PDA

View Full Version : I can't even...

TSCDescon
05-30-2017, 03:32 AM
Rep 9 ilvl 144 Shugoki main

Ubisoft either you fix shugoki or remove him from the game so people will stop crying "SHUGOKI NEEDS NERF". I finished a 1v1 match and this player send me a voice message saying "I hope that **** (referring to Demon's Embrace) gets nerf... one shotting people is ****ing stupid"

I don't know what to say. I'm already frustrated that Oni Charge is nerf but I can deal with it, but this... The guy was playing warlord who is stronger than Shugoki and he was winning 2-1. After I killed him with DE, he left and sent me the voice message.

Shugoki isn't the only character I play. I also play warden who is rep 4, kensei rep 1, orochi rep 3, and LB close to rep 2. But I stayed true to my main.

I know i see more people complain about the new characters more than shugoki but still...

Mia.Nora
05-30-2017, 03:51 AM
He does have a point though, one shotting is lame and stupid.

I think his whole kits needs a rework to make it fun to play as and vs.

TSCDescon
05-30-2017, 04:01 AM

I would love a rework, but the chance of that is happening is very little. Majority of the player in this community doesn't want him to receive a rework nor buffs, only nerfs. :(

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:06 AM

If you get one shotted then that is 100% your fault.

Its the single most telegraphed and expected move in the game that is not only easy to see coming, easy to dodge and easy to punish, but when he misses he loses a SIGNIFICANT portion of his health. The only time its truly powerful is in group fights when you don't see it coming and even then in the same situation with any other hero you are likely gonna die anyway so the result is essentially the same.

- He has no true combos

- His attacks are slow as all hell

- His recovery times are a life age long

His Grab and his GB bat swing are his main weapons. You can't take away his grab powers without giving him something else.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 04:11 AM

Ubisoft either you fix shugoki or remove him from the game so people will stop crying "SHUGOKI NEEDS NERF". I finished a 1v1 match and this player send me a voice message saying "I hope that **** (referring to Demon's Embrace) gets nerf... one shotting people is ****ing stupid"

I don't know what to say. I'm already frustrated that Oni Charge is nerf but I can deal with it, but this... The guy was playing warlord who is stronger than Shugoki and he was winning 2-1. After I killed him with DE, he left and sent me the voice message.

Shugoki isn't the only character I play. I also play warden who is rep 4, kensei rep 1, orochi rep 3, and LB close to rep 2. But I stayed true to my main.

I know i see more people complain about the new characters more than shugoki but still...

Forget them. Salty players are salty players. I main Raider, and thanks God that it's considered overall a mediocre character because some idiots would blame some design choices for losing against me...

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:20 AM
I will never see how people can justify nerfing Shugoki when he is the single most gimped Hero in the game

- Slowest sprint speed

- Slowest attack speed

- Least amount of combos

- What combos he does have are all 2 hit combos

- His only stun knocks the opponent out of attack range

- Most easily parried attacks in the game

- His only way to one shot someone is to be on the brink of death and if he misses its an instant death for HIM

- Runs out of stamina after 3 swings

- His running unblockable now is a gentle shove to one side

Oh yeah lets nerf THAT GUY. Meanwhile every Warden is Shoulder Bashing his way to Godhood and every good Warlord is still nigh unbeatable in a 1v1.

Makes TOTAL sense lol

Mia.Nora
05-30-2017, 04:24 AM
Coyote, I understand English may not be your native tongue, but man... you DO have very serious comprehension problems. Try to read before replying whatever nonsense you are about to say. Or if you just want to say it in general, do not quote people for saying a tangent but irrelevant thing, ok?

I said one shotting is lame and stupid. It does not involve 'it is hard to dodge' in its context. Not that hard eh?

Regardless of its difficulty, it will stay to be lame and stupid.

TSCDescon
05-30-2017, 04:26 AM
I will never see how people can justify nerfing Shugoki when he is the single most gimped Hero in the game

- Slowest sprint speed

- Slowest attack speed

- Least amount of combos

- His only way to one shot someone is to be on the brink of death and if he misses its an instant death for HIM

Oh yeah lets nerf THAT GUY. Meanwhile every Warden is Shoulder Bashing his way to Godhood and every good Warlord is still nigh unbeatable in a 1v1.

Makes TOTAL sense lol

Let's put in a scenario.
If Demon's Embrace does get nerf somehow to the ground like his Oni Charge, few days later, people complain about his hyper armor, then his charge heavy, then his head butt.
That will be the end of Shugoki. And when no one ever plays him anymore, the developers finally decided to take him out of the game, which I wish it will never happen.

xmelesiox
05-30-2017, 04:28 AM
It didn't post when I clicked post crappy I'll make it short then.

