PDA

View Full Version : @Ubisoft From 50000 players, to 1900-2000 players (PC STEAM) SOLUTION

AzureSky.
06-06-2017, 06:32 PM
The game already lose almost all of the player base on pc, we always play vs the same players and the matchmatching only works in Dominion mode and 1vs1 modes since the other modes give you a clear matchmatching error searching for long time (the error the game gives you when no players are playing it) + all of that with the new error code 6000137 that some players make (since they play with bad nets with red connection and makes the game unstable) and you have the formula to disaster.

Its really sad that a game with so much potential got screwed up because of bad netcode management and greedy in game economy, but i have a solution to the problem, its a bit drastic but its the only last hope you Ubisoft have to MAKE THIS GAME GREAT AGAIN! tm.

First of all you need to make a new patch of netcode improvements, little or major but something, then make a free to play weekend with disccounts to purchasing the game, i think it would be prudent to make them before the steam sales since in that time people will just buy another games since this has such a bad reputation (for the connectivity and greedy economy) so you need to make it happen before that.

If you want to make money with this you can make a "basic features" buy (kind of like the rainbow six one) that only gives you all the 3 vanguards and you have to buy the other heros for 5000 steel (so you can still make money and dont lose all of it with the disccount, that also makes money because if it works you get more buyers = more total money than 60$ for just a few players)

If you dont make this changes the future of this game would be very grimm, yesterday it had a 1600 peak players and that is really low taking in mind that is divided by the countrys and then the specific region people play.

Blasto95
06-06-2017, 06:42 PM
I dont understand how packaging all the original heroes for a lesser steel amount would be beneficial? Its extremely cheap to buy those heroes just earning in game steel. And you can still play any of the original heroes in any game mode.

Ive played the game since the Alpha. Ive only unlocked PK, Orochi, Lawbringer, Shugoki, and Centurion. Ive tried every hero. Even have a few close to level 10 or so and ive never unlocked them since you dont need to really.

The connection issues for sure need to be fixed. And that has been addressed probably a thousand times on this forum. Not much has been done, so a thousand and one is always welcome.

Gray360UK
06-06-2017, 06:46 PM
I dont understand how packaging all the original heroes for a lesser steel amount would be beneficial? Its extremely cheap to buy those heroes just earning in game steel. And you can still play any of the original heroes in any game mode.

I think he means selling the game for a budget price with those 3 heroes already unlocked, like the starter edition versions that some games have. Low cost, easy entry game version with small initial investment required. One step before F2P in other words.

Blasto95
06-06-2017, 06:52 PM
I think he means selling the game for a budget price with those 3 heroes already unlocked, like the starter edition versions that some games have. Low cost, easy entry game version with small initial investment required. One step before F2P in other words.

Ahhh ok my misunderstanding. Not an awful idea, but I dont think it would be a difference maker in their profits or bring enough people in/back

AzureSky.
06-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Ahhh ok my misunderstanding. Not an awful idea, but I dont think it would be a difference maker in their profits or bring enough people in/back

Its a disccount after a free to play weekend (so we get more players that dont risk paying for a game with bad connection, so making it free to play for that limited time could make them change their impression of the game) this way we get more players (what we need) also this could be implemented on console, not just pc for a overall increase of players.

TheLastPandaa
06-06-2017, 07:10 PM
I think this game has more than 36k active players only on ps4. How do i know this? On the last event i just made one duel match and i ended the +- the 36,200 so i asume that on ps4 it must be arount 36k-40k active players. That sounds good to me.

Blasto95
06-06-2017, 07:32 PM
I think this game has more than 36k active players only on ps4. How do i know this? On the last event i just made one duel match and i ended the +- the 36,200 so i asume that on ps4 it must be arount 36k-40k active players. That sounds good to me.

Did you happen to look up the top players for that event? to make sure that everyone was a PS4 user? Its possible that they combined all of the leader boards. Or maybe you misread 3,600 as 36,000? I just find it hard to believe that there are almost 40k players on PS4 yet PC struggles to hit 4k.

And well, as ****ty as a move it would be, would you doubt Ubisoft fabricated those numbers somehow?

