PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Kensei from the Samurai

zuzu20092010
06-01-2017, 08:35 AM
So I been playing as Kensei since the Open Beta and as of now I am playing the game as a REP 30 Kensei. So countless hours pour into Kensei I can safely say Kensei needs to be looked at. As good as I can be with Kensei I can say he's strongest in 4v4 matches (Mainly Dominion and Skirmish), He can take out minions faster, hold his own in outnumber fights thanks to his long melee range (Hitting 2-3 players at once), even deliver good damage when ganking your opponents. While he is a great team-player for the most part I find myself staying away from Duels, Brawls and sometimes Elimination. These types of game modes makes Kensei hardly shine at all, why? The turtle meta. I find myself beating my opponent first 2 rounds, next 3 I lose because he/she decides to turtle up and play it safe, I find this frustrating and hopeless. As a Kensei player I NEED my opponent's aggression to make Kensei do his job, in 4v4 matches you cannot simply stand in front of your enemy and stare at them, that wastes time and costs your team to lose points but in Duels and Brawls (Mainly those 2 modes) my opponents can take all the time in the world to worry about nothing but me. So that being said Kensei needs an Opener or another unblockable attack or a 50/50 tool (Like Warden's Shoulder Bash or Raider's Right-Off-The-Bat unblockable), being a Vanguard and not having these kind of tools makes me stay away from 1v1 and 2v2 modes. Not to mention it pains me to hear Kensei is a Master of Multiple Martial Arts and doesn't bother to throw a kick.

Great Light attacks speed
Great range
Great damage
Great Guardbreak distance (Grasping Pounce)
Great chains/mind tricks

Useless zoneattack
Predictable chains
Risky heavy attacks/Chain Finisher
Risky Chain Starters
Underuse of Deflect (Superior Block)
Underuse of Step-Back Attack (Taking a step back while throwing an attack)

kweassa1917
06-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Come to the Samurai Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1431-Samurai) for more in-depth discussion and feedback. :)

The General Discussions is nothing much more than a QQ/whine cesspool, just like any other PvP game communities out there ;)

UbiNoty
06-02-2017, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the feedback. We do have Kensei buffs coming out very soon so hopefully they should address some of the concerns you brought up. We also do have that defensive meta update that is just around the bend and should come soon.

skru_loose
06-02-2017, 01:51 AM
Thank god, finally!!!!