PDA

View Full Version : Whiteout

Ngallo22
06-06-2017, 09:29 PM
I posted a few days ago about why I believe that this community b!tche$ and complains way too much about every little issue in this game.

I am still here to back ubi and think a blackout is literally only because of the trolls who non-stop post negative crap about this game.

Yes, there are obviously problems. but how TF can you expect the team to fix everything all at once. BE LUCKY THEY CAN EVEN FIX IT INSTEAD OF HAVING TO WAIT FOR A SEQUAL.

Now, all of the sudden a blackout is in the works....to this I say it is completely uncalled for.

Yes, the 1st had legitimate reasons...but i'll pay you if you can pinpoint EXACT reasons behind this one instead of "they're not listening to us or my greedy request" or "connectivity" (not only is the majority coming from rage quitters now but its come a loong way since season 1, you can't argue that...and they are still working on it so be thankful they keep addressing it). You're delusional if you think they are ignoring us...

So instead of a blackout on 6/17, I am proposing, as a community, we give this game a second chance and actually PLAY THE GAME ON 6/17. just go on for a single hour.

call me what you want, fanboy kiss**, ubi wannabe, whatever....doesn't effect me so save it.

This is one of my favorite games and I REFUSE TO LET THE .1% OF THIS COMMUNITY RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF THOSE WHO TRULY LIKE THIS GAME.

F*** a blackout, won't get anything done imo.

- With Honor

AndersenThree
06-06-2017, 10:00 PM
I posted a few days ago about why I believe that this community b!tche$ and complains way too much about every little issue in this game.

I am still here to back ubi and think a blackout is literally only because of the trolls who non-stop post negative crap about this game.

Yes, there are obviously problems. but how TF can you expect the team to fix everything all at once. BE LUCKY THEY CAN EVEN FIX IT INSTEAD OF HAVING TO WAIT FOR A SEQUAL.

Now, all of the sudden a blackout is in the works....to this I say it is completely uncalled for.

Yes, the 1st had legitimate reasons...but i'll pay you if you can pinpoint EXACT reasons behind this one instead of "they're not listening to us or my greedy request" or "connectivity" (not only is the majority coming from rage quitters now but its come a loong way since season 1, you can't argue that...and they are still working on it so be thankful they keep addressing it). You're delusional if you think they are ignoring us...

So instead of a blackout on 6/17, I am proposing, as a community, we give this game a second chance and actually PLAY THE GAME ON 6/17. just go on for a single hour.

call me what you want, fanboy kiss**, ubi wannabe, whatever....doesn't effect me so save it.

This is one of my favorite games and I REFUSE TO LET THE .1% OF THIS COMMUNITY RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF THOSE WHO TRULY LIKE THIS GAME.

F*** a blackout, won't get anything done imo.

- With Honor

I agree, let's go ahead and all play the game on the 'black-out' date. There are quite a lot of prominent youtubers that agree that another black-out is pretty much a dumb idea. The fact of the matter is, the game is a good game, with awesome mechanics and a great idea; so let's stay with it.

Tillo.
06-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Oh jeez...this secondary mods accounts and trolls are getting old.
Fact #1 connectivity has been a problem since beta tests.
Fact #2 95% of the playerbase is gone due to fact #1 (balance, bugs, glitches can always be reworked)
Fact #3 there is no argument in the world that can beat facts #1 & #2.
End of line.

Gray360UK
06-06-2017, 10:20 PM
What blackout?

First I've heard of it. I think a basic requirement if you want a blackout is to actually tell people about it ;)

Ngallo22
06-06-2017, 11:05 PM
What blackout?

First I've heard of it. I think a basic requirement if you want a blackout is to actually tell people about it ;)

FH sub reddit has been tossing the idea out, but many on the thread have been sharing my views towards this.

Felt as though I should at least brig this to light on this forum.

Herbstlicht
06-06-2017, 11:12 PM
Talks are high about some second blackout event. I am with those people that think it would be wrong. I won't participate. I know about all those problems. I know they are working. I know they ignore some issues. But first of all, on console - where I play on - things are way better then on PC (except from a few console specific issues, but those don't weigh that much). Second, it is like shooting yerself in your on knee. I mean you guys like this game, want it to improve. And one thing to do to make everything even worse is scaring more players off. The time when matchmaking takes even longer to get people even farther away from you for even less stable matches might finally upon ye all. And then, yay, even more people leaving. Even worse problems following. Then you really have the dead game some are ancious about getting.
I understand that some of you would be rather happy due to some sadistic satisfaction. And of course, with such stuff happening, Ubi would take some real hit, maybe one of the biggest ever. The likelyhood of the game "living on" on PC would be like nonexistent, because how to revive a dead game that counts on rather big numbers to work at all?

On the other hand, maybe they would focus on console then and just ignore PC oO
Somehow, I don't dislike this line of thought all that much.
Just do your weird blackout event guys ...

Antonioj26
06-06-2017, 11:21 PM
I'm not going to consciously participate in the black out but maybe I just won't play that day. It's been more difficult lately to just play through the frustrations of this game. I love the concept and I love it when it's actually working but when I'm getting disconnected 3-4 times in an hour it makes it more like a chore than a fun way to use my free time, so a lot of days I just don't even bother unless one of my buddies want to play.

I think the black out is pretty pointless but I guess we will see if it does anything. I understand being against it but this sort of "suck it up, at least they are trying" mentality is horse hit. I've never played a game that is plagued with this many issues but yet I still come back to it and I understand why others do too, but let's not sweep this crap under the rug. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying let's bash ubi every second of everyday but stop pretending peoples concerns aren't valid.

VoIume Control
06-06-2017, 11:35 PM
2.0 Blackout? im in... maybe they'll put Servers in after it... everyone complains about disconnects and rage quits, and errors. Then Add dedicated servers, it'll fix host quits and rage quits for sure at least you'll be able to play a full game.

Ngallo22
06-07-2017, 12:36 AM
I'm not going to consciously participate in the black out but maybe I just won't play that day. It's been more difficult lately to just play through the frustrations of this game. I love the concept and I love it when it's actually working but when I'm getting disconnected 3-4 times in an hour it makes it more like a chore than a fun way to use my free time, so a lot of days I just don't even bother unless one of my buddies want to play.

I think the black out is pretty pointless but I guess we will see if it does anything. I understand being against it but this sort of "suck it up, at least they are trying" mentality is horse hit. I've never played a game that is plagued with this many issues but yet I still come back to it and I understand why others do too, but let's not sweep this crap under the rug. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying let's bash ubi every second of everyday but stop pretending peoples concerns aren't valid.

I do agree that many aspects have been discussed and consistently swept under the table "until the next dev stream".

I have many issues with this game andmore than a handful of complaints, which i bring out respectfully.

But how many fixes do we really expect from week to week?
Half the disconnects are from rage quitters, and telling them "wah there's too many shinobi's in my game change it" is straight up trolling. Imagine playing bf1 and complaining too many enemy's have rocket guns and keep killing you.

People need to learn to strategize or learn how to successfully play against them.
Its a learning curve but to whine about some of the smallest stuff and call for a blackout is just overkill.

Also, bashing this game will do nothing but turn players away from coming back to/ starting this game.

Like i said, still TONS of problems believe me im more than aware. But im also a rational human being and understand changes cantcan't be immedietly fixed like we all expect them to be.

Remember, Ashfeld wasn't built in a day.

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 12:51 AM
I do agree that many aspects have been discussed and consistently swept under the table "until the next dev stream".

I have many issues with this game andmore than a handful of complaints, which i bring out respectfully.

Half the disconnects are from rage quitters, and telling them "wah there's too many shinobi's in my game change it" is straight up trolling. Imagine playing bf1 and complaining too many enemy's have rocket guns and keep killing you.

People need to learn to strategize or learn how to successfully play against them.
Its a learning curve but to whine about some of the smallest stuff and call for a blackout is just overkill.

Also, bashing this game will do nothing but turn players away from coming back to/ starting this game.

Like i said, still TONS of problems believe me im more than aware. But im also a rational human being and understand changes cantcan't be immedietly fixed like we all expect them to be.