Herbstlicht
06-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Is is more then 50k active players on PS4 actually. Almost every event had the lowest ranking players placed at rank 50k-ish. However, it have been way more playera before. i did post a trophy analsyse not so long ago. There you could see, that even until now, only 1 of 5 players came back for season 2. Those with platinum trophy for a fighting game too very very low (0,2%). So console suffers too and will continue to do so. However, where pc may really completely die off, console playerbase might be strong enough for a real comeback.

Blasto95
06-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Im truly surprised that Console outnumbers PC by that much. I knew console had more players but I figured double maybe triple the amount. Not 10x maybe even more.

What constitutes a high player base for consoles? I think the most I saw in beta/early release was 80-90k. 50k after a couple months id say is not that bad.

Im also just thinking, are you sure they are counting just active players? and not including inactives like say people that quit a couple months ago? Ive gotten rewards for every event even though ive participated in maybe half of them. Im sure all those inactive players have their event rewards waiting for them.

Netcode_err_404
06-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Worst online ever, cheap gameplay, low content and microtransactions.

Why I'm not surprised ?

TheLastPandaa
06-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Im truly surprised that Console outnumbers PC by that much. I knew console had more players but I figured double maybe triple the amount. Not 10x maybe even more.

What constitutes a high player base for consoles? I think the most I saw in beta/early release was 80-90k. 50k after a couple months id say is not that bad.

Im also just thinking, are you sure they are counting just active players? and not including inactives like say people that quit a couple months ago? Ive gotten rewards for every event even though ive participated in maybe half of them. Im sure all those inactive players have their event rewards waiting for them.
The scores are separated on each plataform. On ps4 you can only see ps4 scores.

i participated on the last event and i ended the 36.200 that means that there are at least other 36.199 PLAYERS THAT PARTICIPED as well.

This game is far from die on ps4. we have a stable and big comunity yet but if ubi do not start to work hard once for all, ps4 comunity will disapear as well.

Y_Shrewditch
06-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Its really sad that a game with so much potential got screwed up because of bad netcode management and greedy in game economy, but i have a solution to the problem, its a bit drastic but its the only last hope you Ubisoft have to MAKE THIS GAME GREAT AGAIN! tm.

I'm not really sure what to make of this. Most, if not all the complaints have been about network issues and balancing issues. How would a monetary discount fix these?

The only thing I can come up with is if the devs could actually use the extra cash to hire a score of new techies and store them in a room for the next couple of weeks, working on code. And even then this won't solve anything quickly. Doesn't mean hiring extra muscle would be a bad idea, just that it's not a quick fix.

I do understand your concerns though, and I also worry if there's enough of a playerbase left once they 'fix' the game. But I'd rather see them work on the fixes, and then go all-out on marketing.

But lets be honest too, because part of the problem is also the impatience of the community. And while that speaks volumes of the passion people have for this game (so it can't be that bad, right?), it tends to get a little... unrealistic at times as well. The devs haven't spent all these years working on a quick money grab, and while I personally think they haven't always made the right choices, I do believe they're doing the best they can with what they have.

They've said they're going to do test-servers where the community can go and try out patches before they become live, they're slowly working on improving net-work issues, and slowly working on balancing issues. And yes, too slow for my own impatience too, but if they feel they want to take it slow and steady, it also means they have the faith that this game will survive it just fine and are going for the long haul.

I'm not trying to disrespect your post in any way, seriously, and I do get where you're coming from. All I'm adding to it is basically saying that we, as a community, can try to be a little bit more patient at times and not take the loudest minority's fearmongering as undisputed gospel and add to the venom.

DeLatv
06-06-2017, 09:47 PM
They should just abort For honor, and start makeing For honor 2, with fully fixed reballanced game and modable servers, so we can make our own game modes, maps?

Ranked, quickplay turnament mode - (Like in Tekken 7)

Herbstlicht
06-06-2017, 09:53 PM

If those events start, people contributing nothing do not get count. So no, it is active players only. They at the very least did one event matchup in online play. Not counting players not there the weekend, preferring offline play or simply no interested in the specific game mode. So, for whatever reasons, a lot of players still play on console. Dominion activity still seems high very regularly, with deathmatch and elimination between high and medium, duel and brawl as flickering between low and medium.

EDG_Avocado
06-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Don't you think it is too late for this game to be saved?

