PDA

View Full Version : [HTC_Vive] Seating adjustment is bad

pluguezadam
06-02-2017, 05:01 AM
DEVS!!!! I am disabled and need to sit comfortable you really really need make seating adjustment more forgiving as i cannot get it to adjust so the button are usable and the game playable without it saying im out of proper range or an in ability to hit the buttons. Sucks to have a awesome game i cant play cause your seating thing is weird and way to strict. Please fix this asap a simple abillity to adjust the height of things would solve this. Seriously needs fixing you never know what kinda chair people need to be in. Please try to fix this. I know i can use a regular controller but this seems like a problem easily fixed with some kind of height adjustment added in and it would be nice to be able to enjoy the full experience available.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/527100/discussions/0/1290691937713216788/?tscn=1496368223

Stockhamer
06-02-2017, 03:55 PM
This should be combined with the thread link below.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679647-Sitting-too-high-above-avatar-Bridge-control-panels-intersect-chairs-and-legs

This is not just a Vive or Oculus issue, it's a game design flaw.

Either the game was tested with people under 5', or they sat on stools. Maybe the dead zone was limited after testing was done.

Didn't anyone test this, while leaning back, or on a couch, or in an office chair?

geek2785
06-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Agreed with all the comments above. Please Devs, consider an in game console adjustment slider/tool. Would complete this amazing game, as it is my only complaint. Having to sit up and forward each time to adjust the console is super annoying. Great game though, hope you guys/gals read this stuff.

NucHaz
06-04-2017, 09:40 PM
This seems like a pretty serious issue and it is really difficult to work with sometimes. It takes upwards of 5 min of me standing up a little and resetting just trying to get it low enough I can even start the game since the first panel in the shuttlecraft at the start of the game is inside my legs. If I get it so it feels comfortable, then I can't look down at all without the screen going black saying I am out of bounds. I could work around this issue if at least the bounding box was 2-3 times bigger, but it is so tiny I cant lean or shift my position in my seat at all without going out of bounds.

That is my only issue with this game, I really love it outside of that issue. Hopefully Ubi will respond to one of these threads and at least let us know if they are working on a fix for this.

Doucha69
06-05-2017, 01:30 AM
This should be combined with the thread link below.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679647-Sitting-too-high-above-avatar-Bridge-control-panels-intersect-chairs-and-legs

This is not just a Vive or Oculus issue, it's a game design flaw.

Either the game was tested with people under 5', or they sat on stools. Maybe the dead zone was limited after testing was done.

Didn't anyone test this, while leaning back, or on a couch, or in an office chair?

Got PSVR and having the same issue, I play on a sofa, I'm 6ft 4", but my son is like 4ft, he was reaching down to near his ankles. The half stand thing... half works, but tends to make the black out area REALLY sensitive as soon as you move your head down, as it sort of thinks you're below your head range.
Cannot play as captain unless I bring in a chair with no arm rests as the button are embedded in my real life sofa. Uncomfortable and undesirbale to sit on a hard kitchem chair to play.

Driveclub had a very good very easy adjust method. This could scale or move the in game chair to the right arm length and height

NucHaz
06-05-2017, 05:55 AM
I figured out that the height of my chair makes all the different. The chair I want to use is a low swivel rocker (super comfortable) but it only measures about 14" off the ground. I experimented with some stools and other chairs and found that if my chair was about 23-24" off the ground, when I center, it was actually in about the right place. I am 6' 3" myself, so I guess they are assuming all chairs are 24" off the ground? I am using room scale, so I wonder if that is what makes the difference, they just don't account for floor height in room scale mode or they just are assuming everyone is using some really tall chairs.

klydefrog99
06-06-2017, 05:52 AM
I just got the game in the mail and this is extremely frustrating. I have tried various distances from the camera and the game is simply unplayable while seated on my couch. While attempting to reach the control surfaces in the game, the Move controllers make contact with my legs or the couch itself and PREVENT ME FROM PERFORMING THE MOST BASIC OPERATIONS IN THE GAME - pressing buttons on the helm. I can lean forward and recalibrate with the options button, and then lean back to reach a point where I can touch the buttons with some effort, but when I attempt to settle in to play comfortably this results in leaving the play area.

This is extremely disappointing for a VR game released this far into the PSVR lifecycle. Many $20 release titles do far a better job of calibration than this AAA title does. Please patch in some height calibration so that we can actually enjoy this game your staff has worked so hard on.

Stockhamer
06-06-2017, 06:31 PM
I have an adjustable seat that I can raise and lower, but still no luck. I've even tried this sitting on the floor which doesn't work.

The only way is to lean forward in a chair, and try to tuck your legs in close or under the chair.

This really needs to be addressed, in some way.