PDA

View Full Version : who is still having fun?

psyminion
05-28-2017, 10:09 PM
THIS GUY.

Hello and thanks for stopping by.
I just wanted to try to get a positive thread going on the main page, maybe even keep it here for a while so it's clear that SOME people ARE still having fun adapting to all the new sh*t!

my recent For Honor highlights:

-spending my saved up steel on the Pit Viper mythic outfit for the kensei. dat sakura doe.

-recently being accepted into a small Orochi community on PS4. shout out to the Yamata-No-Orochi psn community!
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/n0-f34r/april-may%202017/pixlr_20170528102413205_zpsrj2aidce.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/n0-f34r/media/april-may%202017/pixlr_20170528102413205_zpsrj2aidce.jpg.html)

also I had lots of fun the other night in dominion.
https://youtu.be/h7pgaXHAJKk
tldr went 13-0
felt good.

what cool sh*t have you done in For Honor since season 2 started?

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/n0-f34r/april-may%202017/woody%20and%20buzz%2012052017130024_zpsrrvf8r6e.jp g (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/n0-f34r/media/april-may%202017/woody%20and%20buzz%2012052017130024_zpsrrvf8r6e.jp g.html)

XxHunterHxX
05-28-2017, 10:17 PM
I got 1 shoted by Wardens(this been in the game for 4 months but NOW people finaly ***** about it...) (orochi and nobushi can 1 shot you to but ubi**** dont care about that) i got spammed by worlrds off cliffs and shinobi running around at mach 3 kicking people and i love dominion 4 conq with shields by rotation yes all fun stuff !

CandleInTheDark
05-28-2017, 10:38 PM
THIS GUY.

I just wanted to try to get a positive thread going on the main page, maybe even keep it here for a while so it's clear that SOME people ARE still having fun adapting to all the new sh*t!

-spending my saved up steel on the Pit Viper mythic outfit for the kensei. dat sakura doe.

-recently being accepted into a small Orochi community on PS4. shout out to the Yamata-No-Orochi psn community!
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/n0-f34r/april-may%202017/pixlr_20170528102413205_zpsrj2aidce.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/n0-f34r/media/april-may%202017/pixlr_20170528102413205_zpsrj2aidce.jpg.html)

tldr went 13-0
felt good.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/n0-f34r/april-may%202017/woody%20and%20buzz%2012052017130024_zpsrrvf8r6e.jp g (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/n0-f34r/media/april-may%202017/woody%20and%20buzz%2012052017130024_zpsrrvf8r6e.jp g.html)

I am, lots of it. As for stuff I did recently, I rediscovered my nobushi game, last time I used her was an exercise in frustration as it was the time when the angle for her hidden stance was much narrower than allblock, actually pulling it off and punishing heavily off of it, that was damn good, especially as I could predict some of the moves that were coming from characters I was more familiar with. Highlight was hidden stance dodging a hidden stance light to punish with light kick light (bleed) light light (bleed), finished later with a heavy and snap off execute, second highlight was showing a centurion his kicks are dodgeable even out of stamina. Nothing is replacing my peacekeeper but I can add her to characters I want in epic gear (with my peacekeeper in it, spots currently also occupied by warden and berserker so I play those three along with keeping my hand in on peacekeeper as and when I feel like changing it up).

I also found out that just like ever other character, the new heroes die, and their heads are pretty when they go rolling across the floor after a kick >.>

And to cap it off stability has been a hundred times better than when it started, I can actually think to level more than one character. It isn't perfect and I am frustrated that I can't always 4v4 when some games I 20v20 with no issue but it is getting better.

MasterChiefPON
05-28-2017, 11:07 PM
I'm still having fun.

Since I spent 30k steel on the new heroes (I didn't like them), I'm saving steel to buy Kensei's outfits to have more ornaments to choose from.

I can parry Centurion's unblockable heavy more consistently but I still **** up sometimes and do it too fast, especially in 4v4 because you are dealing with more things at the same time.

Recently I've been trying to use the unlocked backwards zone attack technique (Kensei) more to make better use of the ZA.

Before the start of Season 2, I bought my first Kensei emote and execution. I don't regret it. The emote is beatifuly spammable.

