PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den June 1st

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 04:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NhFKeZdsU

The video is up so I guess they are doing this thing, which means we are doing this thing, it is a...thing...that we do.

That sentence started a lot better in my head.

They have Pete Moo and Fatal-Feit who they will have interviews with, they will go over faction war stats and they have patch notes.

News of the week

One hit kill exploit was covered, it was causing a death from above type thing. They found out about it 8pm friday, they spent pretty much the weekend working on it. It introduced minor issues which they will also be fixing.

They pushed through a live update for pc today, console should come next week.

They have a contest for emblem artwork, they have thirty two teams in the upcoming tournament mode and want people to make emblems for a contest, submit them at http://forhonorgame.com/emblemcontest Contest ends on the 8th 11AM (assuming eastern). Community will select the winners for each team from the shortlist as nominated by the devs.

Call to duel order this weekend. They will be looking at data for new characters and the usual balance stuff.

New weekly content, emotes. I have been waiting for the peacekeeper's since forever. Some good stuff besides that.

Pete Moo and FatalFeit on the couch. Pete is a long standing competitive gamer, this is FatalFeit's first competitive arena, the premiere was his first tournament. They both say they don't really do 1v1's, they do dominion and elimination. Pete will ask someone if he is struggling with anything, Fatal spends about six hours a day, if any of this is useful to people trying to get better.

Defence penetration is a big topic at the minute, Fatal is not a fan of gear stats and apparently ran zero gear at all until he was rep seven.

Faction war video played for the first round. Until turn 40, knights were the only ones that held more than thirty territories, samurai came back strong but ultimately the knights came through.

Interview with Bio (the person who ran down faction war at the end of season one) They talked about the faction war tracker online, http://fh.ubi.com It has emblem editor, player stats. Emblems look a lot easier to do there. Stats filtered by game mode and heroes have been added, you can also compare with friends. You can see what happened in each turn in a round all the way back to season one on the faction map.

The last turn of the first round the factions started with 23 territories each, knights finished with 31, samurai 21, 17 for vikings. Vikings did not deploy enoguh war assets, samurai did not deploy enough manually. Samurai deployed more total assets than knights but it was not used as effectively. The knights used the end of turn bonus a lot, deployed smartly and there is a 25% bonus for deploying on the same front as the game mode. Prelim numbers show the vikings have a higher percentage player base than they had but they are deploying less assets. Looking at the graphs, the knights have a consistent deployment rate throughout the day frequently in the middle of wherever the other two are, vikings and samurai have peaks and lows throughout the day. Knights play more on the weekends apparently. Rounds end an hour earlier now. The faction map breaking was mentioned, it was not something that turned the tide, it was a UI display bug they are working on.

Patch notes

This patch is more adjustments after the new dlc, quick reaction to current events. The next one will have more balance stuff, there might be a live update before the next one also.

Eagle talon can be cancelled in revenge, it is possible but not guaranteed as it once was to get two. Jab hit reaction will stagger an opponent 200 ms earlier if they are near a wall which means they recover earlier, thus giving a chance to escape the infinite combo.

Guardbreak during roll bug fixed for the new characters.

Moveset notes have been corrected, an ornament got renamed.

Player vs AI issues should now be resolved.

Centurion and shinobi ornaments for completing campaign have been given to everyone.

Reservist trophy is fixed, next time you deploy it should unlock if you earned it. They are working on the other problematic trophies.

Centurion and shinobi can now do class specific orders.

Rage quit, it is not activated yet and will not be activated until it is also on console, it is a server activation therefore it has to be done on all platforms at once.

In all matchmaked matches, in the first thirty seconds of the match you can quit freely, so if the matchmaking is screwed or a person in your group gets kicked, you can quit. If everyone in your group gets kicked you can quit freely any time, if you are alone against bots, you get a free quit. In any other circumstances, you will get a warning after hitting quit and if you still quit you will lose ten minutes. The thirty seconds is from the start of the map after the intro. If group leader quits and pulls everyone else out with them, they all get the penalty, this is to stop leader switching between matches. Disconnection is considered involuntary quit, so will not trigger penalty. Yes people can just disconnect their connection but eh it will still take time to reconnect and get into the game.