It's been over 100 days, we've been plenty patient with minimal changes to the problems and in fact more seem to have piled on. Maybe the honey moon phase of this game wore off of me when S2 started and I'm noticing it more but I legitimately think the crashes are far more frequent than they were S1. The new heroes have changed the game in a way that's honestly just not fun anymore. Games aren't released with this many problems, Id much rather have a delayed game than one that faces this many issues.

Ngallo22
06-07-2017, 01:15 AM
It's been over 100 days, we've been plenty patient with minimal changes to the problems and in fact more seem to have piled on. Maybe the honey moon phase of this game wore off of me when S2 started and I'm noticing it more but I legitimately think the crashes are far more frequent than they were S1. The new heroes have changed the game in a way that's honestly just not fun anymore. Games aren't released with this many problems, Id much rather have a delayed game than one that faces this many issues.

I think the new heroes are in response to the turtle meta.

once that meta gets renovated in the next patch, the characters will be far more 'in tune' with the other heroes. this is why they havn't made any massive changes on heroes like the conq yet.

CandleInTheDark
06-07-2017, 01:27 AM
I've played it every day since I got it back in round one, so for somewhere around five months, not going to change whatever anyone else is doing.

psyminion
06-07-2017, 01:35 AM
srsly another f*cking 'protest' about a goddamm video game?

I hate the world.

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 01:38 AM
I think the new heroes are in response to the turtle meta.

once that meta gets renovated in the next patch, the characters will be far more 'in tune' with the other heroes. this is why they havn't made any massive changes on heroes like the conq yet.

But creating two characters that are the only ones capable of breaking the turtle meta isn't the answer and I would argue you have to turtle even harder against them. They both are highly rewarded against someone who is playing aggressively. Centurion has the highest light parry confirm in the game of 60 and 90 of he's by a wall. Two light parries will kill 6/13 heroes or if by a wall he can kill everyone with two gb/parries. The wall thing might not be confirmed with his recent nerf but I'm on console so can't test it yet. Shins kick is the perfect counter attack against someone who is on the offensive and it's safe the majority of the time if he whiffs it.

EDG_Avocado
06-07-2017, 03:01 AM
Honestly a game like this deserves a blackout from the community

XxHunterHxX
06-07-2017, 06:34 AM
2.0 Blackout? im in... maybe they'll put Servers in after it... everyone complains about disconnects and rage quits, and errors. Then Add dedicated servers, it'll fix host quits and rage quits for sure at least you'll be able to play a full game.

just coz people take a break for 1 day and the population is down to maybe 1000 coz not evrybody will do it that wont make ubi shove more money in to this project

server will never come to this game....

1. you need to code the game again for servers
2.you need to buy servers for europe/north america etc
3.they already have our money so never gona happen

guor6800
06-07-2017, 07:30 AM

When your whole community begs after the open beta not to release your alpha stage game yet and you ignore them. Still many thousands got aboard the train on launch but only to be leaving it a week or two. Connectivity and stability issues are alongside us since then. The exact same problems that appeared since closed beta.

Personally i am on a blackout since the launch of season 2. Bored of screaming for some balance issues only to get shin/cent as new players. You should pretty much give UB spam moves to all players and then we can have a proper spamfest in 4v4 modes.
Waiting to see what that "defense meta" patch will bring (if it will ever comes)

Gray360UK
06-07-2017, 09:54 AM
I've played it every day since I got it back in round one, so for somewhere around five months, not going to change whatever anyone else is doing.

This.

(except for that one week I was on holiday. Packing my console might not have gone down very well. Also, as it turned out, there was no interent where we stayed anyway).

Tillo.
06-07-2017, 12:29 PM
srsly another f*cking 'protest' about a goddamm video game?

I hate the world.

Jason Nelson:
"Protesters don't block traffic to gain your support. They do it so you can see what it feels like to be stuck in a powerless situation. How do you respond to this situation? Are you calm and peaceful? Do you want to spend years organizing political talks about it? Nope, you want to run those protesters over, kill them, kill them all. If you want to kill protesters who have you stuck in traffic, imagine what you would want to do to a system that patrols, harasses and kills you. The sooner you learn perspective the sooner you won't have to be stuck in traffic."

Yeah I hate the world too. Especially those ignorant intolerant fellows like you.

ONYX_x5
06-07-2017, 12:29 PM
I love seeing the people on here standing up for Ubisoft.

I know it's this but.

It's been this way for along time but.

I know they are going to fix it but.

If you feel Ubisoft has done a good job, then Rage on fellas! Speak out against ! Take action! Be passionate about what you know is not right.
Just like the people you are speaking out against. Might want cut back on the but though.

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Jason Nelson:
"Protesters don't block traffic to gain your support. They do it so you can see what it feels like to be stuck in a powerless situation. How do you respond to this situation? Are you calm and peaceful? Do you want to spend years organizing political talks about it? Nope, you want to run those protesters over, kill them, kill them all. If you want to kill protesters who have you stuck in traffic, imagine what you would want to do to a system that patrols, harasses and kills you. The sooner you learn perspective the sooner you won't have to be stuck in traffic."

Yeah I hate the world too. Especially those ignorant intolerant fellows like you.

So what it boils down to is "think what I think or I will make your day inconvenient." Sounds perfectly reasonable and progressive.

psyminion
06-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Jason Nelson:

LOL

dude you're talking about a video game (that you already purchased and IS being constantly improved, and the community IS being listened to) that isnt changing fast enough for an impatient, vocal SMALL minority of players.

protest something that MEANS something and perhaps you'll get some more support...
please please don't act like a video game protest is some noble cause, because on the scale of 'important world issues deserving of protest', dedicated servers for For Honor or whatever you people want is on the 'NOT important' list.

boo hoo.

Tillo.
06-07-2017, 03:49 PM
It's not being fixed, 95% of playerbase gone proves it.
Are you so dumb you can't see an analogy? I'll draw a picture for you: we've been scammed, refund denied, game not fixed, playerbase gone. We are powerless.

And it is not think what I think. You are alienated and you are living in a reality pictured by the 1%.

psyminion
06-07-2017, 04:06 PM
It's not being fixed, 95% of playerbase gone proves it.
Are you so dumb you can't see an analogy? I'll draw a picture for you: we've been scammed, refund denied, game not fixed, playerbase gone. We are powerless.

And it is not think what I think. You are alienated and you are living in a reality pictured by the 1%.

LOL

you know nothing about me.

it's ok tho, keep crying about a VIDEOGAME while oil companies keep raping the earth and net neutrality is being erased by global trade deals.

you're right, not playing a video game is totally gonna change the world, and worth people's time and attention...

lol

I'm out.
this is the last time I'll reply to you.
good luck with all your struggles buddy.

(PS4 is NOT a dead player-base, that also is a FACT)

Tillo.
06-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Haha, you are so dumb that you just agreed to my post and didn't even realise about it.
Hillarious.

salekr
06-07-2017, 08:35 PM
I think the new heroes are in response to the turtle meta. once that meta gets renovated in the next patch, the characters will be far more 'in tune' with the other heroes. this is why they havn't made any massive changes on heroes like the conq yet.

This is wrong on so many levels.

ISo instead of a blackout on 6/17, I am proposing, as a community, we give this game a second chance and actually PLAY THE GAME ON 6/17. just go on for a single hour.

If you can actually connect to Ubi servers and play a round without being kicked (error).

creating two characters that are the only ones capable of breaking the turtle meta isn't the answer and I would argue you have to turtle even harder against them.

Exactly! Centurion and Shinobi changed the game... but not in a good way.

ZUNniK.
06-07-2017, 09:17 PM
So Blackout in my opinion is a pretty stupid idea. It wont change anything and it will sure af wont help anything. if someones on 100% you cant force him to go 110%. Im pretty sure Devs working on 100%. But in the sate the game is actually there are too much problems. You have to go step by step. Game was released too early without proper testing. Release dates are often business decisions and in most of the companies Devs dont have much impact on that. many things can force those decisions and it could be the vivendi situation or something else. All The Devs can do now, is going step by step. They pretty sure wont want this game to die after years of hard work and passion they gave to it. (but nonetheless: the new chars had a bad moveset design. especially cent needs a rework in my opinion. hes not op but theres something wrong you can see it. but what on the other hand can you do... design was already finished ,so they throw him in to see how it worked. to eventually fix those things when they have data to rely on.)
so, whiteout? Why not, im in. But i dont think it will change something either. Nonetheless it would be a kind step from a at the moment so toxic community. perrhaps step by step from us too. into a better direction...

