ur fix did nothing, its OP as ****

XxHunterHxX
06-03-2017, 09:39 AM

Did you read the patch notes ? They actualy buffed hem ! hahahaha

Swiesa
06-03-2017, 09:53 AM

The devs are completely clueless and do not bother testing their own game, I think. Or they all play Centurions.

Dakaal
06-03-2017, 10:12 AM
this game become so annoying, i cant even play more then 5 games before i lose my mind and start raging, maybe i am a bad player but that means that the game is made for exclusive players, not for everybody else, well ...

Cyb3rBlad3x
06-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Centruion's no problem in game, fast characters punishing him to easy. But, many centruion really boring (stun, kick and knockback).And i think best bad character in game.

Herbstlicht
06-03-2017, 11:00 AM
No one punishes centurion this easy. He IS a freakin fast character, being able to punish his 4on4 easymode standart combo does by no means say he is balanced. Fast lights, fast heavys, unparaleled punish and stamina damage without having to sacrifice standart guard is so much over the top ...

A good centurion slowly poking with a mix of lights, feints and getting in that one parry is a beast beyond comparision - except for perfect played Shinobi. But Shinobi at least doesn't hurt 4on4 as much.

And for all that think Cent is fine: just help this games community dwindle even faster.

Lyskir
06-03-2017, 12:04 PM
i dont get why still so many guys play centurion and naruto ( i guess cc spam ftw)

i got cent to rep 3 in the first 3 days of seasonpass release and switched to raider again because cent is boring af...

KalkPost
06-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Dodge

Dhaleks
06-03-2017, 12:11 PM
i dont get why still so many guys play centurion and naruto ( i guess cc spam ftw)

i got cent to rep 3 in the first 3 days of seasonpass release and switched to raider again because cent is boring af...

Shinobi is interesting to play, but very tense also : you can kill him with 2 heavies and it is quite a challenge to stay alive with him.
But I'm switching back to the zerker - base heroes are much more fun to play...

Gastgrinder
06-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Dodge

...and Git Gud

The_B0G_
06-03-2017, 12:54 PM
...and Git Gud

Try dealing with 2 cents in a team mode and see how dodging works out for you. You get hit once and you may as well put your remote down, because you won't regain control of your character again until after you respawn.

Anyone who says he's not OP is just wrecking with him and doesn't want to lose easy mode.

Hormly
06-03-2017, 01:23 PM
its telling how the shinobi screaming has died down quite a bit, but the cent screaming is just getting louder

kweassa1917
06-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Try dealing with 2 cents in a team mode and see how dodging works out for you. You get hit once and you may as well put your remote down, because you won't regain control of your character again until after you respawn.

So why are you fighting 2 of those when you already know you can't handle it?

Masochism?

Anyone who says he's not OP is just wrecking with him and doesn't want to lose easy mode.

...or alternately, simply knows how not to let oneself be ganked like an unaware fool. :rolleyes:

Swiesa
06-03-2017, 05:15 PM
I play for fun, but playing against ridiculous centurions is not fun. I just Alt+F4 whenever up against those a-holes, but the problem is that almost every single team is full of them. Maybe should just give up the game.

I wish you could just blacklist one FOTM class in the matchmaking, so they could play alone.

Kraxers
06-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Moaar data moaaar dataa

We.the.North
06-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Centruion's no problem in game

And I thought the Valkyrie was a "combo" hero :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjPphalDYUs : Extremely high damage and hard to escape combos

Centurion is a close range hero :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3-KffN-cY : Centurion "zooming" forward on his attacks if opponent dodges backward

Centurion tracking :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZmfRLC2_x4 : Leap Attack Tracking
http://imgur.com/SQuNlkz : Charged Heavy Attack Tracking

Centurion Infinite CC ganking squads :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0cF6gs7tU : *Laugh*, oh my god, he couldn't do ****, that was cheese.

Regarding "just dodge", there is such a thing as "too small of a dodge window" causing all those weird tracking behavior. Yes, dodging is the answer to most of Centurion's move, but the fact the dodge window is so small and the sheer amount of ungodly punishment he can do once he connects is ridiculous and really deserve a major nerf.

Maybe should just give up the game.

That's basically what I did. I got Mass Effect Andromeda and Nier Automata to do now. Plenty of things to do in those 2 games before I come back to For Honor and once I come back, I sure hope centurion will have gotten nerfed to the ground.

Gastgrinder
06-03-2017, 07:14 PM
I play for fun, but playing against ridiculous centurions is not fun. I just Alt+F4 whenever up against those a-holes, but the problem is that almost every single team is full of them. Maybe should just give up the game.

I wish you could just blacklist one FOTM class in the matchmaking, so they could play alone.

Is the same with me, I leave every match against centurion and every match where more like one shinoobi is.
Pathetic how far it has already come...
Thx Ubi

Pillow_Hands
06-03-2017, 07:38 PM
And I thought the Valkyrie was a "combo" hero :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjPphalDYUs : Extremely high damage and hard to escape combos

Not being 'that guy', but in the middle of his cutscene worthy combo, there is 1 part where you can counter guard break the grab, to stop the combo, but in design it's one of the dumbest things about Centurion because if you don't, he gets more free damage on you on top of all the free damage he just got on you. Not many other heroes have that kind of combo mechanism going on. Warden has 50/50's, sure, which is also a problem but for separate reasons than the hour long combo Centurion can do, and it doesn't even drain all his own stamina. Instead, you're the one without any stamina by the end, and he can just stamina punish you.

With most heroes, the amount of punish you can get on a Centurion if he misses a kick, or his lunge or unblockable side heavy gets parried/dodged, is not at all equivalent to the amount of punish he can do with a single parry.

Y_Shrewditch
06-03-2017, 08:30 PM
its telling how the shinobi screaming has died down quite a bit, but the cent screaming is just getting louder

Most of the Shinobi hate was aimed towards the safe kicks and free heavies. While still a problem, without it a Shinobi is actually quite weak(ish).

I was surprised too that there was less rage in the beginning against the Centurion, maybe because the talk was all about kicking, and Cent's kick isn't all that great.
The rest of him though, is OP as hell.

His stamina cost is so low, even on whiffs, he can unleash a full combo which brings you down to a bar of health and no stamina, while he gets to do it all over again with almost half his stamina remaining.
Dodging the attacks is already more timing-sensitive than other classes, with 180 turns in midair, but he also gets a softfeinted gb while charging, making dodging even less reliable. Unless maybe you're on an assassin and don't get jumped anyway mid dodge-attack.
On top of that, the actual parry window for the unblockable heavy seems much smaller than that of other characters.

I'm not one to whine quickly, but the more I fight this character, or better said, try to survive more than 30 seconds, the more I feel I've brought a dull butterknife to fight a Howitzer. It used to be somewhat fun to squeeze out a win by being on my perfect game. But after a while getting stunlocked because of one mistake sort of lost all appeal, especially since it's usually a done deal after being left with no stamina and one healthbar, facing a Cent with enough stamina left to do it all over again.

