PDA

View Full Version : [Faction War] What do you think about it ??

We.the.North
05-30-2017, 04:09 AM
Answer the poll as you would like and please explain briefly your choice. To me, Faction War is annoying for the following reasons :

1. Lack of instant feedback when you deploy war assets. We should know the % (with decimals) before and after IF you choose to deploy there. Right now, we know where it stands before we deploy but we don't anymore as soon as we deploy our war assets. It's like throwing a dart but not looking where it hits on the target.

2. Because of #1, I lack incentive to take the time to manually deploy. Seems like a waste of time between the real fun : actual games. Maybe it's something Ubisoft thought we'd be doing while waiting for "next game" to start, but since everyone always leave a game after it's done, there are never enough players to go on anyway, so might as well forget about the war assets, leave and queue again right away.

3. Lack of war assets consistency. Winning two games with the same KDA and renown seems to yield different # of war assets. The whole war asset reward seems like an "act of god" giving us arbitrary values going up and down the better / worse you do, but with a lot of "random noise" in teh result still.

4. A single player can't make a difference. When a round starts with a territory at 44% and after 20 manual deploys, it's still 44%. You actually get frustrated at the result. At this point, you want to "not give a s*** about faction war", but too late ... the mere fact you tried to "have fun" with the Faction War now annoys you greatly because it failed horribly.

5. I won as vikings and swtiched to knights to give them a hand on the current season. What I dont get is ... why doesn't the matchmaking favors putting me with other "knights" so we, as a team, can perform well and beat the other factions in the game we're about to play ?? If my team is 4 knight and we win, wouldn't the knights get more war assets as a whole ?? If my team is 2 vikings and 1 samurai, would winning actually hurt my faction ?? Is this making any sense at all ??

For all of the above, I lost faith in the faction war. It's not even a gameplay, it's not fun, I dont even know what the goal was when Ubisoft made it. The idea is nice, but there is certainly room for improvement.

Mia.Nora
05-30-2017, 04:40 AM
I am really annoyed by faction war, for two reasons;

1. Non-skipable animation on main menu which doesn't even matter for 14 days.

2. It steals way too much attention from developers, where there are a mountain load of real issues.

I am dreading the next Warrior's Den, where developers will come again holding a plastic axe, yelling "Feacctttion WAR' and touching their nipples..

Vingrask
05-30-2017, 04:45 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675838-Suggestion-Faction-War-improve-ideas

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:48 AM
I think the Faction War is entirely pointless until the final 24hrs

The team that makes the best final push is the winner. Not the one that actually performed better overall. To then lock exclusive rewards behind a luck based system like that is wrong on the part of the devs.

And I say that as Viking player who won last Season.

We.the.North
05-30-2017, 04:53 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-improve-ideas

Make a war really happen! Fulfil Appolion dreams!

Nice.

Krell80
05-30-2017, 04:58 AM
It's hard to take the faction war seriously when only the last day is important.

OokiireteHoshii
05-30-2017, 01:22 PM
Time zone war.

Egotistic_Ez
05-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Faction war is my favouritest thing eva. I wuv RNG based mini games I have no control over, they're the bestest.

Kraxers
05-30-2017, 02:29 PM
Even though I am having fun with faction war I think design is really really bad. It really needs a rework. Not like just adding some numbers so you can play it more intelligently it needs total rework.

Illyrian_King
05-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Well the point is that you don't FEEL the faction war at all!

1) You don't fight with guys of your own fation against others, but it's just a random mix up, where you often even fight with a hostile faction against your own guys. You never come to develope a "patriotic" felling!
!!!Biggest Issue!!!

2) The rewards where widely under every estimation!

3) It is time wasting to deploy the assets! You have to switch to the map - get out of the current front and switch to another - switch back to the "next match window"
It would be way more appealing to be directed to the map instead of the "next match window" - not being inside a front just to get out of it for switching to another - being directed to the "next match window" after spending the assets!

4) More feedback what your donation really changed!

Lyskir
05-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Time zone war.

this...

Kurotam4
05-30-2017, 02:56 PM
No one cares about this faction war.