ShadowStepped
06-07-2017, 09:24 PM
.1% of the community is about all that is left

AndersenThree
06-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Fact #2 95% of the playerbase is gone due to fact #1 (balance, bugs, glitches can always be reworked)
End of line.

Lol, ah are you one of those constantly salty entitled players? I bet you are. Yea, not a....secondary mod account, whatever the hell that is.
Fact #1 Connectivity could be better; but....has gotten better since the beginning.
Fact #2 Yea, that's on Steam....which is not the majority of where players come from, so not really an accurate number.
Fact #3......Just did.
Fact #4 You're a ****
Fact #5 No one will miss you when you stop playing.

Shakti.
06-07-2017, 10:13 PM
This White thingy is actually nice

Tillo.
06-07-2017, 10:24 PM
http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-117356/player-count
http://steamcharts.com/app/304390

No you didn't. Keep trolling.

UbiNoty
06-08-2017, 12:21 AM
I can tell you that what you're seeing is only a piece of the puzzle, and compounding that, many of the public statistics you all are referencing do not accurately reflect true values. Just thought you should know.

Tillo.
06-08-2017, 03:45 AM
Aha, post your chart. Otherwise it is another one of your lies.

dj.unam
06-08-2017, 08:34 AM
If you get into GitHyps FAQ, which none of you has done, it says the following:

"Every hour, GitHyp collects player data from Steam and viewer data from Twitch."

So its Steam.
Full Stop.

Losing 95% of the 10-15% Playerbase Steam Resembles is remarkable in which case?

And just to mention (look at the Date of the article!):

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/for-honor-more-of-a-core-game-than-mass-market-ubi/1100-6434740/

In Resemblence to this:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/16/for-honor-was-the-best-selling-game-of-february-2017

So what the heck are you expecting?
Of course ****loads of players would leave, bcs for Honor just isnt their Game. Or its not the game theyd expect...
If I remember the constant posts about the "unlock all" problem at the beginning of the game...
That was just ridiculous...
Ofc all the "Centurion is OP i cant win" "Shinobi is OP i cant win" "NERF NERF NERF" Kids are going to leave...
We had the same stuff at the launch of the game with orochi you remember?
And guess what?
They are NOT a bit of a loss to the community!
Same to the connection problem ppl.

90% of the Players that get Constant Disconnects (f.e. 8-9 out of 10 games) are responsible for the lack of connection bcs they simply just dont know how to open up their ports, set up UPnP or are just poor guys that got a DSLite Connection which isnt behaving well in an P2P or Gaming Environment at all.
Simple as that.

Didnt you even realise, at the end of season 1 connection was way less of a problem.
And all of a sudden, when season two starts and all the casuals who want to play the new maps and characters come back, we get all the drops and disconnects back.
No coincidence for you here?
Go try again Sherlock!

Devs dont have a magical button to solve any issue at once.
And for me working in the IT Business, I can more than understand them how hard it is to resolve certain issues without opening the box of pandora on the other end...

And to make it clear once and for all:
DEDICATED SERVERS ARE NOT A SOLUTION IN FOR HONOR!
Bcs of the reaction time this game needs, it would make it nearly unplayable on dedicated Servers.
Remember the PK Problem on console bcs of fps lock?
We are talking in milliseconds here.
What do you think would happen if every Data Packet has to travel to a dedicated server at the other side of the country (or maybe not even in ur country...) and then back to 7 other ppl?
Just start informing and thinking ONCE!

To sum it up:

Ubisoft proved balls with releasing a complete new IP based on a complete new Network System (it ISNT classic P2P!) that has never been used before (or at least i dont know a game that used it).
Ofc. there will be problems.
So what?
If we as a playerbase keep behaving like u guys do and rip every developer apart for every mistake they do, EVERY Publisher/Developer will think twice about releasing a new IP.
And we as a gaming community keep stuck on Battlefield 100 and Call of Duty 235.
Is that the solution for all of you guys?
It just cant be!

Just start realising what ubisoft did to this game in 4 freakin months:

- Weekly Content for everyone
- Weekly Dev Stream with Q&A answering the majority of all the questions from the community
- steady balance changes without ripping the game apart and make it completely unplayable
- New Heroes
- New Maps
- Hotfixes (remember Warden 1 hit glitch? How fast did they fix this hm? 48 Hours?)

And much more.
And all of this was FREE FOR EVERYONE
No Paywall, no real money.
Just ingame currency which they even stacked us up on earning.

Sorry for the bad language but I cant stand this constant whining and complaining.
Learn to be patient.

For all those who will participate in the Blackout: (Sorry for the language again)

Shove your blackout up where the sun doesnt shine!
Leave the game and do everyone of the FH community a favor and NEVER EVER come back!

Thanks!

Cheers,

Unam

SoveriegnKing
06-08-2017, 10:09 AM
I can't stand this toxic crap anymore with you angry little kids anymore. For Honor is a compleatly new IP, brand new type of P2P system, and no other game that even comes close to being like it to look for any type of construct. All you do is whine and complain day in and day out because you aren't getting what you want RIGHT NOW. There is a game for you it's called "Press X to win!" Go play that and leave For Honor alone. I'm more than happy to give them all the time in they need to fix things, step by step, day by day. They are careful, it's slow but at least when they release hero balances and all it hardly ever breaks the game as a whole cause hey took their d@mn time and did it right. Though I'm honestly not sure why I'm bothering to write anything. Most of you who post this Toxic crap, whine, and complain are just trolls who beat their meat at getting an angry reaction out of people. So do us all a favor, grow the **** up or get the **** out!

Aarpian
06-08-2017, 10:37 AM
I can't stand this toxic crap anymore with you angry little kids anymore. For Honor is a compleatly new IP, brand new type of P2P system, and no other game that even comes close to being like it to look for any type of construct. All you do is whine and complain day in and day out because you aren't getting what you want RIGHT NOW. There is a game for you it's called "Press X to win!" Go play that and leave For Honor alone. I'm more than happy to give them all the time in they need to fix things, step by step, day by day. They are careful, it's slow but at least when they release hero balances and all it hardly ever breaks the game as a whole cause hey took their d@mn time and did it right. Though I'm honestly not sure why I'm bothering to write anything. Most of you who post this Toxic crap, whine, and complain are just trolls who beat their meat at getting an angry reaction out of people. So do us all a favor, grow the **** up or get the **** out!

You might have a point if people didn't pay a fairly large sum of money to play this game.

What frustrates me the most though, is how they could have fixed a gamut of meta & balance issues by just increasing the chip damage coefficient, something which is already in the game and just needs a 0.1 changed to a 0.35

Specialkha
06-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Just a thought, if 95% of players from steam have stop played, why should it be different for players on Uplay? Maybe less, maybe more, since Ubisoft removed the connect players numbers from social screens, we can't really know, but imo, if 95% of players from steam have left, more or less 95% of players from uplay did left as well. In both case, it is PC gamers, why should it be different?

On console, I think the fall is less severe, because there is less offers (steam sales or indie games), and usually, ppl sticks more often on games on console, even on crap games.

dj.unam
06-08-2017, 11:05 AM
You might have a point if people didn't pay a fairly large sum of money to play this game.

What frustrates me the most though, is how they could have fixed a gamut of meta & balance issues by just increasing the chip damage coefficient, something which is already in the game and just needs a 0.1 changed to a 0.35

You paid about 60€ or in my case 90€ for the game.
You got a disc or a digital copy.
You start the game, it works.
Whats ur problem then?

Balancing is an ongoing process which NEVER ends!
NEVER!

Look at league of legends for example.
They got more then 100 characters to play and not even 30% of them are played regularly.
They release frequent patches every month to balance the game and improve/nerf certain characters.
Still they got characters that arent frequently played in YEARS!

There will never be perfect balance.
And saying "Just increase chip damage" ist utter ********. Sorry.
Balancing is not that easy and im very glad that ubisoft doesnt hire ppl like you!