Yesterday I had fun dealing with the one-shot-kill wardens, I didn't see a lot but at least a few of them, and tea bagged them when I won, and in one match one warden killed my teammate with it so we just teammed up on him and spammed emotes.

I'm looking forward to Kensei buffs, I like to imagine what Roman is going to give us.

UbiJurassic
05-28-2017, 11:09 PM
THIS GUY.

tldr went 13-0
felt good.

Always great to see positive threads like this, psyminion. We always appreciate players leaving feedback and letting us know what can be improved, but hearing about what makes the game fun for players is just as important. :)

Jasemir
05-28-2017, 11:19 PM
I'm also having a lot of fun after coming back to the game in season 2 (had a break for a month). I've learned to play another character after playing just one all the time and that gives me a lot of pleasure and variety in playstyle. Two new maps are gorgeous and of course some new stuff to collect is always welcome. The only downside for me are unbalanced new characters that are right now all over the place. But I believe it will be done something about it soon. But anyway - I stepped in into Season 2 like a Centurion with a kicking spam... :D (except that I of course don't play as a Centurion)

So answering to the OP topic: hell yes I'm having fun. Looking forward to future patches, fixes, balancing and of course - new stuff! :)

Prior_Heahmund
05-28-2017, 11:24 PM
Personally, I don't care about the new money sink...errr outfits. I was enjoying it greatly, but I cant play any game modes without a few Ninjas in my backside, or Cents dive bombing me. It has taken the fun away a bit because of the lack of fighter diversity, and spam flying all over the place.

SirCorrino
05-28-2017, 11:31 PM
So long as I'm not facing glitch abusing Warden ****s or 2+ Cents/Shinobis in 4v4 I'm having fun. When I face any of those two things the game is absolutely miserable and I can't ****ing wait for that to get fixed.

SlowLoris_Viral
05-28-2017, 11:49 PM
The new maps are beautiful.
(spoiler) Unfortunately that's where my positivity ends. I can only say I was having fun occasionally. Such as duels against decent people. I mean their attitude, Not their skill. There is just far too much wrong with the game at this point to give a damn, or even want to play personally. I hear talk of penalty for leaving the game before the match is over. 1st let me say, I don't get salty if I'm getting beat. I just use it to try and learn, and perform better.I wouldn't be signed in , and looking for matches if I was not interested in playing full matches, BUT this crap such as entering a Domination map facing 3 centurions, and a warden; The warden glitch killing, and the 3 Centards repeated gank, wall Heavy, (No stam) charged fist, and flying heavy OF bs! WASH RINSE REPEAT IS ENOUGH. It's absolute crap to play against There's no skill involved.
I had very high hopes for this game. and enjoyed it immensely @ 1st. Now it's just broken, and worse then before. Suggestion: Before implementing a penalty for leaving, how about fix what's wrong with the game to begin with, and what makes the majority of folks want to leave? Fix match making, something like overall time played and stats match 1st, or something a long these lines.
fix the char glitch as it's apparently not just the warden, the wardens just the easiest one to do it with. and for God's sake fix the centard.

DrExtrem
05-28-2017, 11:58 PM
Always great to see positive threads like this, psyminion. We always appreciate players leaving feedback and letting us know what can be improved, but hearing about what makes the game fun for players is just as important. :)

Well.

He basically gave up, joined a closed community and is playing custom games with other orochi now.

Actually, its a pretty sad story. I do however, admire his strong will to keep playing and keep having fun. The measures are extreme though.

UbiJurassic
05-29-2017, 12:01 AM
Well.

He basically gave up, joined a closed community and is playing custom games with other orochi now.

Actually, its a pretty sad story. I do however, admire his strong will to keep playing and keep having fun. The measures are extreme though.

To each their own. :)

I think it's great to see players who love decking out their favorite heroes in new outfits and are enthused to join a player-driven community who has similar interests.

psyminion
05-29-2017, 12:02 AM
Well.

HAH

not at all.

I joined the orochi community not to play custom gsmes. I joined to get better and play with some select people.

also check my stats if you wish - https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/psyminion I've played quite a bit of PvP and all with randoms except for a handful of times. ;)

DrExtrem
05-29-2017, 12:12 AM
I don't check other peoples stats.

They are yours. Its good that you can have fun with the game - hell even I am having a bit fun with the bots, dispite the several issues and bugs.