They did community creation clips. I liked the second >.> there was a shug dancing away, a player sees him, stops all ... what? Then is pounced by a raider into a pit, cue the shug dance and axe humping.

There is a ledge kill bug that currently every time you hit some physics, your death counter goes up, this sounds like it is the one people have been talking about after being ledged, they are working on it.

Q&A

Some ornaments are currently not matching material type, the team are working on it. Some do match, some don't. Later down the line people will be able to select their ornament material separately.

They did a question from this forum over do they want the fight to be reactable or about mindgames. They want a little bit of both, as time goes on people will see more mindgame and less reactable type moves in the future.

They touched on why epic gear looks similar to the heroic, it goes down to how armour is conceived production-wise, armours are more about different variations on a theme. Essentially each armour set is a different version of the same character because it needs to interact with the character so they change spikes, textures, etc and large changes would take a lot of work because as it is each character is four entirely separate characters with the different armour. Weapons are much simpler to do, you will see bigger visual differences because they are essentially a new mesh all together.

They are looking at parry, they don't like the mechanic where every time you throw a heavy attack there is a very real danger of a free guardbreak, especially as the timing is not all together difficult. Parry will stay in the game, it will give you slightly less especially against heavy attacks, more details at a later time.

There is a bug where if there are not enough players, groups get ungrouped, they are looking at fixes. They are looking at reintroducing join in prgress at the end flow of the game which will put people back to matchmaking.

There was a question on if they are planning on adding new moves to characters movesets as in a lot of cases some moves are not as useful. They are looking at trying to address giving a purpose to each move in a character's kits as they tried to with the raider as an example in giving new mixup options. Maybe later down the line they will look at adding more moves to characters with smaller kits, currently they are looking first at making the moves they have more useful. They mentioned in this answer there will be a slight nerf to the shinobi kick, like the peacekeeper nerfs it will be a series of very small adjustments. They still very much want that kick to be useful.

Future plans on faction war, this was another from this forum. They are working on improvements to faction war, no details ready to release yet but they are looking at it.

The colourblind stuff will becoming next patch, what they have done in this one is put in things in the background to ready the game for that, they think next patch.

They will have more to say on ranked mode in the next few weeks.

There was a question on the warlord and if they were given hidden strengths such as short dodge recovery and their feints coming 200ms before the attack would hit rather than 300ms and if this was deliberate. Answer in terms of dodge recovery is yes, every character has their own specific properties in things such as dodge and this is one or the warlord's stronger areas. As for the shorter feints, they looked at the graph and the way the fighter is coded, the feints should not happen, they are looking into this to see if it is a perception issue or if there are bugs they need to address.

Defence penetration was discussed, they looked at the data. There is no big correlation between people taking that and winning, there is a patch for taking that as a secondary stat as it is relatively powerful when taken as a secondary so there will be a slight nerf but it is not as bad as people seem to think.

Warlord slight nerf to throw distance will be coming, kensei buff also coming, no details on that.

Someone asked if it was a deliberate thing to take out the feint for the charged heavy, they said it was very difficult to get the timing for the regular heavy, they changed that but as a side effect because of how the character was built they had to remove the feint on the charged attack. They don't think that is a big issue currently, they want commitment on the charged move but they will continue to monitor it. They are looking to give some love to the samurai characters, next patch should have changes for the kensei. They had a lot of feedback on the orochi and nobushi, they don't think they will have something on the next patch for the orochi but it is in the works.

They were asked if there was a plan for a more advanced training mode. They are working on a better training mode, but this is quite far down the road, there is a lot of work behind it.They do think it is something that is missing in the game and they are working on it. Quite often, not always but often, when someone has an interesting idea they are working on it, but they do not want to communicate on things too early before there are solid locked details.

