PDA

View Full Version : what can i say ...real dissapointment

CaptainAfrica69
06-03-2017, 02:49 AM
I bought the game last night ...been struggeling the whole day fighting ai matches ...in the 10 hours i played i think i won 3 matches ...I dont care who says what but being pounded by ai time after time is not my idea of entertainment or having fun ...:(

Butonfly
06-03-2017, 02:51 AM
I read this before even starting playing in the beta
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571014-GUIDE-Fundamentals-of-Defense-in-For-Honor

UbiNoty
06-03-2017, 02:58 AM
Steel needs to be hammered and beat to be forged into a proper sword. :p

Seeing as you just purchased FH, you may encounter some difficulties at first as the learning curve in FH can be a bit rough for who are new/inexperienced.

My suggestion would be to make sure you go through both the basic and advanced tutorials first. Then, if you want to go an extra step - try watching some videos or reading through our battletips (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/how-to-play-tips/). There's also an entire community here who are willing to help out a fellow member if you ask for it. Lastly.Practice makes perfect. The more you play, the more natural it will feel for you to react to other players (or AIs in this case), read them, understand how they will attack, etc. and as you play more you'll naturally find yourself getting better and better.

CaptainAfrica69
06-03-2017, 03:16 AM
I really came prepared and informed..watched about 20 videos , done the two tutorials , played a bit of the story line etc..but it really feels like im so outmatched that no matter how good im going to get Im just going to hear >>>DEFEAT!!!!!

Maybe im just crap at this game but hell man ....

I personally think the diffrence between a bot 2 and 3 is just way to much..or at least let us play against bot 2s and gain less xp and steel as a suggestion..

M0nty_1
06-03-2017, 03:39 AM
You're not crap, just new. Try doing more tutorials. I've done heaps. Try doing some story mode, starting with the easier difficulties. This is a game that takes a lot longer than 1 day to be any good at for most people. (Ignore people on the forums who say things like they defeated the story on Realistic first time with no deaths.).
I usually find if I work hard at something one day, sleep on it, and come back the next that I'll be distinctly better.

TheNinefingers
06-03-2017, 03:49 AM
Took me about 2 weeks before i was remotely competent at this game lol. Still about average with 34 reps on my account.

TwinStiletto
06-03-2017, 03:59 AM
Play the entire Campaign on Normal. It's a good balance of challenging and learning the basics. You also get to play 3/4 of the core Heroes.
There are 14 Heroes to play as and they ALL have vastly different play styles. And as stated by UbiNoty said, we're here as fellow gamers to advise and help if you need it.
If you have any friends who play on the same platform, create a custom match and practice in certain mode against bots of a level of your choosing. Learn the maps. Learn the moves. Learn the Counters.
Good luck, Warrior.

Hormly
06-03-2017, 04:05 AM
I am willing to spar with you sir, lvl 17 warlord, I will teach you the ways of battle, how to hunt deer, how to grow a beard, how to order Chinese food so they dont screw up your address

Butonfly
06-03-2017, 04:11 AM

Seeing as you just purchased FH, you may encounter some difficulties at first as the learning curve in FH can be a bit rough for who are new/inexperienced.

My suggestion would be to make sure you go through both the basic and advanced tutorials first. Then, if you want to go an extra step - try watching some videos or reading through our battletips (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/how-to-play-tips/). There's also an entire community here who are willing to help out a fellow member if you ask for it. Lastly.Practice makes perfect. The more you play, the more natural it will feel for you to react to other players (or AIs in this case), read them, understand how they will attack, etc. and as you play more you'll naturally find yourself getting better and better.

Ubisoft actually put in a new character, Centurion, so you don't have to do any of this. Just spam unblockable, stamina draining, heat seeking missile attacks from long range for a guaranteed victory every time. The AI won't know what hit them.

Antonioj26
06-03-2017, 04:38 AM
I really came prepared and informed..watched about 20 videos , done the two tutorials , played a bit of the story line etc..but it really feels like im so outmatched that no matter how good im going to get Im just going to hear >>>DEFEAT!!!!!