Where I used to appreciate the notion to not make changes nilly-willy in order to not break the class, I no longer care. This character broke the game, I wouldn't mind one bit anymore if they break him a couple of times in the attempt to fix him.

UbiJurassic
06-04-2017, 12:12 AM
The most recent changes to Centurion were to fix intended behaviors for the Centurion. The next patch, 1.09, will contain the nerfs to both Centurion and Shinobi, among other things.

CrunaCross
06-04-2017, 03:36 AM
The most recent changes to Centurion were to fix intended behaviors for the Centurion. The next patch, 1.09, will contain the nerfs to both Centurion and Shinobi, among other things.

You heard the man. Case closed.

agentpoop
06-04-2017, 05:41 AM
No other character can link unblockables like him, when the 2nd one (punches you) comes in you cannot doing anything about it cause you got hit by some charge up stab thing which is worse the the worst curve ball because it has no specific timing so parrying is a guessing game. Then with this unblockable stun punch you also get knocked to the floor as a result of the hardest move to parry in the game which he can then jump on you and hit you with one of the strongest attacks in the game and you can't do anything about it. Then when you get up all your stamina is gone and he's barely tired. No other character can even knock someone to the ground as easily as he does, if anyone should be able to do that it's Shugoki, his slow speed would off set that advantage. But the fact the Cent can broad jump further than an olympian onto you, is faster than most characters, can stun and drain stamina instantly while linking you with unblockables you cannot even react to, and a broken targeting system where even if you are focusing on dodging he heat seeks onto you no matter where you go unless you land the dodge in the absolute smallest perfect window of opportunity. Who is good against him? Valk can maybe knock him down , Orochi can dodge and Shinobi can pelt from distance. But none of those things matter when getting to do those things can't happen when you are constantly drained of stamina because he heat seeked onto you then punched you a bunch when you attempted to dodge him. He is no where near balanced and shouldn't have been released. He looks super cool I get it, but he breaks the gameplay. Shinobi is weak enough to be not totally unbalanced, but how do the Devs seriously expect and Conq or Lawbringer to fight one?

CoyoteXStarrk
06-04-2017, 06:23 AM
The Centurion is only "OP" when combined with another Centurian.

On his own he gets destroyed by any character in the game with a Dodge attack.

Mia.Nora
06-04-2017, 09:07 AM

That is only true by kick spamming Centurions. Good ones who mixup are way better than %80 of the rooster, due to how big the punish you get from one mistake.

Y_Shrewditch
06-04-2017, 10:11 AM
The next patch, 1.09, will contain the nerfs to both Centurion and Shinobi, among other things.

Thanks, that is good to know. And while recent tweaks to characters were actually decent, I hope you'll excuse the skepticism when I say I hope it's not just a fix to their moveset descriptions.

bananaflow2017
06-04-2017, 10:21 AM

This. Tue only other Thing: it's boring to Play against same 2 character nearly 24/7.
Actually they are a plague.

MarkedElite
06-04-2017, 10:26 AM
I don't think you should be able to knock down people when they have full/most of their stamina from just a heavy. A stagger is PLENTY, especially when people are by walls and when you take into the account how much damage cent does. Maybe only when out of stam? I mean, cent already drains a ridiculous amount of stamina. Would make the character a lot more balanced and make more sense. Even the Valkrie has to start a chain just to knock you down and even then can't jump on you instantly for damage AND it can actually be dodged with the right timing...

Also, shinobi is stupid too.

Lyskir
06-04-2017, 11:38 AM

i hope they make the damn dash kick punishable or remove the guaranteed heavy, its the only nerf shinobi needs

im worried about cent, he is damn anoying in 4v4 but easy to handle in 1v1....mmhh hope the nerf will not destroy him in 1v1 situations, i dont main him but we have enough low tier heroes.....

CoyoteXStarrk
06-04-2017, 12:32 PM
That is only true by kick spamming Centurions. Good ones who mixup are way better than %80 of the rooster, due to how big the punish you get from one mistake.

No its true for the Centurion period.

I'm sorry if you choose to disagree, but as a Beserker and as a Orochi I have absolutely ZERO issues with centurion in a 1v1 situation no matter how hard they try.

Even their best mix-ups still include easily avoided heavies and stuns. If you have issues and wanna makes excuses for those issues that is your prerogative, but i choose to rather get better than try to blame the game for my own issues.

Pillow_Hands
06-04-2017, 02:39 PM

That's why most good Centurions turtle up against faster characters.

basic-one
06-04-2017, 02:42 PM
The problem is bigger than just balance. He's simply not fun to fight.

Daij.Djan
06-04-2017, 04:18 PM
The problem is bigger than just balance. He's simply not fun to fight.

True...

Danioku
06-04-2017, 04:32 PM

Did you sell enought?

Is it time to give players their game back ?

vgrimr_J
06-04-2017, 05:41 PM
i hope they are gonna ger rid of the free jab after charged heavy hits no-one should get that much out of a single heavy hit.

vDerickv
06-04-2017, 06:27 PM
All of you who say centurion is fine has never played 3v1d vs all centurions The a x kick move then the unlockable rt after while in a 3 centurions vs 1 anyone else is overpowered just remove the unblockable rt after the kick. Def would slow down his chain! Not like conqueror has an unblockable rt after his sheild bash... make the game more fair.

Knight_Raime
06-04-2017, 07:07 PM

Really? I seriously hope the nerfs are just fixes to certain behaviors. and not his actual kit.
centurion is at the top of mid tier. he's really not difficult to beat out right on his own.
if the nerfs are just to 4v4 and it doesn't impact 1v1 that's fine.

JibletHunter
06-04-2017, 08:09 PM

I'm sorry if you choose to disagree, but as a Beserker and as a Orochi I have absolutely ZERO issues with centurion in a 1v1 situation no matter how hard they try.

Even their best mix-ups still include easily avoided heavies and stuns. If you have issues and wanna makes excuses for those issues that is your prerogative, but i choose to rather get better than try to blame the game for my own issues.

Classic Coyote stark, assuming he is right (even though he doesn't even play this game anymore) without really saying anything of substance. Lets just look at a single area of the cent's kit- the charged heavy into punch into eagle's talon. The centurion can soft feint any charged or uncharged heavy into a GB. Generally, parry is unreliable, as the timing can differ at the
centurion's whim. Additionally, the feint window and doge window interact in a way that will always allow the Cent to read a dodge, soft feint, and GB while you are still in the dodge animation. The only characters that have a reliable solution to this are characters with a dodge attack (excluding nobushi, as she does not move far enough to dodge the heavy if the cent decides to follow though.

This leaves ALL CHARACTERS WITHOUT A DODGE ATTACK 3 options-1) attempt to parry with random timing, 2) dodge and get GB'd on reaction though soft feint, 3) take a big stamina drain to roll back and simply reset to neutral (in which case the cent can just attempt again).

If 1/3 of the cast cannot counter this single mechanic, then "use a dodge attack" is not really a viable response. Again, the cent does not need to guess and can insure a GB on reaction when 2/3 of the cast dodges.

