PDA

View Full Version : Some possible remedies for For Honor.

WarriorAaron123
06-07-2017, 10:25 PM
With the suffering community, I have always had some high hopes and still do. I believe this game has some legendary potential. I believe this game has the potential to be Ubisoft's best game even. But I believe I have a few ideas to at least help smooth over the game and make it more satisfying. However, I totally respect Ubisoft's intentions as to their route but would not want them to possibly blunder without at least offering my insight.

As of recent, a major debate has started due to planning for a second blackout (to those who aren't aware, this is a temporary period with players not playing the game as a sort of protest). I disagree with the idea of this blackout as it has no reasoning like the first, which was addressed to Ubisoft for problems at the time. I believe in the new idea circulating of a whiteout, the opposite of a blackout. This game will not survive if those who still genuinely care about the game do not put minds together and let the more "cancerous" counterparts of the community have domain. Therefore a positive white out would probably turn some opinions in the right direction, with a uncommonly large player base being as positive as possible.

I, personally, have not had many connection issues. True, I do get disconnected sometimes. I also do believe that peer-to-peer servers were a sort of shortcut. I do believe at some point that dedicated servers should be added. Until then, I am patient.

Now on to balancing. This is the first time I have ever got so involved in the development of a fighting game such as this. Overall, I think Ubisoft should have refined the game a bit more. However, it does seem they are rectifying the problem, at least attempting to, whether they truly care or not. What I am fearful for is that it may be too late.

Warden - They have had a lot of problems, from virtually nonpunishable shoulder bashing to an instant-kill drop attack glitch, which all have been solved as of so far. I believe this character has achieved as perfect of a balance as they may get. The only problem they seem to have is the almost guaranteed area attack, although it may be needed as a finisher, I just believe it shouldn't kill someone at the max regenerated health like currently.

Conqueror - The initial complaint for them are shield bashing spam which is the only moderate offensive for what is supposed to be a defensive character (of which to me seems very effective to keep distance and use charged heavies). The main fix I believe Conqueror may need is a slightly less shield heal.

Peacekeeper - She has always been a problem from release. Thankfully, the community and Ubisoft alike have dealt harshly with her abuse. Majoring in light attack spam, the only thing she needs fixed is here "zone flick" spam that was supposed to be stopped beforehand.

Lawbringer - He has been a pretty fair character, somewhat believed to be under-powered on release. The only balance I believe he may need is a more punishable shove, whether making it drain stamina or more easily dodged.

Centurion - Centurion is a fearsome character. What is especially feared is his ability to punish in a group situation, especially with multiple of his kind. I believe the major cure for this, though, would be to adjust his punch. I believe he should not have a guaranteed knockdown with a charged heavy pin, and it should either drain more stamina or even slightly damage himself as he is hitting some pretty heavy armor, even with a caestus. It also shouldn't have such good tracking as I think a dodge back should cause a miss.
His area attack is also probably too efficient. If determined needed, I think it should do less damage.

Raider - They are a pretty overall balanced character, even from release. The main problem with a raider was the possibility of an unblockable area spam. However, this now drains stamina severely.

Warlord - Warlord is a very good defensive character like conqueror. My major concern for him is his very effective edging, as he easily can toss you off a cliff in any direction. I believe a way to balance that is the ability to break off his grab at some point in the middle of it as well as a chance at a counter guard break. I don't think his armored heavy attack is a problem as he would not have an opening attack.

Berserker - I don't see berserkers having too many problems. My major concern and only real concern is the continuous light-heavy or heavy-light combinations. I believe this should either drain more stamina or be limited to so many attacks.

Valkyrie - Honestly, I hate the Valkyrie for one thing and that is her sweep. Like centurion's punch, I think her sweep should be avoided with one dodge back, not two or a dodge roll. And for those who say this would cause her problems, I have been able to defeat opponents without as she as other openers like her shield bash. As a buff, though, I think her shield pin, the dodge-punish, should be more easily achieved. Light attack do not seem to be too much of a problem either as she can get them off fast but they are not nearly as rewarding as they were for peacekeeper.

Kensei - Kensei upon release was a good starter but a very ineffective character for those familiar with them. They did not have many openers, as their combinations were hard to achieve. That has been recently fixed as they can now start off their combination finishers more easily. They now seem more balanced.

Shugoki - Shugoki has been somewhat of a problem as peacekeeper. He used to have a charge that would knock down opponents, granting a guaranteed heavy if used correctly. He also has some other ridiculous abilities such as an unblockable charged heavy and a health-regenerating grab. The knock down has already been fixed. In balancing terms, he needs the unblockable charged heavy as it is practically his only opener. The thing which needs to be balanced is he grab, the Demon's embrace. First, it probably should only do the equivalent damage he does regularly instead of instantly killing his opponent when at low health. Either that should be done or the grab, I believe, should be completely remodeled to were it should not help or harm him.