They tweak numbers, they test, they tweak again, they test internally again.
They even do community workshops with high lvl players/Streamers to hear out their opinion on future content.

Just give them time!

I want for Honor to go through season 5, 6 and even more!
Not to stop it after season 1 because they hestitate every balance patch just to statisfy you unpatient ppl...

Draghmar
06-08-2017, 11:10 AM
They even do community workshops with high lvl players/Streamers to hear out their opinion on future content.
Actually I think it's not the best idea. I think it's more PR stuff then proper focus testing.

dj.unam
06-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Just a thought, if 95% of players from steam have stop played, why should it be different for players on Uplay? Maybe less, maybe more, since Ubisoft removed the connect players numbers from social screens, we can't really know, but imo, if 95% of players from steam have left, more or less 95% of players from uplay did left as well. In both case, it is PC gamers, why should it be different?

On console, I think the fall is less severe, because there is less offers (steam sales or indie games), and usually, ppl sticks more often on games on console, even on crap games.

Bcs Steam offers Refunds for games you didnt play more than 2 hrs.
So you are a kid, buy FH, log on, get ur *** kicked, start another game, get disconnected bcs of ur ****ty internet setup and you refund the game.

Also most of the ppl that got the game via ubisoft, bought it with a discount.
As FH is not as "expensive" as on steam they are likely to "Endure" more... (dumb explanation sorry but you get the point)

And yes, the biggest community FH has is on consoles.
And console players tend to stick to games longer than PC Gamers do.
But this affects ANY game!

dj.unam
06-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Actually I think it's not the best idea. I think it's more PR stuff then proper focus testing.

Ofc. it is PR.
But if you watch how Ubi is behaving in Streams, communicating with the community.
Sorting out questions from reddit and the forums...
They even said they take the salty comments into account...

Which game does this?
Not even world of warcraft (which has a monthly fee!) delivers weekly content for everyone and a weekly stream with communication to the community...

And, to be honest, I'd always take the opinion of petemoo or endervex (which both won mutliple tournaments and play games competitively for years) over 99% of the opinions here on the forums or on reddit.

Specialkha
06-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Maybe because wow does not need weekly content to not lose its players? Just being sarcastic, but you should choose your exemple more carefully.

dj.unam
06-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Maybe because wow does not need weekly content to not lose its players? Just being sarcastic, but you should choose your exemple more carefully.

I get ur point but i Think the Example still fits.

WoW delivers a lot of content in single patches.

FH Delivers a little less content every week and with every season.

Difference is, you get ALL THE CONTENT in FH for 60€.
Yes you got to play to earn steel for the unlocks.
Still, its free.

WoW is 13€ per Month. Which is about 150€ per year (2x the cost of for honor)
Different gender for your Character? 10 Bucks.
Different Realm? 25 Bucks
I could go on and on...

The main content in FH is the competitive play against other ppl.
Which will be much more in focus when ranked and tournament mode are introduced.

And THATS my point!

I just say it again.
Be patient!

Specialkha
06-08-2017, 11:26 AM
And FH is around 50000 players tops, while Wow is several millions.

Draghmar
06-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Ofc. it is PR.
But if you watch how Ubi is behaving in Streams, communicating with the community.
Sorting out questions from reddit and the forums...
They even said they take the salty comments into account...

Which game does this?
Not even world of warcraft (which has a monthly fee!) delivers weekly content for everyone and a weekly stream with communication to the community...

And, to be honest, I'd always take the opinion of petemoo or endervex (which both won mutliple tournaments and play games competitively for years) over 99% of the opinions here on the forums or on reddit.
There are games that do that too. But I agree that it's great they doing this. I like to watch their streams even though not live because I can't.

But then I don't take anyone opinion for granted. We are all people that have some flaws here and there. With points of views different on different matter.

BTW Game costs to play and then it's free but remember that they focus on steel. That's where the updates are coming from. And I can give great example how that can be done if take WoW as a example: Guild Wars 2.

dj.unam
06-08-2017, 11:33 AM
And FH is around 50000 players tops, while Wow is several millions.

Bcs WoW can be played very casually.
FH has one of the highest learning curves i ever experienced.
It just isnt made for the mass market.

WoW wasnt like that always (played it for years straight) but i left as it got more and more casual friendly...

Gray360UK
06-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Bcs WoW can be played very casually.
FH has one of the highest learning curves i ever experienced.
It just isnt made for the mass market.

WoW wasnt like that always (played it for years straight) but i left as it got more and more casual friendly...

WoW is a totally different game though, you can spend all day riding around Ashenvale on a tiger, doing dailys, grinding for Gold, running instances, whatever ... and none of it even has to involve fighting against another player.

WoW has 100x more content in the first place, so % wise it's probably delivering about the same amount as For Honor does. But the games are really chalk and cheese.

dj.unam
06-08-2017, 11:37 AM
There are games that do that too. But I agree that it's great they doing this. I like to watch their streams even though not live because I can't.

But then I don't take anyone opinion for granted. We are all people that have some flaws here and there. With points of views different on different matter.

BTW Game costs to play and then it's free but remember that they focus on steel. That's where the updates are coming from. And I can give great example how that can be done if take WoW as a example: Guild Wars 2.

And thats why they are "Opninios" and not Rules set in Stones.
Just bcs the Streamers/Players say "its like this or like that" doesnt mean ubi hast to act into that direction.
But they do listen.
You cannot deny that!

Yeah ofc its focused on steel.
But you can unlock the stuff you want without spending any real money.
Havent played GW2 for ages. But as I remember, anything GW2 did, WoW did better.
And there were still Items that could just be bought with real money currency.
Which isnt the case in FH.

Still, you cant compare for Honor gameplaywise with any other game.
Simply bcs there is no other game like that!

dj.unam
06-08-2017, 11:40 AM
WoW is a totally different game though, you can spend all day riding around Ashenvale on a tiger, doing dailys, grinding for Gold, running instances, whatever ... and none of it even has to involve fighting against another player.

WoW has 100x more content in the first place, so % wise it's probably delivering about the same amount as For Honor does. But the games are really chalk and cheese.

Totally sign your opinion.
I still think you got the point i tried to elaborate with my example.

Draghmar
06-08-2017, 11:44 AM
And thats why they are "Opninios" and not Rules set in Stones.
Just bcs the Streamers/Players say "its like this or like that" doesnt mean ubi hast to act into that direction.
But they do listen.
You cannot deny that!
Yes, you're right. They do listen. Don't know how much actually (not PR things but trully) but the fact is they try.

Havent played GW2 for ages. But as I remember, anything GW2 did, WoW did better.
And there were still Items that could just be bought with real money currency.
Which isnt the case in FH.
I...can't...help...myself...argh...GW2 is and was better then WoW! Period! FlameWarrr! ;)
Disclaimer: I played GW1 for many years starting from betas and GW2 for many years starting from beta (I still play it). :P

Still, you cant compare for Honor gameplaywise with any other game.
Simply bcs there is no other game like that!
That's true. And I try not to that and even point that out if people tries that especially against games like MK o SF. You can at most try to compare some of the aspects but that would be flawed if not done correctly.

Hammelsneid
06-08-2017, 11:47 AM
I really didn't want to add my opinion here between this childish "I demand that Ubi has to do this and that", but in the end you got me.

First: To most of those ppl whining here: How many hours did you spend acutally playing the game and having fun, building up that passion (!) that leads you to such "great" ideas like prostesting? Can't imagine that you played the game 30 mins, got disconnected 20 times and then decided to rant like hell about it without even "knowing" the game. I know the "average playtime" of todays titles git raised way higher than it was a decade ago. But, still, there are pricely comparable titles, which lasted a fracture of the time most people spent on For Honor. And don't tell me that you enjoyed your 8h FPS for 60 bucks more than the most likely several hundrets of hours in For Honor, which you seem to hate because the game is sooo broken.

Second: For my (!) part I enjoy For Honor since open beta the way it is. Every day. Sometimes I surely did flame in front my computer about a unforunate disconnect, but hey, sh** happens and I'm still alive. No need to waste my energy by bothering hundrets of other players with my temporary anger. Next match turns out to work like a charm, all hate is gone. I must add here, that I really do NOT have serious connection issues. Maybe 1 of 10 or 15 matches actually crashes, nothing I didn't see in many other Multiplayer titles.

