PDA

View Full Version : Separate the forums

BattlePHILd
05-29-2017, 05:13 PM
They need to separate the forums for single player and multiplayer. Maybe that way they will quickly be able to see that MP is the only thing most of the community is really talking about. Could provoke them to throw more resources that way. They still have 9 months, and if they would really consider making any changes based on this feedback, it would need to start now. Normally I would say let's wait and see, but listing the game as "Online Multiplayer- 1 to 10 players", has really gotten a lot of us concerned.

Steve64b
05-29-2017, 09:03 PM
Perhaps a further discrimination can be made:

1. Ubisoft's FC5 game (the FC5 story, characters and abilities)
2. Multiplayer community (player count, modes, server/session browser etc)
3. Map Editor community (Editor interface, cross-platform maps, map making hints/showcases, publishing, etc).

strigoi1958
05-30-2017, 12:27 AM
It doesn't need a divided forum.

You can make a thread entitled "People who prefer MP over SP post here"

At this late stage in a games development, I think the only changes that would take place would be any that were unavoidable, definitely none to appease some fans. But you should still compile a wishlist for future games. Feedback does get passed on.

angstik
05-30-2017, 01:59 AM
Some do care about MP, others about SP.

Actually, FC is a game based on SP. When you talk about Far Cry to someone, he'll most often talk about exotic locales, stories of survival and crazy opponents. MP isn't the game's main concern. Cause if it was, we would only have a map editor. Most of the game's buyers aren't looking for a MP first (I'm not talking about campaign coop). No reason to divide the forum.

terry427
05-30-2017, 04:16 AM
just because the majority of posts on here are pro multiplayer/map editor doesn't mean they are the majority of people who play Far Cry.
You may well find like in a lot of things the "silent" majority are offline single players? But you will never know unless you had access to sales figures v number of online players because they are just that, "silent".

Just a thought?

ImGonaG3tUsucka
05-30-2017, 04:31 AM
Players that are interested in the editor are very small percentage and have been decreasing with each new Far Cry. So to have a sub forum in FC5 would show that Ubisoft is taking this small group more serious and get more editors interested in coming back.

HorTyS
05-30-2017, 04:48 AM
At this point is seems they should also make a sub-forum for "people who feel offended & victimized by FC5" so all that non-sense can be corralled into a separate garbage pile...

strigoi1958
05-30-2017, 12:56 PM
I like all the extra features and options that these games have, because it gives something to everyone.. As Hortys suggested, if the forum was going to be divided it would be nice to put all the negative people in one group and keep all the positive rational people here (I could get behind that 100% ;) ) but as it's a forum we all get an equal say and everyone is welcome, because sometimes opposing views bring up new ideas.

If a sub forum was made for MP only and there were so few posting there... it might make Ubi consider removing MP altogether and putting more content into SP, but that would never happen because as Terry427 rightly points out.. the silent majority.

We are less than 1% of the people who will buy FC5 and we may well be core fans but our opinions may not reflect the majority (whether that be SP or MP or anything else) so dividing the forum would never be good regardless of whatever it is intended to achieve.

FC fans are FC fans regardless of whether they like MP, SP or both :) so we should stay together.

angstik
05-30-2017, 01:07 PM
At this point is seems they should also make a sub-forum for "people who feel offended & victimized by FC5" so all that non-sense can be corralled into a separate garbage pile...

This.

strigoi1958
05-30-2017, 01:18 PM
All the other Far Cry forums had sub forums. Don't see why there isn't a map forum. We would have better discussion there with people who actually play multiplayer.

But it might not bring in new people if it was separate.... surely keeping it in the main forum would keep it prominent and make new people check out the thread?

BattlePHILd
05-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Some do care about MP, others about SP.

Actually, FC is a game based on SP. When you talk about Far Cry to someone, he'll most often talk about exotic locales, stories of survival and crazy opponents. MP isn't the game's main concern. Cause if it was, we would only have a map editor. Most of the game's buyers aren't looking for a MP first (I'm not talking about campaign coop). No reason to divide the forum.

I agree with you 100%. My point was NOT that MP is why people buy the game. Far from it. I'll be buying the game regardless because I love the single player. I was just saying it appears the majority of this community seems to be talking about multiplayer. Most forums I've been part of have sub-forums for SP and MP. I remember for FC3 there was a sub-forum specifically for map makers. I'm certainly not advocating to split the community. I just think it would be good idea at this point to create those sub-forms. Besides, all the decent single player threads are being buried too fast to get any attention.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
05-30-2017, 05:23 PM
For each Far Cry.. there used to be a Sub forum for the maps editor.

Personally I'm only interested in the map editor so I would definitely like it in a sub forum. If I want to comment about the main game then I would go to that forum.

The map editor and the main game are different enough in topics to have a sub forum for the MP and the editor.

As BattlePHILd mentioned The discussions on the forums are pushing down the topics I'm more interested.

It would seem logical to have a sub forum for the editors. But what do I know as a group we never seem to agree on anything.

HorTyS
05-30-2017, 08:36 PM
All the other Far Cry forums had sub forums. Don't see why there isn't a map forum. We would have better discussion there with people who actually play multiplayer.

The sub-forums weren't always there from the beginning of those forums though. Sometimes it wasn't until later when they were split up. Like FC4's forum was all one until it was divided into pc, console & general sub forums months after the forum initially started... Maybe they will start a sub-forum for map editors when it is revealed (IF it is revealed significantly before release)