Orochi - Orochi is a moderately skilled based character. The major problem I believe is their area attack. Unlike warden, if you regenerate your health as far as possible, this still can finish you. I believe this should still exist, only weaker, so this doesn't do more than a bar of health.

Nobushi - Nobushi is probably the most efficient mix-up character outside of the two new DLC characters. She has everything from tricky side strikes to a possibly spammed bleed effect that has about a 33% guess. However, for those familiar with her, she isn't so seemingly overpowered. In fact, her player base is only a very small percent of the total. The best balance for her I believe is to slow her moves down slightly so they are a bit more predictable.

Shinobi - Like centurion's punch, I think the shinobi's imbalance comes from their kick. Instead of making it more easily dodgeable, however, I think the armor should be eliminated. The worry for them is that if this is done, they would have nothing. Contrary to that, I believe them to not punish so easily, as a skilled shinobi player is capable of taking most of any characters health with one combination by using the kick. It should be high-risk high-reward as shinobi is mean't to be a more fragile character. Plus they introduce new elements such as their ranged attack which have already been balanced to be more fair as it isn't nearly as easily punished as before.

These things I think would do greatly for the game. I am sure many would disagree but remember that this is only my opinion from observations I have made while playing with the game and it's elements.

UbiNoty
06-08-2017, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the time and thought you put into this! You've covered a tonnn of stuff here and I'm more than happy to pass it over to the team. But just out of curiosity, if you had to pick your top three critical issues that you think need addressing - which would they be?

WarriorAaron123
06-08-2017, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the time and thought you put into this! You've covered a tonnn of stuff here and I'm more than happy to pass it over to the team. But just out of curiosity, if you had to pick your top three critical issues that you think need addressing - which would they be?

To be honest, I didn't really expect a response from just about anybody, much less someone associated with the game itself. This is very pleasing and I appreciate the time. :)

Two major concerns which I somewhat addressed in my previous post was the two new characters, centurion and shinobi. Being somewhat new to the game, they are a fresh thought, however, those who own the season pass (including myself) have become moderately familiar with them. I do believe it may take more time to properly adjust them but I think the most problematic elements present and very apparent with little experience are Centurion's punch and Shinobi's kick. I would personally love to "main" Centurion sometime in the future, as he is an awesome character in terms of looks and moveset. However, I have purposely tried to teach myself other combinations without use of the punch as it very effective at extending punishment such as backing someone into a corner and practically locking them in. As formerly stated, I think increased reaction time (making it more dodgeable), increased stamina usage (which I didn't really address but think is an obvious fixture), and possibly even the centurion sustaining minor damage per hit, as even with protection of armor, this would still be realistically discomforting to bash someone with heavy armor. For shinobi, it is virtually the same thing except their "hyper armor" seems to be more problematic (although increased reaction may be a good fix even though I think my other solution more efficient). Most would complain that this would make too fragile but this is already a swift move and can also be taken as a 50% chance as the first dodge can lead into a guard break instead. If it becomes too much of a problem, I say an increase in speed would further balance this. Shinobi has some very punishing combinations, but as they have the lowest health currently, seems proper. The kick, however, leads into a very good opportunity for this with little risk as I have seen a skilled shinobi player drain a character's health down past half, including more enduring characters. True, this requires a level of skill above something such a shugoki's charged hit which can do a similar amount, but others do not have the opportunity to even do such, therefore, achieving balance. Other than that, I would love to enjoy these characters when they don't seem quite as dirty to play, as I have achieved at least first reputation for every character, and enjoy them all thoroughly.

Another major issue I think you may have some but obviously not total control is the player base. The "toxic" players of the community, those who are manipulating the game and others in a negative way, are starting to become the majority. As before mentioned, a whiteout (players coming online in mass and being as positive as possible, even if for a short period) would be a nice boost for the community. I despise that it may seem that I am stooping to a low but I believe that a sponsored whiteout may be a beneficial (and possibly necessary) lift to the game's player base. I think maybe something like an hour that if people play, a boost can be obtain would be a good idea. However, I feel bad as you have done many things such as offer champion status for previous problems. Another way I believe you could support us would be to regulate negative players, some to such harsh extents as permanent bans (which as of yet, I have not heard of such measures, just temporary bans). This is mainly a problem that the community can solve, but sponsoring from you would surely help, even if you just put your word in.

