PDA

View Full Version : New patch - Last Straw - No Cent or Shin Nerfs

Duuklah
06-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Is this a joke? What did they do with this patch?

NOTHING...

They didnt implement a Ragequit feature.... BAD IDEA anyway.

They Didnt nerf Centurion - OK so the wall splat endless punish isnt GUARANTEED, but it can still happen. Just like they nerfed Warden Vortex and Conq shield bash... The endless wall splat punish was a BUG fix imo and they didnt even fix it.

No nerfs for Shinobi - Seriously?? Are they ****ing dumb?

Changed a bunch of moveset pieces.. Big ****ing deal!

Such a huge let down..

I want my ****ING money back!

kweassa1917
06-01-2017, 08:23 AM
You really don't have a rat's arse of a clue in how development schedules work, do you... lol...

It's always "GIMME WHAT I WANT RRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIGHT NAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO" with you folk.. :D

(*shakes head*) :D

matt89connor
06-01-2017, 08:28 AM
kepp patience ...they start with little nerf to see how centurion work, if the centurion remain strong, they add another nerf...watch the nerf of PK, after 3 weeks they start the first nerf XD
about shinobi, I think to be careful how to nerf him, he has a very low life, and his attack are always the same,so....he start 90% after the kick dodge

Egotistic_Ez
06-01-2017, 08:36 AM
It's a bit early for any serious nerfs imo. It's mainly cc spam in 4v4 that's an issue.

Berard_Gutler
06-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Look at the bright side.. at least they learned how to count "10-armed Monk" to 12-armed Monk"

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 12:19 PM
They learned from the valk that they did not want to do a huge nerf all at once. Again going with the pk example, one patch her dodge attacks get nerfed, deflect goes up in equal measure but deflect is riskier and less common, so net nerf, next patch they had hit recovery between chains to deal with the light spam, patch after the triple stab got nerfed, heavily in terms of the first two stabs and still nerfed a little if all three were completed.

They have had only one and a half weeks since everyone has had the new characters, two and a half since season pass got hold of it, they did say they wanted to wait a few weeks and you can't prepare and properly test a nerf or buff overnight even if they felt two and a half weeks was enough, and as was mentioned, they need to be careful with the shinobi, with the health pool and the punishes on his ranged stuff, if they take something off him they pretty much need to give something to him in return.

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 12:54 PM
The problem is, that the are balancing the heroes based on PC data alone, whole the game plus completely different on console compared to the PC.

On PC, valk and pk are balanced, whole they are still very, very stronk on console. They are slow and are making the wrong decisions for a large chunk of the community.

This has gone so far, that they are not even acknowledging, that consoles have different demands and problems.

"we are looking into it" for how long are you going to look into it? The game is already almost ruined and tine is running out, like blood from a wound.

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 12:57 PM
The problem is, that the are balancing the heroes based on PC data alone, whole the game plus completely different on console compared to the PC.

On PC, valk and pk are balanced, whole they are still very, very stronk on console. They are slow and are making the wrong decisions for a large chunk of the community.

This has gone so far, that they are not even acknowledging, that consoles have different demands and problems.

"we are looking into it" for how long are you going to look into it? The game is already almost ruined and tine is running out, like blood from a wound.

Ahahah nice one

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Ahahah nice one

Ok ... Almost balanced ... at least not a big of a train wreck, as they are on console.

Blasto95
06-01-2017, 01:14 PM

Pretty sure a couple weeks ago on one of the Dens they said PK had a higher win % on PC than console.

With Centurion and Shinobi, I think were only seeing a problem in 4v4. Maybe top tier Shinobis in 1v1/2v2 I have no idea with him though. But the bigger problem is the popularity of these heroes and frequency of running into these "Gank" squads. They need more time to really figure out whats Over or even under powered for them in solo and team fights. Right now, there are some complaints that are clearly "learn to play" issues. And other complaints seem like the real deal with changes needed to be made. Id rather them take another week to not only figure out what needs to be changed, but how to properly change them to be balanced.

As for the differences in Console vs PC, Id say these heroes have less of an issue with that as compared to PK/Valk. Shinobi has quick light attacks, but they dont seem unstoppable like PKs were, and hes using multiple moves where you just dont see the light attack spam nearly as much.