And I still care - otherwise, I would not continue to comment on bugs, errors and bad design choices.

Still - the game could be far better and more fun. Sadly, it has not improved. It was better and more fun after launch.

psyminion
05-29-2017, 12:25 AM
ok well I have over 4000 player kills.
I'm average at best skill-wise but I get to play a fair bit and I find bots boring or extremely frustrating.
I haven't had as many network disconnects as a month ago, and I enjoy the new maps immensely...

I'm just here for the raider meme video tbh

Knight_Gregor
05-29-2017, 04:19 AM
I want to like this game. So badly. There are times when I have fun with it.

But currently there is just so much stacked against it. When you have several classes taking advantage of every cheap exploit/tech/strategy/what have you. It's hard to have fun. Dominion just isn't fun anymore. There are lingering problems that have had concern voiced about since the tech tests. Maybe I need a break.

bmason1000
05-29-2017, 06:59 AM
I'm still having a blast with this game. Even with the DLC characters who i hate with every fibre of my being dominating hero representation, i still try and play every single chance i get. Even though its beyond frustrating on rare occasions i am just sucked in. This game is absolutely incredibly and I'll be playing for a very long time.

RatedChaotic
05-29-2017, 09:05 AM
FYI stat tracker can easily be manipulated with a few friends and a bit of time. So it means squat. Especially when the game is full of bugs and exploits.

I still have fun. When I'm drunk.

Ontari
05-29-2017, 10:12 AM
Yeah, For Honor is such a curious creature.

I'm not some top tier player, so I get my arse beaten from time to time - and this truly infuriates me, as I know I foqed up, and this is my fault.

But I still go back to For Honor - it is just such an awesome spectacle of perfect animations, sounds, graphics!! Seriously, the game is so astonishing that I just go back to it almost every day.

And the adrenaline you have after a truly good fight - I've never felt that way playing video games.

As for the best things of season 2 - the new maps are AWESOME. I really appreciate how much detailed the maps are. When I play I ususally don't care about the details, as I search for an enemy, not scenery. But once I just went into custom to watch the maps, and I was so stunned by the level of details on these maps - this is incredible. Everything adds to the feelings of immersion and a deadly spectacle of melle combat. Temple Garden is my new favourite :D

So yeah, I still do have fun with For Honor. Especially when I turn off chat in-game :D

R-a-g-e.
05-29-2017, 10:35 AM
For Honor is the game I play most and the only game which I play constantly since the release.
I play it approximately 1-2 hours per day.

For Honor is a game which I always wanted to have. It is like a Beat Em Up but with weapons, armor, tactics, different modes and not in 2D.
I like it more than any of the exisitng Beat Em Ups because you do not have to be a crazy nerd, who plays 24 hours per day, to win.
I am sure that I will play it for some more weeks /months although there are some really annoying problems.

Ubisoft developed a great game and I hope they will fix the problems soon.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 10:37 AM
I was still having a blast up until this weekend.

Nothing but Centurions and Shinobi out of nowhere. Not because they are OP or anything, but that every single team has them. Its getting boring playing the same exact heroes every match.

I miss when the team compositions were random.

Ontari
05-29-2017, 10:40 AM
I was still having a blast up until this weekend.

Nothing but Centurions and Shinobi out of nowhere. Not because they are OP or anything, but that every single team has them. Its getting boring playing the same exact heroes every match.

I miss when the team compositions were random.

Give it some time, they are fresh. In the middle of the season I bet the team compositions will get back to normal. And I suppose every new season will start with a flood of ne characters.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 10:42 AM
Give it some time, they are fresh. In the middle of the season I bet the team compositions will get back to normal. And I suppose every new season will start with a flood of ne characters.

No they were fresh last week.

People are buying into the hype and now they are spamming them thinking they are OP

Ontari
05-29-2017, 10:44 AM
But it ain't even a week since they are avaiable to all and already I see less of them than in the first days...

M0nty_1
05-29-2017, 11:39 AM
I'm loving the new maps too, especially Temple Garden. And I enjoy the new outfits and effects.
I mainly play Dominion but don't see an excessive number of Centurions or Shinobis. I don't find that they are particularly OP - mainly depends on the skill of who is playing them, like most other hero types.
I've had an improved run with connections the last couple of days. I actually had a day with no disconnects! (Rather sad that that is noteworthy, but good none the less.)

