PDA

View Full Version : Time to have a long break from the game

kingbuddha712
05-30-2017, 12:39 PM
For me, anyway. I've been playing since release and have for the most part had a positive experience with the game (connectivity issues aside), I love the look and feel of the game as well as the depth to combat. It was extremely addictive at the beginning trying out each class, learning movesets and what works against whom and so on. Yes there were/still are balance issues with some classes but I was still having lots of fun with the game overall regardless, in almost every game mode.

That has changed since the arrival of season 2 and the new heroes. I just don't have fun fighting them. Whereas before I could be up against a PK (who I think was universally recognized as the most annoying class in season 1) and sure the fight would be tough, particularly vs a skilled pk, but I always had fun. When I face off now against Shinobi in a duel I simply find it tedious. I'm not here to cry for nerfs, I can beat both new characters regularly 1v1, but it is a frustrating experience to say the least, not at all enjoyable. As I've read elsewhere it's as if Shinobi was created for a different game. Also 4v4 is not enjoyable anymore with Centurion ganks and running shinobi teams with kicks everywhere it has sucked the fun out of these game modes and just left frustration, sometimes I was just praying for one match without any new characters on either team but that rarely ever happens.

I get no sense of satisfaction from winning anymore and I get more pissed off when I lose. When that starts happening with any game, it's time for a break. Maybe I can start to enjoy the game again after a month or so away, who knows. The new characters aren't going anywhere, but maybe they'll be made slightly less annoying to fight against in 1v1 and 4v4, we shall see. Anyway this is all just my personal opinion, I simply felt like having a rant before going on hiatus. Peace.

Pope138
05-30-2017, 03:55 PM
I'm with ya.
Season 2 was the start of a loooong break for me. May not come back--it all depends.
I just don't like these new characters.

kbvlcvfkhgc
05-30-2017, 04:24 PM
Frustrating,

that's the key word, i too love this game it but yea, S2 has changed the vibe and made the whole experience way more toxic, the endless Centurion Gank squads?, the teleporting Ninja spider-men? WTF were Ubisoft thinking?

i'm thinking a good long break may be the best thing for me as i'm getting sick of flinging my controller at the TV screen in rage fueled frustration after getting gang banged by the a pair of level 2 Centurions yet again,

Herbstlicht
05-30-2017, 05:25 PM
Yeah, lost some of it's spirit. But dunno if you could have predicted this. The game and the community are rather special, there are a lot of people still enjoying "being" the centurion gank squad for example. Well, guess it is going to get less enjoyable by day (today I too quit For Honor PvP) as people leave the online play. If all thats left is cent-gank squads and if even to find those, you needa search for hours .. well, then the grave's been dug.

FootlessRhino
05-30-2017, 05:48 PM
I know how you feel, but it's quite the opposite for me. my main in S1 was PK, I reached rep 10 with her and was finding the game a bit tedious. none of the other characters seemed appealing to me, and playing PK wouldn't give me joy most of the time: when I'd win fights I felt indifference, when I'd lose fights I'd feel angry at myself for playing badly. but when new heroes came out, I picked up Centurion and found the joy of the game again. I'm a Duel guy myself, don't really play 4v4 unless I have orders to complete, and even though I lose like 75% of the Duels, I feel excitement while learning him. he has a lot more depth than other characters and I'd like UBI to continue on this route and maybe re-work the old classes eventually to add more depth.

Vonnivek
05-30-2017, 07:08 PM
I have the exact same feeling

1v1 against shinobi is not fun at all
last season against PK at least I had fun
I can try to skill up and try to win
but now against shinobi, it's just so stupid and boring
shinobi just whole game keeping a distance then kick/attack and then dash back again
very very boring experience
even I win I'll feel so toxic
not enjoyable anymore
also teleport move is just beyond human ability, just not fit into this game

and talk about 4v4
Cens gank up is such a problem and need to be solved
sometimes you know you can react to their move,
it's just if you get hit in the first time then you'll get hit down forever and dead
not fun anymore, especially in skirmish mode

hope UBISOFT can see these problems
they are really serious problems

J-HovTheKnolls
05-30-2017, 07:14 PM
You are all criers who should just quit and stop complaining wah the new heroes and the PK is not a class she is a hero in a class. Never seen so much crying over new content they are absolutely fun to play as and if you get beat by one hero everytime you are not that good and should give up or at least just stop whining.

DrExtrem
05-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Well. I am a ****ing noob and I play vs bots.

But ... I can handle all the vanilla heroes bots. The new ones are a chore to fight against.

Unfun and frustrating.

I had some really nice botmatches this evening and I had ... fun (wtf?!?) ... then I realized, that I only had vanilla bots in my matches.

Gensui.Musashi
05-30-2017, 07:52 PM
I will leave too.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 08:02 PM
You are all criers who should just quit and stop complaining wah the new heroes and the PK is not a class she is a hero in a class. Never seen so much crying over new content they are absolutely fun to play as and if you get beat by one hero everytime you are not that good and should give up or at least just stop whining.