Again, thank you for the time. If you have more questions, I would happily oblige a reply as soon as possible (as I am going on a trip from this Friday to the next in an area with few internet spots). I would love to see some changes that may even be inspired by mine and other's feedback. All we can ask is that you try. :)

Draghmar
06-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Nobushi - Nobushi is probably the most efficient mix-up character outside of the two new DLC characters. She has everything from tricky side strikes to a possibly spammed bleed effect that has about a 33% guess. However, for those familiar with her, she isn't so seemingly overpowered. In fact, her player base is only a very small percent of the total. The best balance for her I believe is to slow her moves down slightly so they are a bit more predictable.
Even though I really appreciate your work here I think you should play a little bit more because this one sentence shows that you don't have enough data. I play Nobushi and the one thing I fear the most is that my attacks are so easily parried. Yes, not only blocked but parried. Heavy, light, dodge light, dodge heavy - all of them. I don't even use top light anymore. And add to that she has very poor dodge and issues with guard changing.

Danioku
06-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Valkyrie - Honestly, I hate the Valkyrie for one thing and that is her sweep. Like centurion's punch, I think her sweep should be avoided with one dodge back, not two or a dodge roll. And for those who say this would cause her problems, I have been able to defeat opponents without as she as other openers like her shield bash. As a buff, though, I think her shield pin, the dodge-punish, should be more easily achieved. Light attack do not seem to be too much of a problem either as she can get them off fast but they are not nearly as rewarding as they were for peacekeeper.

You can avoid her sweep dodging back already (even on reaction) and you still have the time for punish her. Recovery time on sweep is one of the longest in the game.

You just have to be carefull and wait the sweep animation cause, if you just dodge, she can GB instead and, in this case, you will not be able to tech it.

kanuzira
06-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Lawbringer - He has been a pretty fair character, somewhat believed to be under-powered on release. The only balance I believe he may need is a more punishable shove, whether making it drain stamina or more easily dodged.

He still needs a buff. he is slow as hell and gets parried all the time if you want to do a combo. His attacks are basic and his attack patterns easy to read since it is only 2 things he can do. The guy needs extra speed and a moveset increase. His shove is the most easily dodged attack in the whole game and can be GB'd from it into a free heavy, if that is not enough punish for you i dont know what is.

Mia.Nora
06-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Conqueror - The initial complaint for them are shield bashing spam which is the only moderate offensive for what is supposed to be a defensive character (of which to me seems very effective to keep distance and use charged heavies). The main fix I believe Conqueror may need is a slightly less shield heal.

So you fix one of the worst heroes in the game by nerfing him?

Clearly a lot of thought went into this :o

Jarl.Felix
06-08-2017, 11:33 AM

Yeah, I laughed too here :))

I wonder how he got this "briliant" idea .. !

Draghmar
06-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Hey, come on. Don't laugh because it's discouraging and he did put quite an effort to write this. [yes, I'm serious]

Herbstlicht
06-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Hmm. Honestly, this stuff is interesting. Not to be mean or so, but I guess the op is of "average" skill level, thus seeing the game different then some of us. People even parry PK or Orochi top light now on console, take Nobushi - she gets parried constantly. So slowing down the game even more would be rather bad in my opinion.
Here we would be at a point where a decent training mode would show people how to counter some of this stuff - it would really, really help people out.
But even with a large part of the community maybe not agreeing in many of those changes (me included), we should keep our eyes open for the concerns of the more casual players as well.
Personally, I hope the upcoming Samurai buffs really push those heros in a way, one can say some of those still left behind could get a similiar treatment.
We need more complete heroes with strong and diverse movesets.

XxHunterHxX
06-08-2017, 12:46 PM
i like how all the main's come here and complain how the caracter they main needs no nerf xD

Draghmar
06-08-2017, 01:01 PM
i like how all the main's come here and complain how the caracter they main needs no nerf xD
And I like ow you came here only to make +1 to your post count. ;)
There are only Valkyrie, LB, Nobushi and Conq here. Nobushi is one of the classes that will get buff in near future so it's rather obvious she shouldn't get nerf. Every one knows that Conq should be reworked not nerfed. I can't say much about Valkyrie but LB doesn't shine too much in 1v1. And now knowing that what was your point?

Anarnam
06-08-2017, 01:51 PM

Hey my friend. Nice read although the quote I put here is a complete insanity. Nobushi is by far one of the most predictable attackers in the game. Her kick is never guaranteed and it is easily dodged. Her attacks are insanely slow in comparison to valkirie (not comparing even to assasins). Her dodge is non-existant as she barely moves an inch. Moreover her guard-change is terrible. Whenever I play warden I block 99% PK attacks and while I play nobushi, every 3rd hit gets me, followed by 4rth combo'ed hit. The only chance for nobushis is right now to become absolute master at parrying, keeping distance and most of all using (more than extremely) hard to master hidden stance which is also very slow. Thank the devs for buffing samurais soon cuz I like nobushi a lot. She has real potential, however in current defensive meta she is not even near competetive.