Third: Despite the general problems, which Ubisoft did a great job that far fixing and improving them, every rant about specific gameplay mechanics are imho optinal extras, which you think you have a right to demand for included in your full price paymet you payed 5 month ago after hundrets hours of playing.. ehm, yeah sure. I wouldn't say anything if you were suggesting your wishes, or open threads with constuctive criticism.. but since this forum existed almost every " extra wish" was thrown in Ubisoft's face with a ton of middlefingers on top accompanied by insults out of hell. Yep, that's the right thing to do and that's how you present youself in the public. Thumbs up aaaand facepalm.

Fourth: This game is NOT for everybody! If it's not your game (in terms of genre), then you have to adapt, not the game. You cant tell Call of Duty to become a game, that's not a military FPS with realistic guns. This game it kinda it's first of it's breed in that price class.. I know, Chivalry was similar, but not comparable imo. Let the game be the game, which it wants to be, which the players, who actually like it that way, want it to be and the developers ment it to be.

Fifth: No game, especially, no new game genre was born perfect out of nothing. The spent 5 years of development, and under no circumstances Ubi could forsee it's behaviour under full duty. Give the game's evolution time, it gets better, heck, it's so much better now than it was at launch. Or simply follow your actual way: "The game isn't the way I want it right after the start of a new breed of that genre, so lets piss off Ubi together, let's tell them how bad they are in what they are doing and most importantly let's spread that word all over the forums to entrain as many other people as possible to shut down that unplayable abomination once and for all and earse it from the earth countenance." Great job, the world would be such a better place without that game.. more FPSs and other stuff we were fed with for years, that's what we need. No fresh air in games, which takes time to establish itself in the first place. Kappa

Sixth: Imagine you are a creator of a product, which you just launched, and you know, you need to improve it here and there. Now imagine your "customers", which bought your product and who you are proud of to call them customers. No imagine them standing right in front of your door, with insulting signs, calling you the weirdest names in the most aggressive way. What would you think? Would you be happy for the "feedback"? Would you be over motivated to work more towards the goal to please all those "polite" people? I would NOT! Think about it. They are humans like you and me, they have not unlimited financial ressources they can spend to let hundrets of developers work on For Honor to "reinvent" the game, at least not if you want Ubisoft to exist longer and get more games from them. They have a right to and must survive themselves, everything else would be absolutely senseless.

Sorry for the long post.. but sometimes I can't stop myself. And no, I am no fanboy or Ubi employee, I'm just realistic and look somewhat behind the "I am a player and they are a developer"-meta.

dj.unam
06-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Yes, you're right. They do listen. Don't know how much actually (not PR things but trully) but the fact is they try.

Exactly well see how FH is evolving in the future.
Not listening to the community can be a good thing too (Hello Counterguardbreak...)

I...can't...help...myself...argh...GW2 is and was better then WoW! Period! FlameWarrr! ;)
Disclaimer: I played GW1 for many years starting from betas and GW2 for many years starting from beta (I still play it). :P

Just my opinion ;)
Never really got into GW2 bcs i was so focused on WoW.
Maybe if I started the other way around, I would be on your side.
Well never find out :P

That's true. And I try not to that and even point that out if people tries that especially against games like MK o SF. You can at most try to compare some of the aspects but that would be flawed if not done correctly.

Yeah right.
And im very glad that Ubi did that step and produced and released this new IP!

SnugglesIV
06-08-2017, 11:49 AM

"Every hour, GitHyp collects player data from Steam and viewer data from Twitch."

So its Steam.
Full Stop.

Losing 95% of the 10-15% Playerbase Steam Resembles is remarkable in which case?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/for-honor-more-of-a-core-game-than-mass-market-ubi/1100-6434740/

In Resemblence to this:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/16/for-honor-was-the-best-selling-game-of-february-2017

Of course ****loads of players would leave, bcs for Honor just isnt their Game. Or its not the game theyd expect...
If I remember the constant posts about the "unlock all" problem at the beginning of the game...
Ofc all the "Centurion is OP i cant win" "Shinobi is OP i cant win" "NERF NERF NERF" Kids are going to leave...
And guess what?

90% of the Players that get Constant Disconnects (f.e. 8-9 out of 10 games) are responsible for the lack of connection bcs they simply just dont know how to open up their ports, set up UPnP or are just poor guys that got a DSLite Connection which isnt behaving well in an P2P or Gaming Environment at all.
Simple as that.

Didnt you even realise, at the end of season 1 connection was way less of a problem.
And all of a sudden, when season two starts and all the casuals who want to play the new maps and characters come back, we get all the drops and disconnects back.
Go try again Sherlock!

And for me working in the IT Business, I can more than understand them how hard it is to resolve certain issues without opening the box of pandora on the other end...

Bcs of the reaction time this game needs, it would make it nearly unplayable on dedicated Servers.
What do you think would happen if every Data Packet has to travel to a dedicated server at the other side of the country (or maybe not even in ur country...) and then back to 7 other ppl?

To sum it up:

Ubisoft proved balls with releasing a complete new IP based on a complete new Network System (it ISNT classic P2P!) that has never been used before (or at least i dont know a game that used it).
So what?
If we as a playerbase keep behaving like u guys do and rip every developer apart for every mistake they do, EVERY Publisher/Developer will think twice about releasing a new IP.
And we as a gaming community keep stuck on Battlefield 100 and Call of Duty 235.
It just cant be!

- Weekly Dev Stream with Q&A answering the majority of all the questions from the community
- steady balance changes without ripping the game apart and make it completely unplayable
- New Heroes
- New Maps
- Hotfixes (remember Warden 1 hit glitch? How fast did they fix this hm? 48 Hours?)

And much more.

Sorry for the bad language but I cant stand this constant whining and complaining.
Learn to be patient.

For all those who will participate in the Blackout: (Sorry for the language again)

Leave the game and do everyone of the FH community a favor and NEVER EVER come back!

Thanks!

Cheers,

Unam

That's nice and all... except Steam represents closer to 50% of all purchases of For Honor, and on Feb 21st, it was 54% of all people PLAYING For Honor, quoted from here http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-player-and-viewer-count-launch-numbers/ (and before you ask, this was calculated by accessing the concurrent players in For Honor's in-game social menu). Losing 95% of what was your majority playerbase for PC is a pretty big problem my dude. Even if the WHOLE Uplay community stayed with the game (which is unlikely at best), For Honor is still in dire straits. That kind of drop in playerbase is The Division levels of bad. Sure, they can come back from this just like how The Division came back after all the base issues were fixed and new content was released, but it is certainly an uphill battle with the massive connectivity issues that dogged the game. Whether or not they still exist, it will be hard to convince people to come back and give the game another try for that reason alone.

PS. It's funny that you think game sales at release is a good indication of the longevity of the game/playerbase. The Division did exactly the same thing and it was in a state of crisis shortly after. What matters is retaining players, not the raw sales of the game (especially if you want to market micro transactions and DLCs).

Draghmar
06-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Sorry for the long post.. but sometimes I can't stop myself. And no, I am no fanboy or Ubi employee, I'm just realistic and look somewhat behind the "I am a player and they are a developer"-meta.
I'd like to add something for you to consider. There was a time when disconnects were common thing. I remember that not long ago on 10 matches I could finish 1-2 if I was lucky. And each of this match costs my time being matchmaking or the match itself. I know that not everyone had issues like that but I know that many had it. I don't know what is the overall status right now. Mine improved to the level that I can accept - dc's are happening but not very often. But if still there those who have this on the same level as before I can understand their frustration because they could not play game as they like to.
And I didn't wrote this to bash your post. I'd like to point out that it's not that simple to judge everyone the same way.

ViciousOphidian
06-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Go in a game.
CTRL + SHIFT + ESC --> Performance --> Open Resource Monitor --> Network --> [check] For Honor --> look at TCP connections latency.

P.S. LET'S DO THE WHITEOUT THINGY !

Aarpian
06-08-2017, 12:28 PM
You paid about 60€ or in my case 90€ for the game.
You got a disc or a digital copy.
You start the game, it works.
Whats ur problem then?