You aren't very good at reading are you? He said he can beat the new classes it's just not fun to him. He's not the only one, there was a couple pictures floating around that showed a survey that was conducted regarding the new characters and the majority just don't have fun fighting them. Very well thought out post OP it's a shame to see you go but you aren't alone, hope to see ya back.

Dakaal
05-30-2017, 08:22 PM
i know the feeling, I just finish a Dominion game moments ago against 2 Shinobi, 1 cent and 1 Law, We won, but god dammit if i could do something in a 3 vs 3 fight, the Shinobi just teleporting and kicking non stop, the cent doing the same, Kick, Knockdown, Stamina drain was a pain, i had to run to recharge and come back in the fight but guess what my team was dead, and i was alone vs 3 players, i died so fast and when i hit revange"i was on the floor" nothing happened
i need to take a brake and w8 for season 3, i am getting to nervous over this game

Soul_Assassin85
05-30-2017, 08:29 PM
im not that frustated because of the new characters... but i feel that since season 2 the network problems and bugs multiplied by a lot... is getting near my patience limit...

ANGRYVIKINGS
05-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Great post kingbuddha712!

I think that there are a lot of players (myself included) who are frustrated with the game it its current state.

The new characters
My personal opinion of the new characters is that they are fun to play, but they are not fun to play against. Both of them are great in gank strategies, to the point that revenge mode has been rendered pointless.

The updated gear stats
Defense penetration needs to be fixed: If it is working as intended, then Ubi dedicated 3 slots to "Defense" and all 3 of them can be quickly invalidated by the new "Defense Penetration" gear stat (if this is working as intended, why not just remove all 4 and replace them with innovative stats that would actually customize the experience?).
Sprint Speed Smash and Grab: Ubi presented to us that no one was choosing sprint speed (which btw, seems unlikely). The problem is that after we lost sprint speed, Season 2 introduced a new character that happens to have the ability to run faster than everyone else. Now if a Shinobi is the last survivor on a losing team, the Shinobi frequently chooses to run from the opposing team for 1 to 5 minutes instead of engage the enemy team (not fun for anyone involved (except for maybe the Shinobi?).

Summary: Our former mains die faster than ever due to lesser gear and new vulnerabilities introduced by the new (and OP) characters. Which leaves us with a decision: Join the gank fest by selecting one of the new characters, lose in frustrating ways, or quit the game.

Hopefully Ubi will be able to figure out a way to restore the game to a better state soon...

Sykoink
05-30-2017, 11:50 PM
I've been trying to convince two of my friends to join me in For Honor since the beginning in Season 1 and then finally they bought the game and joined me...in Season 2. They both already sold their game after a couple of days. One lasted a little longer than the other but aside from the dozens of different technical issues in the game, the experience in Dominion (in Season 2 right now) made them sell the game and asking me why i'm still playing this game :rolleyes:

Sir-Dumah
05-31-2017, 01:01 AM
Hello ,
I myself played since beta after work hours and weekends as a Lawbro and I loved the game since day 1.
I didnt feel bad spending 60$ on the game or 40$ on season 2 , Hell of eaven getting all them shiny outfits and gearing up to gold more then 1 character , the game its worth every cent I payed and I had many hours of fun
After a lot of painfull days with connection isues and balance issues , just the major patch I think it was 1.07 I finally feelt things are starting to improve by a lot with the characters balance and started having more fun.

I play together with my best friend since the begining and we both got 20ish prestige on out mains and we both now feel verry FRUSTRATED to play against the new characters
Centurion fights feel like fighting agaisnt a terminator with heat seeking blade and jetpack who is meant to kill turtle style players while beeing the king turtle , where you watch the cutscene with your guy flying and getting stabben on the floor while wondering if you gona get your stamina back to have another go looking at your under 50% hp left after doing 1 mistake (ALL the other characters punish you with a free side/top heavy after a GB or a dodge) ...

Anyways , now to the fun part fighting the Shinobi , kick/grab 50%hp gone , dash dash dash trying to survive and hoping to land a hit before I die wondering how to trow my polearm after it in the hope it will die since nothing seem to work most of the time. I feel as disgusted winning or losing against one since the FUN factor its 0% and like another guy sayd it doesnt feel it belongs in this game
I am not trying to cry me a river with this post , just stating all the feelings I have when fighting the new toons , esp shinobi
Kinda dissapointed to be honest

Leaving aside the new toons , I would like to mention the so called " new armor sets" with season 2! What a joke , same old **** with another stripe of metal or 2 more holes and its brand new item. There should be at least 1 brand new armor/weapons set every 5 prestige levels that looks better and better and proper details on stats like HEY YOUR LAWBRINGER HAS 120 HP 34 atk base and 29 def and this new chest armor gives you+10HP , -5 attack , +6 defence where 1 defence mittigates 1 damage , simple isnt always bad
The state of the game from my point of view its bad at the moment.

Mirage6201
05-31-2017, 02:04 AM
S2 changed the vibe for me and my friend.

Egotistic_Ez
05-31-2017, 03:18 AM
The new characters, while fine in solo, are anti fun in team games. Combine that with the quitter penalty coming soon that will force me to stay in those unfun games and yeah, I'm likely done.