Netcode_err_404
06-06-2017, 10:49 PM
They should just abort For honor, and start makeing For honor 2, with fully fixed reballanced game and modable servers, so we can make our own game modes, maps?

Ranked, quickplay turnament mode - (Like in Tekken 7)

For honor 2 ? After 4 months ? Would be the best scum ever made in the gaming history.

Herbstlicht
06-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Never too for something to be saved. However, PC-community is rather bad. For one reason mainly: they play on PC - and so have access to reddit forums etc. in an instant. When I am on PC, I do work stuff or learning stuff, not gaming. But many console players don't care that much, they don't frequent forums as much, they don't rage as much because .. ah well, you sit on your couch, you did set up some cool music in advance, you just play more relaxed. And if you do not like stuff .. you just don't do it. I right now am on "Dominion vacation" due to my disliking the Centurion flood out there. I did fall back to 1on1 PvP and PvAI orders.

However, if people continue raging rather mindlessly, the game that they might infact really love, they just did temporary forget about it - it will end up dead. Who else will buy it if everyone tells you how bad it is? How dead it is already? No one in his right state of mind will.

However, now move back to console. You - and that happens rather regularely right now - meet with some guys for some Tekken matches. Thats fun. Sometimes, when it comes to games you like or feel rather competent in, you ask those guys: you know For Honor? Wanna see it in action? Try it out yourself for a match? That's what happens on consoles. You are not isolated, you can garner new players without Ubi having to do some marketing wonders. Right now, however, my attitude is the following: I tell people I love the game and it is rather good, but I can't recommend it due to some hella lot of problems.
I would feel bad if someone bought it, has a lot of trouble with dc's and blames his money badly spent on me.

Now, back to PC-community: those days, people talk about blackout 2. If that really happens, the game will take another hit. It will hurt again. If you imagine player numbers as a health bar - rather funny in my opinion - those guys participating will just hurt their game even more.
Consequences? Longer wait times. Getting queued with guys from farther away. More lag. More prone to disconnects.
What I am getting to is, that at some point, the game won't be fun for anyone. When the big gamemodes "died off", that's it. I can hardly imagine people flowing back in numbers that would revive it. Some thousand players average across the whole globe? Holy .. thats nothing!

Nevertheless, thats painting everything in black still, we are still far removed from it. However, low population seems to have made the game way less fun for the PC-community already. And even with some console specific problems, I would NEVER switch.

AzureSky.
06-06-2017, 11:08 PM
I'm not really sure what to make of this. Most, if not all the complaints have been about network issues and balancing issues. How would a monetary discount fix these?

The only thing I can come up with is if the devs could actually use the extra cash to hire a score of new techies and store them in a room for the next couple of weeks, working on code. And even then this won't solve anything quickly. Doesn't mean hiring extra muscle would be a bad idea, just that it's not a quick fix.

I do understand your concerns though, and I also worry if there's enough of a playerbase left once they 'fix' the game. But I'd rather see them work on the fixes, and then go all-out on marketing.

But lets be honest too, because part of the problem is also the impatience of the community. And while that speaks volumes of the passion people have for this game (so it can't be that bad, right?), it tends to get a little... unrealistic at times as well. The devs haven't spent all these years working on a quick money grab, and while I personally think they haven't always made the right choices, I do believe they're doing the best they can with what they have.

They've said they're going to do test-servers where the community can go and try out patches before they become live, they're slowly working on improving net-work issues, and slowly working on balancing issues. And yes, too slow for my own impatience too, but if they feel they want to take it slow and steady, it also means they have the faith that this game will survive it just fine and are going for the long haul.

I'm not trying to disrespect your post in any way, seriously, and I do get where you're coming from. All I'm adding to it is basically saying that we, as a community, can try to be a little bit more patient at times and not take the loudest minority's fearmongering as undisputed gospel and add to the venom.

