistoria.es/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Athenian-general-at-5th-century-BC.jpg
https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/ancient-warriors.jpg

MYRMIDON
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c9/d2/5e/c9d25eea4fb2ec17abc4ef1a8e5ca4ee.jpg

MAORI WARRIOR
https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/2014/09/the_dead_lands.jpg

EGYPTIAN WARRIOR
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c6/6e/0b/c66e0b59b83c89f0f79f4cfd13056521.jpg

AZTEC
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a2/35/a3/a235a3b373f9928ed2d65e4dd47ef9db.jpg

BLOOD-E-BARON
03-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Your Aztec warrior definitely looks like a Zulu

BLOOD-E-BARON
03-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Maybe more like this??

https://www.deviantart.com/art/Aztec-Jaguar-196162146

Redkey.
03-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Shugoki already use this weapon. :eek:

Achelaos
03-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Would be also nice to be able to create a team with a member list, create the teams emblem and then be able to participate on ranked games and tournaments.

BLOOD-E-BARON i agree its more like Zulu, but its nice also.

s_Redkey Sugoki has a different wapon buddy - looks similar but it isn't

SpaceJim12
03-16-2018, 03:38 PM
First post in this thread were so full of hope. And I saw myself in words and suggestions of Redditmember55.
In season 2 and 3 me and my mates really looked at For Honor like best game ever. Sure there were some issues, but what game in our days don't?
But now, after S5 start and dedicated servers were realised we see what happend with FH. Game will stay were it is for a while. I believe, we have a year of rework and patching the holes of balance and dedicated servers. And don't forget cheap animations everyweek to provide microtransactions. And if in 2019 game still will exist, I'll be really surprise.
We waited so much content and so much things coming, but after S4 we didn't even gets new armor (I mean not recolor, but real new pieces) and new maps.
I believe authour of this thread already left For Honor. And 70-80% of community will leave during next year.

Robvill88
03-16-2018, 11:05 PM
This game became ****

UbiJurassic
03-17-2018, 01:16 AM
With this post being as old as it it, I'd suggest that anyone that would like to continue their discussions do so in a new thread. We appreciate you all sharing your suggestions!