PDA

View Full Version : Curious about Centurion stamina drain.

Tirik22x
06-08-2017, 05:01 AM
What's the logic behind all of his attacks draining 25%~ of the opponents health? Lil confused.

Tirik22x
06-08-2017, 05:14 AM
Makes sense.

Duuklah
06-08-2017, 05:30 AM
Yeah now their cancer has spread to Duels. Like 8/10 duels are vs centurions.. OMG ITS SOO EASY TO COUNTER THEM... NOT!!!

Bunch of damn cheaters if you ask me.. Using a broken toon to exploit an unfair advantage..

GO LOOK AT MY STATS... IM NOT A BAD PLAYER AND I CANT DEAL WITH CENTURIONS 1v1!!!!

This is a ****ING joke!

Antonioj26
06-08-2017, 06:19 AM
Yeah now their cancer has spread to Duels. Like 8/10 duels are vs centurions.. OMG ITS SOO EASY TO COUNTER THEM... NOT!!!

Bunch of damn cheaters if you ask me.. Using a broken toon to exploit an unfair advantage..

GO LOOK AT MY STATS... IM NOT A BAD PLAYER AND I CANT DEAL WITH CENTURIONS 1v1!!!!

This is a ****ING joke!

https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Duuklah

Well since you asked.... Id say you are pretty bad. No offense but 76% of the population on PC have a better win rate than you.

Edit: I mean that percentage in dueling

Draghmar
06-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Based on his stats I think he told the truth - he is not a bad player. I don't think it's fair to take overall stats because testing new chars lower your overall stats and looking and his Valkyrie it's much better then what you've quoted.

Antonioj26
06-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Based on his stats I think he told the truth - he is not a bad player. I don't think it's fair to take overall stats because testing new chars lower your overall stats and looking and his Valkyrie it's much better then what you've quoted.

True but that number is also including all other modes and his overall winrate is still on the lower end. I switch characters constantly and my winrate stays pretty consistent for the most part so it's not like those skills don't transfer over to some degree.

Epoqx
06-08-2017, 12:17 PM
As said above, you are an average player. Face it.
Good thing is, you can only improve !

Cent is really strong against players from your level tier and less. He needs a good comprehension of the mechanics of the game.

You need to train vs him more, and learn the dodge and parry timings. Once you get this u'll become good, and you will destroy the others of your level. Cent can punish hard, but do to his low hp pool, he can get reallly hardly punished too.

I'll give one tip : change your habits, and adapt to each character and opponent. This is the reason why players stick to their level.
Once you get better, your habits will get better.

Alchemist..
06-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Stam drain is basically only thing to bully enemy and keep but yes its also buged, his normal gb drain stam and i think he shouldn't drain stam on opponent who is already out of stam. When u are oos ist basically no way back... he will keep u exhausted until u die

Epoqx
06-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Stam drain is basically only thing to bully enemy and keep but yes its also buged, his normal gb drain stam and i think he shouldn't drain stam on opponent who is already out of stam. When u are oos ist basically no way back... he will keep u exhausted until u die

Except if u manage to parry one of his unblockable, or dodge one kick. The 2 will remove a lot of stamina from him, and probably get him oos too.

Obdach01
06-08-2017, 01:02 PM

This is a ****ING joke!

I love 1v1 against a Cent. Every single time a win. But I hate Orochi. Most of the 1v1 against Orochi are a loss. That is my experience. I guess both are valid. Two people, two experiences.
Best way to counter Cent? Play him until rep 1. Then you know how to counter him.

ONYX_x5
06-08-2017, 01:55 PM
From day one I also thought any stamina attack, one that causes severe stamina drain ,should cost the attacker 2/3s of the total drain damage he caused on the attack just to perform. Or it causes a, oh let's say a complete drain to the attacker for 1/2 sec but then returned to the 1/3 Mark of his stamina meter. That way he can still attack once and still holds an advantage after successfully completing the attack.
That stun lock down on stamina where it will not allow replenishment of stamina ,that just needs to go. Standing on your feet for 3 seconds and just blinks, then returns to normal. Huge prob in 4v4, that a loss of revenge abilities! To penalizing.

ONYX_x5
06-08-2017, 02:10 PM
And question here. With us having Heavies fighting Assassins. And all the different attacks could control of out put and damaged determination be better factored if we moved up to 1000 value ranges of attack and damage. Would it be better for fine tuning balance? Even with stamina? Again, just wondering.

Blasto95
06-08-2017, 02:13 PM

This is a ****ING joke!

Its not because you're a bad player. Either you are just bad against Centurion or he is still new and takes getting used to. In absolutely no way, as a whole, is he OP in 1v1 right now. He has a strong punish and the fastest (also weakest) heavies in the game. Thats it. Ive already explained in 2 other threads how he's pretty much trash without those 2 things going for him. With them hes a mid tier hero and will possibly drop below that once people are more used to his style of play. And will likely drop after the 4v4 nerf hits his 1v1 ability as well.