They dont trust this game, thats why the player base in PC is so low and decrease each day, the disccount works in many ways, first it gets attention of people that are looking to buy a new game and also leaves a good impresion, the wheel that makes this game shine is the players thats why i suggest this moves to make the game revive, since more players:

+Less connection problems since you have more players in your region with the criteria to be matched against you (P2P is based on distance, so with more players you dont really need to play vs a guy that lives 2-3 countrys away)

+Less Queue times (right now queue are not optimized at all, you can only search for one game mode instead of go into a mix you like to make matchmatching faster) more players = less time

+More things for the game, this game has so much cosmetic and good things that people actually buy, If Ubisoft was inteligent they could just make it F2P and they would win lots of money because of this. (im not actually asking for that, just saying the obvious thing) More money for the game = more things from the devs

The most important part of all is the first point, all fighting games use P2P as the system, its ok in this game for 1vs1 and 2vs2 but it struggles in 4vs4 game modes, as i said more players in your region = more chances of playing 4 Green connection VS 4 Green connection, and less of 2 reds that makes the game unstable and crash it.

Netcode_err_404
06-06-2017, 11:30 PM
They dont trust this game, thats why the player base in PC is so low and decrease each day, the disccount works in many ways, first it gets attention of people that are looking to buy a new game and also leaves a good impresion, the wheel that makes this game shine is the players thats why i suggest this moves to make the game revive, since more players:

+Less connection problems since you have more players in your region with the criteria to be matched against you (P2P is based on distance, so with more players you dont really need to play vs a guy that lives 2-3 countrys away)

+Less Queue times (right now queue are not optimized at all, you can only search for one game mode instead of go into a mix you like to make matchmatching faster) more players = less time

+More things for the game, this game has so much cosmetic and good things that people actually buy, If Ubisoft was inteligent they could just make it F2P and they would win lots of money because of this. (im not actually asking for that, just saying the obvious thing) More money for the game = more things from the devs

The most important part of all is the first point, all fighting games use P2P as the system, its ok in this game for 1vs1 and 2vs2 but it struggles in 4vs4 game modes, as i said more players in your region = more chances of playing 4 Green connection VS 4 Green connection, and less of 2 reds that makes the game unstable and crash it.

The most important part is fixing the gameplayWhich is broken and anti fun.

AzureSky.
06-06-2017, 11:34 PM

That can come with time, the games not perfect (im my case vs the people i play i have a lot of fun in 1vs1 and 2vs2) they need to nerf the cc spam of all the characters in dominion, but the trust of the players cant be gained that way.

Netcode_err_404
06-06-2017, 11:43 PM
That can come with time, the games not perfect (im my case vs the people i play i have a lot of fun in 1vs1 and 2vs2) they need to nerf the cc spam of all the characters in dominion, but the trust of the players cant be gained that way.

You do not need trust, you need players, and balancing the game is surely a good starting point.

Think about it.

If a new player buy for honor, and entres a 1v1 against a shioulder spammer, or a turtle, he will istantly uninstall, because its anti fun.

If they join a 4v4 they will directly commit harakiri.

AzureSky.
06-07-2017, 12:03 AM
You do not need trust, you need players, and balancing the game is surely a good starting point.

Think about it.

If a new player buy for honor, and entres a 1v1 against a shioulder spammer, or a turtle, he will istantly uninstall, because its anti fun.

If they join a 4v4 they will directly commit harakiri.

i actually feel really atraccted to the game when someone spammed the heck out of me for the first time, the depth of the game is so much, and i asked "How you do that?" all of this in the open beta of the game, its for players that want a high skill game, not lol players that cry when they get a loss, its a fighting game.

UbiJurassic
06-07-2017, 12:12 AM
The game already lose almost all of the player base on pc, we always play vs the same players and the matchmatching only works in Dominion mode and 1vs1 modes since the other modes give you a clear matchmatching error searching for long time (the error the game gives you when no players are playing it) + all of that with the new error code 6000137 that some players make (since they play with bad nets with red connection and makes the game unstable) and you have the formula to disaster.

First of all you need to make a new patch of netcode improvements, little or major but something, then make a free to play weekend with disccounts to purchasing the game, i think it would be prudent to make them before the steam sales since in that time people will just buy another games since this has such a bad reputation (for the connectivity and greedy economy) so you need to make it happen before that.

If you want to make money with this you can make a "basic features" buy (kind of like the rainbow six one) that only gives you all the 3 vanguards and you have to buy the other heros for 5000 steel (so you can still make money and dont lose all of it with the disccount, that also makes money because if it works you get more buyers = more total money than 60$ for just a few players)

If you dont make this changes the future of this game would be very grimm, yesterday it had a 1600 peak players and that is really low taking in mind that is divided by the countrys and then the specific region people play.

