PDA

View Full Version : [HTC_Vive] Sound Stuttering Issues

j0nno
06-01-2017, 11:09 PM
First off, I'm playing on Vive and have already tested my hardware with Rec Room, everything worked just fine over there.

When playing Bridge Crew, all the other players sound like their Mics are constantly cutting in and out, making it almost impossible to hear others for more than a few seconds at a time.

What I have been able to decipher is that I am consistently the only player who cannot hear other players. They can hear each other fine, and they can hear me fine. This happens with ALL other players, regardless of their device. Just to cover all my bases, I have confirmed that I've played with others using PSVR, Oculus, and VIVE.

To correct the issue I have restarted computer, Uninstall/reinstalled the game, tried different headphones, and made sure there is no audio mirroring anywhere other than my headphones. There are no other microphones connected to my computer, so It's not that I have multiple Mics on or anything. Nothing has helped even remotely.

Any Ideas on how to fix this issue? I cant seem to find anyone else having this issue.

Ubi-Pickles
06-03-2017, 02:13 AM
First off, I'm playing on Vive and have already tested my hardware with Rec Room, everything worked just fine over there.

When playing Bridge Crew, all the other players sound like their Mics are constantly cutting in and out, making it almost impossible to hear others for more than a few seconds at a time.

What I have been able to decipher is that I am consistently the only player who cannot hear other players. They can hear each other fine, and they can hear me fine. This happens with ALL other players, regardless of their device. Just to cover all my bases, I have confirmed that I've played with others using PSVR, Oculus, and VIVE.

To correct the issue I have restarted computer, Uninstall/reinstalled the game, tried different headphones, and made sure there is no audio mirroring anywhere other than my headphones. There are no other microphones connected to my computer, so It's not that I have multiple Mics on or anything. Nothing has helped even remotely.

Any Ideas on how to fix this issue? I cant seem to find anyone else having this issue.

Hi! Can you please submit a ticket at our support site (https://support.ubi.com), so we can take a deeper look into this?

mrdan464
06-03-2017, 03:33 PM

I am having the same issue. VIVE. I submitted a support ticket.

DrKoi
06-03-2017, 07:16 PM
I also have the same issue & submitted a ticket. Also Vive.

El_Penguin777
06-04-2017, 12:49 AM
ugh I have same issue.. opened ticket - no luck yet. Issue happens if I even do both audio and mic through my Logitech G930.

ThePhantasmo
06-04-2017, 07:20 PM
I'm having the same issue on Vive as well. Submitted a ticket, but no luck so far. I've checked to make sure all the ports are forwarded correctly, but no luck.

PinkyChodai
06-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Exact same problem here. Even swapped in a new router. No change. Submitted ticket. Hope they fix it soon. I'd love to play this game properly!

BuckDodgers42
06-04-2017, 11:54 PM
I've got the exact same issue with my VIVE as well. I've changed mics and used different headsets. I've also made certain the attached mic was the only enabled one on my system at the time. I've rebooted, reloaded drivers, and checked connections. Each of the headsets was used for either Skype or some other video conference within the past week if not the day of... I experience no loss or stuttering on any other audio EXCEPT for the other player voices and they experience it with mine as well...

SG-O_
06-05-2017, 01:47 AM
I have the same issues. The in-game sounds work fine but other players voice communication stutters. It sounds like there are a lot of dropped packages.

NestroGER
06-05-2017, 07:47 PM
This is not only VIVE, it's on PSVR too. Chatting in Playstation party has no issues at all, but when using ingame chat it starts lagging sometimes. Maybe it happens between PC and Console players.

BlackTieAffairs
06-06-2017, 01:38 AM
Same Issue with my HTC Vive. Have clear audio from other players when in the lobby but once in game full on stutter and can barely understand what anyone is saying.

oGANGRENEo
06-07-2017, 06:36 AM
I'm curious if anyone has Vive Chat issues the same way I do- Audio goes for about 5 seconds, then cuts out for 3 seconds. Once we're on the ship, I'll sometimes briefly see the loading window (3 bar black box) and the floor border pop up. Very regular cycle, makes no sense and this is the only Vive game where I've seen it. I have an FX-8350, GTX 1080 and 8Gb of Ram and I have it in gaming mode, so I'm not overwhelming anything.

hankorovski
06-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Sadly I've got the same problem as the others here on the VIVE, player audio is frequently really choppy only for me, everyone else in the session is doing fine. Pretty sure it's not my setup since Rec Room and onward don't have that problem.

