PDA

View Full Version : Advice to keep the game alive til 1.09 and 1.10. STOP PLAYIG CENTURION AND SHINOBI

Duuklah
06-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Seriously guys. It's well established that these toons are if not OP completely not fun to play against.

Playing these characters has some serious side effects.

1. Scares off new players. Being blasted out of the water by a character that seems light years away and FAR more powerful will make new players quit quickly.

2. You will spend A LOT more time in the lobby looking for matches. I refuse to play Duels VS Centurion until they are nerfed into the ground. In dominion if there are more than 2 centurions most players will leave.

3. People will rage at you and throw salt on you every round. I know this sounds fun at first, but I cant imagine how it would feel in the long term.

4. A lot of your fellow players don't have the constitution for punishment that I do(apparently) and will leave the game. I don't know about you but when I'm done dueling another player and I leave the lobby the last thing I want is to be paired with them again in the next duel...

5. You will create a game where only a few heroes are played and viable.. It's already started and is getting worse as people who main non Cent and Shinobi leave.

6. It's cheap to play an OP toon in a game about honor and dueling and skill.. That reflects poorly on your character as a gamer. Again in the long term I wouldn't want to be THAT GUY.

In conclusion. Please shelf your Centurions and Shinobi for the sake of the game. It doesn't do anyone any good to pad stats in a game that dies.

Cheers!

Herbstlicht
06-05-2017, 10:30 PM
Well, good advice for team modes. But doesn't matter for 1on1 that much. Though even there only Cents and Shinobi seem to remain, I recently returned into PvP 1on1 and got some games with Orochi. He works rather well against most players of the new heroes.

But until some serious teamgame rebalancing is done, the players that left won't return. Including me. A few 1on1 PvP for not loosing all my skill and daily orders in PvAI is all right now.
However, I got Tekken 7 to compensate. And this one works wonderfully - pure simple traditional fighting fun.
Only downside: I miss my swords :)

CandleInTheDark
06-05-2017, 11:12 PM
If you are quitting in duel lobbies then you are denying yourself the opportunity to learn how to deal with them. I have beaten centurions and shinobi in duel with peacekeeper, warden, conqueror, berserker and nobushi, so hardly all S-tier characters (though I will give you it is easiest with my peacekeeper but I have well over a hundred hours with her).I did it through fighting bots so I could learn their moves in a situation they were not being spammed at me, by learning to anticipate what the opponent is going to do, by losing a heck of a lot and trying to figure out why and by finding a way to nullify their strengths and push into my own, also helps that I got a shinobi to rep one and know its strengths and weaknesses well enough and played a centurion in custom matches, for pressure characters, you will find that it goes both ways, they are not fond of it either and when you have performed the moves yourself, you start to learn what to look out for.

In 4v4, yes, groups of them can be a problem, at the same time, I have had seven matches this evening and not once have I seen more than two of the season 2 characters among eight players, now on the weekend I can see up to four or five low level ones, I put that down to school kids not having had time to really figure out what they think of them yet (let's not pretend that school kids never get hold of 18/mature rated games) and obviously there are adults that work in schools also and also offices, but I more tend to see one or two purple to gold (to scarily max) gear ones, people are gravitating back to characters they have used since february now that the novelty has worn off.

Slightly irrelevant but you raised it, as a peacekeeper main, I call salt after a duel saturday night, 99% of the time I know I don't deserve it, the other 1% the fight got scrappy for both of us. As an adult that stopped crying when I got called names quite a number of years ago, I am emotionally mature enough to deal with it, as should be anyone who didn't get someone older to get the game for them. There are more serious things to be concerned about than what some xbox player raged at you.

Pillow_Hands
06-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Yeah, people. Go back to Warden vortex spamming.

Knight_Raime
06-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Seriously guys. It's well established that these toons are if not OP completely not fun to play against.

1. Scares off new players. Being blasted out of the water by a character that seems light years away and FAR more powerful will make new players quit quickly.

2. You will spend A LOT more time in the lobby looking for matches. I refuse to play Duels VS Centurion until they are nerfed into the ground. In dominion if there are more than 2 centurions most players will leave.

3. People will rage at you and throw salt on you every round. I know this sounds fun at first, but I cant imagine how it would feel in the long term.

4. A lot of your fellow players don't have the constitution for punishment that I do(apparently) and will leave the game. I don't know about you but when I'm done dueling another player and I leave the lobby the last thing I want is to be paired with them again in the next duel...

