PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Missions randomize function is clearly broken, this also breaks Captain role

Rip3001
06-04-2017, 09:27 PM
The star charts show a vast array of warp systems; however, after running dozens of these as Captain, there's really only 4 systems that are called upon for use. There is also a severe lack of randomized events; only one mission type has a civilian vessel in need of rescue partway through. The only random aspect appears to be the starting location of the mission. It seriously feels like the ongoing missions are just 4 more preset campaign missions.

From interviews and in-game text, it would suggest that objects would be randomized as the mission progressed. IE: Mission starts with needing anomaly research in Warp System A -> Distress call received suddenly by civilian (or heck, pirate) ship that has lost engines near unstable sun -> Simultaneous alert from Star Fleet ordering immediate support for allied ships ambushed in Warp System F -> etc.

The entire premise of the first campaign mission and Kobayashi Maru simulation is to task the captain with difficult decisions, however that doesn't feel like it exists in the game. As is, the captain just follows the objectives in completely linear manner.

Buckarama
06-06-2017, 02:11 PM
I have also noticed that where they want me to go about halfway through the missions doesn't exist - most times I can't finish the mission. Or I'm stupid. :)

Have you noticed this?

WeirdWizardDave
06-06-2017, 02:41 PM
I have also noticed that where they want me to go about halfway through the missions doesn't exist - most times I can't finish the mission. Or I'm stupid. :)

Have you noticed this?

I've never been directed to a location that doesn't exist. Some locations are nested inside others, but its easy to find just click on the map location thats highlighted in yellow.

Buckarama
06-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Yeah I've done that but apparently there is something I'm missing which makes me feel even more stupid :)

Thank you