PDA

View Full Version : How many Times do Gank-squads win in Dominion?

Poenix21
06-07-2017, 02:14 AM
Well from my experience up to 80-90%
This actually wonders me a bit. It shouldn't be possible for 1 team to control 3 Points without splitting up.
If your experience is the same, lowering the re spawn time for killed players might be a good idea.

ZUNniK.
06-07-2017, 02:20 AM
All of the time. At least 90%. Its in that sate since revenge nerf and its gotten worse since S2. the notorious cent gank squads with ranged shinobi as a bonus. Classic :) its way less effective and kind of useless to run with the old terms of defending zones ->Vanguards in minion zone, heavies defend other zones etc.

Gray360UK
06-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Maybe they should make it that you don't control a zone unless you are standing in it and that the points for controlling a zone far outweigh the points gained from roaming around in gank squads killing people. Simple fix.

Draghmar
06-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Maybe they should make it that you don't control a zone unless you are standing in it and that the points for controlling a zone far outweigh the points gained from roaming around in gank squads killing people. Simple fix.
It's not that simple. That would only mean that one would have to stay at one point and the rest would run all over the map doing what they do right now, which includes taking points and not only killing. Ganks are effective because it is very easy to move all over the map - points are very close to each other and there are no obstacles.

Epoqx
06-07-2017, 10:51 AM
One thing i see a lot, and that is making a lot of you loose much more, is the fact that you just capture zones, and move from it.

For a lot of characters (even more with the special renown passives), you can cap MUCH MORE points by just standing in one of these points. This will allow you to split the annemy team so they are forced to come for you, and if you are a good dueler, you will kill more people, meaning more points and renown with kills + points on zones.

XxHunterHxX
06-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Its useles to boost points as before in season 1...now its better to just ghet kills in dominion actualy...

1 kill = 50 points or 30 or something like that and if you have midle point+ 1 more point + kills = ez win you dont even need all 3 points 2 of them + kills = ez win

dominion now is skirmish with 3 capture zones that can help you win faster....

Draghmar
06-07-2017, 11:04 AM
One thing i see a lot, and that is making a lot of you loose much more, is the fact that you just capture zones, and move from it.
Yes, that is true. It is often combined with the too much focus on fighting instead of capturing points.

Its useles to boost points as before in season 1...now its better to just ghet kills in dominion actualy...

1 kill = 50 points or 30 or something like that and if you have midle point+ 1 more point + kills = ez win you dont even need all 3 points 2 of them + kills = ez win

dominion now is skirmish with 3 capture zones that can help you win faster....
Isn't it like 5 points for normal kill and more with some additional bonuses?
Anyway...what you've said suggest that it would be good for dominion to lower points for killing other players.

XxHunterHxX
06-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Yes, that is true. It is often combined with the too much focus on fighting instead of capturing points.

Isn't it like 5 points for normal kill and more with some additional bonuses?
Anyway...what you've said suggest that it would be good for dominion to lower points for killing other players.

The problem is that they changed the stats so now going alone in 2v1 or 3 v 1 is just plain waste of time and the chance of you just bosting a point solo ? is 0 to none....they had good mechanics in place when they made the game mode but then they changed evrithing about how it works and they expected the game to be the same....

Play dominion and try to boost a point....its useles mechanic now....its better to just keep 2 points and ghet kills so tell me what is the difference in this game mode now and skirmish ? remove the 3 points you capture and you have the same game mode.....

the revenge mode was the mechanic in the game that let you capture a point even in a 2 v 1 situation coz the enemy wold have to let you 1 v 1 it and then join or 2 v 1 and risk giving you revenge....now its pointles....on top of that they added 2 caracters that can cc the crap out of you so good luck gheting 2 v 1 by a centurion even 2 shinobis is the same 2 kicks = no stamina so you just look at them and die....

that is why dominion is **** now coz 2 shinobi or 2 centurions gankign you = you just let them kill you why even try to win...or you can run away but w8 the shinobi can run at mach 7 speed and im a shinobi player i love playing it BUT when you cheese a win no one feels joy out of it.....you didnt acomplis anything wining vs a guy that couldnt even touch you.....

in my opinion they should remove all the caracters from the game

make just 3 caracters.....