5. You will create a game where only a few heroes are played and viable.. It's already started and is getting worse as people who main non Cent and Shinobi leave.

6. It's cheap to play an OP toon in a game about honor and dueling and skill.. That reflects poorly on your character as a gamer. Again in the long term I wouldn't want to be THAT GUY.

In conclusion. Please shelf your Centurions and Shinobi for the sake of the game. It doesn't do anyone any good to pad stats in a game that dies.

Cheers!

1) "well established." By whom? what is your evidence? Personally i'd rather believe people who are actually good at the game. Centurion is mid tier (speaking from duel/brawl perspective.) Shin is in god tier like warlord. But at least in my experiences far easier to deal with compared to a warlord.

2) New players have the same chance of leaving against someone who's a rep 30 orochi versus someone who's a rep 2 cent or shinobi. Good players stomping new players is something that's going to happen until the new MM system is put in place. New heros have no impact on this. as their knowledge of what a new hero can do is the same as what their knowledge of a base game hero can do.

3) I play reg on xbox one. Have never had an issue with search times in duels or brawls unless i'm playing at wee hours of the morning. and even then it's less than 5 min of searching. People rage quit on me regardless of who I play. so at least for me this isn't a normal experience that you describe.

4) I actually hardly get hatemail. More often than not I get nothing. Or someone asks me for advice on what they can do in the match up. and I gladly give it.

5) I don't care if people leave the game for good. If someone is going to stop playing a game they bought over something as petty as this the community is better off without them imo.

6) This will always be the case in higher tier play. Where a majority of the community sits every hero is perfectly usable.

7) I'm sorry but I don't conform to your opinion. Or others. If someone is using an exploit that's different. But hero balance wise things are always changing. something is always "the best" and "the worst." and those things will change as time goes on because devs constantly push out patches to change the meta for any game. If you wana look down on me for who I choose to play that's your issue not mine. Grow up.

Nah. Not stopping playing centurion. Deal with it.

Duuklah
06-06-2017, 12:44 AM
1) "well established." By whom? what is your evidence? Personally i'd rather believe people who are actually good at the game. Centurion is mid tier (speaking from duel/brawl perspective.) Shin is in god tier like warlord. But at least in my experiences far easier to deal with compared to a warlord.

2) New players have the same chance of leaving against someone who's a rep 30 orochi versus someone who's a rep 2 cent or shinobi. Good players stomping new players is something that's going to happen until the new MM system is put in place. New heros have no impact on this. as their knowledge of what a new hero can do is the same as what their knowledge of a base game hero can do.

3) I play reg on xbox one. Have never had an issue with search times in duels or brawls unless i'm playing at wee hours of the morning. and even then it's less than 5 min of searching. People rage quit on me regardless of who I play. so at least for me this isn't a normal experience that you describe.

4) I actually hardly get hatemail. More often than not I get nothing. Or someone asks me for advice on what they can do in the match up. and I gladly give it.

5) I don't care if people leave the game for good. If someone is going to stop playing a game they bought over something as petty as this the community is better off without them imo.

6) This will always be the case in higher tier play. Where a majority of the community sits every hero is perfectly usable.

7) I'm sorry but I don't conform to your opinion. Or others. If someone is using an exploit that's different. But hero balance wise things are always changing. something is always "the best" and "the worst." and those things will change as time goes on because devs constantly push out patches to change the meta for any game. If you wana look down on me for who I choose to play that's your issue not mine. Grow up.

Nah. Not stopping playing centurion. Deal with it.

You just make a bunch of VERY subjective observations to excuse your continued use of a broken character.

Nice mental gymnastics.....

People like you kill the game exploiting an unfair advantage.

Just today I ROFL stomped a guy over 5 rounds with 3 different characters.. Then he switches to Centurion.. Things changed awful fast. I ended up getting salty and bailing after a ****ty loss in a ****ty manner..

Ive dueled lvl 3 centurion bots with great success til the cows came home. I have NO issue with Shinobi.

If you think I suck go check out my stats on the stat tracker. I'm above average if not actually good and improving regularly.

One thing YOU need to learn as a Centurion player is that WHAT YOU THINK DOESNT MATTER.. If we all think hes OP and you rely on us to fight you then we are right and you are wrong..

