PDA

View Full Version : Not sure why Ubisoft is so quiet concerning the warden glitch

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 08:22 PM
Ive seen official responses to trivial things but not a peep about this yet from an actual Ubi rep.

I main warden, I can do it, I just don't unless I see someone either try it or successfully hit me with it.

AcheesyTURTLE
05-28-2017, 08:23 PM
Hey everybody,

Thanks again to those who have reported this bug. We’ve had devs come in to the office investigating and we have identified a range of fixes, from temporary to permanent, the swiftest and most effective of which will be confirmed at the office tomorrow. Once we identify the best option to fix it as soon as possible, we will need a full Quality Control pass on the game as we do with any change we intend to deploy. We are confident that we can release a fix as early as this Tuesday and we will communicate further details on the exact timing when we know it.

What we won’t do is disable the Warden as a stopgap, as many of you have pointed out, this bug actually affects multiple heroes.

We take the health and sanity of our competitive PvP ecosystem very seriously, so in addition to the addressing of the bug itself, we’ll be treating this bug as an exploit. In our Code of Conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1548873), we include exploits in the Forbidden Conduct section as follows:

“Exploitation of any new or known glitches or bugs which provide an unfair advantage over other players is forbidden and may result in character stats and progression resets, account suspension or revocation.”

Starting at today @ 11:00PM EDT, any players reported (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026238/For-Honor-Report-a-Player-FH-PC-XB1-PS4), with proof corroborated by Customer Support, for abusing this exploit will be subject to sanctioning. Messages will be posted in-game make it clear to all. As this specific behavior cannot be confirmed only with game tracking, we will *not* be automatically detecting and sanctioning players, we will rely on affected players to use the reporting tool linked above. If you report a player, please provide a video of the offense, the offender username, the game mode, the platform played on (PC, PS4 or XBONE) and the date and time of the offense. Fairness also includes a warning for all players that we are officially moving forward with sanctions on use of this exploit, and as such, players reported for using this exploit before 11pm EDT will not be considered.

The specific sanction applied will depend on the number of reports a player receives. On the first confirmed player report, the exploiter will receive a Warning and 3 confirmed reports will result in a 3 day ban.

We know that this may be a controversial choice for some of you, but as we expect the period in which this bug is alive to be a short one, we feel it’s a necessary step to preserve the gameplay experience of all of our players until the bug is addressed. While we, the development team, must take responsibility for the bug’s existence, we cannot allow players free reign to purposefully negatively impact another’s experience.

/thread

CandleInTheDark
05-28-2017, 08:26 PM
And before the quote in the post above

Hello all.

Current status is we've got people in the office now looking into this and what can be done. We're actively discussing how we'll proceed until a fix can be created and released but we want to know more before we make any decisions.

What I want everyone to know is we are not only aware, but already beginning to tackle this. I do not have any ETA to share for a fix at this time, though.

Just so it is all in one place for the next person.

Jasado
05-28-2017, 08:29 PM
This is the highest visibility issue Ubi has ever responded to.

ERIC POPE posted on the forums about it not 24 hours ago.

Also, please provide proof of you using it so we can get you banned like the rest of wardens doing it.

You clearly don't read jack **** on these forums if you're saying that kind of inane bull off the cuff. Lmao.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 08:30 PM
I didn't search nor did I see any responses while regularly posting lately.

Thanks for the heads up but you both don't have to be such overachieving condescending weasels about your method of information delivery.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 08:31 PM
This is the highest visibility issue Ubi has ever responded to.

ERIC POPE posted on the forums about it not 24 hours ago.

Also, please provide proof of you using it so we can get you banned like the rest of wardens doing it.

You clearly don't read jack **** on these forums if you're saying that kind of inane bull off the cuff. Lmao.

Did I not say I don't unless someone hits me with it first?

CandleInTheDark
05-28-2017, 08:34 PM
Well yeah here is the thing, the news broke on the weekend, they got to the office saturday and going by Jurassic's post were at it today, so for people to imply they have done nothing as you and someone else did earlier, yes that rankles.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 08:41 PM
I saw a few videos of people who are reporting this... Ive got to say though, in about 4 of the 5 videos i watched the warden glitch only happened after the warden doing the glitch was hit with some sort of trash spam, and surprisingly in 3 of those 5 vids it was a shinobi spamming the kick 3+ times with the warden glitch being the only thing that interrupted the bs.

