PDA

View Full Version : 1 simply idea to fix parry, turtles, chains, and character monotony

mrmistark
05-28-2017, 05:24 AM
Let's be real. The characters all feel like one trick ponies at this point. Of course there are different approaches to characters: the fient type, the dodger, the turtle, but at the root of it all, each character only has a couple moves that are even viable. Chain attacks are a joke, because anyone who's even played a day can at least block one attack in the chain most of the time. Pushes and bashes and trips and kicks are the start of every combo and often times are spammed because well, what else do they have? The core of their success is based off (insert a unblockable push here), it's mix up, and the instant follow ups after you connect a light attack (good job here's a cookie, basically). Literally these unblockable throws are half the move set (viable parts anyways) half the time.

So I was thinking how to mix the play up a bit and was thinking it'd be cool if they made the left bumper (console), or what ever button on the keyboard, the button as momentum where you could pour more stamina into a chain attack where if blocked could still continue chain (including against superior light block) and do more damage for all types of attacks that you use it with in general that connect/ chip damage? Create a new color for these attacks, what have they not used yet for an attack....green? Brown? Idk, I don't really care what color, as long as it's clear what it is....anyways, If parried it would unbalance the character, that attempted the parry, backwards a bit unless the character who is parrying was using the momentum as well. And parry would act the same regardless if you used more momentum or not against a normal attack, but would cost a fair amount of stamina to use. It'd be interesting and difficult to master, would be a way for players to watch the stamina a little more too, making the characters a more calculated play and help against turtles.

The other idea I had was they could make a quick recover button for on the ground or when thrown against a wall that is a heavy stamina cost and will only guarantee a light instead of heavy and It won't work if out of stamina or if you don't have enough to pay the cost. This is just an extra thought, probably garbage to the general populous....(its probs cause the centurion makes me a little salty when they do guaranteed 90 damages just by pushing me against a wall....)

It seems like the characters are so constructed to their current move set, and chain attacks on the move list are obsolete which leaves only about 5 other moves in most cases, the parry is "the root of the defensive meta and is too op" (apparently...I don't concur, but I rather this than they nerf parry all together). This is the best idea I could come up with to changing up the game a little more, making the game more skill based and less gimmicky and push the game more offensively without messing all the core mechanics up. Speaking of which, with this they would FINALLY FIX DEF PEN! It should be a modifier, not make 3 maxed stats obsolete with only 1 maxed gear stat. STUPID! Anyways rant over. What do you all think?

mrmistark
05-28-2017, 08:54 AM
I'm very surprised no one has commented on this honestly.

MarkedElite
05-28-2017, 10:26 AM
In my opinion, you shouldn't be able to parry heavy attacks (Unless it's an unblockable), it's an easy way to punish anyone who tries to attack you and feels like a crutch and allows the turtle meta to exist.

Jarl.Felix
05-28-2017, 10:51 AM
You noobs already got centurion just for you to break " the defensive meta" :))

We understand you don't know how to play, but crying even more it's embarrasing.

I mean more then 90% hp dmg with a single combo, and you just press 2 buttons., what more you want ?:))

mrmistark
05-28-2017, 11:30 AM
I hope you are reffering to the previous poster, not myself. If so, you should be careful assuming things so as to not make an a$$ of yourself....The reason for this post was a reply to a large portion of the player base on here. The devs are already nerfing the parry in the future. I'd rather meet those who dislike parry on common ground then have everything nerfed into oblivion. I don't know how you feel about the monotony of the game play, but there are many complaints on this as well, which I actually agree on. You also can't deny the chains are for the majority of characters are obsolete.

ViciousOphidian
05-28-2017, 11:36 AM
1 simple idea to fix parry, turtles, chains, and character monotony

I was expecting the post to say "Uninstall the game."
Interesting ideas. Unfortunately, like many other similar suggestions that have been made on the forums, they will not be considered by the developers. From what i've heard they like the game how it is now. They will not add more mechanics to combat.

mrmistark
05-28-2017, 11:45 AM
Probably cause the ones they have now still aren't working as intended with the new characters. It'd be too much to handle when they release new characters. I would say haha but then I realized it's probably true. Like shinobi on the ground deflecting what is supposed to be a guaranteed, or centurions charged heavy being uninterrupted by a light attack. Man this game is broken.

ViciousOphidian
05-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Probably cause the ones they have now still aren't working as intended with the new characters. It'd be too much to handle when they release new characters. I would say haha but then I realized it's probably true. Like shinobi on the ground deflecting what is supposed to be a guaranteed, or centurions charged heavy being uninterrupted by a light attack. Man this game is broken.

They will undoubtedly fix all the problems eventually then add new characters and mehanix. The problem is so few people remained :/ .

Jarl.Felix
05-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Dude, do you want to know what chains do ? Let me tell you : click, click , click.