Get some self respect and play an OG toon.. ****ing *****

Duuklah
06-06-2017, 12:46 AM
If you are quitting in duel lobbies then you are denying yourself the opportunity to learn how to deal with them. I have beaten centurions and shinobi in duel with peacekeeper, warden, conqueror, berserker and nobushi, so hardly all S-tier characters (though I will give you it is easiest with my peacekeeper but I have well over a hundred hours with her).I did it through fighting bots so I could learn their moves in a situation they were not being spammed at me, by learning to anticipate what the opponent is going to do, by losing a heck of a lot and trying to figure out why and by finding a way to nullify their strengths and push into my own, also helps that I got a shinobi to rep one and know its strengths and weaknesses well enough and played a centurion in custom matches, for pressure characters, you will find that it goes both ways, they are not fond of it either and when you have performed the moves yourself, you start to learn what to look out for.

In 4v4, yes, groups of them can be a problem, at the same time, I have had seven matches this evening and not once have I seen more than two of the season 2 characters among eight players, now on the weekend I can see up to four or five low level ones, I put that down to school kids not having had time to really figure out what they think of them yet (let's not pretend that school kids never get hold of 18/mature rated games) and obviously there are adults that work in schools also and also offices, but I more tend to see one or two purple to gold (to scarily max) gear ones, people are gravitating back to characters they have used since february now that the novelty has worn off.

Slightly irrelevant but you raised it, as a peacekeeper main, I call salt after a duel saturday night, 99% of the time I know I don't deserve it, the other 1% the fight got scrappy for both of us. As an adult that stopped crying when I got called names quite a number of years ago, I am emotionally mature enough to deal with it, as should be anyone who didn't get someone older to get the game for them. There are more serious things to be concerned about than what some xbox player raged at you.

Its not fun to duel a centurion.

Ive spent the time playing the lvl 3 bots.. ive spent TONS of time in dominion and duels sloggign through fighting them.

Im done.. Its over. Its not fun and I play this game to have fun.

So bye bye centurions.. You wont get to pad your stats on me!

CandleInTheDark
06-06-2017, 12:57 AM
Its not fun to duel a centurion.

Ive spent the time playing the lvl 3 bots.. ive spent TONS of time in dominion and duels sloggign through fighting them.

Im done.. Its over. Its not fun and I play this game to have fun.

So bye bye centurions.. You wont get to pad your stats on me!

Outside of facing a whole team of them, which again is happening less and less, some of us do find it fun. It is a new challenge, and I find it very satisfying when I, as a peacekeeper, with two orochi take down two centurions or when I beat centurions and shinobi in duel. Some of us, instead of crying op and not fun, figured out how to fight them. I have too much going on with the og heroes to play the new ones but I don't grudge my opponent playing them. You can be vocal as you like over it but you're not going to stop people who want to main them from doing so.

Herbstlicht
06-06-2017, 01:27 AM
Hm, Candle, I kinda envy you :-) I personally did give up on the team modes for now. Really can't find the motivation to return. Maybe it is due to being in a stupid skill bracket, whatever. But .. a week .. or longer now? - anyway, roughly a week or two ago, when I tried to have some fun again in Dominion, the matches have been real bad. And so I made a decision to wait until changes would arrive. So .. I continue waiting some more. Won't do too much harm I hope :) Still good to see some fellow community members not giving in.

kweassa1917
06-06-2017, 01:55 AM
Endless, senseless whines, whines and more whines about the same subject again and again... and every time the arrogance to add in the "threats".

Don't need your "advice". You don't like the game? GTFO.

Facing Cents and Shibs so far has done nothing but teach me a lot about parrying spontaneous UB attacks from charged heavy finishers, and dodging in reaction to Shib doubledodge. Any frustration I've gone through is a process of learning.

You're welcome to remain illiterate and give up on reading because you can't make it bast "A.. B... C...", but stop dissin' those who learned to read, and stop your malevolent QQs against the writers. Me, I'm willing to learn to "read" more into this "book".

Knight_Raime
06-06-2017, 03:07 AM
You just make a bunch of VERY subjective observations to excuse your continued use of a broken character.

Nice mental gymnastics.....

People like you kill the game exploiting an unfair advantage.

Just today I ROFL stomped a guy over 5 rounds with 3 different characters.. Then he switches to Centurion.. Things changed awful fast. I ended up getting salty and bailing after a ****ty loss in a ****ty manner..

Ive dueled lvl 3 centurion bots with great success til the cows came home. I have NO issue with Shinobi.

If you think I suck go check out my stats on the stat tracker. I'm above average if not actually good and improving regularly.