I think people really exaggerate with the balance of this game sometimes. Ya theres a good amount of issues for the top tier and competitive players, but for the vast majority of players, every hero is perfectly viable. We dont have any heroes that you just simply cant use because you know that every time you see "X" hero, you stand more than just a fighting chnace. If youre more skilled than your opponent, 90% of the time that will be enough to win you the fight.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Between you, Ego, Micidial, Rhodri and a few other select people I was hoping this patch would drive at least ONE of you people away.

So long!!!!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/07/ralph-wave.gif

(Also not gonna lie the "I want my money back" line made me laugh because its been so long but you still want a refund lol)

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Between you, Ego, Micidial, Rhodri and a few other select people I was hoping this patch would drive at least ONE of you people away.

So long!!!!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/07/ralph-wave.gif

I wonět leave.

I need to wait the penatly patch, because after that im going in every 1v1 with a shinobi literally running away for 5 minutes. When my opponent will leave, they will get penalized, and i will achieve an easy win vs bots, because for honor is a good game.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-01-2017, 01:27 PM
I wonět leave.

I need to wait the penatly patch, because after that im going in every 1v1 with a shinobi literally running away for 5 minutes. When my opponent will leave, they will get penalized, and i will achieve an easy win vs bots, because for honor is a good game.

I am gonna laugh my butt off when you get reported for griefing and come here and complain. I just might decide to go ahead and die happy that day lol

That or the day the penalty gets activated and the forums are flooded with the butthurt and the infinitely mad. Its gonna be a hard call for me.

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 01:30 PM
I am gonna laugh my butt off when you get reported for griefing and come here and complain. I just might decide to go ahead and die happy that day lol

That or the day the penalty gets activated and the forums are flooded with the butthurt and the infinitely mad. Its gonna be a hard call for me.

Griefing ? How that is griefing ? Its a playstyle, the game encourages. How can the naruto run, a legit skill, considered griefing ?

But if you prfeer i can just use a warlord and turtle up ad infinitum. After all, the core game itself is built around turtling :P

Sykoink
06-01-2017, 01:32 PM
I wonět leave.

Nah don't do that man. If you are angry at the creators of the game then let them have it instead of ipoisoning the community in the game. Don't set bad examples like that, other kids might rage and start doing the same thing to other people.

The_B0G_
06-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Like others have said, there will be no big nerf, they will trim him down little by little so they don't ruin him.

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Nah don't do that man. If you are angry at the creators of the game then let them have it instead of ipoisoning the community in the game. Don't set bad examples like that, other kids might rage and start doing the same thing to other people.

Are you seeing now, whats wrong with the game ? Can you see why a pčenalty is wrong ? LOL

Sykoink
06-01-2017, 01:38 PM
The only problem i have with the Cent is in 4v4. I don't really have a problem encountering him in 1v1 situations. The question is, how do they balance the Centurion so he will stay viable in both 1v1 and 4v4 modes. It's unfortunate that the Centurion is kind of ruining a mode like Dominion but at the same time not really dominating at 1v1 duels. So if they are too quick to nerf him, he might become useless in both 1v1s and 4v4s.

I don't really have a problem with the devs being careful on working out how to correctly balance him without going overboard. The first small step is being made in this patch but it isn't nearly enough. This won't fix the problem but i'm guessing the dev team already know this.

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 01:41 PM
The only problem i have with the Cent is in 4v4. I don't really have a problem encountering him in 1v1 situations. The question is, how do they balance the Centurion so he will stay viable in both 1v1 and 4v4 modes. It's unfortunate that the Centurion is kind of ruining a mode like Dominion but at the same time not really dominating at 1v1 duels. So if they are too quick to nerf him, he might become useless in both 1v1s and 4v4s.

I don't really have a problem with the devs being careful on working out how to correctly balance him without going overboard. The first small step is being made in this patch but it isn't nearly enough. This won't fix the problem but i'm guessing the dev team already know this.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1672036-A-tip-to-balance-the-4v4-without-actually-over-nerf-new-characters

CoyoteXStarrk
06-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Griefing ? How that is griefing ? Its a playstyle, the game encourages. How can the naruto run, a legit skill, considered griefing ?

But if you prfeer i can just use a warlord and turtle up ad infinitum. After all, the core game itself is built around turtling :P

Hmmm lets see the definition of griefing.....

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and angers other players within the game, often using aspects of the game in unintended ways

So ummmmm yeah thats griefing. Enjoy your griefing reports lol but please by all means feel free to respond and try to claim that your trolling is okay because you have seen other people trolling or have been on the receiving end of trolling or how you believe the game is built around trolling so its totes okat in your opinion.