For characters with dodge attacks, most competent cents will turtle for the highest in game punish on light parries, and parries next to walls. Its asinine to assume a good cent will not adapt their play-style around something as significant as dodge attacks.

I am glad you want to stay and contribute to the community after you stopped playing. However, if you only remain to bully others and use narrow logic in pursuit of appearing correct, then you are really just hurting the community. Example: narrowly argues about dodge attacks, ignores 2/3 of the cast, insults another's game-play. Indicates he is correct regardless of what anyone else says and says he is getting better even though he rage quit. Hmmm.

Antonioj26
06-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Classic Coyote stark, assuming he is right (even though he doesn't even play this game anymore) without really saying anything of substance. Lets just look at a single area of the cent's kit- the charged heavy into punch into eagle's talon. The centurion can soft feint any charged or uncharged heavy into a GB. Generally, parry is unreliable, as the timing can differ at the
centurion's whim. Additionally, the feint window and doge window interact in a way that will always allow the Cent to read a dodge, soft feint, and GB while you are still in the dodge animation. The only characters that have a reliable solution to this are characters with a dodge attack (excluding nobushi, as she does not move far enough to dodge the heavy if the cent decides to follow though.

This leaves ALL CHARACTERS WITHOUT A DODGE ATTACK 3 options-1) attempt to parry with random timing, 2) dodge and get GB'd on reaction though soft feint, 3) take a big stamina drain to roll back and simply reset to neutral (in which case the cent can just attempt again.

If 1/3 of the cast cannot counter this single mechanic, then "use a dodge attack" is not really a viable response. Again, the cent does not need to guess and can insure a GB on reaction when 2/3 of the cast dodges.

Everyone actually can. I'll admit it can be difficult to fight cents at first but once you start used to them they are not nearly as bad.

If he heavies you block, don't bother trying to parry these since as you mentioned he can determine when to let it go.
If he charges into unblockable you parry, it glows orange for quite some time so it gives you enough time to react and once it is orange it cannot be soft feinted into gb and it can't be cancelled making the timing consistent for this one
Just don't try to dodge unless you see a jab or a kick coming and you won't have to worry about GB. Neither of those can be cancelled or soft feinted.

Hormly
06-04-2017, 08:34 PM
the centurion wears his underwear backwards

Knight_Raime
06-04-2017, 09:13 PM

This leaves ALL CHARACTERS WITHOUT A DODGE ATTACK 3 options-1) attempt to parry with random timing, 2) dodge and get GB'd on reaction though soft feint, 3) take a big stamina drain to roll back and simply reset to neutral (in which case the cent can just attempt again).

For characters with dodge attacks, most competent cents will turtle for the highest in game punish on light parries, and parries next to walls. Its asinine to assume a good cent will not adapt their play-style around something as significant as dodge attacks.

I am glad you want to stay and contribute to the community after you stopped playing. However, if you only remain to bully others and use narrow logic in pursuit of appearing correct, then you are really just hurting the community. Example: narrowly argues about dodge attacks, ignores 2/3 of the cast, insults another's game-play. Indicates he is correct regardless of what anyone else says and says he is getting better even though he rage quit. Hmmm.

Going to exclude your negative comments about another poster. You should probably stop if you want people to take you seriously.

1) Him varying his charge time does mess with parry timing. But it's not as strong as you make it sound. If you only parry the unblockables and block the normal ones you basically shut him down. Since that means the only other option he has is soft feinting into a GB. it's overwhelming at first. but i've already fought a few different people who've gotten the timing down to get my soft feints teched. Once blocking heavies becomes more costly via chip damage this will be a bit more intense. but for now it's not difficult.

2) Dodge attacks in general don't get used in high level play regardless of cent being there or not. So this point is pretty moot. the only reason we even talk about dodge attacks is because most people are struggling in 4v4's against less than stellar cents. 4v4 is about spamming unblockables and safe attacks. always has been. knowing you can counter that spam with a dodge attack is helpful.

As far as 1v1 goes centurion is only mid tier. top of the mid tier sure. but still only mid tier. his 2 openings (kick and jump attack) are highly punishable from neutral. Parrying timing as i've said is not a strong tool at the moment because blocking is strong. You don't need to parry every attempt. Cent's hard feint is actually not that great. so his only real way to get in is to parry an attempt from his opponent. As trying to soft feint with heavy from neutral is literally just as useless as trying to start your vortex from neutral. his guard switch speed is slow. and his zone can't be canceled.

Centurion plain and simple doesn't have a single reliable way to open a smart turtle in a 1v1. There are 2 main reasons why centurion is at the top of mid tier. 1) his punishes are some of the strongest in the game. 2) he's literally the strongest person in the game when it comes to your opponent being OOS. If centurion had neither of these he'd be as good as orochi.

Kitsune..
06-04-2017, 09:30 PM
i hope they are gonna ger rid of the free jab after charged heavy hits no-one should get that much out of a single heavy hit.

Maybe they could do so that his guaranteed jab had no knockdown, but not guaranteed jab did. Also his stamina drain is way too high and his own stamina seems to be endless.
He's not fun to fight against because you are either restoring your stamina or watching a video of him punching you all around the map being unable to do anything. Never go close to walls, never go aggressive, never lose more than half bar stamina... full turtle mode.
Ah, I forgot about tracking. It shouldn't be like it is now, it's definitely broken.

Knight_Raime
06-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Maybe they could do so that his guaranteed jab had no knockdown, but not guaranteed jab did. Also his stamina drain is way too high and his own stamina seems to be endless.
He's not fun to fight against because you are either restoring your stamina or watching a video of him punching you all around the map being unable to do anything. Never go close to walls, never go aggressive, never lose more than half bar stamina... full turtle mode.
Ah, I forgot about tracking. It shouldn't be like it is now, it's definitely broken.

The first part isn't going to happen. As they intended the combo of charged heavy into charged jab into eagle's talons. Getting rid of that is basically getting rid of most of his kit. Jabs are never guarenteed unless under 3 circumstances. 1) fully charged heavy pins you. 2) a heavy that ends a chain lands. 3) you're thrown into a wall.

For 1 he never gets a guarenteed charged heavy unless he's parried a light or he's wall splat you. parrying a light isn't an easy feat. and you don't always have a surface to splat someone on. For 2 this is avoided by simply blocking. and he doesn't get a charged gab off of it either. just a normal one. which only gives a light. For 3 really this is probably where most struggle. As at least in a majority of my experiences people do not space properly or pay attention to their surroundings. people really only acknowledge ledges.

In order to drain your stamina to empty VIA kicks alone that requires about half if not half of cents own stamina. And also a very bad opponent who can't dodge. His 3x pommel smacks take off half of your stamina. so he'd need to parry twice. and it takes i'd say roughly a 3rd of his stamina to do so. His highest stamina damage is his parry follow up where he knees you. which drains 3/4's of his opponents stamina without taking much of his. Other than that though the amount of stamina he expends to ruin your stamina is about on average if not a tad less than some of the more devistating setupts/combos other classes can do. Difference being he's about getting people into OOS and keeping him there. Which if you don't enjoy as a concept I can accept that. But the only cheap move he used to have stamina cost wise was his kick. and they already fixed that.

