PDA

View Full Version : Getting boring and annoying (Matchmaking and parry kings)

chrisdaniel1122
06-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Does anyone else think that this game is slowly turning into who can stare and wait to parry the best? The game is really getting stale for me since I just stare at people or get romped on by people millions of lightyears above my skill level. The matchmaking seems to try and find people my skill level but it always turns out to be a lvl 11 vs rep 30 or lvl 1 vs rep 8 (when of course it allows me to actually join instead of giving errors). I'm really just wondering if anyone else is feeling this way about the game too.

TheMalakith
06-04-2017, 05:30 AM
Yep. There are better games you can play, so that's what i've started doing.

bmason1000
06-04-2017, 05:33 AM
Is this a much larger problem on pc than it is on ps4? Because i don't run in to this staring contest very often at all. I mean i guess I'm also really aggressive so...maybe i do and I'm just not playing along.

Tyrjo
06-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Is this a much larger problem on pc than it is on ps4? Because i don't run in to this staring contest very often at all. I mean i guess I'm also really aggressive so...maybe i do and I'm just not playing along.

It most definitely is. I also play on PS4 and the "turtle meta", I just don't see it...

radi0wantcandy
06-04-2017, 08:45 AM
I really hope that if they are deadset on changing parries because people are impatient that they look at the disparities between 60fps and 30fps for honor rather than just releasing a change unilaterally across all platforms.

On consoles, parry is just fine the way it is in my opinion.

XxHunterHxX
06-04-2017, 08:56 AM
at the moment im only playing 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 vs players and leveling up all caracters to prestige 7 then im gona take a break thill season 3 and see if it will change something then

DrExtrem
06-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Consoles are a different pair of shoes.

Parrying heavy attacks here is not a big thing - light attacks however, are. While it should be more fun, it opens up new problems, because the game is designed around being able to parry light attacks as well. This leads to assassins and fast hybrids being significantly stronger on console, than they are on PC.

This is not going to change, because its not a problem according to the devs. And they continue to balance the game based on the PC crowd.

DeLatv
06-04-2017, 09:16 AM
If your opponent is parrying, then this game is still somewhat healthy, its the guys who only block are cancer.

UbiNoty
06-05-2017, 01:21 AM
Matchmaking changes will be coming soon! And we're looking at changes to parry for the defense meta patch - mostly we dont like the fact that a heavy comes with such a high risk of a free gb, so we want to look to give parry slightly less benefits against heavies. We'll give more details about our plans for parry later when we're getting ready to release our defense meta update.