PDA

View Full Version : 3 days banned!!

Jos3phhdz89
05-29-2017, 01:43 AM
Seriusly 3 days banned for people who use the "glitch" or wherever you want to call it.

That's not enough, in other games people get weeks for something like these' and you just give them 3 days!!

Get some balls ubi' you want to make this game competitive and you don't have the courage to give them a real lesson!!

SirCorrino
05-29-2017, 01:50 AM
Yep, they should at least wipe all their character progress and give a week+.

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 01:59 AM
Ubi don't care if you cheat in their games. They only throw out penalties when they think they'll gain more by actually punishing people. Happens in everything they make, not just For Honor.

UbiNoty
05-29-2017, 02:25 AM
The 3-day ban is for the third offense. If we receive numerous reports regarding a specific player abusing the exploit, we will most certainly consider harsher punitive action as we reserve the right to determine what course of action to take regarding sanctions on player accounts.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 02:30 AM
The way abuses are investigated and how they are conducted, and what penalities are applied, is usually a confidential matter. One reason: if the way investigations are done is disclosed, it would be easier for the offenders to dodge it. And the other reason is protection of privacy. So talking about it is pointless. It's like asking your boss, why your colleague got a higher salary, while even the amount of the paycheck is confidential.

But as I see some love conspiracy theories and whatnot

Mirage6201
05-29-2017, 02:48 AM
The 3-day ban is for the third offense. If we receive numerous reports regarding a specific player abusing the exploit, we will most certainly consider harsher punitive action as we reserve the right to determine what course of action to take regarding sanctions on player accounts.

3rd time or 3rd report?

UbiNoty
05-29-2017, 02:51 AM
3 confirmed reports. We will look into every report and verify if the exploit was actually used. If a player receive 3-strikes, that will result in a 3-day ban.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 02:55 AM
3 confirmed reports. We will look into every report and verify if the exploit was actually used. If a player receive 3-strikes, that will result in a 3-day ban.

Again. It's not very smart to disclose how you investigate and what are the measures. If you say that 3 strikes on the same person scores you 3 days of penality, then he will think that 2 strikes are alowed. You don't have to tell the minimum/maximum offense and their penality. To receive a penality, that alone will make people double think to use exploits

UbiNoty
05-29-2017, 03:07 AM
We want to be transparent about how we're going to treat those who abuse this exploit. Until the exploit is fixed, we're going to follow a standard process, read here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1677458-Addressing-the-One-hit-Kill-Exploit), so everyone knows that we are treating all cases on an equal basis.

However, we still have the authority to use our discretion regarding any actions taken on accounts past 3 verified reports.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 03:13 AM
We want to be transparent about how we're going to treat those who abuse this exploit. Until the exploit is fixed, we're going to follow a standard process, read here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1677458-Addressing-the-One-hit-Kill-Exploit), so everyone knows that we are treating all cases on an equal basis.

However, we still have the authority to use our discretion regarding any actions taken on accounts past 3 verified reports.

Oh sorry. I didn't know about that detail. Alright then. Keep up the good work (and we're looking forward to progress) :)

SirCorrino
05-29-2017, 12:19 PM

Question, is that 3 individual reports, or can 1 report with 3 examples of a player abusing the exploit count for 3 strikes?

Edit: I also think it sends a really, really bad precedent to say that you ONLY punish after giving a public warning. Now, the next time an exploit is found people will have absolutely no reason not to use it since they know they won't be punished until you come out and give a public warning.

Y_Shrewditch
05-29-2017, 12:38 PM

Transparency is good, so is taking the time to address the issue.

But even one verified report takes one player to have the opportunity to catch the exploiting on video and be bothered to send it to you. It takes three of those, per cheater, to get a ban that's no longer than a long weekend.

The chance of getting caught is minimal and the penalty seems negligible, I really feel you're not coming down hard enough on the exploiters, and seeing how many there still are, neither do they.

ONYX_x5
05-29-2017, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the Intel in this area. How about just a fix? Is it coming? When? Put your matter of fact on that. What about all the rest of the outspoken concerns from your paying customers? This one is just as important as all the other complaints that have been stated.

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 04:05 PM

That's not helping your argument. This warden exploit isn't something that happens by accident, but letting them off once for benefit of the doubt to be safe is fine. After that the penalty should be way more than three days.

I mean hell, you're bringing in the rage quit penalty, but when people actually cheat it's all good? Nice.

Felis_Menari
05-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Saw a guy doing the glitch in PvAI last night; if you're going to do that, why play? There are better ways to spend your free time, man.

Danioku
05-29-2017, 04:59 PM
Get some balls ubi' you want to make this game competitive and you don't have the courage to give them a real lesson!!

Fix bugs and glitches that infest this game since Alpha maybe ??

#ESPORTREADY LOL

RatedChaotic
05-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Cool. I'll use it til I get my first and second warning thx Ubi.....a 3 day is nothing. This is exactly how these cheaters look at your punishments. Great job.

It should be a warning and then stated in that warning the perma ban will be next. It should only have to take only one good report not 3. That will squash this. Do you really think this worked with the AFKers? Nope I still run into them every day. Definitely less often but I still see a few daily.

megamasa94
05-29-2017, 05:29 PM
Seriusly 3 days banned for people who use the "glitch" or wherever you want to call it.

That's not enough, in other games people get weeks for something like these' and you just give them 3 days!!

exploiting glitches to gain advantage over others is considered as cheating and people that did it, as a gamers, should be aware of that.. so ubisoft should be harsh about this.. some might say 'i tought it was some hidden feature in game', i say punish them even more...

Knight_Raime
05-29-2017, 06:32 PM
Personally if I had the power i'd straight brick peoples consoles for doing nonsense like this. But that's not how you keep a player base.
a progressive ban that gets worse the more you do it/the longer the ban you have due to how many reports is a much smarter way to handle the situation.

Wolf-Heathen
05-29-2017, 07:19 PM
They can't be heavy-handed with the bans. The community is growing smaller and smaller by the day. Ubisoft has proven time and time again they don't want what's best for the game, they just want more people play the game. Gotta monetize those steel purchases lol

Ulnias
05-29-2017, 08:49 PM
Again. It's not very smart to disclose how you investigate and what are the measures. If you say that 3 strikes on the same person scores you 3 days of penality, then he will think that 2 strikes are alowed. You don't have to tell the minimum/maximum offense and their penality. To receive a penality, that alone will make people double think to use exploits

seriosuly... if they will do it once knowing what could happen. what makes you think they will only do it twice as to avoid being banned... not likely.

shady_davidd
05-29-2017, 10:01 PM
How do I report these players just got one shot killed by the same guy in a game of elimination...........