That way I can explain to you the classic childhood lesson of how 2 wrongs don't make a right :)

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 01:47 PM

So ummmmm yeah thats griefing. Enjoy your griefing reports lol

Game design, pal. Not my problem if it irritates you. As you said, getting angry in a game is for childs, adult will just stop playing if they do not like some aspects of the game.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Game design, pal. Not my problem if it irritates you. As you said, getting angry in a game is for childs, adult will just stop playing if they do not like some aspects of the game.

I thank god the actual Devs don't see the world like you do.

Go ahead and message UbiNoty or Jurassic and tell them about your plans to intentionally run away etc etc and see if they don't tell you its griefing. I am begging you. That way when they say its griefing you can throw a hissy like you do over everything else you don't agree with in this game.

I'll wait :)

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 01:53 PM

Go ahead and message UbiNoty or Jurassic and tell them about your plans to intentionally run away etc etc and see if they don't tell you its griefing. I am begging you. That way when they say its griefing you can throw a hissy like you do over evrything else you don't agree with in this game.

You are naive my friend. But one thing is sure, I will have great time with this new patch

After all turtling is used in competitive environments. Its a game design choice, so hate mail me bruv.

Sykoink
06-01-2017, 01:53 PM

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and angers other players within the game, often using aspects of the game in unintended ways

So ummmmm yeah thats griefing. Enjoy your griefing reports lol

To be fair, while i do not condone this type of behavior, yes while it may anger and irritate a lot of people when he does run away, could it not be seen as a strategy to win the game? For example hitting someone once then run away until the timer runs out and win the round. It's not exactly against the rules and i've never seen ubisoft state anywhere that this ''tactic'' is an unintended aspect of the game.

But please Micidial, don't do this, you will only make the game worse by doing so. I guess you still like the game and want it to get better otherwise you wouldn't be here all the time. Let's not set a bad example of playing the game in this way to others :D

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 01:56 PM
To be fair, while i do not condone this type of behavior, yes while it may anger and irritate a lot of people when he does run away, could it not be seen as a strategy to win the game? For example hitting someone once then run away until the timer runs out and win the round. It's not exactly against the rules and i've never seen ubisoft state anywhere that this ''tactic'' is an unintended aspect of the game.

But please Micidial, don't do this, you will only make the game worse by doing so. I guess you still like the game and want it to get better otherwise you wouldn't be here all the time. Let's not set a bad example of playing the game in this way to others :D

You know that you have won every argument when you read something like this

I hope you guys can now see why this game is broken on its fundamentals, and cannot force people to play, there are infinite ways to exploit legit mechanics to just troll people, and forcing them ad infinitum in a lobby.

CoyoteXStarrk
06-01-2017, 02:00 PM
You are naive my friend. But one thing is sure, I will have great time with this new patch

After all turtling is used in competitive environments. Its a game design choice, so hate mail me bruv.

Yeah thats what I thought lol

I challenge you to prove your point and you back out like you always do.

I'll PM Noty or Jurassic tomorrow and post the results if I get a chance :)

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 02:02 PM
To be fair, while i do not condone this type of behavior, yes while it may anger and irritate a lot of people when he does run away, could it not be seen as a strategy to win the game?

If I go into a zone and two or three come after me, I dodge and play keep away while keeping their zone white, you could claim this is griefing but for me it is a matter of I am blocking their scoring in that zone and keeping players who don't disengage from being useful elsewhere.

Sykoink
06-01-2017, 02:03 PM
You know that you have won every argument when you read something like this

I hope you guys can now see why this game is broken on its fundamentals, and cannot force people to play, there are infinite ways to exploit legit mechanics to just troll people, and forcing them ad infinitum in a lobby.

It's not exactly winning every argument because you threaten to abuse something ingame and get away with it. You can do whatever you want, i was just asking you politely to not do it so you won't make the player base even more toxic then it already is.

I see what you are doing though, you don't like the state of the game and the rage quit system so you are posting sarcastic comments in these kinds of topics or threaten to do something in game to make a point on the forums.

Sykoink
06-01-2017, 02:09 PM
If I go into a zone and two or three come after me, I dodge and play keep away while keeping their zone white, you could claim this is griefing but for me it is a matter of I am blocking their scoring in that zone and keeping players who don't disengage from being useful elsewhere.