WarriorAaron123
06-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Alright, so I see the main problem here is with my comment of nobushi. It is true that nobushi is becoming more predicatable and therefore more parry-able. But that is also the reason why Ubisoft are waiting on balance changes for centurion and shinobi. If it isn't a blatant problem, then it can be hard to tell if something seemingly overpowered can't be learn to be dealt with. Now, considering I have had enough experience with all characters to reach reputation one including nobushi, this is has been some of my insight. When you consider it, nobushi does have a lot of mix-up attacks, such as an omnidirectional bleeding attack, combinations that can lead into a kick for free top attack, an area attack that can inflict mass damage (which the second hit can be stopped with timing), and a stance that when used right can lead into various attacks. I guess this may be more of a matter on player tier. However, with that being said, it should be admitted she is at least fairly decent at mix-ups. I think an improvement for her could be a more easily manipulated hidden stance, however, as it can be a nuisance. But that can also be improved by the new dead zone setting modifier.

Regarding conqueror, they are not an under-powered character as they are mean't for defensive combat, with shield bash being really their only offensive capability (which I also use defensively). Being a member of the Knight faction, I default to the knights and I have achieved reputation 2 at least for all of them except the centurion. The only problem I think they have which was intentionally made for the use of a defensive character is their on-block healing feat (which only even applies to team modes). It is a bit of an annoyance to be fighting a conqueror that has the feat active and sustaining seemingly forever due to the fact that you or an ally may be giving them block opportunities, or, even worse for skilled conquerors, they are extremely good at blocking because they are "tanking" characters.

For Valkyrie, the problem I have for her spear sweep is that it can be chained into nearly any of her combinations and isn't really draining in terms of stamina, especially for such a seemingly awkward motion. And whenever I try to step back, she is will still hit, but I do know you can time a sidestep, but again that goes into skill again. This is mean't to be fair to all, skilled and unskilled, veteran and non. Otherwise, I do not have a problem with her. Some do complain about her being able to spam her spear light but it has much more reaction time than peacekeeper's light attacks formerly did and does less damage.

Lawbringer I would say is one of the more fair characters, but I do agree that it can be tough as I have had the most experience with him, gaining reputation 3 (and yes, I am aware that some may have a better say as there are people who have achieved reputation max). He probably does need some boosts in terms of basic combinations as such as making them slightly faster as we would want them to be effective. For his push, even if you miss once you can literally just go back into it. Thankfully he doesn't have something like centurion's punch where it would pin you against a wall for extra, guaranteed punish. Maybe it doesn't need any balancing as I find it useful for escaping combinations as well.

And this is what I am addressing as a member of the community. I have only been around since the beta prior to release but I feel invested and with your criticism, I have also polished my ideals and hopefully I have done the same in return.

WarriorAaron123
06-08-2017, 05:17 PM

My concern for you is what benefit do you get from subtly insulting me? If you read what I was addressing, negative players seem to be more of a problem in the decline of the game, and the developers sadly can't fix this problem like bugs and balances in the game. I've seen the game suffer enough and kindly ask that you ask why I think like I do before you try to downgrade my opinion. I believe if you truly care at least about the game, then you will do so. Read my next iteration and maybe it will at least enlighten you as to my standpoint. :p

WarriorAaron123
06-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Hey my friend. Nice read although the quote I put here is a complete insanity. Nobushi is by far one of the most predictable attackers in the game. Her kick is never guaranteed and it is easily dodged. Her attacks are insanely slow in comparison to valkirie (not comparing even to assasins). Her dodge is non-existant as she barely moves an inch. Moreover her guard-change is terrible. Whenever I play warden I block 99% PK attacks and while I play nobushi, every 3rd hit gets me, followed by 4rth combo'ed hit. The only chance for nobushis is right now to become absolute master at parrying, keeping distance and most of all using (more than extremely) hard to master hidden stance which is also very slow. Thank the devs for buffing samurais soon cuz I like nobushi a lot. She has real potential, however in current defensive meta she is not even near competetive.

