PDA

View Full Version : If there ever is a hero cap, game needs to lessen the grind drastically for heroes.

MarkedElite
06-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Hero caps would make the game much better due to not having broken team comps like all centurion or all shinobi, ect. But, if it is implemented, you can't not expect people wanting to leave the game because they are left with the heroes that they have rep 1 or 2. If there ever is a 'hero cap', game devs need to make it easier for people to have expanded hero pools,

For Honor devs have stated in the past (paraphrasing here->)'they expect people to only focus on one character or only have one main', which isn't true for a lot of people. Personally, I have a rank 7 raider, 7 Lawbringer, 3 zerker, 1 conqueror, and I would like to get almost every character in the game to at least rep. 3, but the grind in this game is insane, even if you manage to get rep. 3 which may take you days if not weeks if you don't play that often, only to realize all the cool stuff like color palettes for armor takes reputation of 10, 15, 28! Just for COSMETICS. Ones that look basically the same as all the other stuff are insanely high level, and all the unique looking stuff is a ridiculously high reputation score also! Not forgetting 15k steel for the mythic outfits (3-7k for "normal" outfits) for characters + 7k steel each for the 6+ emotes per hero and executions? Ridiculous, just insane looking on how much they want you to stick to one character. If they were that willing to extend the grind for their game for base characters, why would they add DLC characters? They did, which obviously means that the above paraphrase was a false statement on them and just an excuse to elongate a thing that should take a couple weeks to do and turn it into something that takes MONTHS to do, just for stupid cosmetics!!!

Blasto95
06-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Or just leave a hero cap on ranked and eliminate any gear stats. Make gear completely meaningless for Ranked.

MarkedElite
06-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Or just leave a hero cap on ranked and eliminate any gear stats. Make gear completely meaningless for Ranked.

I like your idea as well.

Herbstlicht
06-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Would hurt individualization and the meaning of progression though. However, getting decked out in full 144 gear takes a while .. so thats a problem too.

Blasto95
06-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Would hurt individualization and the meaning of progression though. However, getting decked out in full 144 gear takes a while .. so thats a problem too.

For Ranked mode with no gear?

Gear does not equal progression. Actually having a meaningful rank does. Your progression would be to rank higher than you have the previous season or round. And it would not hurt individualization. If youre attempting to play ranked, you should have a decent understanding of the game and have at least ONE other hero you can be competitive with. A hero cap would diversify the game instead of there being 2 Cents and 2 Shinobis for the purpose of "individualization" .

XxHunterHxX
06-06-2017, 03:22 PM

Im still not upgrading any itemes yet...since im shure they will change the stats again in season 3 if not sooner so what is the point ?

Blasto95
06-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Im still not upgrading any itemes yet...since im shure they will change the stats again in season 3 if not sooner so what is the point ?

Because its another 2 months away. But really, the difference between a 108 (or just not upgraded yellow gear) and a fully upgraded 144 is pretty much nonexistent. Youre right, you dont need to upgrade your gear because it will make the smallest of difference.

Infidel.Castro
06-06-2017, 03:44 PM
TBH they really need to reduce the grind some more anyway. We have 600 levels per character, 600!!! That is an insane amount! You need to grind out 210 levels to consistently get the top tier gear, but there are other nice cosmetics they are way further down the line. I think I'll be lucky to get 1 character to 30 before this game dies.

sgtpickles
06-06-2017, 03:55 PM
I don't play very often and I have 3 characters that I play at 5+ reputation and a 4th coming up by just doing orders for experience. Probably going to just stick with those 4 after. This is including an almost 2 month hiatus.

How do I do it? I do all of the orders on the character I plan to level up and swap back to my main after. Easy peasy.

Also, upgrading to 144 is pointless and expensive.

Horus-31
06-06-2017, 04:04 PM

If they pull that crap again, randomly reshuffling the gear stats after some of us have spent countless crates and steel to get the exact gear stats we wanted, they might loose the little playerbase they have left (we are already fewer than we were before season 2) (http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-117356/player-count).

Back on topic, the grinding is indeed problematic for some players who want to play more than one hero. How about a system where you gain 100% bonus XP if you're leveling a new hero that is 10 levels lower than your main, 90% bonus XP if he is 9 levels lower, 80% bonus XP if he is 8 levels lower and so on, you get the idea. The percentages and level gaps should be discussed of course, my numbers are just an example. Wouldn't that help while not penalising too much people who have already grinded with the current system?

Horus-31
06-06-2017, 04:24 PM
but how will they know what your main is? by highest level character?

because you could play that character very little, but he'd still be prestig 30 with 144 gear score.

You're right: I was'nt clear. When writing "main", I meant "highest level character".
The general idea would be: if you already have a reputation 10 hero, it's easier to start leveling a reputation 0 hero.

MarkedElite
06-06-2017, 04:25 PM

Individualization comes from the look of your character, not your level or gearstats, imo.
Progression would only affect people (If per say the level grind was cut in half) would only affect people rep. 14+, and even then, if they really wanted to grind out their character more they would be doing it for emotes and the like. But, do you know how many people I've seen that's had their hero over rep. 18 in my lifetime playing this game? 6 people. I've seen six people over that limit, a few peacekeepers, wardens, and a warlord.

Even if rep 28 rewards were cut in half and the grind was reduced, you still wouldn't see many prestige 14's due to how long the grind in the game is. I've been playing the game since release and I'm only a total of rep 18-19 with all my characters added up. My highest level on one character is 7.

kitcho1977
06-07-2017, 02:58 AM
UBISOFT will never do this because the way this game is designed just to buy a new execution or emote 5k-7k steel!!!!!! Everything is so expensive they are trying to push you towards the steel packs. 7000 just for a emote are you kidding me!!!!! The fact that the steel and XP in anything but PVP is minimal its even more of a grind. Just to get gear last night for my lawbringer is cost 8k steel and that's not even upgrading. If season 3 is rep 7 or 10 for the new gear, that will be me done