1 samurai faction
1 viking faction
1 knight faction

you pick the faction you wana play and you ir STUCK with it (you can change it only when the faction war ends BUT the caracter you have dies permanently like in diablo 3 and you start again)

now as to lets say you wana play shugoki or kensei or orochi ?

give us the power to customize our caracters....

let me make my self fat or slim etc maybe i wana be a fat assasin....

as to wepons and armor just let us combine them.....

if i ghet a drop of like ninja wepon and a concurer shield let me use a shield to guard my self and atack from rage with the ninja wepon or maybe i wana have a warden wepon and a shield...

if i dont use bouth my hands to atack the atack will be slower but il have the shield to defend against 2 v 1 the posibility is endles ...

there a better for honor game then ubi can ever make.....

but NO they picked the ez lets make money route.....so why bother with feedback why bother explaining what we want or need the game is already done they ir DONE with this game.....they already have our money now they just relese the caracters they have a few new maps a broken ranked mode "maybe" and that is it....enjoy the 60+ game you payed for

Draghmar
06-07-2017, 11:39 AM
The problem is that they changed the stats so now going alone in 2v1 or 3 v 1 is just plain waste of time and the chance of you just bosting a point solo ? is 0 to none....they had good mechanics in place when they made the game mode but then they changed evrithing about how it works and they expected the game to be the same....
They changed stats? You mean gear stats? You should not have advantage in Xv1 scenarios when X players are at least at the same level as you. You should at most have a chance and I feel that is right now the case (with exception to Cent as one of the X). I even manage to survive 3v1 situations long enough that my team get to me with help.

I've boosted points many times. Even those that are much closer to the enemy base. When the team has too much focus on fighting they tend to not pay enough attention to that.

Gray360UK
06-07-2017, 11:44 AM
It's not that simple

It is really.

I see lower down the page you think decreasing the points for kills is a good idea, don't you realise that increasing points for holding a zone would do the same thing? It's shifting the focus from kills to zones, either way would work, but if you don't make holding zones far superior to killing people then forming a gank squad will still be a viable tactic.

There are 3 zones, so a gank squad can only be at one of them. If the other team has the other 2, and the points for having those 2 are big enough that the score of the ganking squad is tiny in comparison, then the zone focused team will win easily. Gank squads move, they don't hold zones. If Dominion was designed so that you HAVE to hold zones to have any chance of winning, then you would need to hold at least 2 of them, which immediately makes forming a 4 man gank squad an invalid tactic.

Blasto95
06-07-2017, 12:10 PM
You know its called 4v4 for a reason right...Its impossible to be a Gank Squad when you are up against equal odds. Not their fault you decide to stray from your team and they simply stuck together. Go ahead and do the same thing. It does not work...actually most of the time it does not work except in the Shard where its easy to move as a group from one zone to the next. Try it on High Fort and see how well it goes.

Obdach01
06-07-2017, 02:32 PM
A recap of what my team does, when we play together (me and two of my mates... the fourth is always random). Two go to a zone and the other follows the random dude. When said two capture a point, one stays and the other moves to help the first two who are gamked by three (usually... if it is four, the one who stays realizes it, because the third zone is not captured, thus he starts moving up to help the other three, unless one of my team says stay). Until now, if all went well, the only word that has been said is 'stay', IF there is the need to stay. If they get hammered, most likely the opposing team is a team of aces and we will get smoked, in which case the random will leave soon, and it will be us three with a bot fighting to finish the game... and loosing (we still finish the game... out of respect and because we were taught to finish what we started). If the three do not get hammered, one of my mates, usually the one who is close to dying, comes over to where I am to heal, and I leave to fight. This keeps going until we win, because that is what happens with this tactic. You win. Unless you are unlucky and meet a group of aces (I do want to get the_Orochi... you killed me far too often, dude ;) ).
But ganking is not a guaranteed win, if you have a team that is able to use the thingi in their heads... what's it called again... oh, yes... brains.
This has always worked since day one, and still works. Only against the_Orochi it doesn't. So when you get him in the opposing team, run for your life. But don't quit. Just gank him ;)
No hard feelings, the_Orochi... it's a compliment I'm giving you, buddy. Games against you are real fun, even though they are a perfect loss.

Danioku
06-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Well from my experience up to 80-90%
This actually wonders me a bit. It shouldn't be possible for 1 team to control 3 Points without splitting up.
If your experience is the same, lowering the re spawn time for killed players might be a good idea.

100% cause it's the only way to play Dominion if you wanna win

and i'm pretty sure that the 4 men that win the first clash have higher chances to win the game

Supercool5150
06-07-2017, 06:47 PM

Finally a voice of reason. This +1

Not only that but I think you will see a lot more 1v1 in dominion.

Knight_Gregor
06-07-2017, 10:19 PM

I mentioned the same in other threads. They could have point gain increase exponentially based on how many players are holding a point or something. If point gain was quick enough it would require people to play the objective instead of simply moving on to the next kill.

UbiNoty
06-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Saw a bunch of pretty interesting suggestions in here that I'd like to pass back over to the devs. We're also working to find ways to mitigate the power of the 4-man cent squads, so hopefully that helps with the problem too.