I admit, my comment on nobushi's reaction time was probably the most erroneous. I wouldn't completely agree that she is the most predictable as I have not had people easily block or parry me when using her but we have a seemingly different outlook and that is why I addressed my original thread the way I did, as I would like to get as many opinions as possible. I don't know if I understand the problem with peacekeeper but it seems to me that you have a problem blocking her third attack and are therefore chained into a fourth? But what about the first and second strikes? Nobushi wouldn't be that balanced, I believe, if she had an extremely efficient dodge. She isn't made to be an assassin character and this may make her have an easy time punishing as her "way of the shark" and combinations can be started from her side attack (which can be used after a dodge). For the hidden stance, you should probably try modifying your dead zone, as I find it improves all characters. But I do thing it needs some polishing but they have being doing that in a couple of updates. I do believe some of this comes from skill tiers but Ubisoft wouldn't put difficulties for characters if they didn't actually pertain to them. I also believe every character has potential. Either way, I appreciate the opinion. :D

Archeun
06-08-2017, 06:13 PM
The game is dead. Nothing can be done to save it. Ubisoft has already shown a glaring inability to address issues by adding a "ragequitting penalty" instead of addressing the core balance and matchmaking issues that lead to much of the ragequitting.

Sincerity117
06-08-2017, 07:30 PM
You should probably play this game more before making posts like this because many of your balancing comments on each class point towards you knowing next to nothing about them

WarriorAaron123
06-08-2017, 11:35 PM
You should probably play this game more before making posts like this because many of your balancing comments on each class point towards you knowing next to nothing about them

Then, please, address issues you have instead of just stopping with telling me about my ignorance. All I have really received is blank messages that either complain or point out a disagreement instead trying to address the problem as well as maybe telling me some of my errors. For those who do address the problems, they would be the only ones that genuinely care for the game. And by all means, tell me what I have wrong because I am frankly curious to know. Everyone plays differently so outlooks vary. Also, make sure to read every one of my messages as I may have improved my points to an agreeable level. And I will point out which I know I failed to and it is that I play For Honor for Playstation 4. It is negative just to make a complaint about my opinion after all. :nonchalance:

Lyskir
06-08-2017, 11:42 PM
*Raider - They are a pretty overall balanced character, even from release. The main problem with a raider was the possibility of an unblockable area spam. However, this now drains stamina severely.*

what? a UB spam? ....what? spam?...i do not understand

WarriorAaron123
06-08-2017, 11:43 PM
The game is dead. Nothing can be done to save it. Ubisoft has already shown a glaring inability to address issues by adding a "ragequitting penalty" instead of addressing the core balance and matchmaking issues that lead to much of the ragequitting.

I personally don't appreciate "trollers" or what other negative presence you consider yourself to be. To be honest, I felt that Ubisoft had some lackluster at the launch of this game as there were many errors, some of which didn't even surface until later. However, different staff have started to come into play and they do seem to be actually trying." Rage quitting" is dealt with in a lot of other games so it is only obvious that it may be one of Ubisoft's first concerns. I used to do it before (not in For Honor as I was very much younger) until I realized that for some games I considered it not a big concern was actually a major one for others. It was just as inconsiderate of me to do that as you to just tell others who actually want to try to give up. If you have given up already, then please leave the rest of us to our hopes. You are not appreciated. :mad:

WarriorAaron123
06-08-2017, 11:48 PM
*Raider - They are a pretty overall balanced character, even from release. The main problem with a raider was the possibility of an unblockable area spam. However, this now drains stamina severely.*

what? a UB spam? ....what? spam?...i do not understand

"Spamming, in the context of video games, refers to the repeated use of the same item or action. For example, "grenade spamming" is the act of a player throwing a large number of grenades in succession into an area." - wikipedia.org

If you want a dictionary definition, you can always read an actual dictionary or ask such as this. Don't worry, I got you covered so you don't have to stoop to sarcastic remarks.

On a more serious note, you are part of the definition of the decline of this game. Thank you for your complaints and by all means, have a nice day. :o

Lyskir
06-08-2017, 11:52 PM
"Spamming, in the context of video games, refers to the repeated use of the same item or action. For example, "grenade spamming" is the act of a player throwing a large number of grenades in succession into an area." - wikipedia.org

If you want a dictionary definition, you can always read an actual dictionary or ask such as this. Don't worry, I got you covered so you don't have to stoop to sarcastic remarks.

On a more serious note, you are part of the definition of the decline of this game. Thank you for your complaints and by all means, have a nice day. :o

but u know that his UB cost half his stamina? u cant spam that

WarriorAaron123
06-08-2017, 11:55 PM
but u know that his UB cost half his stamina? u cant spam that

Yes, if you could read correctly, I addressed that. Or would you require a dictionary definition again?

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 12:01 AM
dont be angry with me, i feel bad now :(

Spam and raider ub in one sentence is just wrong in my opinion

And why do you point it out when it is actually not problem in the first place

BornConfused7
06-09-2017, 12:07 AM
With the suffering community, I have always had some high hopes and still do. I believe this game has some legendary potential. I believe this game has the potential to be Ubisoft's best game even. But I believe I have a few ideas to at least help smooth over the game and make it more satisfying. However, I totally respect Ubisoft's intentions as to their route but would not want them to possibly blunder without at least offering my insight.