Aaaaaaand that's a wrap, to the thing...or something ;)

psyminion
06-01-2017, 04:33 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/0da1cf5478517528af0e1d815a29cac8/tenor.gif

I appreciate your efforts once more. :) thanks again for this candle.

ArchangelREON
06-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Which emotes? the in or out of combat?

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 06:11 PM
The new totally boring and overpriced ones ...

Dear devs. Your game has become boring and more unfair with every patch. You ****ed up.

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Which emotes? the in or out of combat?

The free roam ones that have been in the videos along with the rest of their original freeroam for a while,or at least I know Peacekeeper's was.

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 06:37 PM
The ones the bots are doing since release.

razabak10mm
06-01-2017, 06:43 PM
Thanks for doing this Candle.

Sounds like a pretty big "meh" to me. Not really fixing much that the players want, and also soon to be adding a penalty because their game is broke. Pretty disappointing if you ask me.

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Thanks for doing this Candle.

Sounds like a pretty big "meh" to me. Not really fixing much that the players want, and also soon to be adding a penalty because their game is broke. Pretty disappointing if you ask me.

They said there will be a bigger update down the line, this was more about reacting to issues introduced by the new characters like the wall infinite loop.

Supercool5150
06-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Once again Candle...You da man! However I have a question. If a group leader leaves the whole team is penalized? Second part...What about session owner taking everyone out? Penalty? The session owner is what always kills me.

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Once again Candle...You da man! However I have a question. If a group leader leaves the whole team is penalized? Second part...What about session owner taking everyone out? Penalty? The session owner is what always kills me.

They didn't mention the session owner specifically but I would guess they get the same penalty as anyone else.

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 07:17 PM
And that is everything up.

bmason1000
06-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Less reactable moves in the future. I guess that will handle people playing strictly defensive? I don't know, i feel like moves you can't react to are what catch the most flak. Wasn't that the whole argument against pk from the start? She was too fast to reliably react to?

Herbstlicht
06-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Hm, stuff does sound rather good. But it is going soo long to hit. Ah well. In the end, if one is honest: everyone can come back at any time one likes. So if ya for takin' a break, no problem.

And, maybe I say this rather early: but if the game really improves, I guess I'd be in for Season Pass year 2. I really kinda like it and want to like it even more. But it needs some improvements.

Some thing that does however worry me: who might be still with me in a year 2? oO

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 08:59 PM
My entry for the emblem competition for the team the Jade Skull Crushers, and I will say this, that ubi site I linked from the stream really is a lot easier to use than console.

http://i.imgur.com/SJifUFw.png

If anyone wants the names of the teams before they go to the site so they can get a decent idea, here they are.

Screaming Ragers

Jade Skull Crushers

Savage Heart Renders

Broken Blade Company

Shadowsun Raiders

Steel Moon Marauders

Bloodrust Spikes

Iron Fang Alliance

Westhold Grey Wolves

Swordpeak Talons

Blackfen Bloodhawks

Paragons of Dawn

Darkest Hearts

Sun Wraiths

Whitecliff Breakers

Slayers of the Codex

Order of the Red Griffon

Bastards of Infamy

Storm Reavers

Lions of Dusk

Ashfall Fellowship

Emerald Bay Runners

Broke Brigade

Tyrant Scourge

Blazeshire Grunts

Crimson Guardians

Sapphire Sentries

Inglorious Nobles

Whiteshield Mercenaries

Spire Rebels

Whetstone Irregulars

Thunderhill Shields

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Less reactable moves in the future. I guess that will handle people playing strictly defensive? I don't know, i feel like moves you can't react to are what catch the most flak. Wasn't that the whole argument against pk from the start? She was too fast to reliably react to?

Not sure if I worded it right but I think they were talking about wanting the playstyle being less about being reactive, more about mindgames, Roman went on to mention the whole console 30fps thing.