CandleInTheDark
05-29-2017, 12:27 PM
No they were fresh last week.

People are buying into the hype and now they are spamming them thinking they are OP

It will be a slower influx of players getting them because some were genuinely surprised by the steel cost as these forums showed, which means it will be slower to calm back down, but I suspect like with season pass holders, when people find it isn't an automatic I win mode, or heck they just aren't as fun as their mains, we will see less of them. I would think we have dedicated centurion and shinobi mains now but for others it will be a get them ro rep one or a now and again thing.

kweassa1917
05-29-2017, 12:44 PM
It will be a slower influx of players getting them because some were genuinely surprised by the steel cost as these forums showed, which means it will be slower to calm back down, but I suspect like with season pass holders, when people find it isn't an automatic I win mode, or heck they just aren't as fun as their mains, we will see less of them. I would think we have dedicated centurion and shinobi mains now but for others it will be a get them ro rep one or a now and again thing.

Nowadays the cents that aren't going for the predictable combos (full charge-jab → knockdown → eaglefury) are the more difficult ones. Like splitting chaff and wheat, after the hype is dying down the Cents that are left are -- like you mentioned -- "dedicated" as a main class, not just some dumb 1-move spamming.

It's just as I've predicted -- these "new" types of Cents are legit players, most notably very solid in defense capabilities, and using a lot of mix-ups.

Their tactics also different. Instead just eyeballing for a one big combo, their main objective seems to be going for stamina drains, and then using quick throw mix-ups a lot more effectively. Their basics have changed into using lot of the Cent's fast lights, mixing up non-full charged, easier to land jab, transitioning into jab-combo into quick-throws, and then at stamina exhaustion throwing down to land eagle's fury.

This type of fighting takes a lot more balls than the usual UB spamming, as well as confidence in their defensive abilities to pull off. Those "skilled" Centurions are a lot of fun to fight against, and definitely much more difficult to handle than the usual types... and honestly I don't feel any frustration when losing to guys like them. When they pull those gutsy mix-ups so confidently, the odds are they really are better players than me.

I'd probably have lost even if they weren't using the cent.

FightingFerrets
05-29-2017, 12:55 PM

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Centurion. I loved the concept and dropped my 15K steel without hesitation. Played for less than an hour and dropped him for my WL and PK mains... He wasn't as fun to play as I imagined.

CandleInTheDark
05-29-2017, 12:59 PM
I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Centurion. I loved the concept and dropped my 15K steel without hesitation. Played for less than an hour and dropped him for my WL and PK mains... He wasn't as fun to play as I imagined.

I got shinobi to rep one, as a season pass holder I was going to do that with at least one of them, but pk is always going to be my main and there are three others ahead of shinobi I want in epic gear. By the time I get around to him again there will likely have been several balance patches as I have about eleven rep points to get all in all, before we consider I will be getting in games with my pk already in epic gear, which is my total from february to now lol.

MasterChiefPON
05-29-2017, 01:31 PM

I was pretty excited too and saved 30k steel and bought them, when I played Ceturion I didn't liked him at all but still tried it in duel and I got my *** kicked because his playstyle felt so awful for me and then picked Shinobi, it felt a lot better, I accidentaly made my opponent salty (I thought we were having fun trying the new characters :/ ) but I really didn't feel like playing more Shinobi over my Kensei so I dropped the new characters almost instantly.

CromCCCXVI
05-29-2017, 01:41 PM
maybe they will make a game mode without Centurion and Nobushi, until then...
wow, I never saw a game get ruined this fast.

MasterChiefPON
05-29-2017, 01:48 PM
maybe they will make a game mode without Centurion and Nobushi, until then...
wow, I never saw a game get ruined this fast.

Poor Nobushi...

CandleInTheDark
05-29-2017, 02:06 PM
I was pretty excited too and saved 30k steel and bought them, when I played Ceturion I didn't liked him at all but still tried it in duel and I got my *** kicked because his playstyle felt so awful for me and then picked Shinobi, it felt a lot better, I accidentaly made my opponent salty (I thought we were having fun trying the new characters :/ ) but I really didn't feel like playing more Shinobi over my Kensei so I dropped the new characters almost instantly.