You're either not very good at the game or you run in 4v4's. Escaping/punishing the centurion is not difficult to do. His kick from neutral if he doesn't throw a heavy after is GBable by most people. those that can't end up doing their own unblockable instead. The heavy was slowed down. So if you know it's coming you can dodge the kick and parry/deflect it to punish. Finally if you're a hero with a dodge attack (excluding valks dash attack) you can dodge attack if you know he's going to heavy after. as all other dash attacks come out fast enough to beat it. even kensei's. Raider can even dodge GB and beat the heavy coming out.

His charge attacks do vary the timing on parrying. But as of right now you don't need to parry them since blocking them doesn't cost you anything. If he goes for a non guarenteed unblockable heavy those are easy to parry. (if you can't you probably need to get better at parrying.) This leaves him with one option. his heavy soft feint into GB. If he attempts to do that from neutral it's just as easy to tech as a normal GB attempt regardless of when he soft feints. and if he throws a heavy first before going into the mix up you can just block/parry it.

His hard feint is too slow to be used in most practical situations. his lights are too telegraphed to be thrown randomly from neutral. and his zone isn't cancelable. If you're a good turtle with decent reactions centurion struggles to get in. which is what he needs to be able to do anything.

His tracking is not worse compared to base game heros. They look "worse" because they are jab/thrust attacks compared to the more visually blatent horizontal/vertical swings. Dodging back to avoid something almost always never works with any hero. side dodges are the most consistent. If you dodge early before the attack is actually out the attack on any hero will correct itself and hit you. this is because lock on exists in the game. if an enemy "sticks" to you and follows you a good distance away what's happening is the game feels the attack landed. But due to poor latency it looks bad visually.

i'm not saying centurion turning 180% is fine. Nor am I saying centurion is exempt from nerfs. I'm just trying to clear up misinformation. the better everyone understands the game the better informed changes/suggestions we can give to the developers.

Arkhos1988
06-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Honetsly, rework the centurio, he is just plain cancer, to get him balanced while not destroying his kit doesn't seem to be possible.
To explain all the brokens stuff about him is not worth the time, just play against one that actually feints and parries, i don't see how you wanna fix that.

We.the.North
06-04-2017, 11:09 PM
@Knight_Raime : I hear your arguments about the Centurion in 1v1. I agree with most, but I still think the triple hit combo needs to be nerfed since not a single other hero in the game has a garanteed 3 hit combo if the first hit connects. Also, with Haymaker Feat, that combo deals an ungodly amount of damage. Also, if you looked at the videos I linked, you'd realise the "just dodge" window needs to be enlarged because right now, it's so small it causes weird ungodly tracking behavior. TLDR : Centurion is indeed broken as F***.

Still @Knight_Raime : Now, just for a second, ignore totally 1v1 scenario and take a look at dominion since it's the most popular game mode. Most of the rage directed toward the Centurion is in regard to 4v4 mode. Surely you must agree "just dodging" is much, much harder when fighting multiple opponent. As a result, the Centurion kit in 4v4 is so overkill that we started seeing Centurion ganking squads which lead to a huge spike in players leaving matches early which also leads to connection problems. TLDR : The Centurion stunlock high damage totally safe after his charged heavy kit is so cancer, it is actually killing a whole game mode (which happens to be the most popular).

You seriously have to be totally oblivious to game design and game balance in general to not see these issues.

Knight_Raime
06-04-2017, 11:30 PM
@Knight_Raime : I hear your arguments about the Centurion in 1v1. I agree with most, but I still think the triple hit combo needs to be nerfed since not a single other hero in the game has a garanteed 3 hit combo if the first hit connects. Also, with Haymaker Feat, that combo deals an ungodly amount of damage. Also, if you looked at the videos I linked, you'd realise the "just dodge" window needs to be enlarged because right now, it's so small it causes weird ungodly tracking behavior. TLDR : Centurion is indeed broken as F***.

Still @Knight_Raime : Now, just for a second, ignore totally 1v1 scenario and take a look at dominion since it's the most popular game mode. Most of the rage directed toward the Centurion is in regard to 4v4 mode. Surely you must agree "just dodging" is much, much harder when fighting multiple opponent. As a result, the Centurion kit in 4v4 is so overkill that we started seeing Centurion ganking squads which lead to a huge spike in players leaving matches early which also leads to connection problems. TLDR : The Centurion stunlock high damage totally safe after his charged heavy kit is so cancer, it is actually killing a whole game mode (which happens to be the most popular).

You seriously have to be totally oblivious to game design and game balance in general to not see these issues.

Yes my view is skewed because I don't really touch 4v4 nd primarily stick to 1v1/2v2. I will openly admit that. and i'm perfectly fine with them making whatever nerfs they want to make things less difficult in 4v4. so long as it doesn't really impact the 1v1/2v2 experience.
3 hit combo? The only 2 i'm aware of is: heavy at end of chain into uncharged jab into light. and fully charged heavy into fully charged jab into eagle talons.
For the first I believe that's not guarenteed for assassins. even if it was it doesn't do a lot of damage and requires you to land a heavy at the end of a chain. If you can't get a chain going you won't get it. added to the fact that you can just block/parry the random thrown heavy for this combo.

The second one I think should be left alone period. That's his bread and butter and it's not easy to pull off unless you're ganging on someone or splat them.Just because no other hero has that ability doesn't automatically warrent a nerf. his design is about landing punishing combos. He's supposed to be good at OOS and pushing people there. I don't think any of his kit is particularly easy enough to warrent nerfing either of those aspects. But. that's just my opinion.

As i've pointed out before i've yet to see a video that shows his tracking is better. If you dodge early on any hero the attack auto corrects and follows. If you clearly dodged far away and it still lands that's not exclusive to centurion. it happens with other heros. and is a latency problem. they should attempt to fix that yes. But i'm not fond of people speaking about it as if it's a "feature" on the centurion.

So sure. he can be nerfed for 4v4. so long as it doesn't majorly impact 1v1/2v2. and if they can find a way to make the insane looking "tracking" stop that's fine by me. Just don't call centurion universally OP. and don't claim that his tracking is better. because neither are factually true.

KyleTessada
06-04-2017, 11:33 PM
The only issue with facing Centurion is if you're facing 2 or more of them. 1v1 it's really your skill that needs to improve. They really aren't hard to tackle 1v1.

The_B0G_
06-04-2017, 11:48 PM
The only issue with facing Centurion is if you're facing 2 or more of them. 1v1 it's really your skill that needs to improve. They really aren't hard to tackle 1v1.

+1
Totally agree, 2v1 against 2 cents and you run or you die.

Pillow_Hands
06-04-2017, 11:52 PM

Your company better hope the next patch helps because 4v4 is literally broken right now, and the new heroes are about as fun as fighting vortexing Wardens(which isn't fun at all).