As of recent, a major debate has started due to planning for a second blackout (to those who aren't aware, this is a temporary period with players not playing the game as a sort of protest). I disagree with the idea of this blackout as it has no reasoning like the first, which was addressed to Ubisoft for problems at the time. I believe in the new idea circulating of a whiteout, the opposite of a blackout. This game will not survive if those who still genuinely care about the game do not put minds together and let the more "cancerous" counterparts of the community have domain. Therefore a positive white out would probably turn some opinions in the right direction, with a uncommonly large player base being as positive as possible.

I, personally, have not had many connection issues. True, I do get disconnected sometimes. I also do believe that peer-to-peer servers were a sort of shortcut. I do believe at some point that dedicated servers should be added. Until then, I am patient.

Now on to balancing. This is the first time I have ever got so involved in the development of a fighting game such as this. Overall, I think Ubisoft should have refined the game a bit more. However, it does seem they are rectifying the problem, at least attempting to, whether they truly care or not. What I am fearful for is that it may be too late.

Warden - They have had a lot of problems, from virtually nonpunishable shoulder bashing to an instant-kill drop attack glitch, which all have been solved as of so far. I believe this character has achieved as perfect of a balance as they may get. The only problem they seem to have is the almost guaranteed area attack, although it may be needed as a finisher, I just believe it shouldn't kill someone at the max regenerated health like currently.

Peacekeeper - She has always been a problem from release. Thankfully, the community and Ubisoft alike have dealt harshly with her abuse. Majoring in light attack spam, the only thing she needs fixed is here "zone flick" spam that was supposed to be stopped beforehand.

Centurion - Centurion is a fearsome character. What is especially feared is his ability to punish in a group situation, especially with multiple of his kind. I believe the major cure for this, though, would be to adjust his punch. I believe he should not have a guaranteed knockdown with a charged heavy pin, and it should either drain more stamina or even slightly damage himself as he is hitting some pretty heavy armor, even with a caestus. It also shouldn't have such good tracking as I think a dodge back should cause a miss.
His area attack is also probably too efficient. If determined needed, I think it should do less damage.

Raider - They are a pretty overall balanced character, even from release. The main problem with a raider was the possibility of an unblockable area spam. However, this now drains stamina severely.

Warlord - Warlord is a very good defensive character like conqueror. My major concern for him is his very effective edging, as he easily can toss you off a cliff in any direction. I believe a way to balance that is the ability to break off his grab at some point in the middle of it as well as a chance at a counter guard break. I don't think his armored heavy attack is a problem as he would not have an opening attack.

Berserker - I don't see berserkers having too many problems. My major concern and only real concern is the continuous light-heavy or heavy-light combinations. I believe this should either drain more stamina or be limited to so many attacks.

Kensei - Kensei upon release was a good starter but a very ineffective character for those familiar with them. They did not have many openers, as their combinations were hard to achieve. That has been recently fixed as they can now start off their combination finishers more easily. They now seem more balanced.

Shugoki - Shugoki has been somewhat of a problem as peacekeeper. He used to have a charge that would knock down opponents, granting a guaranteed heavy if used correctly. He also has some other ridiculous abilities such as an unblockable charged heavy and a health-regenerating grab. The knock down has already been fixed. In balancing terms, he needs the unblockable charged heavy as it is practically his only opener. The thing which needs to be balanced is he grab, the Demon's embrace. First, it probably should only do the equivalent damage he does regularly instead of instantly killing his opponent when at low health. Either that should be done or the grab, I believe, should be completely remodeled to were it should not help or harm him.

Orochi - Orochi is a moderately skilled based character. The major problem I believe is their area attack. Unlike warden, if you regenerate your health as far as possible, this still can finish you. I believe this should still exist, only weaker, so this doesn't do more than a bar of health.

Shinobi - Like centurion's punch, I think the shinobi's imbalance comes from their kick. Instead of making it more easily dodgeable, however, I think the armor should be eliminated. The worry for them is that if this is done, they would have nothing. Contrary to that, I believe them to not punish so easily, as a skilled shinobi player is capable of taking most of any characters health with one combination by using the kick. It should be high-risk high-reward as shinobi is mean't to be a more fragile character. Plus they introduce new elements such as their ranged attack which have already been balanced to be more fair as it isn't nearly as easily punished as before.

These things I think would do greatly for the game. I am sure many would disagree but remember that this is only my opinion from observations I have made while playing with the game and it's elements.