Remove all that annoying swords falling down in the map and focus on what really matters: game modes impossible to play (I can't play skirmish! Why?), shameful matchmarking and annoying and unreliable online experience.

We.the.North
05-30-2017, 11:12 PM
Seeing how the responses so far are overwhelmingly neutral or negative : I guess my question for next warrior's den would be :

1- Is there any futur plan regarding faction war to improve its gameplay ??

Ubijurassic, a little foward to the dev please ?

UbiJurassic
05-31-2017, 12:21 AM
Seeing how the responses so far are overwhelmingly neutral or negative : I guess my question for next warrior's den would be :

1- Is there any futur plan regarding faction war to improve its gameplay ??

Ubijurassic, a little foward to the dev please ?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/jurassicpark/images/f/f9/Raptor_-_Surprise_MOFO.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140408110708

You rang? I'll forward the question. :)

Neurodoom
05-31-2017, 06:11 AM
What i want to see as a change in the war is that you only give points to your faction IF you play with the characters of your faction. Its fine that we can play with every character in the game, but in the faction war it doesnt make sense.

razabak10mm
05-31-2017, 06:24 AM
Don't you nubs know anything. Everything you need to know about faction war is right here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679157-For-those-that-don-t-know-how-Faction-War-works-Some-clarification

We.the.North
06-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Update : On June 1st's Warrior's Den, this question was asked to the Developers :

Watch at 1:29:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NhFKeZdsU&t=3185s

Lets switch the discussion to what can they actually do to make Faction Wars more interesting and in some time, I'll compiled all the suggestions into a new post, maybe with a poll including the best ideas.

RenfieldX
06-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Answer the poll as you would like and please explain briefly your choice. To me, Faction War is annoying for the following reasons :

5. I won as vikings and swtiched to knights to give them a hand on the current season. What I dont get is ... why doesn't the matchmaking favors putting me with other "knights" so we, as a team, can perform well and beat the other factions in the game we're about to play ?? If my team is 4 knight and we win, wouldn't the knights get more war assets as a whole ?? If my team is 2 vikings and 1 samurai, would winning actually hurt my faction ?? Is this making any sense at all ??

This is one of my main issues with the faction war. You don't really feel invested as part of your faction. In most games where you pick a team, you are paired with that team and you fight vs. the others. I get that it may not always be possible, particularly if your faction has lower populations at the time of day but it should at least try to pair faction members where it makes sense. If there are 3-4 Vikings matched, put them on the same team. If they start doing this, they could also make the minions and captains match your faction for added faction flavor.

They also need to find a way to make the entire season matter when calculating a winner rather than having it essentially decided by the time of day that the round ends.

M0nty_1
06-02-2017, 11:30 PM
The most important thing is being able to see immediately where you deploying assets can help the most. Not what the state of play was hours ago. The current state of the war needs to be current, at least to within the last 5-10 minutes.
Secondly, when you manually assign the assets needs to be when you have time to think about it. If you don't click Ready immediately to start the next game, everyone quits, but if you do click Ready immediately, you can have little/no time to manually allocate the assets. Perhaps the game could let you decide before you fight - there is enough time while you are waiting and waiting and waiting to join a fight..
Thirdly, the riduculous business where performance the whole round counts for nothing, and the last few hours determines the outcome needs to go. Samurai's had the highest percentage and were as high as 40, and still lost the last round in the last day.

UbiNoty
06-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. We do know that the Faction War in it's current state is a bit lacking and we've already set a team to work on it.
I'll pass your suggestions and thoughts over to them so they can take a look.

cyberakiba
06-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone, first thing I do usually set war assets and will continue to do my part but, as many people stated there's a lack of attention from many people for various reasons.. What about expanding the horizon and actually implement some more neutral strongholds around different territories, allowing each faction to actually fight for it! Would be amazing, I'm sure we've already talked about this here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1618962-SUGGESTION-Game-Mode-Siege
Surely would be a big implementation to the game wich requires hours of pain for the Development to work on, but the potential of this idea could fill a big hole in the faction war! That's just a personal though ;)