J-HovTheKnolls
06-05-2017, 12:59 AM
Two of same hero v any 1 hero is dangerous and the Cent is not OP players have already learned dodge is best way to beat him and his jab only lands on bad players or a player who gets pinned and hit by charged jab, kick almost always gets dodged and he has to hit every hero in the game with 4 or 5 heavies yet dies from 2 heavies from any hero every time. Yes i know if he pins and charge jabs to a knock down and does eagles talons it does alot of damage but i think that makes up for the fact he has the lowest heavy damage in the game. Also i do know they will fix some things on him and will still use him, so when they do and you criers still get beat by him know that it is you and not a hero being OP.

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 01:05 AM
Two of same hero v any 1 hero is dangerous and the Cent is not OP players have already learned dodge is best way to beat him and his jab only lands on bad players or a player who gets pinned and hit by charged jab, kick almost always gets dodged and he has to hit every hero in the game with 4 or 5 heavies yet dies from 2 heavies from any hero every time. Yes i know if he pins and charge jabs to a knock down and does eagles talons it does alot of damage but i think that makes up for the fact he has the lowest heavy damage in the game. Also i do know they will fix some things on him and will still use him, so when they do and you criers still get beat by him know that it is you and not a hero being OP.

Man why do people insist on making up numbers when we have the damage values of every character? There's not a single hero that can 2 shot centurion with two heavies, in fact centurion is the only character that can kill 7/13 heroes with 2 light parries. No one Else even comes close to that much damage guaranteed damage.

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 01:18 AM

Oh yes go ahead and listen to your cry babies. Centurion/Shinobi doesn't need a nerf, the other characters need to be reworked. I must say centurion/shinobi are good chars, diferent game play than the conventional characters, fun to say the least. About anoter chars... well input some stuff like bash and combos. Make them better.

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 01:21 AM
Oh yes go ahead and listen to yout cry babies. Centurion/Shinobi doesn't need a nerf, the other characters need to be reworked. I must say centurion/shinobi are good chars, diferecnt game play the the conventional, fun to say the least. About anoter chars... well input some stuff like bash and combos. Make them better.

Lol yeah 95 guaranteed damage on wall splat doesn't need to be fixed. Okey. Dummies like this must work at Ubisoft which is the only explanation why stuff like this gets passed in the game.

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 01:24 AM
Lol yeah 95 guaranteed damage on wall splat doesn't need to be fixed. Okey. Dummies like this must work at Ubisoft which is the only explanation why stuff like this gets passed in the game.

Just because your main can't fight against it, it doesn't mean its broken. Just because your main sucks doesn't mean that they need to nerf everybody. Stupid ppl like you brake this game.

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 01:29 AM
And by the way, only stupid players allow themselves to go against the wall. It's like be in the edge of a cliff. It's like boxing, "the ropes are not your friends, the corners either"

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 01:30 AM
Just because your main can't fight against it, it doesn't mean its broken. Just because your main sucks doesn't mean that they need to nerf everybody. Stupid ppl like you brake this game.

Lol.... 95 guaranteed damage is okay if you pick the wrong character. Okay there, dumb guy. So I can either pick the characters who can get out of it and die from two light parries or I can pick the characters who can't dodge it and die from two wall splats. Totally makes sense.

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 01:32 AM
And by the way, only stupid players allow themselves to go against the wall. It's like be in the edge of a cliff. It's like boxing, "the ropes are not your friends, the corners either"

Yeah I bet you've never been next to a wall, not once huh? Weird how duel stages are pretty small and it's inevitable that a wall is near you at some point but you've escaped that everytime. Amazing!!!

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 01:48 AM
Yeah I bet you've never been next to a wall, not once huh? Weird how duel stages are pretty small and it's inevitable that a wall is near you at some point but you've escaped that everytime. Amazing!!!

The wall is doing his job, it obivous. And tell you what, how about fix the cliff? So you can fly when someone pushs you. I just can't belive it, didn't you try to dodge once? Of course, with you been between two walls it can't be done, but again, you must not allow to be pushed. You can avoid it before it happens. Also I agree that the other chars should get more stuff.

Mia.Nora
06-05-2017, 01:49 AM

You just proven how clueless you are about this game. His mixups come form Light-GB, and kick after push. Your comment alone shows you just ****post without actually knowing what you say.

Moreover you obviously never fought a turtle centurion, tell me how the **** a berserker opens one up while not risking getting parried. One parry from a good centurion and it is all your stamina +3 bars.

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 01:54 AM
The wall is doing his job, it obivous. And tell you what, how about fix the cliff? So you can fly when someone pushs you. I just can't belive it, didn't you try to dodge once? Of course, with you been between two walls it can't be done, but again, you must not allow to be pushed. You can avoid it before it happens. Also I agree that the other chars should get more stuff.

Man I can't even have a reasonable adult conversation with you. You are saying just so many dumb things.

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 02:05 AM
Tell you what, take a look on this guy. Maybe you learn to play the game instead of being a crybabynerf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LjSpXZJD-M

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 02:14 AM
Tell you what, take a look on this guy. Maybe you learn to play the game instead of being a crybabynerf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LjSpXZJD-M

Pointing out obvious imbalances is not the same thing as crying nerf. I've even said cent is at best B tier. I'm not going to watch that video but the first time I saw the 95 wall hit combo was from this guy. And guess what, your precious hero acknowledged that it's bulls hit and needed to be patched. The problem you dummies aren't getting is that if there are clear advantages to a hero than many people will just pick that hero to stay ahead of the curve creating an oversaturation of said hero. Gets pretty boring playing against the same thing over and over again.

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 02:19 AM
Pointing out obvious imbalances is not the same thing as crying nerf. I've even said cent is at best B tier. I'm not going to watch that video but the first time I saw the 95 wall hit combo was from this guy. And guess what, your precious hero acknowledged that it's bulls hit and needed to be patched. The problem you dummies aren't getting is that if there are clear advantages to a hero than many people will just pick that hero to stay ahead of the curve creating an oversaturation of said hero. Gets pretty boring playing against the same thing over and over again.

You are not going to watch because you are stupid. You just can't argue with the facts, you need to learn to play and deal with each chars gameplay. And by the way fck you!

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 02:24 AM
You are not going to watch because you are stupid. You just can't argue with the facts, you need to learn to play and deal with each chars gameplay. And by the way fck you!

I just explained to you why I'm not going to watch, it's irrelevant to this conversation. I do know how to play, Id put money on it that I'm way better than you. As I said the youtuber you just linked also said the centurion combo is OP so if you are using him and that video you posted as a source of reason than you should watch this video and listen to him here too https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IAZGFAS2v0

The_B0G_
06-05-2017, 02:27 AM
Oh yes go ahead and listen to your cry babies. Centurion/Shinobi doesn't need a nerf, the other characters need to be reworked. I must say centurion/shinobi are good chars, diferent game play than the conventional characters, fun to say the least. About anoter chars... well input some stuff like bash and combos. Make them better.