If you want to win a damn game by pressing clicks and do unstopabble moves and so on then you clearly are not here for fun or competitive multiplayer gaming.

You probably should try other games and stop whining like : "oh the defensive meta"

SOMEONE ABOVE EVEN SAID PARRY SHOULD BE REMOVED AGAINST HEAVY ATTACKS !

Give me a break...

mrmistark
05-28-2017, 12:25 PM
That is very insightful. What does a soft fient into a dodge light do? Click click click. You are missing the point of the original post man. The point is that the move set is part chains that you'll never use. 🙄 They won't give us new moves, so why have a move set half full of useless garbage. At least make it viable so not everyone spams the same boring ****. I can sum up almost every characters move set with a sentence. With a move set list of over 10 moves that's rather disappointing. You can't do the same thing in mortal combat, or injustice, or any fighting game.

MarkedElite
05-28-2017, 01:31 PM
SOMEONE ABOVE EVEN SAID PARRY SHOULD BE REMOVED AGAINST HEAVY ATTACKS !

Welp, good luck sitting in the map waiting for each other to attack you then. Enjoy your 6/10 rated game :)

Blasto95
05-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Parry Heavy Attack? Free Light attack

Parry Light Attack? Free Heavy attack

No guarenteed GB off any parry.

Only issue with this that I found, some heroes like Orochi and Shinobi get an extra free light attack

MarkedElite
05-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Honestly though, this whole game is broken. In order to make everyone happy they would need to completely rehaul the entire game.

Netcode_err_404
05-28-2017, 02:16 PM
Parry Heavy Attack? Free Light attack

Parry Light Attack? Free Heavy attack

No guarenteed GB off any parry.

Only issue with this that I found, some heroes like Orochi and Shinobi get an extra free light attack

Sure, and then we have shogoki, kensei, nobushi and LB that have light attacks awfully slow. So lets just penalize them more, and lets give pk's MOAR advantages.

S0Mi_xD
05-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Adding an "unparrieable" trait would be to much. And charged attacks are a nice idea, but making it a basic would make it really annoying.

The thing is, a "simple way" isn't well elaborate and will cause other problems.

Take a look here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1676777-Defensive-META-This-could-be-a-very-good-solution!

Blasto95
05-28-2017, 02:36 PM
Sure, and then we have shogoki, kensei, nobushi and LB that have light attacks awfully slow. So lets just penalize them more, and lets give pk's MOAR advantages.

Unless I'm mistaken, Every hero already gets a free Heavy off a light attack parry. Also give PKs more advantage? How lol what a dumb statement. My suggestion would give Orochis, Shinobis, Wardens and anyone else that gets a Free light attack after a successful hit. PK does not and she already gets the light bleed after a light parry->heavy attack. Also this would eliminate PK being able to parry+GB. Would be 100% a nerf for PK

If they can make Warden stand there like an idiot after blocking his ZA, they can make it so every hero gets a free light/Heavy after a heavy/light parry.

Netcode_err_404
05-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Every hero already gets a free Heavy off a light attack parry. Also give PKs more advantage? How lol what a dumb statement. My suggestion would give Orochis, Shinobis, Wardens and anyone else that gets a Free light attack after a successful hit. PK does not and she already gets the light bleed after a light parry->heavy attack. Also this would eliminate PK being able to parry+GB. Would be 100% a nerf for PK

If they can make Warden stand there like an idiot after blocking his ZA, they can make it so every hero gets a free light/Heavy after a heavy/light parry.

Parrying a pk light, is not like parrying a shugoki light.

DOesn't seems too hard to understand

Blasto95
05-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Parrying a pk light, is not like parrying a shugoki light.

DOesn't seems too hard to understand

But it's already a free Heavy from a parry light...so how would this be an advantage for PK with this change? It's still hard to parry her light. That's not going to change...she's also punished a lot harder for parrying her light since she has lower health.

I really don't understand the point you're trying to make here...

Edit: Guess no answer here? I'm truly wondering, what point were you trying to make here...I'm confused. Besides some classes have a guarenteed light attack, nothing drastic would be changed from my suggested changes.

mrmistark
05-30-2017, 12:02 AM
But it's already a free Heavy from a parry light...so how would this be an advantage for PK with this change? It's still hard to parry her light. That's not going to change...she's also punished a lot harder for parrying her light since she has lower health.

I really don't understand the point you're trying to make here...

Edit: Guess no answer here? I'm truly wondering, what point were you trying to make here...I'm confused. Besides some classes have a guarenteed light attack, nothing drastic would be changed from my suggested changes.

Perhaps he is referring to the different speeds? To parry a light shugoki is easier than a light pk attack, perhaps what he thinks is that it'd give an unfair advantage to faster characters as the stance change for slow characters against light attacks typically is not quick enough to parry the changing light attacks vs them throwing out a heavy? This would indeed imo make it harder to play heavies.