PDA

View Full Version : [PSVR] Is support aware of the impulse bug?

johnmschoonover
06-04-2017, 09:13 PM
A cursory look shows that people have reported the Warp bug but I didn't see any mention of the Impulse bug. If it hadn't been reported, I'd like to take this time to document it so as to enable resolution on the matter.

Similar to the Warp bug, the Impulse bug keeps certain actions of roles locked as though the ship is still under impulse power for travel. Some have stated that this is due to cross-platform play, pushing buttons while travelling, or lagginess of helm. I feel that I have all but disproven these through trial-and-error. Nevertheless, I haven't been able to find a common problem aside from the fact that when one person experiences the issue, he seems to "infect" other players with the issue.

Retrying the mission doesn't help, nor does re-joining a new group, restarting the game, the console, or reinstalling the game as a whole. I'd be willing to bet that when these solutions do seem to work, it's because enough time has passed that a mission with a new group is made with people not carrying whatever the qualifying factor is.

Easy-to-identify symptoms include:

Engineering: Engineering panel is locked on the engines section for impulse power; you cannot switch to 'Routing'
Helm: Lacks the ability to steer and set speed
Tactical: Lacks the ability to scan or fire phasers
Captain: Lacks the ability to open any menu's from the left-hand side of the chair.

I hope this writeup helps; if I can provide any further detail, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Ubi-Pickles
06-07-2017, 08:47 PM
A cursory look shows that people have reported the Warp bug but I didn't see any mention of the Impulse bug. If it hadn't been reported, I'd like to take this time to document it so as to enable resolution on the matter.

Similar to the Warp bug, the Impulse bug keeps certain actions of roles locked as though the ship is still under impulse power for travel. Some have stated that this is due to cross-platform play, pushing buttons while travelling, or lagginess of helm. I feel that I have all but disproven these through trial-and-error. Nevertheless, I haven't been able to find a common problem aside from the fact that when one person experiences the issue, he seems to "infect" other players with the issue.

Retrying the mission doesn't help, nor does re-joining a new group, restarting the game, the console, or reinstalling the game as a whole. I'd be willing to bet that when these solutions do seem to work, it's because enough time has passed that a mission with a new group is made with people not carrying whatever the qualifying factor is.

Easy-to-identify symptoms include:

Engineering: Engineering panel is locked on the engines section for impulse power; you cannot switch to 'Routing'
Helm: Lacks the ability to steer and set speed
Tactical: Lacks the ability to scan or fire phasers
Captain: Lacks the ability to open any menu's from the left-hand side of the chair.

I hope this writeup helps; if I can provide any further detail, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Hey there. Thank you for providing those details. The team is aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.