Balancing is an ongoing process which NEVER ends!
NEVER!

Look at league of legends for example.
They got more then 100 characters to play and not even 30% of them are played regularly.
They release frequent patches every month to balance the game and improve/nerf certain characters.
Still they got characters that arent frequently played in YEARS!

There will never be perfect balance.
And saying "Just increase chip damage" ist utter ********. Sorry.
Balancing is not that easy and im very glad that ubisoft doesnt hire ppl like you!

They tweak numbers, they test, they tweak again, they test internally again.

Just give them time!

I want for Honor to go through season 5, 6 and even more!
Not to stop it after season 1 because they hestitate every balance patch just to statisfy you unpatient ppl...

I don't buy a game for it "to work", I buy it to have fun. If I bought a new car, and it frequently broke down and didn't live up to performance that it was meant to, do you think I would or should be denied a refund because "You start the car, it works"? For the record, I don't personally feel entitled to a refund, because I bought the game and had fun with it for a good few hours. I don't think I got scammed, but I am extremely disappointed that steps haven't been taken to keep the game in a healthy and fun state, and that is solely because I loved this game and I want to have fun with it again like I used to.

Balancing is an ongoing process which never ends, you're right, but the point is you continually refine the balance so that things are closer to perfect. You don't decide not to fix 90% of the balance issues because the game would still be unbalanced - it's not a binary process where the game is either balanced or not.
I don't expect Ubi to perfectly balance the game, nor do I expect them to balance it overnight, but we've had the same, persistent balance issues since before the game even released, and all the feedback was given to Ubi. They are majorly dragging their feet, and when the players can tell the developers more about the balance of their game with a few hours of play time than they already know, that's indicative of a major problem.

Besides, chip damage increase is much less about balance and a lot more about the sort of playstyles that become optimal. Chip damage encourages aggression and tilts the risk/reward ratio away from defence. If it were in the game in any reasonable amount, Kensei, Berserker, Nobushi and Shugoki wouldn't be unplayable garbage because they would have offensive options. Whether or not they'd be balanced is another matter entirely.

And yes, balancing IS that easy. This is a simple game with shallow mechanics, 90% of which are relevant to every character. League is a huge game with a complicated meta and, with 100 characters, has 75287520 different possible team compositions - and it's STILL better balanced than For Honor.
And I know every one of those players who went to the community workshops. They took my feedback with them, and we have all been saying exactly the same things since before the game even launched - Nerf parries, increase chip damage. We all agreed Shugoki was broken. We all agreed Warlord was (and still is) broken. We all agreed PK was (and still is) broken. We all agreed Shinobi is broken. There has been near 100% consensus on every single balance issue at the top level since before the game even launched, but here we are 4 months later with almost all the same problems, and the easiest and most important changes still haven't been made.

I'm done giving them time. I was done giving them time when they launched the game - we had 2 tech tests, an alpha test and 2 beta tests, and this crap still made it to launch.

Hammelsneid
06-08-2017, 12:44 PM
I'd like to add something for you to consider. There was a time when disconnects were common thing. I remember that not long ago on 10 matches I could finish 1-2 if I was lucky. And each of this match costs my time being matchmaking or the match itself. I know that not everyone had issues like that but I know that many had it. I don't know what is the overall status right now. Mine improved to the level that I can accept - dc's are happening but not very often. But if still there those who have this on the same level as before I can understand their frustration because they could not play game as they like to.
And I didn't wrote this to bash your post. I'd like to point out that it's not that simple to judge everyone the same way.

Thanks for your comment. And yes, I was also affected in the first weeks. Many matches crashed, but as I wrote, I never felt it that way, others described it that time. That's why I wrote, that I seem not to have that connection issues others have. But I often read, that after season 2 it got worse for some plaers connection wise. That's the only thing I can't say that much about. I got a somewhat stable internet connection, I menaged my NAT to green with almost no effort and the rest did Ubi.. since then it works far better I enjoy the game even more than in my worse connection times.

Hammelsneid
06-08-2017, 12:49 PM
And yes, balancing IS that easy. This is a simple game with shallow mechanics, 90% of which are relevant to every character. League is a huge game with a complicated meta and, with 100 characters, has 75287520 different possible team compositions - and it's STILL better balanced than For Honor.

LOL is how old? about 8 years? That sums up to more than 18 times longer existance to public than For Honor.. great comparison regarding balancing and content (mini kappa)..

XxHunterHxX
06-08-2017, 12:52 PM
who cares relly ?

Hammelsneid
06-08-2017, 01:01 PM
who cares relly ?

You're right. I shouldn't care about all those negative protest hate posts, in fact I don't care for them at all. But what I care about is, that the majority of satified customers is the silent one, who rather plays the game than planning protest-events, and the devs only get to read the negative and insulting stuff.

Draghmar
06-08-2017, 01:13 PM
[...] the majority of satified customers is the silent one, who rather plays the game than planning protest-events[...]
They probably know about that too. ;)

rossato2109
06-08-2017, 01:42 PM
I can tell you that what you're seeing is only a piece of the puzzle, and compounding that, many of the public statistics you all are referencing do not accurately reflect true values. Just thought you should know.

Go to Xbox one and try to find a skirmish or elimination on South America region. Go on, let us know when you get a match. Ah, try some matches versus AI with matchmaking on too! Let us know how many weeks it will take for you to find a match.

Tillo.
06-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Still waiting for ubi's chart.
Ah, another lie, oh well.

Capoupacap
06-08-2017, 03:37 PM
I respect the idea of a white out but you guy has to understand that Ubisoft policy has to be attacked aggressively. The FH situation is not solo and has been see in other game.

Just show me the idea to play a game, even if we all love it, when it has been voluntary release in a non viable condition.

By playing it you just show to this editor that you accept his business plan and will continue paying for it.

This has to stop

Do the blackout or if you do the white one put a ! on your white emblem to show ubisoft it's a real warning.

Don't buy their game until player testing website has report their game to be a viable experience, report your experience on any website

AndersenThree
06-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Aha, post your chart. Otherwise it is another one of your lies.

Lol, The devs could unlock all gear, max all your characters to 30, give you unlimited revenge mode; and the warden one hit kill and you still wouldn't be happy you entitled, whining 12 year old. Good job posting Steam stats......which I already debunked...lol. This is worse than arguing with an SJW.

Aarpian
06-08-2017, 04:15 PM
LOL is how old? about 8 years? That sums up to more than 18 times longer existance to public than For Honor.. great comparison regarding balancing and content (mini kappa)..

It's also orders of magnitude more complex and is better balanced. For Honor has 1001 possible team compositions, compared to League's 75287520 (and that's not even accounting for different roles, which would take it up to 9034502400, which doesn't account for different builds either).

Y_Shrewditch
06-08-2017, 04:29 PM
By playing it you just show to this editor that you accept his business plan and will continue paying for it.

This has to stop

What is it that makes you feel so entitled to have the gaming experience exactly the way you want? Having bought a license to play the game is a totally different concept that actually owning the game.

There have been many suggestion that would magically insta-fix all the wrongs of this game, and from the sounds of it, create Worlwide peace as an added bonus. Chipdamage, no chipdamage, 50/50's, no 50/50's, leaver penalties and no leaver penalties.

Tell me, which one of these need to be implemented?

Have the devs rushed an incomplete and buggy game to release? Maybe, but I can't recall any games of the last decade that came out that did not need a serious patching afterwards. And most, if not all, online games are continuously patched and rebalanced.
Are they addressing the problems? Yes they are, they may not be to everyone's liking and time-table (mine included), but they are working on it and have made considerable improvements.

So what exactly are you trying to punish here? Their efforts at actually trying to improve your gaming experience, or your inability to accept that the game is not (yet) to your standards?

All this humbug against the 'big bad corporation' that don't deliver what you have a right to is just narcissistic babble. And while you may have had legitimate concerns, all that is lost in the self-grandizing posturing of 'sticking it to The Man'.

The devs spent over 5 years developing this game, I'm sure they'll get over our disappointment of not getting all that we ever imaged to have wanted from their amazing game right this instant. As I'm sure I'll get over it too.