One thing YOU need to learn as a Centurion player is that WHAT YOU THINK DOESNT MATTER.. If we all think hes OP and you rely on us to fight you then we are right and you are wrong..

Get some self respect and play an OG toon.. ****ing *****

Yeah. Just like. your opinion on the centurion is subjective. stating the obvious doesn't further the debate in any fashion. What mental gymnastics?
Saying i'm killing the game is as close as you can get to a hyperbolic statement. A lot of people i've played against have applauded my centurion play because I don't spam kick or spam any thing on him. I use all sorts of combos. I literally made a friend last night because he thought I was the best player he's ever fought. We dueled for an hour or more before heading into brawls. and we actually came across some people that could beat us both. The fights me and my new friend were actually fun and close as well. I wasn't rolling him.

To me sounds like you just struggle against a centurion. and rather than learning the match up with whatever hero you main you blame the game instead. Valk for instance isn't a particularly strong character. But i've always struggled against her despite climbing the hidden skill ladder. Maybe centurion is just your weak point as valk is mine? I never once thought you sucked. Or accused you of sucking. And I really don't care what your stats are. that doesn't make your opinion (or mine for that matter) facts. I simply state my opinion in the frame work of what I know works to counter him from playing against him on other heros. And the frame work of what defines each tier for heros. I'm not calling centurion a mid tier because I think he's bad. I call him a mid tier because based on what top skilled players define mid tier as. You can look on the competitive reddit or probably google his placement and you'll see people stating the same thing I am.

If you don't agree with them that's fine. So because I play a specific person my opinion is invalid? that's not how it works. All peoples opinions wether positive or negative. Constructive or flamey are all seen as valid to the developers. The whole world save me can think something. That doesn't really matter. Truth isn't constant. It's relative. I'm pretty sure that's not self respect. One doesn't get that from others. they get it from themselves. What you're speaking of is validation. Which I don't seek from you or anyone else.

SnugglesIV
06-06-2017, 06:28 AM

Cheers!

Firstly, I'm going to play whatever I damn well please. Secondly, if a new player asks how they are supposed to fight Centurion I will happily tell him what they are doing wrong and point them to a high level Cent streamer so they can ask questions about fighting Centurion. Thirdly, Centurion isn't OP. If you know his kit and his mixups, he's pretty easy to deal with or at least stay alive until help arrives in a 4v4.

Eastw00tz.Pyro
06-06-2017, 06:34 AM
Guys.

Simple! Kep it like Brawl.
Add limit of 1 equal hero at both teams in 4v4 modes, then nerf shin and cent a bit to make them easier to counter (so you dont need superman reactions without eye blinking the hole fight) - problem solved.

It could be so easy, but Ubisoft waits 2.000 years till 150 players are left overall playerbase.... stupid, stupid, stupid.

Sephoroidus
06-06-2017, 09:20 AM
I did unistall the game already..
I Will reinstall it only when Ubisoft will nerf centurion.
Playing Centurion character is like using legal cheats ingame.
I disagree to support this kind of shi*.
If Ubisoft will pretend that Centurion is ballanced, and don't nerf him soon.. there will be only centurions vs centurions left in the game.
With this approache to season pass updates, and bad netcode of the game.. it will soon become a desert.
Thank You for Your attention.

(Small nerfs doesn't matter, we need total redesign of this class as it's fckn OP with his unblockable shi* and auto magnetic attacks)

DrinkinMyStella
06-06-2017, 09:27 AM
well i'm going to continue repping up my centurion, learn to counter. you run into a gank squad then run the other way. you quit then accept the quit penalty then.

XxHunterHxX
06-06-2017, 09:32 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/XsUtdIeJ0MWMo/source.gif

How ir people still heaving a problem vs centurions in 1 v 1.....and if its 4 v 4 just do what 90% of people playing the game and go vs ai if you wana play some 4 v4 let the 4 v 4 game modes die already play only 2 v 2 and 1 v 1

HerZnait
06-06-2017, 09:47 AM
There are actually a lot of annoying characters to fight against, but the fact cent and ****nobi are new makes this game unplayable, coz EVERYONE is trying to play them and you have to fight ONLY them all day long... and both of them ARE NO FUN TO PLAY AGAINST (at least as raider i totally hate ****nobi fights, where you can win only if he makes mistakes).
I just quit game for now... maybe in few months when everyone stops playing them i will give it another chance - if it is not dead till then.

salekr
06-06-2017, 12:00 PM
It's not about OP Centurion or Shinobi (or how to beat them).
Everybody is missing the point.