Sounds like a Centurian main crying because easy mode is coming to an end. We'll see how good you are when your character is balanced.

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 02:53 AM
I do have one but is not my main. And I can't fight against another players because of my region and I'm not a good player in this game, I'm just regular.

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 03:27 AM
I do have one but is not my main. And I can't fight against another players because of my region and I'm not a good player in this game, I'm just regular.

if you are average then stop trying to preach to people on how to play the game or what does/doesn't need changing.

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 04:05 AM
if you are average then stop trying to preach to people on how to play the game or what does/doesn't need changing.

Yea yea go to hell, die.

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 04:08 AM
Yea yea go to hell, die.

Sure thing, preacher boy.

YuBiShiGouShi
06-05-2017, 04:29 AM
Yea yea go to hell, die.

HAHA....wtf?

Duuklah
06-05-2017, 10:42 AM
I just explained to you why I'm not going to watch, it's irrelevant to this conversation. I do know how to play, Id put money on it that I'm way better than you. As I said the youtuber you just linked also said the centurion combo is OP so if you are using him and that video you posted as a source of reason than you should watch this video and listen to him here too https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IAZGFAS2v0

Everyone know the centurion is OP.. He needs a BIG nerf.. especially in 4v4.. Its just dumb to argue otherwise..

Danioku
06-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Yea yea go to hell, die.

wtf lol

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 09:10 PM
https://youtu.be/wSa3cO5Q8DM

Antonioj26
06-05-2017, 09:51 PM

What's the point of this video? I feel like you are trying to argue on how to get out of the wall splat but it can't be that since that isn't a wallsplat.

Shakti.
06-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Centurion is litterally killing this game for me.

In 1 v 1 is a pain. 1 mistake and you are death with little or no interaction from you. Lawbringer was a sad character cause the sdtamina drain killed the fun but at least lawb is slow and you can react to it. The same isn't true for cent. YOu have to watch all angle and 3 openeners and a large amount of mixups that come to you super fast. I'm no pro but i don't think that tha player base of these game is made of such type of player.

In 4 v 4 is totally broken. Not only he can trow unblockable and trow u in the ground with zero effort but he has the best broken talents in the game. Namely self heal and catapult.
So while i have to spend 2 minutes killing a centurion on a point in dominion a centurion can kill me in 10 second. That's mode breaking.
Another huge problem are multiple centurions\lawbringers. You litterally spawn and get jumped with several pins, stuns stamina drain and trip. Say what? You die and there was nothing you coud do except having lighting fast reflexes wich let's face it the majority of us doesn't have.

It's frustrating, it's rage inducing, requires little skill to be played has all the best traits of all the best classes and insane talents.
Good luckl balancing this monster you vreate.

Pillow_Hands
06-05-2017, 11:21 PM

Not sure what you're trying to prove with this, either you or whoever was playing that Centurion ****ed up their wall splat combo, so this proves nothing other than the raider got out because the Centurion ****ed up. Big ****ing surprise.

JediGamerFurius
06-05-2017, 11:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBe1i38T7ls&feature=youtu.be

Danioku
06-05-2017, 11:49 PM

I got what he wants to say

J U S T D O D G E LOL

UbiJurassic
06-06-2017, 12:06 AM
i hope they make the damn dash kick punishable or remove the guaranteed heavy, its the only nerf shinobi needs

im worried about cent, he is damn anoying in 4v4 but easy to handle in 1v1....mmhh hope the nerf will not destroy him in 1v1 situations, i dont main him but we have enough low tier heroes.....

You can likely expect Centurion to get the same treatment and consideration for changes as Lawbringer did. If you remember, early on Lawbringer was an effective member of the team in 4v4 gamemodes, but was underperforming in 1v1 situations. When looking at ways to improve Lawbringer, we looked to make changes that would improve his 1v1 capabilities without effecting his already effective 4v4 gameplay. Similarly, we will likely look to decrease how effective he's been in 4v4 gamemodes, but will try to keep these adjustments from effecting his 1v1 capabilities.

Antonioj26
06-06-2017, 12:15 AM

Yeah you aren't doing it right, I've already sent you how to do the combo from your hero. You being bad isn't proving anything.

Duuklah
06-06-2017, 12:32 AM
You can likely expect Centurion to get the same treatment and consideration for changes as Lawbringer did. If you remember, early on Lawbringer was an effective member of the team in 4v4 gamemodes, but was underperforming in 1v1 situations. When looking at ways to improve Lawbringer, we looked to make changes that would improve his 1v1 capabilities without effecting his already effective 4v4 gameplay. Similarly, we will likely look to decrease how effective he's been in 4v4 gamemodes, but will try to keep these adjustments from effecting his 1v1 capabilities.

He also needs a nerf in 1v1 as well.. its not fun at all to play vs him.. I am a good player and i would rather leave than duel 1

psyminion
06-06-2017, 12:51 AM
I agree fighting a centurion in duels isn't fun. my kensei can dodge-light attack and eventually win but it's a lame and hollow victory.

getting tracked so crazy far by all the silly unblockable attacks and raped of stamina because I missed ONE dodge is infuriating.

but I soldier on

Antonioj26
06-06-2017, 01:06 AM
He also needs a nerf in 1v1 as well.. its not fun at all to play vs him.. I am a good player and i would rather leave than duel 1

He's really not that great, dude. He's B tier in duels. His main strengths are his light parries and his wall punish. Everything else is easy to avoid especially with you being on PC

Knight_Raime
06-06-2017, 03:11 AM
He's really not that great, dude. He's B tier in duels. His main strengths are his light parries and his wall punish. Everything else is easy to avoid especially with you being on PC

If anything he could probably use a minor buff or 2 for 1v1. As he's not really a mix up specialist at the moment like the devs describe him as.
though I personally have no idea how they would buff him in 1v1 without making him stronger in 4v4.

Mia.Nora
06-06-2017, 03:51 AM
If anything he could probably use a minor buff or 2 for 1v1. As he's not really a mix up specialist at the moment like the devs describe him as.
though I personally have no idea how they would buff him in 1v1 without making him stronger in 4v4.

I dont know what you are talking about? His mixup is so good, probably all you face is kick>heavy centurions.

Look at vanilla heroes, so few comes close to his mixup and even those only come close, not compare.

Knight_Raime
06-06-2017, 06:40 PM
I dont know what you are talking about? His mixup is so good, probably all you face is kick>heavy centurions.

Look at vanilla heroes, so few comes close to his mixup and even those only come close, not compare.

I main cent and use most of his moveset.
his only reliable mix up is his soft feint game with his heavies.
delaying your heavy VIA charging isn't really a strong tool because people can just block your heavy. and going for a fully charged unblockable gets you parried unless it's guarenteed to land.
he's only ever able to mix things up when his opponent is OOS.
A smart turtle stops centurion from getting in.
he deffo needs a 1v1 buff.

Shakti.
06-06-2017, 09:34 PM

You gotta be joking. He need one parry or guardbreak and you die.