Roughly paraphrased it now after listening again

The answer is a little bit of both but actually it goes deeper than that. At the beginning when we were playing just with stickmen part of the vision was about a game more on the reactable side. Anything you do any actions should have a specific timing but if you are good enough you can react to it. That was the early days of the game. Then as we evolved in production, as we created more characters and added flavours we created specific mechanics for some characters with little bit less reactable move and more mindgames for some element of these fighters. As we proceed forward now I think it is a better road to go, and so we will start to see more (couldn't make it out) less reactable elements in the game. Also for me why I am interested in that, it is an interesting mechanic whether ps4 or xbox at 30 fps or pc at 60 fps, if you have to guess, well, you have to guess. And it's not like yes you have slightly more time to react on the pc because of the framerate. That is something we will try to push in the future. We will not try to push into a pure (same thing I couldn't make out) game and move all the mechanics into that but it is definitely something that is going to go into the fight system.

Vingrask
06-01-2017, 09:26 PM
As always, thanks, Candle.

PeanutBlock
06-01-2017, 10:53 PM
No mention on the tracking for Centurion moves and the Shinobi kick and the fact they lock on like heat seeking missiles and turn to catch you? Also the hitbox on the Centurion jab? There are slow motion videos out the of it connecting when multiple feet away from an opponent who dodged.

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 11:05 PM
No mention on the tracking for Centurion moves and the Shinobi kick and the fact they lock on like heat seeking missiles and turn to catch you? Also the hitbox on the Centurion jab? There are slow motion videos out the of it connecting when multiple feet away from an opponent who dodged.

They said in the next patch due that the shinobi kick is getting a nerf, they also said that that patch will be more heavily balance based when they have had more time to look at things which they always said was going to be the case, this patch is more about immediate issues like the infinite wall splat combo which they are fixing in the one rolling out now. They do tend to look at bugs like the hitbox sooner or later, like they fixed nobushi and peacekeeper causing you to bleed without making contact with you.

Dizzy4213
06-02-2017, 02:20 AM
So they nerf Shinobi's kick but do **** all about Centurion? Even though they said they'll only slightly nerf his kick, whatever they do will probably destroy him because they won't give him anything to compensate for the nerfed kick. His kick is his only opener. Ranged attacks are too risky, his neutral heavies are as slow as Raider, and anyone who can parry his lights will kill him in 2 hits. He gets **** on even more in 4v4 thanks to Gear Score, you can more or less one shot him.

It just pisses me off that Shinobi gets so much hate, yet the epitome of cancer, Centurion gets to fly under the radar. 4v4 has become unplayable thanks to him. Heat-seeking attacks and jabs (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6ehzso/ubisoft_the_tracking_on_dlc_heroes_is_ridiculous/), constant dazes and stuns. He gets so much guaranteed damage, it's ridiculous! One parry and he can drain all your stamina. Moreover, why is he the only character than can followup his blocked attack with an unblockable? Why can't I Shove after a blocked heavy with my LB Ubi? Why is Centurion the the only exception? Oh and let's not forget his BS Phalanx Feat that gives a 100HP shield to everyone on your team. It's almost like giving every player a second life. Why does an Assassin/Vanguard even have such a Feat? It's something that belongs on a heavier class, not an Assassin/vanguard hybrid. Same can be said for Peacekeeper's damage reduction Feat.

Yes I know I'm salty but I'm getting so sick of this game. Updates taking forever because Ubi needs "More Data" despite the huge influx of videos showing just how cancerous these new heroes are, mainly Centurion. Maybe one of these days, 4v4 might become playable again. Also gotta love how the devs think Defence Penetration is fine the way it is, when it completely negates your defence and even screws over Revenge Mode to some extent if they choose to max it. I pretty much just log on a do my daily orders now, but even that's becoming a chore. Maybe it's time to move on to something else, I just can't be bothered waiting months for another small update.

Netcode_err_404
06-02-2017, 03:25 AM
How about defensive meta ? Cuz you know, is the main problem of the game, if we don't consider its online services.

OokiireteHoshii
06-02-2017, 10:04 AM
How about defensive meta ? Cuz you know, is the main problem of the game, if we don't consider its online services.

