PDA

View Full Version : How to make revenge useful again

Chucky_Jones
06-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Currently revenge is kinda useless when you are getting tanked cause you just get stunlocked to death by cc spam. My idea is that activating revenge gives you the shugoki uninterruptable stance for the duration of the revenge. Another change would be for opponents you kill while in revenge mode to be unrevivable. I think those to changes would help counter cc spam and make 1vXs winnable.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-05-2017, 06:18 AM
Revenge is fine the way it is.

Chucky_Jones
06-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Would you mind explaining how it is useful? I realize it does auto parry on activation, but that doesn't matter because your follow up attack almost always gets interrupted by cc spam. All revenge really does is reduce the damage you take and delay your death. I'm not saying that revenge should become God Mode again but I think it needs to counter cc spam or their is no chance of winning when outnumbered by classes with cc spam. As I wrote this I realized I may be having an especially bad experience because I main kensei and he has no cc to knock people down with while in revenge, so I guess my post is kinda specific to classes without cc.

OnyxCoffee
06-05-2017, 09:15 AM
I think this is the way Ubisoft wants to go with the game. They said earlier they want the game to be even less reactable than it is now meaning more realism overall. As a single soldier you will not survive an onslaught of attacks from 3 people trying to lock you down.

RoosterIlluzion
06-05-2017, 09:42 AM

CoyoteXStarrk has spoken! The leader of Ubisoft, and Judge, Jury, Executioner of the For Honor community says everything is fine the way it is. Good day.

DrinkinMyStella
06-05-2017, 09:44 AM

That's it? revenge find the way it is? maybe give a reason?

Duuklah
06-05-2017, 10:01 AM
The only reason revenge feels like crap now is that as soon as you pop it you get CCed by 3 centurions and a Lawbringer....

DrinkinMyStella
06-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Lets face it anyone who say how having a decent revenge is not realistic doesnt know what they are talking about, pretty much every aspect of the game is unrealistic. The way revenge is you may as well get rid of it completely as it hardly does anything with the way the CC is now. popping revenge when your the last man standing makes the game very tense and adds to the thrill and pace to the game and gives you a chance to fend off the enemy. Getting jumped by a gang is considered an unhonrable kill so having a good revenge makes sense in this situation as that's the definition of revenge.

Mia.Nora
06-05-2017, 10:41 AM
I made the EXACT SAME suggestion a while ago, and probably some others before me.

Full CC Immunity for whole Revenge Duration is the solution to Dominion CC-Gank problem.

Draghmar
06-05-2017, 10:47 AM
I made the EXACT SAME suggestion a while ago, and probably some others before me.

Full CC Immunity for whole Revenge Duration is the solution to Dominion CC-Gank problem.
I'd balanced this by removing knockdowns from all the moves that have them during revenge (like for example Nobushi's kick).

Lumina-US
06-05-2017, 09:33 PM
CoyoteXStarrk has spoken! The leader of Ubisoft, and Judge, Jury, Executioner of the For Honor community says everything is fine the way it is. Good day.Well, your leader has recently left the game, so much for that and no, revenge is not fine as it is!

We should at least get the Defense-Buff back that it originally had, plus the auto-parry that it once had is no longer there, so you might as well just get rid of revenge altogether.

I don't see a single point in it anymore, because of this two main reasons:

First, ever since the change, from Average Billy Boy Joe, down to Melissa PeeWee, noone takes it seriously amymore. So they just keep standing there and continue to hit the mashed bananas out of you until you're pulp.

Second, what's the damn point of that so called Jokevenge if you aren't even immune to CC's for 2 seconds ?

Seriously, the devs of this game, must be more than brain-dead - first they release it as a true Super-Mario mode, just to turn it into a pile of dog poo a few patches later - they can't get ANYTHING right.

But no suprise there, just look at how their so called dev testers are playing the game...

bmason1000
06-05-2017, 09:55 PM
I feel like revenge definitely gives me an edge and has saved my a** consistently. I very much prefer it over the old system. I'm with coyote on this one, its fine. Any more adjustments and you're inching back to the old system, which i personally despised.

SplugeKing
06-05-2017, 10:12 PM
Is it just me or does the centurions attacks seem immune to revenge? IMO i think when he knocks you down and you gain revenge it should block his leaping stab.

Chucky_Jones
06-05-2017, 10:50 PM
I really like the idea of removing the knockdown from cc while in revenge as a trade off. I think if it was paired with imunity to cc while in revenge revenge would be worthwhile and also consistent throughout the classes, rather than vastly more powerful for classes with cc spam like it is now.