Antonioj26
06-06-2017, 09:47 PM

If it's a light parry than he can get good damage, 60. If it's a gb or a heavy parry he only gets 25, not really that much. Yeah he can start his mixup but it's really not that bad once you understand the options and they are all really reactable.

Knight_Raime
06-07-2017, 01:48 AM

Only if I parry a light. which isn't easily done. (though something i'm able to do more consistently on certain heros)
beyond that he's really got nothing to open a smart turtle.
His lights are useless beyond after a kick or jab. But kicks are easy to dodge/punish. and the jab doesn't get used often and if it is it's usually the charged one where you don't wana go for a light anyway. The GB after any light doesn't work on good people ever.
his zone is super parryable after the first hit and isn't cancelable.

He's only got his heavy soft feint game. which isn't hard to get around if you get enough practice in. I've already fought people who can read that easily.
and his OOS game is amazing. providing you can actually exhaust a turtle who is aware of what they are doing.

He's at the top of mid tier. but he's still only mid tier.

Shakti.
06-07-2017, 02:41 PM
So I uderstand you guys are super good at the game and you worry about light parries but the majority of us want to have fun and get some little moments of self grandeur and playing aganst cent is a torture and loosing against him is hell. You got the feeling that there was nothing that coud be done cause you had zero stamina and stunned 3-4 all the time.
Try to understand us too or No wonder people leave the game.... light parries pffff

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 02:47 PM
So I uderstand you guys are super good at the game and you worry about light parries but the majority of us want to have fun and get some little moments of self grandeur and playing aganst cent is a torture and loosing against him is hell. You got the feeling that there was nothing that coud be done cause you had zero stamina and stunned 3-4 all the time.
Try to understand us too or No wonder people leave the game.... light parries pffff

Well if you arent worried about light parries than you shouldn't worry about cent because that's all he really has.

Shakti.
06-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm not worried because I am a mediocre player not because I'm good.
I could be a gold player if you know lol.
I'm telling you that pro problems are not the only problems with cent. The majority of us scrubs HATES the matcup and so we don't play the game anymore. We felt Cent is bad design.
We felt humiliated loosing against worst players cause we slip a guardbreak and we feel that there is no point playing other classes then centurion.
I uderstand that at high level stuns and pins can be avoided easily but in my legue they are not. So since we rapresent the majority of the player base and you people need us around I suggest to do something about.
Just trying to help. I want to play this game. I really enjoy duels. If I loose I always try to learn but against cane there is nothing to learn... you slip once you are dearh.

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm not worried because I am a mediocre player not because I'm good.
I'm telling you that pro problems are not the only problems with cent. The majority of us scrubs HATES the matcup and so we don't play the game anymore. We felt Cent is bad design.
We felt humiliated loosing against worst players cause we slip a guardbreak and we feel that there is no point playing other classes then centurion.
I uderstand that at high level stuns and pins can be avoided easily but in my legue they are not. So since we rapresent the majority of the player base and you people need us around I suggest to do something about.
Just trying to help. I want to play this game. I really enjoy duels. If I loose I always try to learn but against cane there is nothing to learn... you slip once you are dearh.

Well if you play on so I'm happy to help you understand how to fight him. He's not nearly as bad as people think, he's just different than other characters.

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Stopped playing for a few weeks as i was getting sick and tired of the cancer that is the Centurion Gank, i see nothing has changed,

Git Gud? Just dodge? so says the Centurion mains riding their crest of invincibility before the inevitable nerf comes,

in the meantime you have two options, stop playing or just block every Centurion you come across, cut that Cancer out before that Patient dies,

**** em, let them all run round & gang bang each other,

CoyoteXStarrk
06-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Stopped playing for a few weeks as i was getting sick and tired of the cancer that is the Centurion Gank, i see nothing has changed,

Git Gud? Just dodge? so says the Centurion mains riding their crest of invincibility before the inevitable nerf comes,

in the meantime you have two options, stop playing or just block every Centurion you come across, cut that Cancer out before that Patient dies,

**** em, let them all run round & gang bang each other,

I am a Beserker main.

The Centurion 1v1 is cake. The only time the Centurion is a true issue is in group settings. Thats not an opinion. Thats a fact.

Shakti.
06-07-2017, 04:02 PM
("Well if you play on so I'm happy to help you understand how to fight him. He's not nearly as bad as people think, he's just different than other characters.")

That is very kind of you but as you can see I care enough for the game to write here. I'm more worried about the 45k people that already left. And it's not by coaching them individually the way to solve this.

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-07-2017, 04:27 PM
I am a Beserker main.

The Centurion 1v1 is cake. The only time the Centurion is a true issue is in group settings. Thats not an opinion. Thats a fact.

total agree,

the Centurion has ruined the 4v4 game by rendering every balancing mechanic obsolete, that Centurion Mains haven't the intellectual honesty to acknowledge that and instead prefer to spout this inane "Git Gud" mantra that speaks volumes about the type of people that they are,

ultimately the responsibility for this cancer lies squarely with Ubisoft, then need to get this under control or this game is finished,

all people want is a level playing field, Ubisoft has given the Centurion Ganksters a gun to take to a knife fight,

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 04:54 PM
("Well if you play on so I'm happy to help you understand how to fight him. He's not nearly as bad as people think, he's just different than other characters.")

That is very kind of you but as you can see I care enough for the game to write here. I'm more worried about the 45k people that already left. And it's not by coaching them individually the way to solve this.

But thats the mentality that's going to get a B tier character nerfed when they don't need to be. They can easily be defeated with a better understanding of the character and the weaknesses they have. Also, the 45k were gone before centurion was even released so that's not an argument.

Shakti.
06-07-2017, 05:17 PM
But thats the mentality that's going to get a B tier character nerfed when they don't need to be. They can easily be defeated with a better understanding of the character and the weaknesses they have. Also, the 45k were gone before centurion was even released so that's not an argument.

That's the mind talking dude. And has it's logic. My impression is that the majority of players, in wich I put myself, don't care about numbers and tournament result. We care about the feel of the figth, and rigth now the centurion feel broken and unfair. Thats where you need to work in order to win people back because nobody play a game to feel humiliated .
Before the DLC I had several bad matcup (Warden, Pk, Warlord and post buff LawB) but I never felt like I feel loosing to a damn centurion. I'm telling you is bad design.
If you want a character that trow people on the ground don't give it stamina drain. If it had fast heavys don't give it the cnance to change the timing of such heavies at will.
Every hit he got on you give it the chance to do something else. No other class has that why shoud the centurion?
it's frustrating and makes me mad and everybody I know share the same feeling so it's hard talkin us out of it.

PS: I think the quote "I hope the devs find centurions in bed with their wives" was the most funny and enlighting of the several I read and Heard

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 05:48 PM
That's the mind talking dude. And has it's logic. My impression is that the majority of players, in wich I put myself, don't care about numbers and tournament result. We care about the feel of the figth, and rigth now the centurion feel broken and unfair. Thats where you need to work in order to win people back because nobody play a game to feel humiliated .
Before the DLC I had several bad matcup (Warden, Pk, Warlord and post buff LawB) but I never felt like I feel loosing to a damn centurion. I'm telling you is bad design.
If you want a character that trow people on the ground don't give it stamina drain. If it had fast heavys don't give it the cnance to change the timing of such heavies at will.
Every hit he got on you give it the chance to do something else. No other class has that why shoud the centurion?
it's frustrating and makes me mad and everybody I know share the same feeling so it's hard talkin us out of it.