I think it's great you have taken the time and put in the thought to pin point some of the key issues. However, I don't believe much use will come of it. Yes I know Ubisoft is trying and it isn't easy with such a complex game, but I do think they are a lot of talk and reassuring players but not Ines to act on what they say. I also would say that a lot of people come on here to vent out some anger and is, in my opinion, quite useful to Ubisoft. Or should be anyway. As this allows them to see what people are upset with most.
Overall, it delights me to see this kind of mannerism towards this game and I truly hope it can be saved after the rocky start it has had 😊

WarriorAaron123
06-09-2017, 12:08 AM
dont be angry with me, i feel bad now :(

Spam and raider ub in one sentence is just wrong in my opinion

Whether or not this comment is genuine, I do ask that you read a comment before replying. I am not here to chase you off but I promise you I am also not going to spare your feelings if you only intend on being pessimistic. So please, if you do care, maybe you could find something you may find incorrect. I would enjoy conversing over the topic if it is beneficial to the health of the game. :)

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Whether or not this comment is genuine, I do ask that you read a comment before replying. I am not here to chase you off but I promise you I am also not going to spare your feelings if you only intend on being pessimistic. So please, if you do care, maybe you could find something you may find incorrect. I would enjoy conversing over the topic if it is beneficial to the health of the game. :)

I do not understand why you write it as a negative point but at the same time u say that it is not a problem because it consumes a lot of stamina? maybe i read it wrong but..u know im confused right now...

my englisch is not that good btw ;)

WarriorAaron123
06-09-2017, 12:16 AM
I think it's great you have taken the time and put in the thought to pin point some of the key issues. However, I don't believe much use will come of it. Yes I know Ubisoft is trying and it isn't easy with such a complex game, but I do think they are a lot of talk and reassuring players but not Ines to act on what they say. I also would say that a lot of people come on here to vent out some anger and is, in my opinion, quite useful to Ubisoft. Or should be anyway. As this allows them to see what people are upset with most.
Overall, it delights me to see this kind of mannerism towards this game and I truly hope it can be saved after the rocky start it has had 😊

I completely agree with the fact as I was concerned with the launch of the game as many errors, some of which didn't even surface until later, which I believe should have been polished more. But from what I have heard, the man responsible for even presenting the idea to Ubisoft has now taken some charge over the project. I believe they may be making a change now as the guy pitched the idea for what was approximated to be about ten years.

I also would like to thank the very positive attitude. It is sadly becoming a dying characteristic in the community and with how fast one of Ubisoft's own responded, they may be some of the few remaining among the scarce player base. Thank you for the time. :)

WarriorAaron123
06-09-2017, 12:38 AM
I do not understand why you write it as a negative point but at the same time u say that it is not a problem because it consumes a lot of stamina? maybe i read it wrong but..u know im confused right now...

my englisch is not that good btw ;)

I believed it was initially a concern until they had patched it so things such as that would suffer more stamina drain. Beforehand, it was easy to just use over and over and it didn't nearly require as much stamina. I was making sure I covered all factors so it would be a more universal standpoint instead of my own. If you think it a good idea, I may make another list to address my own personal concerns. The former list was addressing a group of problems that were a mixture of my friends and I opinions as to what seem to need balance.

Lyskir
06-09-2017, 12:43 AM
I believed it was initially a concern until they had patched it so things such as that would suffer more stamina drain. Beforehand, it was easy to just use over and over and it didn't nearly require as much stamina. I was making sure I covered all factors so it would be a more universal standpoint instead of my own. If you think it a good idea, I may make another list to address my own personal concerns. The former list was addressing a group of problems that were a mixture of my friends and I opinions as to what seem to need balance.

ah ok, it makes sense now, thx for u time :)

Mia.Nora
06-09-2017, 12:44 AM
My concern for you is what benefit do you get from subtly insulting me? If you read what I was addressing, negative players seem to be more of a problem in the decline of the game, and the developers sadly can't fix this problem like bugs and balances in the game. I've seen the game suffer enough and kindly ask that you ask why I think like I do before you try to downgrade my opinion. I believe if you truly care at least about the game, then you will do so. Read my next iteration and maybe it will at least enlighten you as to my standpoint. :p

For someone who made such bad suggestions and comments, (not bashing you or insulting you, but lets call a spade a spade) your ego is way too fragile vs a humorous criticism.

It is clear you are quite inexperienced in the game and it is OK. When you say silly things like Raider spamming zones being a problem, or *conq problem* getting solved by nerfing him; we just humorously called it out.

If you can not handle any kind of criticism, I suggest going back to game learn it properly so that at least you are not that off the mark.