Yup thats a legit strategy. I've had some messages at times when playing certain classes, calling me names and telling me i was a noob because i was running away (and eventually killed them when i pulled them away from their precious gank squad). These people have no brains. Why would i ever, as an assassin with a low health pool stay and fight 2 or more people? Ofcourse i'm going to run away and pick better options.

People today get angered and irritated by everything these days though. I actually had a player message me saying that he reported me due to me emote spamming in Dominion every time i killed him lol..

Antonioj26
06-01-2017, 02:10 PM

Go ahead and message UbiNoty or Jurassic and tell them about your plans to intentionally run away etc etc and see if they don't tell you its griefing. I am begging you. That way when they say its griefing you can throw a hissy like you do over everything else you don't agree with in this game.

its not any different than the shin, orochi, or pk that runs around for the last 5 minutes of the clock in a unwinnable skirm or dominion match and I sincerly doubt anyone who has done this has been punished for griefing.

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Yeah thats what I thought lol

I challenge you to prove your point and you back out like you always do.

I'll PM Noty or Jurassic tomorrow and post the results if I get a chance :)

****, now I'm scared.

its not any different than the shin, orochi, or pk that runs around for the last 5 minutes of the clock in a unwinnable skirm or dominion match and I sincerly doubt anyone who has done this has been punished for griefing.

He has no idea what he is talking about lol.
Then start to report for griefing every headbutt spammer out there, or every pk light spam. LOL

It's not exactly winning every argument because you threaten to abuse something ingame and get away with it. You can do whatever you want, i was just asking you politely to not do it so you won't make the player base even more toxic then it already is.

I see what you are doing though, you don't like the state of the game and the rage quit system so you are posting sarcastic comments in these kinds of topics or threaten to do something in game to make a point on the forums.

May be sarcastic, but its doable by pretty much everyone, in every moment, some people are already doing it in 1v1. A warlord kept me 5 minutes, just because he can turtle up ad infinitum, and I was on my kensei, coudn't do nothing except quit. But now, im getting banned, lol

Herbstlicht
06-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Honestly it does feel very very slow, the way they are fixing the game.

Hero balance is bad in the modes that count.
Hero balance isn't even good in 1on1.
Hero viability is already given to roughly 60% of the cast instead of the former 40%. But that still leaves too many choices rather disadvantaged.
Console problems .. ah well, developers think they don't exist. Guess we imagine things only.

So where are the promised Samurai Hero buffs? Where is some fixing for Dominion? Where is the rage quit penalty?
Not that I like playing vs Centurion in Dominion, I just don't play it until it is fixed. But so much work is needed to make this game worth more of my time.
And the very worst part of it all. It was better before Season 2. Only improvement: New gear, new maps. But both doesn't compare to how much fun got sucked out of Dominion. Even old Revenge spam was better, because feeling empowered is better then feeling powerless.

Good thing though, only 15 days until Stormblood. Then possibly I won't be returning until Season 3. If at all.

FootlessRhino
06-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Is this a joke? What did they do with this patch?

NOTHING...

They didnt implement a Ragequit feature.... BAD IDEA anyway.

They Didnt nerf Centurion - OK so the wall splat endless punish isnt GUARANTEED, but it can still happen. Just like they nerfed Warden Vortex and Conq shield bash... The endless wall splat punish was a BUG fix imo and they didnt even fix it.

No nerfs for Shinobi - Seriously?? Are they ****ing dumb?

Changed a bunch of moveset pieces.. Big ****ing deal!

Such a huge let down..

I want my ****ING money back!

Oh boy, I can not wait until you'll quit this game and stop making these salty threads

CoyoteXStarrk
06-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Oh boy, I can not wait until you'll quit this game and stop making these salty threads

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/070/061/d96.jpg

Krell80
06-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Where is the rage quit penalty?

Read the patch note.

CandleInTheDark
06-01-2017, 07:20 PM
In terms of the rage quit penalty not being active now, they addressed that in the Den, it is one of those things they need to activate on all platforms at once, so it should be going active when consoles get the patch.

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Will we get the right version this time?

KalkPost
06-02-2017, 12:52 AM
Are we back at PK bashing after people got back to their mains from not being able to get along with Cents and Shins?

CandleInTheDark
06-02-2017, 01:19 AM
Are we back at PK bashing after people got back to their mains from not being able to get along with Cents and Shins?

I won't lie, it's been easier to be a peacekeeper this past month.