PS: I think the quote "I hope the devs find centurions in bed with their wives" was the most funny and enlighting of the several I read and Heard

Well then you are going to take a mediocre character that is a noob stomper and render him useless. Yes he needs changes in 4s but they need to be careful to not destroy him in duels because he's just above mediocre there. As time goes on you get better, at least good enough that you can handle or conquer problems that you had when you initially played. I guarantee tons of people had trouble with zerk initially but eventually learned how to block/parry and now don't even have an issue with him. It's no different, it's just taking longer for some and they are refusing to get better.

Danioku
06-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Well then you are going to take a mediocre character that is a noob stomper and render him useless. Yes he needs changes in 4s but they need to be careful to not destroy him in duels because he's just above mediocre there. As time goes on you get better, at least good enough that you can handle or conquer problems that you had when you initially played. I guarantee tons of people had trouble with zerk initially but eventually learned how to block/parry and now don't even have an issue with him. It's no different, it's just taking longer for some and they are refusing to get better.

Centurion is not balanced sorry. He need a fix in 4v4 modes for sure and in 1v1 (the only mode i play atm) as well.

Let's say that everything he does it's easy to dodge/avoid (not rly with the weird tracking but ok).

What makes him overpowered is the punish just that. He can play like any other turtle hero and wait for his occasion to unleash his unbalanced punish out of a parry/dodge/gb.

More and more people are getting good as Cent in the same way as other people are getting better at dodge and counter his abilities that's why the Cents i meet dont casual spam anymore cause they know that a lot of stuffs they do are unsafe. They wait like any other turtle and then they punish.

Cent punish is totally unbalanced, 50/70% of your health + almost all your stamina. And when you are OOS you know what happen.

In this defensive meta he is overpowered due to what he can get out of a parry/gb, just for this reason (in 1v1)

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Centurion is not balanced sorry. He need a fix in 4v4 modes for sure and in 1v1 (the only mode i play atm) as well.

Let's say that everything he does it's easy to dodge/avoid (not rly with the weird tracking but ok).

What makes him overpowered is the punish just that. He can play like any other turtle hero and wait for his occasion to unleash his unbalanced punish out of a parry/dodge/gb.

More and more people are getting good as Cent in the same way as other people are getting better at dodge and counter his abilities that's why the Cents i meet dont casual spam anymore cause they know that a lot of stuffs they do are unsafe. They wait like any other turtle and then they punish.

Cent punish is totally unbalanced, 50/70% of your health + almost all your stamina. And when you are OOS you know what happen.

In this defensive meta he is overpowered due to what he can get out of a parry/gb, just for this reason (in 1v1)

Well and that's what I've kinda said all along was that his parry punish needs some tweaking since a character who is suppose to be a anti turtle shouldn't also be the guy who benefits from turtling the most. Maybe it's just me then because I'm someone who excels at defensive play but I don't really have problems vs cent anymore. I admit I used to but after sparring with a buddy I see his weaknesses

Shakti.
06-07-2017, 07:02 PM

Exactly.

G_to_the_H
06-07-2017, 07:19 PM
nerf
it
now
:o
!!!!!

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Well and that's what I've kinda said all along was that his parry punish needs some tweaking since a character who is suppose to be a anti turtle shouldn't also be the guy who benefits from turtling the most. Maybe it's just me then because I'm someone who excels at defensive play but I don't really have problems vs cent anymore. I admit I used to but after sparring with a buddy I see his weaknesses

to be clear and make sure that were not all talking at cross purposes, i hear you saying that you don't have a problem with the Centurion in the 1v1 sense, in my own personal opinion i think the Cent is manageable in the singular but agree with the other guys that the punish of one mistake is perhaps too high,

but its in 4v4 that he is pure fu^%@$g Cancer , can you deal with him in groups of 2 or more ? can you actually fend off and defeat 2 Centurions at once? if so please do share your strategy, seriously, cos every time i run in two or more of them who have any semblance of competency i just put my controller down and go put the Kettle on, what am i gonna do? block? get revenge? "just dodge" lol?

no i may as well go and make my self a nice cup of tea, it beats watching myself on the receiving end of the Roman Gang bang,

Antonioj26
06-07-2017, 07:36 PM
to be clear and make sure that were not all talking at cross purposes, i hear you saying that you don't have a problem with the Centurion in the 1v1 sense, in my own personal opinion i think the Cent is manageable in the singular but agree with the other guys that the punish of one mistake is perhaps too high,

but its in 4v4 that he is pure fu^%@$g Cancer , can you deal with him in groups of 2 or more ? can you actually fend off and defeat 2 Centurions at once? if so please do share your strategy, seriously, cos every time i run in two or more of them who have any semblance of competency i just put my controller down and go put the Kettle on, what am i gonna do? block? get revenge? "just dodge" lol?

no i may as well go and make my self a nice cup of tea, it beats watching myself on the receiving end of the Roman Gang bang,

Right, the things I've said that are problems with him is his light parry punish game, wallstun damage, and him in 4s. If they adjusted these he would be fine but I think they should give him something in return because the first two really are the worse things about him.

Pillow_Hands
06-09-2017, 04:05 AM
Too bad, get used to it. Ubisoft isn't nerfing him; in fact, they even buffed him by making his guard stance change as fast as the rest of the cast, so his big weakness is no longer there.

gg

GenZ-GVL
06-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Exactly his ****ing combo leaves 2 ****ing bar while playing heavy his ****ing punch is unescapable when you just get 1 hit and no ubi admin or moderator reading this forum lmao Nerf The ****ing Cent

HazelrahFirefly
06-21-2018, 12:15 PM
Exactly his ****ing combo leaves 2 ****ing bar while playing heavy his ****ing punch is unescapable when you just get 1 hit and no ubi admin or moderator reading this forum lmao Nerf The ****ing Cent

You just revived a year old thread lol

I simply had to post in it as well

Oh, and Centurion is not that bad. Cutscene is annoying, but he's fairly average.

Legion25846
06-21-2018, 12:51 PM
So i clicked this thread going omg another nerf centurion thread from some guy who has no idea how to play against him. As i was reading it slowly started to think this **** sounds old lol then i sa a patch date of 1.09 i was like WTF looked at post date 2017 lol

Then i realized some idiot revived a year old thread and laughed but i had to post in it as well.

ArmoredChocobo
06-21-2018, 01:48 PM

ďI canít beat this character, and I donít want to learn to. Destroy the little usefulness this character has in the competitive tier because I simply refuse to improve.Ē

Legion25846
06-21-2018, 02:22 PM
Bro did you not read the comments above this post is a year old.