Just dodge this medah with alt+f4. Or become a warden knoob with only vortex.

AstroFlyer686k
06-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the summary.

Draghmar
06-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Overall good things...except one. Going into real fighting games with guessing...I'd probably leave For Honor if it comes to this because I don't find any fun in winning/loosing by luck instead of skill. I know there are people that like that (hence the games like MK or SF) but it's not for me unfortunetly. The whole concept of melee fighting with block, parries and reactions is what interested me in a first place. With focus on luck and guessing it will loose it's core. :(

CandleInTheDark
06-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Overall good things...except one. Going into real fighting games with guessing...I'd probably leave For Honor if it comes to this because I don't find any fun in winning/loosing by luck instead of skill. I know there are people that like that (hence the games like MK or SF) but it's not for me unfortunetly. The whole concept of melee fighting with block, parries and reactions is what interested me in a first place. With focus on luck and guessing it will loose it's core. :(

They said they won't push the whole game there, my guess, and I have nothing to base this off this is just on the last few months, is that we might see a few more 50/50's and it might be at least two of the remaining four year one characters have some aspect of it. They did also say they are more focussed, in terms of the old guard, of making their current moves more viable to use and they might a good way down the line down the line look at adding moves to those with small kits, so we probably shouldn't expect huge changes to the current characters at least in the short term, they will want to see how the defensive meta changes affect characters also I would guess.

Draghmar
06-02-2017, 12:06 PM
They said they won't push the whole game there, my guess, and I have nothing to base this off this is just on the last few months, is that we might see a few more 50/50's and it might be at least two of the remaining four year one characters have some aspect of it. They did also say they are more focussed, in terms of the old guard, of making their current moves more viable to use and they might a good way down the line down the line look at adding moves to those with small kits, so we probably shouldn't expect huge changes to the current characters at least in the short term, they will want to see how the defensive meta changes affect characters also I would guess.
I've listen the entire stream so I know what they said. I've heard of more 50/50s before and I just don't like that kind of design. I consider it cheap design because it's much easier to make it then properly balance things out. And in the stream they enforced their vision of game progress in the future. They said that they will move away from reactions to focus more on guessing (luck). To be more inline with fighting games but not 100% like them.

And what I said is not even some rant or something...I'm just a little bit sad that they choose this path as I won't follow it and loose great game this way. :(

CandleInTheDark
06-02-2017, 12:30 PM
I've listen the entire stream so I know what they said. I've heard of more 50/50's before and I just don't like that kind of design. I consider it cheap design because it's much easier to make it then properly balance things out. And in the stream they enforced their vision of game progress in the future. They said that they will move away from reactions to focus more on guessing (luck). To be more inline with fighting games but not 100% like them.

And what I said is not even some rant or something...I'm just a little bit said that they choose this path as I won't follow it and loose great game this way. :(

Ah fair enough, I don't know who watches and who reads lol. Really I don't use the warden's 50/50 often and unless you count the peacekeeper attack speed which I don't spam I don't really use any of the others that have them so my opinion has always been I take what the others throw at me. So it is a matter of seeing what they do and hoping they can bring in people and not lose those they already have by going too far the other way. I figured you weren't ranting, you tend to be pretty reasonable.

Maaci
06-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Yep completely feel this way as well. Luck is just so bloody boring, holy god. Seems so common as well nowadays, alot of big companies do it.
Either way i will be out to if this is the direction they go. To be frank, i never had a true hope for this game since its ubisoft either way, seems it was right to never have that.

Still waiting for 2+ months for this patch that breaks the defence. No where to be found. WTF are they doing. Lets see what they actually bring in that patch aswell. Oh well.

Gray360UK
06-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Centurion and shinobi ornaments for completing campaign have been given to everyone.

Is this live? Because I just checked after my week away, and the Ornament for my Centurion still has a padlock on it :(

MasterChiefPON
06-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Is this live? Because I just checked after my week away, and the Ornament for my Centurion still has a padlock on it :(

It's is in the new patch notes as a bug fix so I guess we wait until the patch is deployed on consoles.

