PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't For Honor like this ??

Illyrian_King
05-31-2017, 04:52 PM
Hello Com!

Please watch this video at 2min, and tell me if this isn't 100 times more spicy then actual For Honor?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVcXbzoTS4o

Why did we get this medieval Star Wars with all those blinky effects, light sabers and such strict classes and no minion variety, instead of an actual medieval brawler with a real feeling of "army"?! :mad:

Why did the Devs get rid of this????
Just for making almost every thing wrong, in comparison to the video from the link?

This is my very own opinion, so that's why I want to hear your opinions!

MagicTyrant
05-31-2017, 06:09 PM
Liked it but they would have to get this stupid game to work 1st.

frank1ller
05-31-2017, 06:19 PM
seriously? screw realisms in video game.

this video show boring slow gameplay and no tactic.

the 15 second waiting bring nothing and there are too much npc. Its a multiplayer PVP game. not a MMO kind of war.

Honestly, i wouldnt have bought it if the game went that way

XxHunterHxX
05-31-2017, 06:27 PM
It's sad that the target gameplay looks more fun than the actual game

Blasto95
05-31-2017, 06:27 PM
The Devs did not get rid of anything from the clip you're describing...It was never actual gameplay. Its what they envisioned the game could be really early on. For all we know, it couldve been like an animated movie and not a video game at all. They said there were actors playing the voices after the video was created.

If you want them to go back to their original concepts, you should check out around 1:25. That's truly original game play footage.

While what you're describing looks really cool, It likely would not have worked at a grand scale.

Illyrian_King
05-31-2017, 07:32 PM
Liked it but they would have to get this stupid game to work 1st.

I think this isn't a big matter in comparion to the fact, that the game developes in a dumb way ... what do you get out of a working game, which is just a shdow of a good concept?

seriously? screw realisms in video game.

this video show boring slow gameplay and no tactic.

the 15 second waiting bring nothing and there are too much npc. Its a multiplayer PVP game. not a MMO kind of war.

Honestly, i wouldnt have bought it if the game went that way

It seems like you don't understand the point. This isn't even actual gameplay, just a prototype as a guide at which direction to look at!

For Honor has just developed completely different from this, and that is really sad!

It's sad that the target gameplay looks more fun than the actual game

Totally my mind!

The Devs did not get rid of anything from the clip you're describing...It was never actual gameplay. Its what they envisioned the game could be really early on. For all we know, it couldve been like an animated movie and not a video game at all. They said there were actors playing the voices after the video was created.

If you want them to go back to their original concepts, you should check out around 1:25. That's truly original game play footage.

While what you're describing looks really cool, It likely would not have worked at a grand scale.

The got rid of the vision ... as I said, the game developed completely different!
I also know, that this isn't gameplay, but the vision is a whole different one. A much better one in my eyes!

dragon7jdc
05-31-2017, 07:43 PM
Hello Com!

Please watch this video at 2min, and tell me if this isn't 100 times more spicy then actual For Honor?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVcXbzoTS4o

Why did we get this medieval Star Wars with all those blinky effects, light sabers and such strict classes and no minion variety, instead of an actual medieval brawler with a real feeling of "army"?! :mad:

Why did the Devs get rid of this????
Just for making almost every thing wrong, in comparison to the video from the link?

This is my very own opinion, so that's why I want to hear your opinions!

now that what a player skill based game looks like.

darksavior1977
05-31-2017, 07:55 PM
The only part that I thought looked like it would add more to the game other than better more realistic graphics and physics, was that the catapult objective captured was legitimately of tactical value, not just an orange or blue circle to stand in. More wind up time at the beginning of the match would do nothing for me but make me wish it wasn't there. Remember alot of stuff that is pretty cool once becomes super tedious and frustrating the 10, 20, 100th times.

Blasto95
05-31-2017, 08:03 PM
The only part that I thought looked like it would add more to the game other than better more realistic graphics and physics, was that the catapult objective captured was legitimately of tactical value, not just an orange or blue circle to stand in. More wind up time at the beginning of the match would do nothing for me but make me wish it wasn't there. Remember alot of stuff that is pretty cool once becomes super tedious and frustrating the 10, 20, 100th times.

Ya like seeing the same minion get an arrow to the knee for the 100th time. Really funny even the 5th or 6th time, totally oblivious to it after.

I thought the catapult objective was a neat idea. Along with minons acting more like captains and not mindless idiots. I think a realistic mode shown like this would be fun. But clearly it was not developed for some reason. And now, unless an entirely separate game for the future, this should not be added. For Honor simply can not afford to split its player base anymore. Making Ranked mode is risky enough.

FootlessRhino
05-31-2017, 08:21 PM
okay, the intro and the immersion factor looked cool, but it would get repetitive after about 10 games. Guy in the video compares it to Overwatch, where people have 30s at the beginning of the match to 'spam emotes' which is really not the case. in Overwatch, the first 30s are meant for a defending team to take positions and plan their defense. In FH however, there's no real difference between attacking and defending teams besides the colors that you're wearing, everyone is thrown into the game on equal grounds.