I personally think the diffrence between a bot 2 and 3 is just way to much..or at least let us play against bot 2s and gain less xp and steel as a suggestion..

I'm on PS4 And I consider myself pretty good. Add me and I'm happy to help you figure out how to conquer your flaws if you are also on PS4. Alyssaa-3 is my tag. Level 3s will be cake in no time for you.

Xavyn
06-03-2017, 04:58 AM
Can you be more specific? What class do you like the feel of the most? What class is giving you the most trouble? What is your play-style like? Do you like to be aggressive and relentless or patient and methodical?

Maybe you just haven't tried the right hero yet. Also focus on defense before anything else. In this game defense really is your best offense. Learn to change guard and deflect and anticipate enemy attacks by watching their guard stance. Once you have deflect down work on parrying. And don't forget to dodge unblockables!

MasterChiefPON
06-03-2017, 05:43 AM

Be patient dude. This game is not a game you can just pick up and instantly become good at it. Since you bought it yesterday I honestly expect you to be outmatched against pretty much everyone for some time unless you find someone who is as new as you at the game. When I first played in the beta the first days I had trouble coordinating when to stop attacking to block, I couldn't counter guard break on reaction, but grew little by little, day by day.

I'm going to warn you about some things you probably are going to face and that will frustrate you but the sooner the better.

The player base is not as big than when the game released, it's still healthy on consoles and the PC one shrinked. This is gonna make finding matches against people of your skill very hard, especially because you are new. (Like one day new)

The player skill is a lot higher than when the game released. You may find people of your skill but the people you will face are probably going to be better than you and you could have the bad luck to be matched against people who could easily crush you because of their understanding of strong game mechanics like parry. Don't get frustrated, just keep playing and you'll get better.

A lot of characters may seem overpowered and not be the case since you don't have enough matchup knowledge to adjust your play against them. The only time I have rage quitted in this game was little after the game released, I played Nobushi and I fought against an Orochi who would wait until I attacked and do the side dodge attack everytime and at the time I didn't know **** and I used to see Orochi as my worst nightmare until I learned a lot of things about a lot of characters as time passed.

There are strong characters and people will abuse the **** out of every abusable thing so sadly you'll have to adapt and overcome that or you'll get very frustrated. We all want balance but if you quit because you feel powerless against a lot of mechanics you are not going to learn.

There's a lot of toxic people who will be collecting salt, just ignore them.

As I said, don't quit even if you horribly lose, try to learn from each defeat. Try to learn about the characters you have a hard time against because if you know what your facing you have better chance to know how to counter it, matchup knowledge is very important. A lot of aspects in this game require reaction so don't expect to react to things on your first day, just keep playing for fun and it will get better. If you find someone nice, make them teach you and practice with you, just have patience.
Good luck!

Duuklah
06-03-2017, 07:23 AM
I bought the game last night ...been struggeling the whole day fighting ai matches ...in the 10 hours i played i think i won 3 matches ...I dont care who says what but being pounded by ai time after time is not my idea of entertainment or having fun ...:(

Why did you buy the game with all the HORRIBLE reviews its been getting?

This game MIGHT be worth playing in another 6 months or so.. MAYBE.

XxHunterHxX
06-03-2017, 10:09 AM

Why lie to hem ?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1681716-Are-AI-getting-better

you guys have changed the ai OR since you changed the stats but the Ai ir the same they ir a little OP not to mention level 3 bots ir pretty much hackers ! Even a experienced player will ghet his *** handed to hem unles they cheese them out !

Y_Shrewditch
06-03-2017, 11:10 AM
I really came prepared and informed..watched about 20 videos , done the two tutorials , played a bit of the story line etc.

Sorry mate, but that won't prepare you all that well. It will inform you of the possibilities, but you still have to do the legwork to make it your own.