CandleInTheDark
06-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Went live for PC earlier in the week so if someone on PC could confirm, it would be good, but my thought was it is part of the patch as MasterChief said when I was looking the patch notes up >.> lol

Gray360UK
06-02-2017, 04:43 PM
It's is in the new patch notes as a bug fix so I guess we wait until the patch is deployed on consoles.

Went live for PC earlier in the week so if someone on PC could confirm, it would be good, but my thought was it is part of the patch as MasterChief said when I was looking the patch notes up >.> lol

Cheers fellas :)

CandleInTheDark
06-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Yep completely feel this way as well. Luck is just so bloody boring, holy god. Seems so common as well nowadays, alot of big companies do it.
Either way i will be out to if this is the direction they go. To be frank, i never had a true hope for this game since its ubisoft either way, seems it was right to never have that.

Still waiting for 2+ months for this patch that breaks the defence. No where to be found. WTF are they doing. Lets see what they actually bring in that patch aswell. Oh well.

Is it really about luck though? I mean maybe first time a mindgame type thing comes up though you would likely know what the most common usage of a move is after a few matches, but most of what I have heard about this kind of thing is that you condition your opponent to expect a particular move and go another way.I hate fighting good kensei mains, for example (not saying that in a negative way by the by, I admire you good ones out there, just damn it's hard work lol), because I haveno idea whether that thing I am trying to either parry or deflect into is about to catch me from the side after I have committed, I might block to the left after a few times, suddenly it comes over the top. There is nothing lucky about that in my view.

kweassa1917
06-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Is it really about luck though? I mean maybe first time a mindgame type thing comes up though you would likely know what the most common usage of a move is after a few matches, but most of what I have heard about this kind of thing is that you condition your opponent to expect a particular move and go another way.I hate fighting good kensei mains, for example, because I haveno idea whether that thing I am trying to either parry or deflect into is about to catch me from the side after I have committed, I might block to the left after a few times, suddenly it comes over the top. There is nothing lucky about that in my view.

To appy Clarke's phrase a bit;

"Any sufficiently advanced skill difference is indistinguishable from luck."

Let's put it this way. "Luck" is only a factor when it's beginners and novices fight, since the lacking skill level often brings out all sorts of unforeseen, unexpected mistakes. The higher level you go, the less luck is involved. Even with 50/50 moves, no 50/50 in game currently is just an instant win by itself. High level players manage the dangers and minimize the risks well enough.

Therefore, if someone says it's just "luck" deciding the outcome of the fight, then it simply means that someone isn't skilled enough to distinguish between luck and skill, and/or is playing at skill levels where "luck" is indeed a deciding factor.

(ps) leaver penalty still not activated even in PC version, btw.

Lumina-US
06-02-2017, 11:51 PM
So once the Host piss-leaves for whatever reason and i am on his/her team, but would NOT have quitted on my own, i get a 10 minutes penalty too, even when i did nothing wrong? -

Do you even know what you are doing? - you know when a hockey player commits a foul that ONLY HE get's a 2 minutes penalty and NOT the ENTIRE team?

But you are like, "Hey yo, who gives a sh1t, let's just punish them all equally, even those who obeyed the rules".

Seriously - fack you Ubisoft, one more reason to play vs. AI ONLY with matchmaking turned OFF!

Serious question: What is your main goal in "For Honor" ???

It seriously can't be bringing as much fun as possible to everyone that's (still) playing, but to cause brain cancer as fast as possible to all those poor souls instead.

CandleInTheDark
06-03-2017, 12:05 AM
So once the Host piss-leaves for whatever reason and i am on his/her team, but would NOT have quitted on my own, i get a 10 minutes penalty too, even when i did nothing wrong? - fack you Ubisoft, one more reason to play vs. AI ONLY with matchmaking turned OFF!

Serious question: What is your main goal in "For Honor" ???

It seriously can't be bringing as much fun as possible to everyone that's (still) playing, but to cause brain cancer as fast as possible to all those poor souls instead.