Thanks for the suggestion AzureSky. Players have valid problems with the game and we are working hard to tackle each of them with every live update we get out. Connectivity is still a top priority for the team and we are looking to continue pushing patches focused on increasing stability, like we did with patch 1.06.

AzureSky.
06-07-2017, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestion AzureSky. Players have valid problems with the game and we are working hard to tackle each of them with every live update we get out. Connectivity is still a top priority for the team and we are looking to continue pushing patches focused on increasing stability, like we did with patch 1.06.

Im really worried about the player count, connectivity is important but also a good and stable player count, if you can send the suggestion of a "basic" version of the game to the devs it would be much apreciated, since that 2 things are a core part of any game to exist (connectivity + players)

TheLastPandaa
06-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Totally agree with you.
That (not the conectivity) is the reason i stop playing. In fact, i bought Fallout 4 on monday. i have not tuched FH since then and i do not see my self playing hardcore again in a near future if ubi do not fix a basic thing such as imput lag.

AzureSky.
06-07-2017, 02:14 AM

Ive played the game since the Alpha. Ive only unlocked PK, Orochi, Lawbringer, Shugoki, and Centurion. Ive tried every hero. Even have a few close to level 10 or so and ive never unlocked them since you dont need to really.

The connection issues for sure need to be fixed. And that has been addressed probably a thousand times on this forum. Not much has been done, so a thousand and one is always welcome.

Thats if they cost 500 steel, the new heros cost 15000 they could make a basic bundle with the 3 vanguards and the rest of the non dlc characters cost 5000 (dlc ones still cost 15000)

Delectable_Sin
06-07-2017, 02:48 AM

That's the number of active players that participated in the event. Take that number and divide it by the amount of hours it took to complete the event (24 hours or so?) and you'll have the average amount of players online per hour. That's an average of 1,500 unique users per hour if it took one day to complete the event.

That's terrible, they probably had a peak around 5k at the very most. More realistically, it's somewhere around 2500.

This game is completely dead. They've lost over 99% of their active player base inside 4 months, lol.

There really isn't anything they can do at this point. The gameplay is just bad, and they've already proven they aren't willing to work on it. You can't have a game that is supposedly competitive yet have pure cheese win constantly. In the beta it was fun as hell, but after everyone figured out how to optimally play (turtle and spam the same cheesy stuff over and over), it instantly turned to poo.

If they really wanted to fix the game, they'd give every character an unblockable (cancellable) attack, take away block indicators, and smooth out the mechanics so they're more consistent.

This game was never meant to last or be that good, it was a short lived revenue grab, and that's it.

XxHunterHxX
06-07-2017, 06:48 AM
You can't have a game that is supposedly competitive yet have pure cheese win constantly. In the beta it was fun as hell, but after everyone figured out how to optimally play (turtle and spam the same cheesy stuff over and over), it instantly turned to poo.

That and the fact that they nerfed all caracters to the ground making it imposible to play any other way then to cheese....pick any caracter you want and its imposible to win in a 1 v 1 vs a good player using all the moves of a caracter...you will just use 2-3 moves over and over again......coz all the others ir to punishable or useles or cant even touch the guy....so what is the point you might as well just give all the caracters 2 combos and that is it....

TheLastPandaa
06-07-2017, 01:34 PM
That's the number of active players that participated in the event. Take that number and divide it by the amount of hours it took to complete the event (24 hours or so?) and you'll have the average amount of players online per hour. That's an average of 1,500 unique users per hour if it took one day to complete the event.

That's terrible, they probably had a peak around 5k at the very most. More realistically, it's somewhere around 2500.

This game is completely dead. They've lost over 99% of their active player base inside 4 months, lol.

There really isn't anything they can do at this point. The gameplay is just bad, and they've already proven they aren't willing to work on it. You can't have a game that is supposedly competitive yet have pure cheese win constantly. In the beta it was fun as hell, but after everyone figured out how to optimally play (turtle and spam the same cheesy stuff over and over), it instantly turned to poo.

If they really wanted to fix the game, they'd give every character an unblockable (cancellable) attack, take away block indicators, and smooth out the mechanics so they're more consistent.

This game was never meant to last or be that good, it was a short lived revenue grab, and that's it.

