PDA

View Full Version : Unblockables VS Uninterruptibles

Existentialmeme
06-04-2017, 03:57 AM
With the addition of the new characters, Unblockables(UB) and Uninterruptibles(UI) are seen a lot more than before, and I raised my interest to see what actually interrupts and UI. So, I did a little testing on UB and UI and thought I would share it with the community and the Devs to see what you guys think, here it goes:

UB can be separated into two different categories: UB attacks (Centurion's charged jab, Kensei's top finisher) and UB knockbacks (Centurion's kick, Shinobi's kick etc.),whereas UI is a bit simpler (I'm going to exclude Shugoki's UI stance because that's a bit different than the UI attacks)

With the tests that I did, I found that UB attacks cannot interrupt UI attacks, but UB knockback can. For example (from my test), Kensei's side UI attack can tank through Centurion's charged heavy, but it cannot with any knockback kicks.

Shinobi's kick, a UB knockback with UI, can interrupt anything it comes its way, even if you get hit, your kick still goes through, but you take either stamina damage from kicks or health damage from attacks.

So, for Shugoki, it's quite simple. Shugoki's UI stance can take one hit from anything, even Shinobi's kick, without being staggered.

That's all that I've tested for, and I think I covered most if not all of UB vs UI things, let me know if there's anything that I missed.
so right now: Shugoki UI stance > Shinobi's UI UB knockback > UB knockback > UI attacks > UB attacks.

Now, lets discuss whether UI should be interrupted by UB knockbacks~
I personally think UI should simply be that, Uninterruptible (with the exception of parry of course), this will fix the revenge situation where revenge is completely useless against any characters with UB knockbacks, as well as Centurion's a lot of problem with UB knockbacks with normal fight.

Let me know what you guys think! And devs please read this as well to see if UI is intended to be interrupted by UB knockbacks.

Existentialmeme
06-04-2017, 12:51 PM
wow no comment at all :(

kweassa1917
06-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Like I said in the original thread you made elsewhere, even Shug's UI doesn't stop cent charged heavies and it's forced pin. You mentioned in that thread that the Kensei side-heavy UI during combos withstand the pin, and if that's true it's the only case of UI ever standing upto the goddarn charged heavy pin.

...and btw, don't expect much from general discussions people. They specialize in whining, not theorycrafting.

l8knight347
06-04-2017, 01:31 PM
ui attack cannot be interrupted by ub knockbacks at least not 100% of them. when you do LB shove still gets hit by warlord heavy.

Existentialmeme
06-04-2017, 03:37 PM
ui attack cannot be interrupted by ub knockbacks at least not 100% of them. when you do LB shove still gets hit by warlord heavy.

So the Warlord doesn't get pushed back at all? because you guy might have just traded. Although I didn't test that

Duuklah
06-05-2017, 10:57 AM
I get interrupted during an UI side heavy on my kensei all the time by shins and cents.. ONLY

Existentialmeme
06-05-2017, 06:02 PM
I get interrupted during an UI side heavy on my kensei all the time by shins and cents.. ONLY

Well if it's the cent kick, uppercut, for shinobi's kick, yes you will be interrupted. I'm trying to argue that UB knockbacks should not interrupt UI attacks

Duuklah
06-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Well if it's the cent kick, uppercut, for shinobi's kick, yes you will be interrupted. I'm trying to argue that UB knockbacks should not interrupt UI attacks

I agree. I dont like it