PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi Guardbreak

Ngallo22
06-03-2017, 04:38 PM
I was playing Skirmish today, and found myself in a couple situations in which I was outnumbered.

Most of these times included a Shinobi.

While I was targeting another enemy however, the Shinobi's were always able to throw out a guardbreak with their sickle on me from the side.

The problem was, there is no notification I was being either hit or guardbroken until it is FAR too late to react.

With this, I was in a constant vortex of being guardbroken, without awareness as I was attacking another hero, then pulled in and diced up.

Any way this guardbreak notification for Shinobi while attacking another hero can be addressed??

Thanks ubi

- With honor

kweassa1917
06-03-2017, 04:47 PM
I was playing Skirmish today, and found myself in a couple situations in which I was outnumbered.

Most of these times included a Shinobi.

While I was targeting another enemy however, the Shinobi's were always able to throw out a guardbreak with their sickle on me from the side.

The problem was, there is no notification I was being either hit or guardbroken until it is FAR too late to react.

With this, I was in a constant vortex of being guardbroken, without awareness as I was attacking another hero, then pulled in and diced up.

Any way this guardbreak notification for Shinobi while attacking another hero can be addressed??

Thanks ubi

- With honor

A separate indicator for ranged attacks/GB attempts would not be an unreasonable request, IMO. The base off-target attack indicators probably never assumed that an actual ranged attack would be implemented into the game in this manner.

For the time being, it's best to try and keep the shib within your FoV, in which case blocking ranged attacks or CGBing isn't all too difficult. But since generally the difficulty of fighting 1v2 situations with a seasoned shib as one of the assailants is quite challenging, I'd recommend to try and time a ranged CGB to plop the shib, and then use that chance to extend your fight and try to make it an equal 2v2 by buying time or moving away.

Pillow_Hands
06-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Yeah, Shinobi's ranged attacks don't give a notification, so they can also use their regular attacks on you and you won't know until it hits you.

Don't worry, though. Ubisoft will fix it next year, or so. Just need to be patient.

UbiNoty
06-05-2017, 02:18 AM
Will alert the team so we can look into it!

basic-one
06-05-2017, 02:27 AM
Will alert the team so we can look into it!

Can you explain how such an obvious and unbalanced issue made it into the final build of the game?

Or is this another case of "we already have your money"?