You can modify the facts as much as you want until they fit into what you want to think, but the reality is that on ps4 there are no problems finding match quickly in any game mode.

Other games with more reputation like Street fighter V have a base community that goes around the 30k of active players and For Honor goes between 36k-40k on ps4. Would you say SFV is dead? No, right? The same goes for for honor on PS4.

Never the less, FH will die on ps4 eventually if ubi do not start working seriously.

Obdach01
06-07-2017, 02:40 PM
I don't need 50k players... and I don't need 2k players... I need 7 players. Yes... SEVEN. Couldn't care less how many more there are, as long as there are seven I can play with. Start the complaints about too little player base, if you spend a day without finding a match. Until then... cu playing and not complaining.

AzureSky.
06-07-2017, 05:39 PM
I don't need 50k players... and I don't need 2k players... I need 7 players. Yes... SEVEN. Couldn't care less how many more there are, as long as there are seven I can play with. Start the complaints about too little player base, if you spend a day without finding a match. Until then... cu playing and not complaining.

I also need 7 players but i DONT need a 10 minute wait time for it :D, and thats because of the players, the same with the connectivity of that players, you will get a lot more of green connection players rather than playing vs 3 guys that teleport and 1 that doesnt.

Illyrian_King
06-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Well I think most people are gone, because of the low amount of mechanics!

It doesn't take long till you have done everything you ever wanted in this game.

Although there are 14 beautiful maps and 14 heroes in this game ... the core game doesn't offer much variety. That's why people stopped playing it!

5 modes which are basically just duells, teamfights or teamfights with a minion clutch in the cente!

Really I can't imagine someone leaving a desired game for ever, because he has been disconnected a few times ^^

Really a small group left over, who has still fun playing, but nevertheless I would heavily enjoy some new mechanics over new maps with the same plot happening!

Only this goup, who stayed complains about some balance issues and microtransactions, because they mostly accepted the low content pool and pick on tiny things instead.

AzureSky.
06-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Well I think most people are gone, because of the low amount of mechanics!

It doesn't take long till you have done everything you ever wanted in this game.

Although there are 14 beautiful maps and 14 heroes in this game ... the core game doesn't offer much variety. That's why people stopped playing it!

5 modes which are basically just duells, teamfights or teamfights with a minion clutch in the cente!

Really I can't imagine someone leaving a desired game for ever, because he has been disconnected a few times ^^

Really a small group left over, who has still fun playing, but nevertheless I would heavily enjoy some new mechanics over new maps with the same plot happening!

Only this goup, who stayed complains about some balance issues and microtransactions, because they mostly accepted the low content pool and pick on tiny things instead.

Theres a lot of mechanic, you are talking about game modes and yeah it needs more variety, dominion is just a excuse to atracct moba players (1vs1 and 2vs2 are the core of the game)

Illyrian_King
06-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Theres a lot of mechanic, you are talking about game modes and yeah it needs more variety, dominion is just a excuse to atracct moba players (1vs1 and 2vs2 are the core of the game)

Where do you see a lot of mechanics? Can you interact with catapults, ballistas or anything like that (not feats meant)? Can you build your own castle? Can you at least siege a castle in a siege mode? Can you create a legion? Can you customize your minions or even change your own damn leg-armour? The faction war is a joke!

The game has a good combat system - out of question ... but that's pretty much it.

With new mechanics I mean things from above :rolleyes:

Also dominion btw is the mode they originally presented at the E3 2015 and called the "core mode" so I would say that ... I would just like to see more and heavier stuff then this puppy clutch at B called Dominion!

AzureSky.
06-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Where do you see a lot of mechanics? Can you interact with catapults, ballistas or anything like that (not feats meant)? Can you build your own castle? Can you at least siege a castle in a siege mode? Can you create a legion? Can you customize your minions or even change your own damn leg-armour? The faction war is a joke!

The game has a good combat system - out of question ... but that's pretty much it.

Also dominion btw is the mode they originally presented at the E3 2015 and called the "core mode" so I would say that ... I would just like to see more and heavier stuff then this puppy clutch at B called Dominion!

