PDA

View Full Version : For honor is a shadow of its pre alpha state

Mudflaaaps
05-30-2017, 07:13 PM
Just saw a video of a very early version of for honor, which honestly makes the final release look awful.
It started with a realistic looking knight and his full sized, human looking minions banging their shields as the timer depleted, then rushing out of the castle screaming. There's catapults blowing groups of enemies up, minions killing each other, the atmosphere was intense.
The knight (an early conqueror) slowly clunks up a hill (as a knight in armor would), where he battles with a raider (who also looks INFINITELY better than final release raider).
Slow, heavy blows are exchanged. Every hit looks and feels like a real hit, it's like a fight simulator. There's no lame power ups, no stupid ranged weapons, it looks REAL.

That game is what I wanted. But what did i get? A fun, yet shallow button masher. Poor physics, poor mechanics, poor gameplay in general compared to that incredible early teaser.

How did you go from such an amazing game, to the current rubbish? At what point did you think 'this is too realistic, let's add lightning fast zone attacks, ranged weapons, magic and sparkly clothing and characters!'

What I'd love to see is a 'realistic' mode.

-Slow the whole game down by about half, slower attacks, slower speed. Lower the health pool by a lot, attacks should have actual impact.
-Blocked attacks stagger the defender, making you vulnerable as a turtler and opening you up to attacks.
-Remove all powerups and sparkly powers, this isn't a kids game.
-Remove all ranged weapons (they have no place here).
-Give us some nice, dull, realistic armors. I want my conqueror to look like an actual knight, not some pansy in a colourful skirt.

Gastgrinder
05-30-2017, 07:25 PM
I am 100% of your opinion
For Honor could have been so fantastic
And what did we get?
Disabled spam mainstream ****.

Thx Ubi
You did it again

Illyrian_King
05-30-2017, 09:04 PM
I don't know who's idea it was to turn For Honor into Star Wars, but Ubi should really think about the pros and cons of letting this person continue working on this game ;b

Gastgrinder
05-30-2017, 09:07 PM
So everyone knows what it's all about

https://youtu.be/SN8RjXYjJe4?t=1810

frank1ller
05-30-2017, 09:31 PM
game arent made to be realist cause it would be boring.

imagine gta and fps in general if they would made it realalist

Draghmar
05-30-2017, 09:52 PM
Oh god...you do realise that this demo has nothing to do with real game? It's staged and prepared only to show of technology and the goal they aim to. It's not actual gameplay...You really believe that the games looks like this years before release?

JibletHunter
05-30-2017, 10:38 PM
well, its seems UBI is obsessed with unblock-able spam.

Epoqx
05-31-2017, 01:10 AM
Yeah the video looks realist and stuff... But god damnit how slow it is.

EDG_Avocado
05-31-2017, 03:40 AM
this game failed.
Old news here lol

That_guy44
05-31-2017, 03:53 AM
Rainbow Six Siege
Watchdogs
The Division