I got the mother of all rage hatemails playing shinobi, I'd actually thoguht it was a good duel as it went five rounds, went out, came back to a rawr message saying something along the lines of I am a spamming newbie naruto wannabe.

Herbstlicht
05-29-2017, 02:14 PM
Still loving almost every minute I spend in the game.
I rarely suffer from latency or other networking issues, so these are off the table. I kinda dislike the weakness of my most favorite heroes, resulting in more vs AI and less PvP-matches. But not a real problem here, because For Honor isn't the only game I enjoy and there are other activities one can focus on, especially when the weather is as nice as it was this weekend. So I guess taking a more casual approach in less-then-perfect times can really help you continue enjoying good stuff that isn't perfect.

By the way, I love collecting the new gear. Got everything with Kensei, now working on Nobushi with Orochi being next in line.

ONYX_x5
05-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Ohhh I am!! Errored out first 2 games. Got 1 shot 3 times in the next game. The server empties after every game so 3 more minutes of waiting between every game. Usually get ganked at the end if I'm still alive. Good times!

MasterChiefPON
05-29-2017, 05:46 PM
I got the mother of all rage hatemails playing shinobi, I'd actually thoguht it was a good duel as it went five rounds, went out, came back to a rawr message saying something along the lines of I am a spamming newbie naruto wannabe.

It's weird because how it started: After trying the new characters a little bit in practice mode I just jumped into duels.

I started playing Centurion against Shinobi, as I said I didn't like Centurion but I gave him a chance, it went awful for me and I couldn't compete with Shinobi's range, I won some rounds but didn't win a whole match, my opponent was good. I played some matches as Centurion. I was saying good fight every time, the other guy would ocasionally do and he kept playing with me, everythink was ok.

Then I wanted to try Shinobi, we had two mirror matches, my opponent won both, he had more experience with Shinobi, I was literally level 0 but they were a lot closer.

Next match he picked Shugoki level 0 or 1, I don't remember but I easily won. Then I told him something like I was having fun with him playing Shinobi because it was good practice but he said that why not Shugoki, he sounded calm and he said it with a smily face. Everything seemed ok.

I was having so much fun that at this point I started getting momentum, getting used to the character, parrying, deflecting, feinting, being agressive, all based on kick mix up. We kept playing like that for some time, me as Shinobi, he as Shugoki, I won every match, always respectful and he kept playing with me.

Then I noticed he started to spam emotes if he won a round and stopped saying good fight. I was still happy and kept going.

Next match he picked Warden, with 1 prestige, I won very easily, he couldn't vortex me. I was happy, he was still going so I thought everything was ok.

Next one he picks prestige 5 Orochi, I was still playing good but more focused on having fun so my agression got me killed against Orochi because of his double top light.

After that I got a message saying that I was so boring to play against so I told him something like I was just trying the new characters just as he did and that i didn't know he was mad, he told me that he didn't know bored = mad, he told me other things so I told him that if I was so boring to play against why did he keep going and why I was boring for trying the characters as he did earlier in the round. Then what he told me made realize what I needed: You are not me, he said.
I then said good luck and good bye and stopped arguing with him because there wasn't anything to argue. Some people just have such absurd reasons that you realize you can't do anything against that.

Ulnias
05-29-2017, 08:47 PM
I got 1 shoted by Wardens(this been in the game for 4 months but NOW people finaly ***** about it...) (orochi and nobushi can 1 shot you to but ubi**** dont care about that) i got spammed by worlrds off cliffs and shinobi running around at mach 3 kicking people and i love dominion 4 conq with shields by rotation yes all fun stuff !

if you dislike the game that much (as I've seen you in many other threads) then why do you still play if not having fun? I dont like all the things you listed either. but not ruining my fun.

Eyaside
05-29-2017, 09:18 PM
I've been mainly doing duels to avoid griefers and its mainly been pretty nice. There's still a lot of people that take everything to heart and get mad and rage if you beat them but eh, that's not the game's fault.

kbvlcvfkhgc
05-29-2017, 09:51 PM
So long as I'm not facing glitch abusing Warden ****s or 2+ Cents/Shinobis in 4v4 I'm having fun. When I face any of those two things the game is absolutely miserable and I can't ****ing wait for that to get fixed.

this too,

the cancer that is the Cent/Shin gank fest needs addressing,