PDA

View Full Version : My feedback about For Honor

Alchemist..
06-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Let me share my thoughts and I invite you to the discussion about this game. I'm sorry for my english, thats not my native lang but i hope u will understand me.

I start with FH in closed beta, crazy cool experience, than open beta, game was still dope so i pre order full version. After all this stages game is almosts same. Ye, except new content game is still in same place, yes its still in beta stage with one difference, peoples lern how to play and how abuse game mechanisms to win easier.

First thing i can see is FH acting more like fighting simulator not like fighting game. We almost dont have any combos, everything what we can land are single hits. Its shame for fighting game, i really like cent because of his mix ups possibilities and variety of attacks, chains. It making fight faster and more unpredictable, but why rest of heroes relaying on 1 or 2 moves? Really conq need shield bash to win? Warlord headbutt, pk spam light, warden shoulder bash etc? Why we dont have variety of moves counters and fast mix ups? Most discussed think in last days is cent kick but i really like how its working, i dont want this move faster and making from this second fully save headbutt, its working perfect as a counter for dodge or wiffed hits, all insta unblockable moves should work like that, spammable safe moves are not a answer for def meta, its only make FH looking silly and linear, 1 trick loop from most of chars. Pleas ubi give us real variety of usable moves and chains.

Another thing im notice is hp/dmg unbalance combined with def meta. When i sometimes watching streams from other fighting games to see what can be wrong with FH i notice u can be floaded by combos and it not making u dead straight away, u can still win the fight. In FH Players dont like to attack because in most cases 3-4 mistakes = dead. Dmg should be recalculated to give us more chance to win by attacking. What if light attack = 5dmg and heavy = 10? That mabye can make peoples less def because u can make 15 mistakes instead of 2 parry combos from cent to die? It will also make fights longer and more entertaining.

Blocked hits should count as a chain, after X blocked heavys in row your guard should be broken allowing me to land 1 clear hit. Right now block resetting all chains and cimbos, block is to powerful, its already answer for all attacks and chains.

Parry shouldn't give u nothing except stopping chains. Light parry shouldn't exist. Light attack should be way to safe iniciate attacks and chains, instead of giving all heroes spammable stuff with confirmed dmg like headbutt. Heavy parry should work only as a defensive tool to stop the chains and reset fight to neutral. Any reward for parry will push peoples to do only that. Of course parry window need to be smaller, other way it will be to powerful and abused like now.

Chip dmg, nothing to explain, attacks at some point need make opponents in more dangerous situation, block can't be answer to everything. Like old proverb says, the best defense is attack.

Balance, we desperately need test servers and frequent balance patches. Right now balance taking to much time, we waiting like 1 month for each and any balance patch except LB buff didn't change nothing. Kensei buff? Irochi buff? Zerker buff? Warden nerf? Did it change something? We need test servers where balancing changes can be done even every day without thinking what will be broken or op for next month.

Dont take it like "how to fix FH", ist just invite to discussion and my troughs after hundreds of hours spended with this game, i love the concept, but im starting be more and more tired because things not going forwar, and playing FH becoming less enjoyable with every hour.

Lyskir
06-02-2017, 10:49 AM
100% agree

especially unblockable spam wins in this game

Berard_Gutler
06-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Soon it will remain only the devs and forum mods to play for honor

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390

GG ubi bring more cent and shinoobi cancer

Alchemist..
06-02-2017, 11:19 AM
100% agree

especially unblockable spam wins in this game

Its looks so awful, most of heroes relaying on broken mechanisms like parry and 1spammable move. Its strongly related with very slow balancing, they need open test servers where all ideas can be tested in few days and eventually push them to official release. Right now any balancing patch except LB buff didn't make any difference. In this tempo FH never will be balanced.

Also ubi QA is unrealible. Bug fixes listed in notes are never fixed. Flicker? Unlock techs? Soft feints? That and many others are listed as fixed but it still exists, game almost didn't change, same bugs and fluffs from beta still exist. Quality assurance is really bad. Players on test servers also can check things like that a lot faster and better.

FH community is small, like few thousands 24/7 its not fortune to make open test servers for whole community especially for multimillion company. It will only help improve game faster and better, bring back some old players and convince new that game is worth to try. Ubi please consider this.

ONYX_x5
06-02-2017, 09:44 PM
I liked this game in the beta because it stayed very close to real life human ability. I did say close..... I fight Con and Warden. That being said I like to fight straight up, not spamming. Looking for the advantage, catching them coming in or setting them up for a heavy. My con is 30 and I'm terrible at him but still great fun. Or was, now, not so much. The new characters are so jacked up the revenge does not even slow them down. These ****ing devs are placating to the competitive gamer and **** all over the guys just trying to have fun.

XxHunterHxX
06-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Soon it will remain only the devs and forum mods to play for honor

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390

GG ubi bring more cent and shinoobi cancer

Its looking good to me