Aarpian
06-08-2017, 04:51 PM
So what exactly are you trying to punish here?

Business practices that allow companies to release buggy, horrendously balanced games that are not fit for release and get away with it.

For Honor should not have released in the state that it did, and it should certainly have been fixed by now. Gone are the days of game studios being run by people who are actually passionate about games - it's all suits looking for anything that affects the bottom line, and they won't give a **** unless people make themselves heard.

Tillo.
06-08-2017, 04:53 PM
You didn't debunk a thing dude.
This game has long matchmaking queues, matchmaking errors sending you back to main menu, PAUSES, synch errors, people teleporting around, killing someone pause desynch then you get killed, game crashes without getting rewards. Lying moderators in their forums, support doing NOTHING. All for a full AAA price tag.
I dare you to find a positive For Honor game review. It's you who is 12 and can't see the facts.

Aarpian
06-08-2017, 04:57 PM
You didn't debunk a thing dude.
This game has long matchmaking queues, matchmaking errors sending you back to main menu, PAUSES, synch errors, people teleporting around, killing someone pause desynch then you get killed, game crashes without getting rewards. Lying moderators in their forums, support doing NOTHING. All for a full AAA price tag.
I dare you to find a positive For Honor game review. It's you who is 12 and can't see the facts.

The moderators don't lie. To give credit where it's due, they're actually pretty good at their job.

Tillo.
06-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Yes the do, constantly. They are always dodging questions and providing 0 facts as well.

DeLatv
06-08-2017, 05:00 PM
4 months after game release, and still is a terrible buggy unballanced mess, and people say blackout is uncalled for?

in 4 months only 3% of playerbase stayed? People are trying to tell me devs are doing theyr best? If so they are ****ty devs, and i dont blame them... I would be a ****ty dev working for ubi**** too.

Capoupacap
06-08-2017, 05:14 PM

The only piece of the puzzle your community has to care about is if there are happy with Ubisoft service or not. Period!

EDG_Avocado
06-08-2017, 06:27 PM

So its Steam.
Full Stop.

In Resemblence to this:

And guess what?

Simple as that.

Go try again Sherlock!

To sum it up:

So what?
It just cant be!

- New Heroes
- New Maps

And much more.

Learn to be patient.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Unam
steam has way more than 15-20% of For Honor's PC playerbase lmao. Game is dead as it feels like, no need to lie anymore

salekr
06-18-2017, 08:24 PM

Any news on what happened yesterday?

My immediate response was:

If you can actually connect to Ubi servers and play a round without being kicked (error).

Now I feel like Nostradamus:nonchalance:

ZUNniK.
06-18-2017, 09:48 PM
It was a huge fail. Have to say it that harsh.
Saltier than ever ( could be because it was the weekend..), disconnect after disconnect. Gangrapes. Huge Gangrapes. Before i wanted to stay for a 8h session and enjoy saturday and make this whiteout count. couldnt hold it much longer than 2h. And honestly, it was the first moment when i was thinking about actually quitting this game.(im in since beta on ps4 and on Pc later aswell) I was really disgusted with all of that.

But now im like, naaah. Experinced so much bs with this game, now its really a kind of Love/Hate. Wanna stick with it. FFS at least for a while :) Wanna see that Ronin and wanna see the game developing and finally suceed.
Hope Ubi dont disappoint me and many other players who choose to stay and support. Its about time ...counting on you.

Ngallo22
06-18-2017, 10:07 PM
Any news on what happened yesterday?

My immediate response was:

Now I feel like Nostradamus:nonchalance:

Now I feel like Nostradamus:nonchalance:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looking at the responses from reddit and this forum, not many people believed it went as successfully as many hoped.

Disconnects, especially with the broken rewards for XB1, seemed to be the major culprits.

Not sure on actual data though, i'd love to see what the #s are for whether or not the game saw an increase in activity.

Ngallo22
06-18-2017, 10:12 PM
It was a huge fail. Have to say it that harsh.
Saltier than ever ( could be because it was the weekend..), disconnect after disconnect. Gangrapes. Huge Gangrapes. Before i wanted to stay for a 8h session and enjoy saturday and make this whiteout count. couldnt hold it much longer than 2h. And honestly, it was the first moment when i was thinking about actually quitting this game.(im in since beta on ps4 and on Pc later aswell) I was really disgusted with all of that.

But now im like, naaah. Experinced so much bs with this game, now its really a kind of Love/Hate. Wanna stick with it. FFS at least for a while :) Wanna see that Ronin and wanna see the game developing and finally suceed.
Hope Ubi dont disappoint me and many other players who choose to stay and support. Its about time ...counting on you.

I wouldn't be quick to say "huge fail" without any clear #s on the day. but I will admit that it was not received well after the disconnects and XB1 issues with the rewards.

I do love playing this game, however this is almost the definition of the Ubi-community issues that plague this game.

Maybe we can call for our $ back when this becomes a F2P because that's the direction I feel this game is headed.

ZUNniK.
06-18-2017, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't be quick to say "huge fail" without any clear #s on the day. but I will admit that it was not received well after the disconnects and XB1 issues with the rewards.

I do love playing this game, however this is almost the definition of the Ubi-community issues that plague this game.

Maybe we can call for our $ back when this becomes a F2P because that's the direction I feel this game is headed.

Sry, I meant a huge fail for me. i was really looking forward for that... would be interesting how much it was a difference in player# to 'normal' days.

Gray360UK
06-18-2017, 10:18 PM
Experience so much bs with this game, now its really a kind of Love/Hate. Wanna stick with it. FFS at least for a while :)

I have a pet theory that most of the dedicated people left playing For Honor have something that other players just don't have. Unnatural levels of stubborness. An innate refusal to give up. A grim determination to squeeze just one ounce of pleasure out of something no matter how much suffering they have to endure to do so. Masochists basically ;)

ZUNniK.
06-18-2017, 10:20 PM
I have a pet theory that most of the dedicated people left playing For Honor have something that other players just don't have. Unnatural levels of stubborness. An innate refusal to give up. A grim determination to squeeze just one ounce of pleasure out of something no matter how much suffering they have to endure to do so. Masochists basically ;)

Somestimes i feel like that ye :D especially after some rounds of Dominion nowadays

XxHunterHxX
06-18-2017, 10:46 PM

Spank me lol

Sh1neSp4rk
06-19-2017, 12:04 AM
End of line.

You can't just say something is a fact without providing evidence. If you take a look at the population curve for the game it's pretty normal for a fighting game which this absolutely is. I think most people didn't have any idea what they were getting when they started playing For Honor (me included), most lost a lot and bailed because they can't stand to lose. I was amazed to find an absolutely fantastic fighting game and I still love playing it and recommend it to any of my friends who don't yet own it.

Tillo.
06-19-2017, 12:12 AM
Google For Honor playerbase. Try to a find a positive For Honor review.
Troll.

Sh1neSp4rk
06-19-2017, 01:07 AM
Google For Honor playerbase. Try to a find a positive For Honor review.
Troll.

Implying that lack of positive reviews is evidence for your claims isn't reasonable. Again you're welcome to look at the numbers yourself and then compare them to other fighting games. Revelator lost 80% of it's players within 3 months of launch, Mortal Kombat X launched with about 15k players and now can't even manage 2k, Street Figher V also 15k and now peaking and just over 1k. Tekken 7 just released and they're already down to half the players they started with (19k to 10k). This is totally common for fighting games, For Honor wasn't being presented in the same light and as such there was a huge number of people buying a game thinking they were going to get something that didn't demand of them the time investment and skill involved in that type of game. Let's not also forget that beyond even that we're looking at a fighting game that aims pretty high and tries to give the more traditional games a wide berth. Of course it would have been great to see For Honor hold the numbers it started with but it's certainly not a worse game because it didn't (nor should anyone have expected it to) Then on top of that you've got the plethora of people who don't understand the differences between a game like this and your standard competitive shooter. These people just see P2P and fly off the handle without even trying to investigate and every other mad player follows suit.

I'm not suggesting that For Honor doesn't have it's own problems, every game does. I'm suggesting that you're trying to paint something as objectively factual with no substantial evidence when the true nature of what's going on is in reality far more complex. Also it's really not that hard to find positive reviews for For Honor, it's a pretty fantastic game.