Yes, it's trash, and yes it's obviously an exploit but I'm seeing this used more so as an instant karma punishment for other exploitable abilities that aren't quite as broken as a 1 hit drop, but it's exploitable trash none the less.

I don't see Ubisoft taking chain spam as seriously as this glitch.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 08:44 PM
There's also something else going on with shinoobies at the moment where they gb into a combo(I think it's sickle rain) and despite this combo supposedly not having the ability to drain stamina, I've watched my stamina disappear on multiple occasions while fighting multiple different shinnies after this trash.

Locking someone into a trash spam recovery animation limbo while simultaneously decimating their stamina is an exploit just as egregious as the 1-hit kill being as how its ONE chain that delivers this result.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 08:50 PM
no quick know-it-all responses to my previous 2 posts huh?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

CandleInTheDark
05-28-2017, 09:04 PM
no quick know-it-all responses to my previous 2 posts huh?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Some of us have lives, but how is this for a response on chain attacks, people complained that two centurions could stunlock them between them, they said on the Den they are fixing that. People said a warlord can carry them across the map, they said on the Den they are fixing that. Take a video, send it to a rep, they will pass it along as they do other concerns. When people work with them, they communicate on it. Sometimes you need to do some of the work and find out what they have been saying.

https://i.imgflip.com/g3u0j.jpg

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Some of us have lives, but how is this for a response on chain attacks, people complained that two centurions could stunlock them between them, they said on the Den they are fixing that. People said a warlord can carry them across the map, they said on the Den they are fixing that. Take a video, send it to a rep, they will pass it along as they do other concerns. When people work with them, they communicate on it. Sometimes you need to do some of the work and find out what they have been saying.

https://i.imgflip.com/g3u0j.jpgDon't follow up with a 'have a life,' retort when you're pretending to be the physical embodiment of for honor wiki.

Where's the post form ubi saying that if you record someone engaging in chain spam or abusing the tracking or non-punishability of certain moves like the shinoobies kick or this phantom stamina drain mechanic that they would receive a 3 day ban?

CandleInTheDark
05-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Don't follow up with a 'have a life,' retort when you're pretending to be the physical embodiment of for honor wiki.

Where's the post form ubi saying that if you record someone engaging in chain spam or abusing the tracking or non-punishability of certain moves like the shinoobies kick or this phantom stamina drain mechanic that they would receive a 3 day ban?

Riiiiiight,people are using moves you struggle with but are on their movelist, ban them, ban them all :rolleyes:

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Riiiiiight,people are using moves you struggle with but are on their movelist, ban them, ban them all :rolleyes:
how is the chain spam where you can't react any different from warden glitch?

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 09:16 PM
Is it not an exploit that ruins the experience for another player due to your input based on the design of the game alluding to the fact that there is little to no counterplay involved on the receiving end?

CandleInTheDark
05-28-2017, 09:16 PM
how is the chain spam where you can't react any different from warden glitch?

The chain spam, as you call it, is a series of moves on their movelist, and as such they are valid tools at the shinobi or centurion's disposal. The one hit kill is not, unless I missed the attack on the warden's movelist that said unblockable one hit kill,perhaps? Are there balancing issues? Yes, but this is no exploit, this is a matter of learn how to play your opponent.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 09:20 PM
The warden glitch is unblock able and it doesn't offer counter play following a gb or in some cases people have practiced it enough to pull it off immediately after a parry.

-it's trash
-it's cheating
-it's bannable after 3 recorded offenses.

The shinobi gb's (sometimes ranged gb's) into sickle rain, decimates your stamina and leaves you below half-health

-it's the moveset
-learn to counter it
-it's a valid tool

lmao ok bruh, the truth is out there

Krell80
05-28-2017, 09:27 PM
lmao ok bruh, the truth is out there

The truth is that you don't know the difference between exploit and balance issue.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 09:30 PM
The truth is that you don't know the difference between exploit and balance issue.

I'm saying that I clearly know the difference, What I'm alluding to is the fact that there are things in this game that deliver nearly the same result. One person exploiting a balance issue should be punishable in the same manner as abusing this warden 'tech' as some like to call it.