Herbstlicht
06-05-2017, 11:12 PM
This isn't the first thread asking for a revenge nerf. I personally am fully behind this. What recent leavers say, I don't care, with coyote, I even couldn't care less. Like a flag in the wind he changes opinion depending on whatever mood he is in or whose pro's opinion he did read last.

Nevertheless, Season 2 did **** it up hard, for a lot of players. Despite delivering beautiful new maps and overall the most complete skill sets heroes did ever get in the game up to now. If it wasn't for this freakin cc ...

Knight_Raime
06-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Revenge needs a lot of tweaks.
For one it shouldn't build up in 1v1 situations period. it has no place there.
second the amount of revenge earned should be static. right now revenge builds slowly in 1v1 and massively jumps as soon as another person enters.
It should be changed so you don't get revenge building till you have at least 3 people in on fight. at that point and from then on the amount shouldn't change regardless of how many people join in.
This is easily achieved by making it so revenge gain is turned "on" once 2 people tag a person.

Unblockable bashes should lose their knockdown effect.
We should get some visible meter to tell when someones revenge is filling and how much they have. that way you can play around the activation.
And revenge itself should give reduced effect on CC moves. So you won't be stunned into oblivion. But things like long arm or demons embrace will still be something you need to prioritize.

UbiJurassic
06-06-2017, 02:08 AM
We've been forwarding a lot of the feedback players have given about the current state of revenge. No plans to adjust it yet, but if we find that it isnt working as intended, we may look to readjust it again. We want revenge to be useful, but re buffing it to revenge pre-nerf would be a large problem we'd rather not see again.

basic-one
06-06-2017, 02:42 AM
We've been forwarding a lot of the feedback players have given about the current state of revenge. No plans to adjust it yet, but if we find that it isnt working as intended, we may look to readjust it again. We want revenge to be useful, but re buffing it to revenge pre-nerf would be a large problem we'd rather not see again.

Is there any explanation for why only one character (Centurion) out of the entire character cast can ignore revenge and knockdown a character through activation?

It seems like an incredibly dumb decision to allow one character to knock down and freely attack anybody who attempts to activate revenge.

UbiJurassic
06-06-2017, 02:55 AM
Is there any explanation for why only one character (Centurion) out of the entire character cast can ignore revenge and knockdown a character through activation?

It seems like an incredibly dumb decision to allow one character to knock down and freely attack anybody who attempts to activate revenge.

No information yet on if this is intended, but we are aware of the community's concerns regarding it and should be looking into it.

Mia.Nora
06-06-2017, 03:11 AM

NOONE is asking for OLD revenge! Just actually read the damn post, we are asking for CC Immunity during revenge. Right now activating revenge does absolutely nothing vs New heroes. They still CC you both at the activation of revenge and for its whole duration.

FFS... this is hopeless, I am glad injustice 2 came out at the same time you guys ****ed this game up for good.

Lumina-US
06-06-2017, 08:46 AM
NOONE is asking for OLD revenge! Just actually read the damn post, we are asking for CC Immunity during revenge. Right now activating revenge does absolutely nothing vs New heroes. They still CC you both at the activation of revenge and for its whole duration.THIS!

Nobody said bring back the old Super Mario-mode, but at least give us the old auto-parry back or CC immunity in return at the very least, so you actually stand a minimum chance to fend off a 3 on 1 gankfest!

But statements like "No plans to adjust it yet, but if we find that it isnt working as intended, we may look in to readjust it again..." only show proof that you guys either don't play the game in the right way, or more likely - NOT AT ALL even, because Jokevenge right now, is NOT working as intended!

Draghmar
06-06-2017, 09:11 AM
I want to just add one thing. Thing that I already stated a few times. This is not directly Cent/Shinobi issue. AFIK all classes have move that is unblockable CC and this move goes through revenge. Nobushi's kick will knockback even if target was activating revenge. The only difference is that Cent is so much more punishing with this because his CC leads to great damage and knockdown that makes great target for others. So basically Ubi should give immunity to CC at least during revenge activation.

DrinkinMyStella
06-06-2017, 09:30 AM
NOONE is asking for OLD revenge! Just actually read the damn post, we are asking for CC Immunity during revenge. Right now activating revenge does absolutely nothing vs New heroes. They still CC you both at the activation of revenge and for its whole duration.

FFS... this is hopeless, I am glad injustice 2 came out at the same time you guys ****ed this game up for good.

dam right, i made a poll before and tons of players agreed that just a sight buff is needed not the old revenge just a few tweaks.

Capoupacap
06-06-2017, 12:31 PM
I find this idea quite nice actually !