Tillo.
06-19-2017, 02:45 AM
Those games don't crash wasting your time.
Troll.

slytherin123
06-19-2017, 03:02 AM
First off, right now For Honor is my favorite game to play. Yes, getting dropped does suck and on Whiteout Saturday there were some instances where I did not get my rewards. So what. For me, I thoroughly enjoy the game and when I get an unexpected kill, it's exciting. I know that there are people that gripe when their favorite classes get nerfed or when a class they aren't playing is OP in their opinion, but that has gone on since the start of PvP games. Yeah, the game has some issues, but there are no real issues other than being dropped from the game due to the P2P system they set up. For the most part, For Honor is a GREAT game. Yeah, most of the issues that are in the game can be solved by adding dedicated servers IMHO. I've no clue if Ubisoft is going to add in dedicated servers, but for now I plan to keep playing For Honor for some time. I'm also looking forward to playing Skull and Bones and I hear that game has dedicated servers.

tbtsrjc
06-19-2017, 03:11 AM

I bet every fanboy and gullible player gobbled this up like cobbler.

Sh1neSp4rk
06-19-2017, 03:44 AM
Those games don't crash wasting your time.
Troll.

It's exactly this kind of completely dismissive response that illustrates the problem with the mindset of a lot of players. I'm not sure you've actually read or even considered the points I've made. This is the same problem we see with players who assume everyone who beats them is clearly cheating and refuse to accept any evidence to the contrary. Furthermore suggesting I'm a troll and as such what I say has no merit and can be ignored is not only intentionally offensive but is directly in opposition to having any kind of message board like this. You're trying to have a place to shout your views and try to put down anyone who might not share your view. While it's sad that this kind of thing seems to happen more and more I'm encouraged that seems still to only be the attitude of a vocal minority.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "Those games don't crash wasting your time". I'm not sure if you're saying that they don't crash which would waste a players time or that they don't crash and I'm wasting my time trying to present information to you. Regardless them working flawlessly or being completely broken doesn't really change the fact that they've all lost huge numbers of players just like For Honor. If anything them not having problems and still losing those numbers only strengthens my argument that For Honor losing it's numbers doesn't have nearly as much to do with it's problems as it does with the fact that it's simply a fighting game and it's numbers are likely to fall in line with those of it's contemporaries.

I would appreciate if next time you would extend to me the same courtesy that I'm extending you, which is to that consider the views expressed and try not to dismiss them simply because they don't align with your own. It might also be a nice gesture if you refrained from namecalling as that really does nothing to serve the discussion.

tbtsrjc
06-19-2017, 03:54 AM
Fact: For Honor has had connection problems since its alpha and beta stages.

Fact: They launched a game loaded full of bugs and exploits.

Fact: They've patched this game with more comestics/executions/emotes than they've implemented fixes, whose solutions have been negligible and or short lived.

Fact: The game is on life support, and only a small fraction of the population remains.

Opinion: This game will not recover and will be dead by the end of the year.

teamspirit1
06-19-2017, 04:14 AM
[QUOTE=tbtsrjc;12721435]Fact: For Honor has had connection problems since its alpha and beta stages.

Fact: They launched a game loaded full of bugs and exploits.

Fact: They've patched this game with more comestics/executions/emotes than they've implemented fixes, whose solutions have been negligible and or short lived.

Fact: The game is on life support, and only a small fraction of the population remains.

Opinion: This game will not recover and will be dead by the end of the year.[/QUOTE/]

i am inclined to agree with your opinion.for honor is the game i was waiting for.i want to play this game for a long time.but constant connectivity issues making me sick.today i disconnected 11 times with error 0006000037 and wasted entire hour just to play the game.this game is plagued with connectivity issues right from start and devs have been saying that they are working to resolve these issues.but after four months, i have lost faith in the people working on connectivity issues.i am not sure whether they have found the problem for these issues or whether theses issues are resolvable at all.just look at join in progress patch.they had to withdraw it 3 times.i fear connectivity issues will not be resolved in future.its sad.

Tillo.
06-19-2017, 04:48 AM
I won't stop calling you troll because that is what you are.
I have posted steam charts proving 95% of the playerbase is gone. UbiNoty told the forum community "that chart is not accurate". We asked him to show Ubisoft's chart, he never replied back. Classic mercernary behaviour.
Soon™ all over the forums.
My friends and I rarely can finish a match. We play 4v4 modes because we like playing in a group, which is almost impossible in this game due to constant dc. Now, we can't leave the match, when me or one of our friends gets kicked thanks to the cheapest netcode ever written, to group up again and start a new match thanks to the leaver penalty.
Why on Earth would I recommend this game to a friend? Why would I do something that will harm him/her?? This game is broken.
We love this game and we did our best to keep it running but the disconnections have gone way out of control. It is so frustrating to waste our time without getting rewards, then come to the forums to be lied to, treated by fools. Same story with support.

Therefore, you are a troll.
Good bye.

Sh1neSp4rk
06-19-2017, 06:31 AM
I won't stop calling you troll because that is what you are...
...Therefore, you are a troll.
Good bye.

Well admittedly my numbers presented aren't entirely accurate I'm also going with Steam numbers as that all I have easy access to. I don't have numbers for people playing on console or those that aren't playing through steam. It's totally possible that my numbers aren't actually representative of the state of things however it at least gives us both a common ground from which to start which is good. I can understand the frustration that one would have not getting data points as it does mean all of us are crawling in the dark a lot of the time. That's not to say though that we can't make reasonable arguments and logical conclusions, it just makes that they may be supported by ground that's a bit less stable. I certainly wouldn't be mad if Ubisoft (and most developers for that matter) were more open with the metrics they have. Unfortunately for us it's not quite so simple aggregating data into something so digestible by the masses, even just interpreting data is more work than most are willing to commit. That being said it's totally understandable (if frustrating) that they wouldn't just dump all the raw data, and if this conversation is indicative of the response it's fair for them to assume anything they produce would be labeled as a fabrication.

Unfortunately what you've done here is again provide no real argument or point, you've given me an anecdote and again resorted to ad hominem attacks. I've made no suggestion that you recommend the games to friends or even that you should enjoy the game. I've only given you hard data points (actual facts) and then presented you a hypothesis which is supported by my arguments and tracks logically. You've yet to counter anything I've said beyond the aforementioned name calling and now completely changing the topic to a story about trying to play with your friends. None of that can even be considered an argument, you're clearly upset and feel the need to lash out but I truly don't know your end goal. From your statements I'm not even sure why you're still here. This goes back to my earlier comment about the problems with players being overly dismissive of things that don't fall in line with their own view. Players don't improve when they assume everyone who's beating them is a cheater, they don't need to. When you dismiss an opposing view as you have or assume a opposing information to be lies you're doing little more than covering your ears and raising your voice and refusing to be better.

Tillo.
06-19-2017, 06:45 AM
Yeah it's totally normal to have pauses on a 2017 title.

duplexlion1
06-19-2017, 09:10 AM

It's that or they're people like me that only get a few hours on the weekends to play so we haven't run into the **** parts often enough to throw in the towel.

Celeste_aer
06-19-2017, 11:03 AM
June 19th... once again servers are bugged no reawards. For 4 months there has not been the slightest improvement just NOTHING.. at the beginning the idea was good. But what ubi did with this game is a shame. Nothing is fixed... even when the last of the community creates an event like the whiteout... it bugs!!!! Im no dev or i don't know much about technical things but what i know is that many great games from other studios do NOT have those problems. This game dies and it deserves to. It could have been a really great game i hoped it would be i hung on but... ubi devs are just bad. Perhaps they tried to improve bit the result is an epic fail like so many games they recently did. Im really sad for them having great ideas and wasting them so badly with games so poor.

salekr
06-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Yeah, looking at the responses from reddit and this forum, not many people believed it went as successfully as many hoped. Disconnects, especially with the broken rewards for XB1, seemed to be the major culprits. Not sure on actual data though, i'd love to see what the #s are for whether or not the game saw an increase in activity.

What did you expect?
I knew this would happen.

Ubisoft BLACKOUT vs players WHITEOUT.