PDA

View Full Version : How I learned to stop worrying/ragequitting and love the brokenness that is For Honor

Archeun
05-31-2017, 09:09 PM
Greetings all:

For Honor in many ways is a groundbreaking game. Amazing combat. Fun characters. Different play styles for everyone.

As a person who loves the idea of For Honor, I realized in recent times I've been acting very immature. For some reason, For Honor makes me rage unlike any other game. I suspect that's for a number of reasons. As a For Honor player, my opinion is this. If you are going to continue to play, you must be prepared to accept certain things.

1. For Honor will never be balanced perfectly.

2. Some players will use cheats and/or BS combos that are allowed in the game for their kit. These players don't care how they beat you, they just care they do.

3. Newly released characters will be difficult to defend against initially. Most of the time, they will get nerfed or re-balanced especially if the population dramatically decreases.

4. Don't pre-order games. Most games are simply not released completed these days by developers. Part of that is because they get piles of money through pre-ordering and don't care if the game is complete or not.

5. Pre-ordering DLC or upgraded game packages is a unfortunate side effect of gaming these days. If you spend the $100.00, you may get a OK deal or you may get a $100.00 piece of junk.

6. Game developers would rather implement punishments on players instead of fixing root problems that are glaring. Example: For Honor has lost over 91% of their daily average players. Is this because of Ragequitting or massive imbalances in the game? Guess what? Doesn't matter, if you don't like it; don't play....Elite players will tell you this because you are a casual and to them, you are a scumbag.

7. Ragequitting is pointless. If you are mad enough at a game to constantly quit the game, regardless if the game is broken or not, you need to choose to play or simply walk away and not buy a product from the company in the future.

8. For Honor is not dying (according to some), it's just having a lull in population because it's awesomeness is to amazing for some to acknowledge.

9. Casual players will always be treated as being less important than hardcore ones.

10. The most important lesson is this. If the game is not fun, don't play it. You will ruin your own experience and other peoples. If enough people throw up their hands and simply quit playing; eventually, higher ups in the organization will go to the person in charge and make the necessary adjustments.

Today, I've played all day. I haven't quit once but I was thrown out of 7 games during it when people did so. That's obviously a problem and needs to be fixed. The truth is Ubisoft will implement this first to please the hardcore players. It's easier to do that than admitting that the game is flawed on several levels and needs to be fixed in order to minimize the amount of rage that players have for the game. Ray Charles could see the glaring issues with this game and the MASSIVE loss of player base should have someone at Ubisoft demanding answers.

Games are just games folks. A source of entertainment. Once they become a source of emotional outbursts, walk away. It's not healthy. Having realized these basic things; I've enjoyed my playing today. Don't get me wrong. I get annoyed when a Centurion stun locks me and stamina drains me the entire time I am fighting him. It annoys me when a Shinobi kites me across the board. Yet, every-time I die, I tell myself this; Keep improving. Dying is the secret. If you get knocked of things often; learn to avoid places that you can get knocked off of. if you get knocked into spikes often, avoid spikes. If the Orochi runs around you and slices you up with his dodging strike, learn to box him in. For Honor requires a significant amount of micromanaging and paying attention to where you are.

I hope to see you all in For Honor and remember, it's useless to ragequit. Simply quit the game if the stress or aggravation is to much. Maybe once the population has 100 people daily, the appropriate changes will be introduced.

Kill well all!

Gianturion
05-31-2017, 09:15 PM
Greetings all:

For Honor in many ways is a groundbreaking game. Amazing combat. Fun characters. Different play styles for everyone.

As a person who loves the idea of For Honor, I realized in recent times I've been acting very immature. For some reason, For Honor makes me rage unlike any other game. I suspect that's for a number of reasons. As a For Honor player, my opinion is this. If you are going to continue to play, you must be prepared to accept certain things.

1. For Honor will never be balanced perfectly.

2. Some players will use cheats and/or BS combos that are allowed in the game for their kit. These players don't care how they beat you, they just care they do.

3. Newly released characters will be difficult to defend against initially. Most of the time, they will get nerfed or re-balanced especially if the population dramatically decreases.

4. Don't pre-order games. Most games are simply not released completed these days by developers. Part of that is because they get piles of money through pre-ordering and don't care if the game is complete or not.

5. Pre-ordering DLC or upgraded game packages is a unfortunate side effect of gaming these days. If you spend the $100.00, you may get a OK deal or you may get a $100.00 piece of junk.

6. Game developers would rather implement punishments on players instead of fixing root problems that are glaring. Example: For Honor has lost over 91% of their daily average players. Is this because of Ragequitting or massive imbalances in the game? Guess what? Doesn't matter, if you don't like it; don't play....Elite players will tell you this because you are a casual and to them, you are a scumbag.

7. Ragequitting is pointless. If you are mad enough at a game to constantly quit the game, regardless if the game is broken or not, you need to choose to play or simply walk away and not buy a product from the company in the future.

8. For Honor is not dying (according to some), it's just having a lull in population because it's awesomeness is to amazing for some to acknowledge.

9. Casual players will always be treated as being less important than hardcore ones.

10. The most important lesson is this. If the game is not fun, don't play it. You will ruin your own experience and other peoples. If enough people throw up their hands and simply quit playing; eventually, higher ups in the organization will go to the person in charge and make the necessary adjustments.

Today, I've played all day. I haven't quit once but I was thrown out of 7 games during it when people did so. That's obviously a problem and needs to be fixed. The truth is Ubisoft will implement this first to please the hardcore players. It's easier to do that than admitting that the game is flawed on several levels and needs to be fixed in order to minimize the amount of rage that players have for the game. Ray Charles could see the glaring issues with this game and the MASSIVE loss of player base should have someone at Ubisoft demanding answers.

Games are just games folks. A source of entertainment. Once they become a source of emotional outbursts, walk away. It's not healthy. Having realized these basic things; I've enjoyed my playing today. Don't get me wrong. I get annoyed when a Centurion stun locks me and stamina drains me the entire time I am fighting him. It annoys me when a Shinobi kites me across the board. Yet, every-time I die, I tell myself this; Keep improving. Dying is the secret. If you get knocked of things often; learn to avoid places that you can get knocked off of. if you get knocked into spikes often, avoid spikes. If the Orochi runs around you and slices you up with his dodging strike, learn to box him in. For Honor requires a significant amount of micromanaging and paying attention to where you are.

I hope to see you all in For Honor and remember, it's useless to ragequit. Simply quit the game if the stress or aggravation is to much. Maybe once the population has 100 people daily, the appropriate changes will be introduced.

Kill well all!

Honestly,I agree with you. Thing is,I just can't play the game after like 2 or 3 matches. How am I supposed to have fun when the game refuses to let me play? I paid it for 40 euros,I think,and I expected more. I mean,the game is fun and I truly love it. I love its gameplay,mechanics,story,characters,I love all of it. But simply I can't enjoy these things because Ubisoft servers.

Archeun
05-31-2017, 09:26 PM
That issue is not Ubisoft server. Someone at Ubisoft thought it would awesome-sauce to have P2P for this. Why waste the time and money having dedicated servers to make stable connectivity when you can be at the mercy of someones Internet connection.

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 09:48 PM
To be fair, a ton of huge, great games came out shortly after For Honor, which could have easily sucked away a large portion of its playerbase. I know it did for me at least as well, for a while. Horizon: Zero Dawn, Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Mass Disappointment: Andromeda, Persona 5, Neir....it goes on.

UbiNoty
06-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Ultimately, we want you all the have fun too. We're doing our best to resolve the things that are causing frustration (ie: matchmaking, balance issues, etc), so that these are less of a pain point for you all.

And at the end of the day, the more fun you have, the better we feel knowing that we accomplished something that gave you a few hours of fun and pleasure.