I think it would be cool if they made a bigger distinctions between attack and defense in forms of siege resources (like catapults in the footage) and fort defenses (pouring molten metal on attackers heads n stuff) but it would bring more balance issues into the game, which I'm not sure they're ready to handle yet.

also, footage looks awesome because it was done in motion capture. it's pretty much a rough looking cinematic.

Wolf-Heathen
05-31-2017, 08:26 PM
The reason is simple, in an effort to try and gauge popular trends, they based their final model more on a MOBA. They weren't interested in making the best game possible, their priority first and foremost is, how can we sell the most units? To be fair, it's not limited to just Ubisoft, EA and Activision are just as bad.

What people expected was a gritty, realistic medieval combat simulator. What we got was some weird MMO inspired MOBA hybrid:confused::confused::confused:

FootlessRhino
05-31-2017, 09:01 PM
What people expected was a gritty, realistic medieval combat simulator.

I didn't. alpha and beta gameplay was pretty clear on direction this game was taking. I mean it's only 4v4, that's not nearly enough players to make a realistic medieval combat simulator. I played Of Kings and Men before buying FH, and that game was a true battle simulator when early access launched. 150+ people on the battlefield smashing each other, no AI. the game died though.

Illyrian_King
05-31-2017, 09:01 PM
The reason is simple, in an effort to try and gauge popular trends, they based their final model more on a MOBA. They weren't interested in making the best game possible, their priority first and foremost is, how can we sell the most units? To be fair, it's not limited to just Ubisoft, EA and Activision are just as bad.

What people expected was a gritty, realistic medieval combat simulator. What we got was some weird MMO inspired MOBA hybrid:confused::confused::confused:

It is just funny how they threw away a pretty good concept to exchange it with an in comparison poor model ;b

FootlessRhino
05-31-2017, 09:32 PM
It is just funny how they threw away a pretty good concept to exchange it with an in comparison poor model ;b

I do believe they attempted to enter competitive scene with FH in order to match most popular online games like League and Overwatch. nothing wrong with that to be honest, but they don't really have infrastructure to pull it off successfully. however the concept could've been thrown out for many reasons, let's not be too quick to assume.

We.the.North
05-31-2017, 11:01 PM
What I really liked in this video was the complete lack of the "defensive turtle meta" where people wait for the opponent to make a mistake before parrying / dodging into guardbreak + Heavy. Also, no stupid "combos" and unblockable ****s.

This video was all about the "Art of Battle" that was praised all during the developpement process of For Honor. It is what was promised to us and seriously look a lot more fun to have 2 people go berserk on each other trading blows and blocks.

Trbevis
05-31-2017, 11:35 PM
Seen this before and it does look absolutely beautiful, excelt for how the guy runs, but even the bloke looks good, a conquerer with warden like gear, id love that, conquerers gear is all pretty much awful haha even the viking looks good. I know its motion captured but it is a bit annoying the actual game looks nothing like this, they even nailed the minions, made them look like actual troops as opposed to the midgets we get...

UbiNoty
05-31-2017, 11:45 PM
I believe this was an early concept video capture of FH and not actual gameplay. A lot of changes were made in the time between when this video was shown and the game FH game was realized.

I believe we had planned to show and discuss it in next week's Warrior's Den as well so maybe you'll be able to get more insight there as well!

Illyrian_King
05-31-2017, 11:50 PM
Seen this before and it does look absolutely beautiful, excelt for how the guy runs, but even the bloke looks good, a conquerer with warden like gear, id love that, conquerers gear is all pretty much awful haha even the viking looks good. I know its motion captured but it is a bit annoying the actual game looks nothing like this, they even nailed the minions, made them look like actual troops as opposed to the midgets we get...

I like these armour mix-ups ^^

I believe this was an early concept video capture of FH and not actual gameplay. A lot of changes were made in the time between when this video was shown and the game FH game was realized.

I believe we had planned to show and discuss it in next week's Warrior's Den as well so maybe you'll be able to get more insight there as well!

Yes it's all with mocaps (or however it's writen properly), but the whole style in the video is different from the game ... and to be honest I like the old style more then this)effect-overflow we have now.

We.the.North
06-01-2017, 12:13 AM
A lot of changes were made in the time between when this video was shown and the game FH game was realized.

For better or for worse ?? Like I said above, I absolutly love how the two characters are the end are wailing on each other defenetely playing the "Art of Battle" gameplay. The game at the moment rewards silly combos and playing overly defensive. I would have loved to play the alpha For Honor.

Mia.Nora
06-01-2017, 12:33 AM
Compared to this video our version looks like a WoW-esque cartoonish game. Those dented armors on knights, those viking outfit.

Most importantly minions actually look like soldiers, not identical clockwork midgets.

dragon7jdc
06-01-2017, 12:42 AM

For me. If that was the way the game is right now. you die from one killing blow. it would have been really awesome. because you would depend on your skill and reaction time more than just using certin game mechanics for a safe and sure win. but honestly we as a community really appreciate the effort of the dev team for making a game like this in the first place.

Illyrian_King
06-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Compared to this video our version looks like a WoW-esque cartoonish game. Those dented armors on knights, those viking outfit.

Most importantly minions actually look like soldiers, not identical clockwork midgets.

Haha that's a point ^^