It isn't the team that gets the penalty unless you were grouped with them before matchmaking, a pug group will not cause you penalty unless you yourself quit.

Lumina-US
06-03-2017, 12:08 AM
It isn't the team that gets the penalty unless you were grouped with them before matchmaking.And that makes it more justified?

Hell no, take note - i am only responsible for my OWN actions and not the ones of my friends/teammates!

Only those who quit shall get punished - period!

CandleInTheDark
06-03-2017, 12:13 AM
Quoting UbiNoty so she gets a day off from it. You'll see their reasoning for the whole group.

Not team - group.
As in, you and your friend decided to join matchmaking as a pre-made. Then your friend rage-quits and you both get the 10-minute penalty. We do this because we don't want groups to juggle leaders to try to bypass the penalty. And, moreover, if your friend quits it was either because you agreed with his quitting - which makes you equally responsible, or he's a bad friend and you need to pay him a house-visit.

And before anyone asks what if I disconnect

I'll say it as many times as I need to.

1. Not punishing disconnects.
2. Only punishing those who quit from menu/alt-f4 - ie: those who show a clear and unmistakable intention to quit
3. Not punishing everyone in the match - just the quitter.
4. In the case you're in a group and your leader quits, this is the only scenario in which multiple people are penalized. So either you agreed with him to quit, or you need to go over to their house and give them a good spanking.

Pestilence1X
06-05-2017, 03:26 AM
The answer is a little bit of both but actually it goes deeper than that. At the beginning when we were playing just with stickmen part of the vision was about a game more on the reactable side. Anything you do any actions should have a specific timing but if you are good enough you can react to it. That was the early days of the game. Then as we evolved in production, as we created more characters and added flavours we created specific mechanics for some characters with little bit less reactable move and more mindgames for some element of these fighters. As we proceed forward now I think it is a better road to go, and so we will start to see more (couldn't make it out) less reactable elements in the game. Also for me why I am interested in that, it is an interesting mechanic whether ps4 or xbox at 30 fps or pc at 60 fps, if you have to guess, well, you have to guess. And it's not like yes you have slightly more time to react on the pc because of the framerate. That is something we will try to push in the future. We will not try to push into a pure (same thing I couldn't make out) game and move all the mechanics into that but it is definitely something that is going to go into the fight system.

This is just my opinion, and I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I HEAVILY disagree with now focusing more on "guessing game" type BS. Part of what made this game appealing to me, and perhaps many many others, is the fact that it looked purely skill-based and every move could be reacted to, but they weren't very easy to react to (in the beginning when everyone sucked). To me, it seems like the reason you're going down the whole BS "guessing game" road is because you failed at creating a good reaction game. Almost any player with more than 5 hours game time can react to basically every attack in the game, except obviously the guessing ones and the uber fast PK ones.

When I first saw the trailer for For Honor and the little bit of gameplay, I was completely stoked because it was something unique and the combat looked completely based on skill, not luck. If you focus more on "guessing" type moves, then it's just going to remove part of the skill from the game. It's basically just going to be whoever guesses correctly. Yes, you did say that you still want the game to mostly be reactive, but in my opinion, it should ALL be reactive. The difference though between what it is now and what it should be is that all attacks shouldn't be particularly easy to react to. You can watch the few youtubers still making vids and even look at many opinions on players and you will see that many, if not most, greatly dislike 50/50 moves from Warden and Lawbringer and such. It's like if you're tossing a coin. You can't call someone bad because they keep guessing wrong and you can't call someone good for guessing correctly every time. It's purely luck based. There is no strategy to it, it's just a guess. Guesses should never be in competitive games. Never.

Legit mind-games (ones that are still based on reaction, but CAN cause guesses, such as feints) are fine, but they shouldn't be focused on so heavily. After awhile anyways, mind-games become much less effective the more skilled the player becomes. People used to fall for feints left and right. Now it's expected. You should generally be focusing on the indicator anyways, and if more and more players do that instead of "timing" attacks, then they will become even less effective.