Please fix this, the game is unplayable when you can't hear what people are saying.

kundunis
06-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Mic stuttering issues from other players makes communication and understanding very difficult. Opened a ticket.

LtCdr-Stewart
06-13-2017, 07:18 PM
If you are using Nvidia make sure update your graphics drivers for the Bridge Crew drivers that fixed mine on Vive.

Realgent
06-14-2017, 01:57 AM
I'm getting the same issue and have updated my graphics driver earlier today but the issue is still there (gtx 970 driver version 382.53). I've opened a ticket so we'll see what happens. Is anyone else still getting this issue?

BuckDodgers42
06-14-2017, 07:38 AM
I'm getting the same issue and have updated my graphics driver earlier today but the issue is still there (gtx 970 driver version 382.53). I've opened a ticket so we'll see what happens. Is anyone else still getting this issue?

I am still getting this issue. As far as I know it has not yet been resolved. Ubisoft's response to my ticket has been that they have sent this issue to Development as a bug and they will endeavor to correct it if it can be corrected at some point in the future,

Realgent
06-14-2017, 06:14 PM
I am still getting this issue. As far as I know it has not yet been resolved. Ubisoft's response to my ticket has been that they have sent this issue to Development as a bug and they will endeavor to correct it if it can be corrected at some point in the future,

Thanks for the update.

LtCdr-Stewart
06-18-2017, 01:24 PM
I have notice this when I have a bad ping to host I notice most things are lagging and the VOIP stutters also. Make sure to open all Ubisoft ports on your router I know this has fixed a lot of problems for my friends. I already had all the ports open for some of the older Ubisoft games so I was already good. Here are all the ports you need to open.

Uplay PC:
TCP: 80, 443, 14000, 14008, 14020, 14021, 14022, 14023 and 14024.

Game Ports:
UDP: 80 and 3074

PlayStation Network Required Ports
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 4646
TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480

Maybe Ubisoft can recommend more but these are the mains.

BuckDodgers42
06-24-2017, 03:44 AM
Did the patch manage to fix this issue with anyone else? It did not fix the issue with me on my Vive...

I've also checked I don't have any of those ports blocked. As a matter of fact, I've verified that all ports being requested while this game is load and while I'm playing are open all the way from my PC to my router to my cable modem.... and I still very much have the issue.

Davewilldo
06-30-2017, 04:35 AM
I have been experiencing what sounds like exactly the same issue. The ambient sounds of the game are clear but player voices are often choppy to the point of the game being unplayable at times. In all cases, users have said they are able to hear me clearly.

I am on a 100/40 fibre connection, on a vive with the deluxe audio strap (issue was happening before I got the strap). i7-6700k cpu - Graphics is an Rx 480 Everything is hardwired.

Last night, we chatted in the lobby for several minutes and the audio was clear. As soon as we popped into the game I had the issue where I could only hear every 10th (or so) word.

I have reinstalled steam VR, all my usb drivers, graphics drivers etc to try and solve the problem. I hope a solution can be found because it's not playable when you can't hear what others are saying.

Realgent
07-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Did the patch manage to fix this issue with anyone else? It did not fix the issue with me on my Vive...

I've also checked I don't have any of those ports blocked. As a matter of fact, I've verified that all ports being requested while this game is load and while I'm playing are open all the way from my PC to my router to my cable modem.... and I still very much have the issue.

No I'm still having the same issue after the patch.

Selest2006
07-17-2017, 08:34 AM
I have been having a dreadful problem with this on PS4 since I got the game at launch.

When in a game with other players, voice chat will sometimes break up so badly that I have no idea what people are saying. Since this game relies on communication for good teamwork this can be a serious problem. My bandwidth is about 5mbps, so not horrendous.

Ubisoft/Red Storm, please could you look into this urgently and sort it out!

Many thanks.

kundunis
08-09-2017, 05:59 PM
They need to do SOMETHING, because all they say is "send a ticket", and then that ticket is promptly closed. Extremely bad customer experience. I have all but given up on this game. I look to see if the problem has been rectified every other week or so, but get nothing but radio silence.

Pollicino.
09-18-2017, 03:59 PM
I am playing with a Vive and other players' voices are choppy, but they can hear me perfectly well. In-game sounds are fine as well.
Audio issues are a major killer in this kind of game. We must be able to communicate. :mad: