PDA

View Full Version : Double XP?

spiked-dragon12
05-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Ok, so i have some gripes with this game; we all do. Connectivity, unbalanced characters, etc. But one of my main complaints about this game is actually its progression system. You see, it was completely fine before season 2, you get to rep 3, then you can start opening plenty of boxes and get to the max gear score of 108. Ok, fair enough, you play the game enough with a certain character, cool, get your sweet new gear! But, now my problem is you have to be reputation 5. 5! To me, that seems downright TEDIOUS, almost double the rep from season 1! Also, until you get a decent gear score of roughly 100-144, you can really only play 2 game modes (Brawl and Duel) unless you want to get CRUSHED by 144's in every 4v4 game mode. Now, one could say that implementing double xp would break progression because newer players could level up too quickly, and seem like a god with that character, when in reality they arent too good. But my argument to that would be; 1. It would only last for 2 days, a weekend. And, 2. If that IS the case, and they arent too good, wouldnt you be able to beat them with YOUR 144 character? And seeing how some of the weekly orders may not even cater to your character you are currently trying to level up (Ex. Play 5 games of Dominion as an assassin.), i will strike a proposal. Perhaps, next weekend, Ubisoft can implement a Double XP reward for all activities, and just see the communities feedback. If we dont like it because it "breaks progression", fine, at least we tried. But if we DO like it, perhaps it will become a cycle, every other weekend is double xp?
Thanks, your Lawbringer -spiked-dragon12

bmason1000
05-29-2017, 06:37 PM
Isn't that exactly why they gave everyone x amount of days of free champion status at the start of s2? I'm not saying "NO YOU'RE WRONG ENTITLEMENT BLAH BLAH..." like I'm sure someone will bring up, what I am saying though is we just got done like two weeks of free champ status, which is wayyyy more free xp than one double weekend. Let's give it some time before we start asking for more.

spiked-dragon12
05-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Isn't that exactly why they gave everyone x amount of days of free champion status at the start of s2? I'm not saying "NO YOU'RE WRONG ENTITLEMENT BLAH BLAH..." like I'm sure someone will bring up, what I am saying though is we just got done like two weeks of free champ status, which is wayyyy more free xp than one double weekend. Let's give it some time before we start asking for more.
Im sorry, but i dont believe champion status could even compete with double xp. Chamoion status is around 300-400 extra xp a game. Double xp could be in the thousands.