Anybody that gets grabbed its on them. Used to hate the Shugoki as a Raider main then I unlocked him hoping I could fight him better by fighting with him. It's harder then heck to land that grab against anybody who is a decent player. Mind you I'm only Rep 1 with him but I've dueled enough times to know somebody has to make a mistake for that to land especially when I'm critically low on health so it instakills. As a Shug I am extremely sluggish and when I go to hug you feel the need to do a little warm up before charging so you know it's coming so its not my fault you didn't move.

I will admit I get a lot of joy from playing the Shugoki. He makes me laugh as the dimwit tubby baseball bats people then sluggishly runs forward to smack them as they stand back up and headbutt them before doing another homerun swing like a cat playing with his food (I die a lot because of this). He doesn't need a nerf though because he's not that strong to begin with. His damage output is amazing if you stand still or can't parry. His HP pool is great for being a punching bag if you don't have super armor activated.

Right now my favorite thing in For Honor is killing these Romans with my Shoguki. You just spent two minutes beating the TAR out of me because you managed to punch me in the face completely exhausted my stamina pool and turning my monitor to a bright white flash of light that makes it really hard to fight back. I finally manage to break the cycle of abuse he is piling on me with a successful guard break or lucky blind block and back away a little bit. Roman has exhausted all of his stamina beating the fat guy up so my stamina comes back too. Centurion comes at me like a flying lizard so I bear hug that jerk mid flight and break his spine. Victory.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:41 AM
Coyote, I understand English may not be your native tongue, but man... you DO have very serious comprehension problems. Try to read before replying whatever nonsense you are about to say. Or if you just want to say it in general, do not quote people for saying a tangent but irrelevant thing, ok?

I said one shotting is lame and stupid. It does not involve 'it is hard to dodge' in its context. Not that hard eh?

Regardless of its difficulty, it will stay to be lame and stupid.

I always do find it cute when people try and be so smug when they reply to criticism as if they are actually impressing anyone by taking that tone. Its always a good chuckle.

One shotting in itself is lame and stupid, but in the case of the Shugoki YOU are the one that is lame and stupid if you die to it.

Thats like getting hit by a train and then complaining that its the train's fault even though YOU were the idiot that somehow got hit by the giant loud thing that is heading your way.

Mia.Nora
05-30-2017, 05:08 AM
I always do find it cute when people try and be so smug when they reply to criticism as if they are actually impressing anyone by taking that tone. Its always a good chuckle.

One shotting in itself is lame and stupid, but in the case of the Shugoki YOU are the one that is lame and stupid if you die to it.

Thats like getting hit by a train and then complaining that its the train's fault even though YOU were the idiot that somehow got hit by the giant loud thing that is heading your way.

There are some improvement, you are on the right track. You now acknowledged what I initially said, by agreeing that one shot is lame and stupid.

Now you need to find that part where I complain for getting hit by a one shot, since your whole argument is around that complaint.
A little hint: You WON'T. See what I mean by comprehension problems. You are arguing against arguments you invented, not the ones I said.

RoosterIlluzion
05-30-2017, 07:43 AM

Its the single most telegraphed and expected move in the game that is not only easy to see coming, easy to dodge and easy to punish, but when he misses he loses a SIGNIFICANT portion of his health. The only time its truly powerful is in group fights when you don't see it coming and even then in the same situation with any other hero you are likely gonna die anyway so the result is essentially the same.

- He has no true combos

His Grab and his GB bat swing are his main weapons. You can't take away his grab powers without giving him something else.

Attacks are slow, but do stupid damage. Plus half of them you're stunned, so he always gets his hit in. He doesn't need combos.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 08:24 AM
Attacks are slow, but do stupid damage. Plus half of them you're stunned, so he always gets his hit in. He doesn't need combos.

Stunned from what?

His headbutt knocks you out of his attack range unless you hit a wall.

Herbstlicht
05-30-2017, 08:29 AM
Hmm, people will always hate that one-shot stuff. Add in super armor and some skilled play where you grab the enemy that is getting off from ground or you manage the wallstun, it is too strong. Even if you did completely outplay your opponent until that one time you get parried, light hit, headbutt - stamina gone - and he now does provoke you to parry a feint he parries himself. Grab, wallstun, game over. This stuff happens and doesn't leave you any way out.