Alchemist..
06-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Except if u manage to parry one of his unblockable, or dodge one kick. The 2 will remove a lot of stamina from him, and probably get him oos too.

But cent can exhaust u with 1 parry... parry knne kick and done full stam drain

Blasto95
06-08-2017, 02:21 PM
But cent can exhaust u with 1 parry... parry knne kick and done full stam drain

Just wondering...What is guaranteed after that kick that makes you go OOS? A light attack thats it. You can defend against anything else he throws at you, and any follow up kick to continue stamina drain can be dodged as well. Shinobi has a much better mix up when the opponnent is OOS. Either he goes for the kick and you have to dodge, or comes in with a GB to punish you OOS. Centurion does not really have that 50/50. Just feints into GBs like most heroes try.

Epoqx
06-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Just wondering...What is guaranteed after that kick that makes you go OOS? A light attack thats it. You can defend against anything else he throws at you, and any follow up kick to continue stamina drain can be dodged as well. Shinobi has a much better mix up when the opponnent is OOS. Either he goes for the kick and you have to dodge, or comes in with a GB to punish you OOS. Centurion does not really have that 50/50. Just feints into GBs like most heroes try.

Actually the cent has pretty much the same 50/50 a tide slower.
Kicking the oos opponent will reset a lot of his stam regen, but if he dodges, he will recover way faster. So you can play with the

Front dodge > Kick
Or
Front dodge > GB

Can be called feinting the kick, and it really works well.

Blasto95
06-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Kicking the oos opponent will reset a lot of his stam regen, but if he dodges, he will recover way faster. So you can play with the

Front dodge > Kick
Or
Front dodge > GB

If im OOS vs a Centurion and they start mixing me up like that. Ill eat the Kick + light every single time then. I dont see to many good centurions and dont see that at least to often. But ill eat a light over a GB + Punish any day. If he GBs you anyway youll take stamina damage from lions roar so the kick stam damage is a non-factor in that. But like you said, that seems pretty react-able to. Might get me the first time but i would be expecting it after that.

Antonioj26
06-08-2017, 03:58 PM

Front dodge > Kick
Or
Front dodge > GB

It's 600ms, that's more than reactable. That's not a 50/50

Dizzy4213
06-08-2017, 04:30 PM
There is no logic in his insane stamina drain. To make matter worse, Centurion has the most stamina out of every other hero.

Centurion has at least 175 stamina

Other heroes are assumed to have 120 stamina

Raider's stamina was recently buffed to 130

Blasto95
06-08-2017, 04:36 PM
There is no logic in his insane stamina drain. To make matter worse, Centurion has the most stamina out of every other hero.

Centurion has at least 175 stamina

Other heroes are assumed to have 120 stamina

Raider's stamina was recently buffed to 130

I highly doubt this. Be easy to test. Centurion's kick costs 25 stamina. If he has 175 stamina then he can pull off 7 kicks in a row. Ive also never seen a list of how much Stamina each hero has and how much each move costs.

AzureSky.
06-08-2017, 04:39 PM
What's the logic behind all of his attacks draining 25%~ of the opponents health? Lil confused.

Well, with mah raider i can drain all of the stamina with just a grab, and people keep complaining about centurion LMAO. (to be honest keep complaining about centurion :), that way raider will not be touched)

Dizzy4213
06-08-2017, 04:42 PM
I highly doubt this. Be easy to test. Centurion's kick costs 25 stamina. If he has 175 stamina then he can pull off 7 kicks in a row. Ive also never seen a list of how much Stamina each hero has and how much each move costs.

Yes and that's exactly what I did. Thanks to the maintenance update on console we know that kick cost 25 stamina. With no gear equipped, I was able to kick 7 times before exhaustion.

Alchemist..
06-08-2017, 04:49 PM
After light i cand go to quick throw or light>light>heavy soft feinted into gb, or light>light>heavy>jab/gb

I can kick > heavy into gb or just heavy + jab + light + quick throw, i can also go for gb instead of jab in this combo if u just want to dodge out early, same with light in first example.

I can also keep baiting u with kick, i can activate kick in mid dodge and make u guesing after dodge forward, to go for gb or kick.

Biggest threat is even u dodge the kick i can still go to heavy combos and mix them with jab or gb feint or just try catch u with light + quick throw, same with jabs and u wont be able to do nothing, u can just try to defend yourself.

But ye, untill your reaction is on point u are safe, but it working same for all heroes. Oos its a stressful situation itself and it making u overreacting and at this point cent have really good tools and massive punishment on oos opponents. Look at kensei or shugoki, what they can do to make some pressure on u? I would say nothing, u dont need even dodge to avoid punish.