Like other posters said, this game has a steep learning curve, and the players that remained, whatever else they may be, are diehards and probably strong veterans. And some heroes just take a very long time to master. My Nobushi is rep10 now, and I can honestly say it's been a very rocky road to get her there. Only at rep4 did I start getting a feel for her, and I am just now starting to get more comfortable.

Technically I can only give you three pieces of advice: practice, practice and practice.

I've spent hours (not just a couple) in custom matches, with no timer and no damage, practicing against increasing levels of bots. First to get a feel for my own kit at lvl1,then to get a feel for their kit at lvl2 and then how to beat them at lvl3. If I can't beat a lvl3 bot, I have little hope against a real player.

Philosophically speaking, don't expect to win, don't expect to lose, just do the best you can and aim to improve with every experience.

To throw in a quote from Sun Tzu (to make this sound more intellectual) "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

For me personally, this game has been an experience of improving myself. Not just about controlling my toon, but on controlling myself facing overwhelming odds, OP opponents and skill-levels far beyond my reach.

And more practically, I've had a few people in duels tell me they were new to the game and I was more than happy to help them out a bit, give some pointers and do a few practice runs. Granted, not everyone will be so accommodating (or speak your language), but I found that the people in duels are mostly friendly and helpful. Talk to them before the match starts, you'll make friends that way too ;)

So... keep at it mate, you're facing people with 200+ hours of pvp experience who all went through the same learning curve you are facing. The only thing you can control is your attitude, the rest is gl and hf :p

KalkPost
06-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Dodge

Gastgrinder
06-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Dodge

...and Git Gud.

XxHunterHxX
06-03-2017, 04:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-XYMfi1YkA&t=168s

CrunaCross
06-04-2017, 03:29 AM
I also watched videos of people piloting a plane, but I still would have to learn how to properly do it. Practice makes perfect. Until even AI gives you trouble it means that you NEED practice. Some people learn faster, some slower, but eventually everybody does. We can only help you with tips. Nobody can do it FOR you.

Antonioj26
06-04-2017, 03:49 AM
All bots have very distinctive patterns and weaknesses here are a couple videos of two that a lot of people have trouble with. If theres one you have trouble with im happy to make a video and point out what their weaknesses are.

https://youtu.be/GhHkHjoLGlc heres the valk one. As you can see the bots are hyper aggressive, You need to play on that. They will force themselves out of stamina and they very rarely mix it up. No matter how many times I parry her lights she rarely will throw out a heavy, The two options this bot was doing out of cgb were either a pounce or a heavy and every time I charged my SB when she was OOS she would try and dodge and I could GB. PK is next but then I have to go, If others have a request on bots they have trouble with I can make a video of those too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymOx5pFmpI4 heres the PK bot. Again she almost always opens with a running GB. I realize not everyone has the reflexes to parry her but at this point with the deadzone sliders everyone can now block her and she will constantly put herself in an OOS. Thats when you can capitalize, often times she will go for a GB while OOS in which point she will follow with an attack. Use that to your advantage and get the parry off. If there is anyone struggling against a specific bot let me know and I'm happy to show you how to beat them.

KyleTessada
06-04-2017, 03:55 AM
Best advice I can give you.. play the campaign. I played starting on normal. After the Knights section I switched to hard and finished the campaign. I then started again in realistic. Then I did a few practice's and then went online.... try each character that you think you'll be interested in and then pick one to be your go to character and level it. Do all of your daily orders and bonus orders for more xp and steel. Have crates? Don't waste them. Hold onto then until you hit rep 5. You can do well with the ol grey beginner tools.

CaptainAfrica69
06-04-2017, 10:56 AM
I was waiting for the ****heads to jump in with something along the lines ..salty tears etc..and only received help and goodwill ty guys ..looks like we have a community here...il let you guys know how my progress goes..

BTW Im the leader of a south african gaming community of about 200 people witch started out of GTA 5 ..so i was looking for a second game we could play as a group...LOLZ im trying to get my guys to invest in this game...(we are a pc community) If any one feels like joining us please let me know....its kinda lonely in my For Honor channel ha ha

Mic and discord is a requiremrnt...