New heroes CHANGED this beautiful game. But NOT in a good way.
For Honor is very ARCADE right now.

That is the PROBLEM!

If Devs CONTINUE to create this kind of characters in the future DLCs then it's OVER.
FH will become like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Injustice, Tekken...

Duuklah
06-07-2017, 12:39 AM
The main issue i have with centurion these days is that when i get kick stunned i CANT parry the fully charged pin then i eat an eagle talon.

So now i m at ~50% life and im OOS.... SOOOO FAIR AND FUN!!

Then there is the other issue where one gets on a roll vs me and they just spam endless unblockables that drain my stam and stun me. when the **** are they gonna go OOS? It seems endless!

Where as if i play my kensei or my raider I swing my swoard 4 or 5 times and have to take a break or go OOS.

I play Valk Zerker Kensei and Raider.. Those are the toons I play. On paper and in practice the centurions kit makes them 30-50% stronger than any of those toons in a 1v1.

Knight_Raime
06-07-2017, 01:57 AM
The main issue i have with centurion these days is that when i get kick stunned i CANT parry the fully charged pin then i eat an eagle talon.

So now i m at ~50% life and im OOS.... SOOOO FAIR AND FUN!!

Then there is the other issue where one gets on a roll vs me and they just spam endless unblockables that drain my stam and stun me. when the **** are they gonna go OOS? It seems endless!

Where as if i play my kensei or my raider I swing my swoard 4 or 5 times and have to take a break or go OOS.

I play Valk Zerker Kensei and Raider.. Those are the toons I play. On paper and in practice the centurions kit makes them 30-50% stronger than any of those toons in a 1v1.

The heavy after a kick charged or not is not guarenteed. and the kick itself doesn't wall splat. So if you can't parry/avoid it sorry but that's 100% on you. I've had nearly every class dodge or block/parry the heavy after the kick. to the point that I don't use heavy after a kick anymore.

Also your stamina loss point is just hyperbolic. The centurion needs several kicks to exhaust you completely. one kick will not do it. Only move centurion can do that rips away a lot of stam in few moves is his parry follow up where he knees you.

As for fighting multiple centurions I agree that's a problem. Which is why I wanted a hero limit. But ubi doesn't seem keen on doing that. As long as whatever nerfs they make to cent don't largely impact 1v1/2v2 i'm fine.

As for your toons raider has a hard time here. Valk is a neutral fight. and with kensei it's neutral but in the slight favor of kensei.

CandleInTheDark
06-07-2017, 02:02 AM
As for fighting multiple centurions I agree that's a problem. Which is why I wanted a hero limit. But ubi doesn't seem keen on doing that.

I agree with most of your post but ubi have been pretty clear on their reason for this. This is a game with less characters than the ones people use as a comparison to justify the idea and more importantly it is also a game with gear and the grind that goes with gear score which does not make it feasible. To get one hero to epic gear you need 100 levels with the latter levels in each rep point needing more xp than the earlier ones, not everyone has time to do this four or five (some people want a character ban system too) times over. Other than this the gear score system encourages the use of mains, some people simply don't want to use more than one character. My thought was to have character selection before matchmaking but if you're going to ask some people to wait longer then connection needs to be better. My real preference is no gear score but that isn't going to happen in this game.

Knight_Raime
06-07-2017, 02:12 AM
I agree with most of your post but ubi have been pretty clear on their reason for this. This is a game with less characters than the ones people use as a comparison to justify the idea and more importantly it is also a game with gear and the grind that goes with gear score which does not make it feasible. To get one hero to epic gear you need 100 levels with the latter levels in each rep point needing more xp than the earlier ones, not everyone has time to do this four or five (some people want a character ban system too) times over. Other than this the gear score system encourages the use of mains, some people simply don't want to use more than one character. My thought was to have character selection before matchmaking but if you're going to ask some people to wait longer then connection needs to be better. My real preference is no gear score but that isn't going to happen in this game.

See I didn't know their reasoning. I think the roster limit isn't a good enough excuse. at the end of for honor's year 1 it will have 17 heros. that's plenty. And if for honor is anything like siege it might get a year 2 pass with more people. As for the rest. All they got to do is make a 4v4 search without gear score enabled. They want this game to be competitive. But gear having an impact will not be picked up in the competitive scene and instead if it's picked up at all it will only be duels/brawls. No hero based game has hero stacking if it aims to be competitive.