WarriorAaron123
06-09-2017, 12:52 AM
For someone who made such bad suggestions and comments, (not bashing you or insulting you, but lets call a spade a spade) your ego is way too fragile vs a humorous criticism.

It is clear you are quite inexperienced in the game and it is OK. When you say silly things like Raider spamming zones being a problem, or *conq problem* getting solved by nerfing him; we just humorously called it out.

If you can not handle any kind of criticism, I suggest going back to game learn it properly so that at least you are not that off the mark.

It would be helpful criticism if you had actually stated where I could improve, not just complain about something you thought I had done wrong. You are my consideration of a "troll", just being what you think is humorous but are actually causing more harm than good. You also did not read my comments fully as I previously stated to another person about raider. Besides, if my suggestions were so bad as you imply, then everyone would have complained. I especially would not have received an immediate response from Ubisoft as they seem to care about the game's healthy development more than you. "Not bashing or insulting you" is a blatant hypocritical statement as it is again an opinion and calling it bad is not a "humorous criticism", only a negative complaint. Let's call a hypocrite a hypocrite who is only here to taunt instead of actually doing beneficial with their time. :rolleyes:

Besides, have you ever even used every character to a point of achieving a reputation with each? If not, then I think my points are valid the eyes of those you think you are speaking for. From my own experience, a lot of those who main the conqueror have them at a commonly high reputation. The seems to me an obvious validation for my point concerning them.

Mia.Nora
06-09-2017, 01:13 AM
Ok special snowflake, sorry that I hurt your very fragile ego. No point in discussing, your opinions are very valid for the problems a new player may face; but absolutely off the mark in average gameplay (not even high). A small advice; if someone calls out on your nonsense on the internet without even an insult; and you think that is a troll; just avoid internet. Your life will be better.

Peace out. (do not bother reply wont come back to this thread)

WarriorAaron123
06-09-2017, 01:36 AM
With all the people criticizing that act as if they were superior, you helped me think of something that can help the game differentiate somewhat in terms of players skill. It is a new feature I believe Ubisoft could add in the future, which would be to divide multiplayer profiles from AI versus and player versus. That way no one can claim that they are "more skilled" when they have done nothing but play with AI opponents, a common method to build up to high reputations. I am not really leaning towards the idea but wouldn't mind if you, Ubisoft, established separate reputation groupings for every player's character that has been divided between AI and players (meaning reputation earned fighting players can only be used for players and the same for AI).

True, this will not fully demonstrate the skill base of players but I think it would help those of know when we would like to. It may also be beneficial to let us view each other's profiles for stats concerning separate game modes.

Sir.Nguyen
10-03-2017, 05:47 AM
Just nerfs parries. Let us react to parries, but still take stamina damage while nerfing blocks to where you take stamina and chip damage. Or make it to where if someone keeps attacking you consecutive attacks take more and more stamina from you. Of course blocking shouldn't break combo chains anymore only parries and should be tweaked for each hero.

PDXGorechild
10-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Berserker - I don't see berserkers having too many problems. My major concern and only real concern is the continuous light-heavy or heavy-light combinations. I believe this should either drain more stamina or be limited to so many attacks..

lol.

Vakris_One
10-03-2017, 07:28 PM

It's all been said and said over again man and from players that are much more experienced and dedicated than you or I. Yet the game remains largely the same in terms of balance and connectivity problems. The only things that seem to change with any degree of consistency is the different amount and variety of bugs we get with each season. This coming patch on Thursday better be something that fixes the bugs and stability otherwise my already waning support for this game will evaporate completely.

DoctorMcBatman
10-03-2017, 07:30 PM
It's all been said and said over again man. Yet the game remains largely the same in terms of balance and connectivity problems. The only things that seem to change with any degree of consistency is the different amount and variety of bugs we get with each season. This coming patch on Thursday better be something that fixes the bugs and stability otherwise my already waning support for this game will evaporate completely.

Well, get ready for complete evaporation. On PC, the connectivity issues seem as rampant as they were pre-patch, and the bugs continue. I got the ladder bug twice last night! That bug has been around since release (or earlier). It's laughable.

BLOOD-E-BARON
10-03-2017, 11:32 PM
And I like ow you came here only to make +1 to your post count. ;)

Good call, CV Eviler the OG of trolling the forums since forever.

RatedChaotic
10-04-2017, 05:41 PM
My remedy.......

Shut it down. Use the shut down period to speed up the dedicated servers release and during that shut down period address issues with bugs and unbalances.

They do not need anymore data. They just say that to help cover their a$$es for their mistakes. With the sites that cover this game and the thousands of youtube videos...Everytime I hear we need more data. I think omg theres no way your that dumb. Theres plenty of data out there. They just dont use it.