Its a fighting game, its not a mevieval simulator mechanics are the ammount of skills you need to do to win, you have a lot of stamina management different moves and mindgames, also the parry mechanics with each of heavy and light hits and the uses of that parrys in each of the characters, its mechanicaly intensive with high skill cap, thats why im playing it :D

UbiNoty
06-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Mechanics typically refers to your skill in interacting with the game. Especially in pvp fighting games like For Honor, it's about your reaction speed, your ability to pull off combos, blocking, GB timing, finding that split-second opening in your opponent's defense, managing your stamina, etcetc.

I actually believe FH is a game that requires an insane amount of mechanical skill. It's not even easy to try to try to go against a level 1 bot and wildly button-mash to try to slash + hack your way to a win (I tried, doesn't work - doesn't even work against minions >.<).
If your end-goal is just to collect all the heroes and gear like they're pokemon, and spend a bit of time admiring the scenery in the maps - then yeah, maybe there isn't that much to it. But most of us can at least agree that that isn't what For Honor is about right?

Just my 4-cents (:> pun intended)

Gray360UK
06-08-2017, 12:30 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2XhfQ8oCkm1Ts4/giphy.gif

Illyrian_King
06-08-2017, 12:46 AM
Its a fighting game, its not a mevieval simulator mechanics are the ammount of skills you need to do to win, you have a lot of stamina management different moves and mindgames, also the parry mechanics with each of heavy and light hits and the uses of that parrys in each of the characters, its mechanicaly intensive with high skill cap, thats why im playing it :D

This is the only thing which keeps me here, because there is not much more ... but don't get me wrong. All these thinks including parry, has been here since the E3 2015! Just some more classes with not that huge movesets and maps made it to the game after almost 2 years.

Mechanics typically refers to your skill in interacting with the game. Especially in pvp fighting games like For Honor, it's about your reaction speed, your ability to pull off combos, blocking, GB timing, finding that split-second opening in your opponent's defense, managing your stamina, etcetc.

I actually believe FH is a game that requires an insane amount of mechanical skill. It's not even easy to try to try to go against a level 1 bot and wildly button-mash to try to slash + hack your way to a win (I tried, doesn't work - doesn't even work against minions >.<).
If your end-goal is just to collect all the heroes and gear like they're pokemon, and spend a bit of time admiring the scenery in the maps - then yeah, maybe there isn't that much to it. But most of us can at least agree that that isn't what For Honor is about right?

Of course it is about skill, but it seems like that's all the game is about. But this "mechanic" stuff is turning into a wordgame! With mechanics i mean the stuff mentioned earlier.

When I saw the game at the E3 2015 I really thought the would make a huge battle simulator and they also reclamed it like this. But then over the time the vision drowned and turned into a medieval Tekken! I am all okay with duells and such stuff, but I always missed really fighting in masses! Of course I can't change how things have evolved, but that's why I discuss it here in the forum.

Also collecting wasn't a part I looked for. I am just talking about, that the game didn't grow significantly since the E3. And again ... this is my very own opinion ^^
Also if you look at dominion: It stayed mostly the same ... some little changes here and there but in general the same like at the very beginnning. Dominion was called the "core game mode" by the devs, which should make one think that this is what we will get more from in the future. That explaines my point with the huge mass battle simulator!

I started FH with 4 friends and all 4 left after some weeks, because they complained about the lack in diversity and things you can do. They didn't complain about some match-breakdowns or unbalanced stuff, but about the lack in variety they did. And I am also their's opinion, eventhough I still play the game!
But if you wonder why 4/5 people left in this case ... that's an honest "why"

Also to you devs: I really appreciate how patient you are with all that flame going on here, but that's a forum where most people just register to flame about their dislikes :p
So don't imagine me like an all-hating dirt-catapult ...

Netcode_err_404
06-08-2017, 12:59 AM

Thats funnt enough.

For honor and comboes ? Are you joking right ?

Managing your stamina ? In a game that allows 11 shoulder bashes in a row ? LOL

Rgons
06-08-2017, 01:28 AM
I have 35 prestige and almost stoped playing game becouse:
1. 4vs4 modes after putch not funny. Unskilled centurions spamming me and I can,t do nothing... I hate this!
2. Unbalance. My Orochi (18 prestige) has 80% duel winratio and 75% in 4vs4 mode, but every fight I feel "My favorite hero is pathetic".
3. Random MM. Killing noobs is not funny.