Besides, Shugi is not the worst character in game. Strong in teamgames, does struggle somewh against the new ones, but can kill them rathwr fast as well. Some duel matchups are rather bad for him though. Will get better with guard speed improvement.

And to Mr. Coyote: Why you always so aggro? This is no place to fight and overly aggressive voicing means way less credibility to any words someone puts in here.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 08:31 AM
And to Mr. Coyote: Why you always so aggro? This is no place to fight and overly aggressive voicing means way less credibility to any words someone puts in here.

Where was I aggro other than with the Mia guy?

Mia.Nora
05-30-2017, 10:49 AM
Where was I aggro other than with the Mia guy?

Oh the irony in that reply :D

"But your honor! I did not kill anybody apart from that one guy??"

TSCDescon
05-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Hmm, people will always hate that one-shot stuff. Add in super armor and some skilled play where you grab the enemy that is getting off from ground or you manage the wallstun, it is too strong. Even if you did completely outplay your opponent until that one time you get parried, light hit, headbutt - stamina gone - and he now does provoke you to parry a feint he parries himself. Grab, wallstun, game over. This stuff happens and doesn't leave you any way out.

Besides, Shugi is not the worst character in game. Strong in teamgames, does struggle somewh against the new ones, but can kill them rathwr fast as well. Some duel matchups are rather bad for him though. Will get better with guard speed improvement.

Ok, if you were to change his DE, what will it be?

1- Remove insta kill, but increase healing at critical health
2- Remove both insta kill and healing
3- 1 and 2, but doesn't lose health if whiffs, start-up is faster, recovers faster

You can't really do much to this ability.

There really isn't a way to nerf an ability without giving it a buff.

Take Oni Charge for example. It was nerf to the ground with no buff. Sure it can still knock players off ledge and spikes, but what are the chances of someone will stand close to a ledge and spike. It never happens on high level play.

This is why it's a huge problem for Shugoki because of his moveset being the smallest out of all the rosters and being the slowest too.

Lyskir
05-30-2017, 06:46 PM

- Slowest sprint speed

- Slowest attack speed

- Least amount of combos

Makes TOTAL sense lol

this....

J-HovTheKnolls
05-30-2017, 07:21 PM
They cry about it cause they don't know how to dodge it when you can see it coming a mile away. They won't remove it i hope they already removed a move from him when other heroes have the same type of move "Charge of the Oni" knockdown with free heavy.

xLeapingLizardx
05-30-2017, 07:34 PM

- He has no true combos

Just to point out, 1 lucky guardbreak or 1 parry near a wall and it will automatically hit you.. Telegraphed or not, you bout to get bear hugged lol..
He basically has the most beneficial wall stun follow-up (until Centurion came out).

Depressd_Cent
05-30-2017, 10:20 PM
but his grab only one shots if he is about to die i don't get why the hate for a slow parry-able character.

MarkedElite
05-30-2017, 10:27 PM
Except for his 2 shotting 72 damage chargable unblockables that he can just throw out there like the raider but not even have to start a combo, and his passive armor that allows a free gb when you are close to him, yeah he is weak everywhere else.

UbiJurassic
05-31-2017, 12:49 AM

As others have said, Shugoki's DE will only one shot if he is one hit from death. I've faced my fair share of Shugo's that GB and spam the move constantly, but once you realize that's their only strategy, it becomes a rather easy fight. Now a Rep 9 Shugo that know's what he's doing? That's scary stuff. Hate mail unfortunately happens way too often in-game. I've even gotten hate messages after being beaten in Duels. :p

Oupyz
05-31-2017, 01:10 AM
As others have said, Shugoki's DE will only one shot if he is one hit from death. I've faced my fair share of Shugo's that GB and spam the move constantly, but once you realize that's their only strategy, it becomes a rather easy fight. Now a Rep 9 Shugo that know's what he's doing? That's scary stuff. Hate mail unfortunately happens way too often in-game. I've even gotten hate messages after being beaten in Duels. :p

Ubijurrasic an honor to play with us instead of the internal ubi staff test client

UbiJurassic
05-31-2017, 01:17 AM
Ubijurrasic an honor to play with us instead of the internal ubi staff test client

You all are more fun anyways. ;)

TSCDescon
05-31-2017, 03:32 AM
As others have said, Shugoki's DE will only one shot if he is one hit from death.

Yes, it only one shots at the brick of death, but that's not the only problem, the healing as well.
I only use DE when I needed health back but when I'm about to die, I tend to yolo gimmick a DE and see my opponents reaction.
I love it when they fell for the gimmick, but I don't know how long it will work.