Obdach01
06-08-2017, 12:57 PM
I have 35 prestige and almost stoped playing game becouse:
1. 4vs4 modes after putch not funny. Unskilled centurions spamming me and I can,t do nothing... I hate this!
2. Unbalance. My Orochi (18 prestige) has 80% duel winratio and 75% in 4vs4 mode, but every fight I feel "My favorite hero is pathetic".
3. Random MM. Killing noobs is not funny.

35 Prestige... maybe all you need is a few days break and you are back into the fun you had. 35 is a lot of time played.

Rgons
06-08-2017, 01:30 PM
~250 hours. It is not a lot...

Eastw00tz.Pyro
06-08-2017, 01:35 PM

Wow! You said it right, made my day - thank you! good post

Obdach01
06-08-2017, 01:41 PM

Maybe a short break of two days would still help? I would hate to loose a fellow player who puts up so many hours for reasons, which are not that bad. The game is still one of the best game I have ever played and will stay like this for a while, because of its unique style. And one can still play against noobs and have a challenge as they get better. But one has to finish the game against a noob first to have him get experienced. If we ragequit, the noob just quits for good, because he is bored. In 4v4 just don't go alone and keep the team well coordinated (experience helps, if it is a group of randoms, again, even if noobs, they will get better with experience), and your favorite heroe (I guess the Orochi) is not pathetic... he is my greatest fear.
I guess a short break would even the storm and have you back and enjoying the game in no time. New toons have the tendency to annoy older players, but it is like that in every single game. Just give it some time, be constructive in the criticism, and things will get better. I hope and very much am sure, that this game will end up like RB6... a stable playerbase, who endured much problems and changes in the first year and enjoys a well balanced game with a lot of fun, where no toon plays like the other.

AzureSky.
06-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Maybe a short break of two days would still help? I would hate to loose a fellow player who puts up so many hours for reasons, which are not that bad. The game is still one of the best game I have ever played and will stay like this for a while, because of its unique style. And one can still play against noobs and have a challenge as they get better. But one has to finish the game against a noob first to have him get experienced. If we ragequit, the noob just quits for good, because he is bored. In 4v4 just don't go alone and keep the team well coordinated (experience helps, if it is a group of randoms, again, even if noobs, they will get better with experience), and your favorite heroe (I guess the Orochi) is not pathetic... he is my greatest fear.
I guess a short break would even the storm and have you back and enjoying the game in no time. New toons have the tendency to annoy older players, but it is like that in every single game. Just give it some time, be constructive in the criticism, and things will get better. I hope and very much am sure, that this game will end up like RB6... a stable playerbase, who endured much problems and changes in the first year and enjoys a well balanced game with a lot of fun, where no toon plays like the other.

I preffer a million times playing vs a noob with green connection rather than playing vs a teleporter with red connection, thats not a game.

Vordred
06-08-2017, 04:51 PM
problem with these PC player numbers, are that they are only for steam, not everyone bought it through steam.

Aarpian
06-08-2017, 04:52 PM

Holy ****, the last thing this game needs is for more people to experience it in the state that it's in

First thing they need to do is fix the major issues. THEN when it's actually playable and enjoyable they can start expanding the audience to hopefully get more people to buy it.

AzureSky.
06-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Holy ****, the last thing this game needs is for more people to experience it in the state that it's in

First thing they need to do is fix the major issues. THEN when it's actually playable and enjoyable they can start expanding the audience to hopefully get more people to buy it.

Thats why i said to apply it AFTER a big network patch, otherwise its going to be a disaster, but people are also a big part of the good connectivity formula, p2p its made that way, if it was a server people wouldnt be a factor, but on the current system its needed.

EDG_Avocado
06-08-2017, 06:24 PM
This game needs a sequel,hopefully free to everyone who bought the first

XxHunterHxX
06-08-2017, 06:57 PM

http://i.imgur.com/B3h6JEa.png

Netcode_err_404
06-08-2017, 07:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B3h6JEa.png

I bet you have less than 260 hour s of actual pvp time.

AzureSky.
06-08-2017, 07:36 PM
This game needs a sequel,hopefully free to everyone who bought the first

I actually think the same, they already ripped off peoples money, they must do the same as battleborn and give people that bought the game all future dlc characters + some other things and make it free to play, with the ammount of cosmetics + animations + executions they can make A LOT of money, too bad they dont see it.