PDA

View Full Version : Support for Softbans on players abusing warden glitch

AcheesyTURTLE
05-27-2017, 10:19 PM
The title is basically self explanatory. I main warden and I could deal with all the salt before but this is absolutely ridiculous and gives wardens a bad name. Players specifically abuse this glitch knowing full well there are no consequences, even going as far to say in chat "THEY WONT BAN ME LOL" well that needs to change, there is already enough proof in the forums for a few players to receive a slap on the wrist.

Just to be clear this isn't a "it's in the game don't tell me how to play" issue like rage quitting, this is a deliberate abuse of something that is not supposed to be possible and is absolutely ruining experiences for other players.

My suggestion is reserve the "report cheating" function specifically for this blatant usage of a glitches move and obviously any video evidence would be proof enough for the players involved. Soft ban should be at least a week, as I believe it's not too harsh to prevent players from coming back but long enough so they realize that they are ruining the game for everyone else.

As Ubisoft has stated in multiple threads on multiple forums site, they do not have an immediate patch/fix for this and are uncertain as to when it will be corrected. We as a community need to take action against this toxicity.

Use this thread to provide VIDEO evidence only, no false accusations should be made and again the report cheating function should ONLY be used to report players spamming the one hit KO glitch.

razabak10mm
05-27-2017, 10:31 PM
You gonna ban heatseeking Cents while ur at it?

CHawkins27
05-27-2017, 10:33 PM
No support from me.

Antonioj26
05-27-2017, 10:43 PM
Yeah it shouldn't happen. They screwed up, they shouldn't punish people for using the tools they were given regardless if that was their intention or not.

SirCorrino
05-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Yeah it shouldn't happen. They screwed up, they shouldn't punish people for using the tools they were given regardless if that was their intention or not.

Yes they should.

Below are examples of behavior that could lead to your account being banned from playing online or restricting your access in other ways from the game:
Exploiting: Triggering and using a bug or glitch, or bypassing established game rules by to gain a significant advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.
First offense: character reset
Second offense: character reset and temporary suspension
Multiple offenses: permanent ban

This is from the Code of Conduct. This is definitely an exploit, and so deserving of at least a character wipe. And if you want to be really mean and count each use of the exploit as a separate offense a permanent ban.

Antonioj26
05-27-2017, 10:59 PM
Yes they should.

This is from the Code of Conduct. This is definitely an exploit, and so deserving of at least a character wipe. And if you want to be really mean and count each use of the exploit as a separate offense a permanent ban.

What rule are they bypassing? In your opinion they should be punished but they won't. Again it's no different than the unlock tech they had before so they are going to have ban everyone that did that too

CHawkins27
05-27-2017, 10:59 PM
Yes they should.

A character wipe? LOL so if i was a reputation 20 warden and used the exploit I get reset to 1? The community is already dwindling by the day, good luck after that.

SirCorrino
05-27-2017, 11:21 PM
What rule are they bypassing? In your opinion they should be punished but they won't. Again it's no different than the unlock tech they had before so they are going to have ban everyone that did that too

Did you read the part I quoted? They are "Triggering and using a bug or glitch, . . . to gain a significant advantage . . ."

Antonioj26
05-27-2017, 11:27 PM
Did you read the part I quoted? They are "Triggering and using a bug or glitch, . . . to gain a significant advantage . . ."

Skipped that my mistake, regardless they won't punish them just like they didn't with the shugo or unlock tech.

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 01:04 AM
A character wipe? LOL so if i was a reputation 20 warden and used the exploit I get reset to 1? The community is already dwindling by the day, good luck after that.

It's not like you are the good part of the community, so it's not like people would cry their hearts out seeing you go.

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 01:07 AM

Exploits are exploits. It was not "given" to you to have fun with it. Exploits are problems and abusing it makes you part of the problem. So fixing you with punishment is just as required as fixing the exploit.

razabak10mm
05-28-2017, 01:07 AM
It's not like you are the good part of the community, so it's not like people would cry their hearts out seeing you go.

Pot meet kettle.

Antonioj26
05-28-2017, 01:11 AM
Exploits are exploits. It was not "given" to you to have fun with it. Exploits are problems and abusing it makes you part of the problem. So fixing you with punishment is just as required as fixing the exploit.

If they didn't want it in the game then they shouldn't have left it. It doesn't make sense to punish someone because ubi screwed up, like I said they didn't punish unlock tech and they won't punish this.

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 01:15 AM
If they didn't want it in the game then they shouldn't have left it. It doesn't make sense to punish someone because ubi screwed up, like I said they didn't punish unlock tech and they won't punish this.

Wrong. You are NOT entitled of making use of exploits even if they are there. Yes exploits are a problem, and yes they must be fixed. But nobody should just use them and blame the devs for their own misconduct. And yes there must be a course of action against those who do.

You are gravely mistaking if there is a problem, glitch, or a bug, you are free to use it.

BeefMan_
05-28-2017, 01:17 AM

Pretty sure exploiting is against the ToC

CHawkins27
05-28-2017, 01:18 AM

If you can explain to me what the "good part" of the community looks like vs the "bad part" you might be able to raise that grade from a B-.

KalkPost
What glitch he is talking about??

That_guy44
Soft ban them. Why should I give a **** about a cheater? **** em

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 01:19 AM
If you can explain to me what the "good part" of the community looks like vs the "bad part" you might be able to raise that grade from a B-.

Oh yeah, I'm so worried about the grades you give me...

Antonioj26
05-28-2017, 01:21 AM
Wrong. You are NOT entitled of making use of exploits even if they are there. Yes exploits are a problem, and yes they must be fixed. But nobody should just use them and blame the devs for their own misconduct. And yes there must be a course of action against those who do.

You are gravely mistaking if there is a problem, glitch, or a bug, you are free to use it.

Well there won't be no matter how bad you want it, I'll point to what happened to the unlock tech. Doesn't do anything for you even if they did.

Antonioj26
05-28-2017, 01:22 AM
Pretty sure exploiting is against the ToC

Then they will have to ban everyone who did unlock tech or used the shugo rush. Their poor design is on them, not the players.

Alchemist..
05-28-2017, 01:23 AM
Ban is mabye to much but whipping up te char should be enough. Its not like unlock tech or other meaningless ****, its pure gamebreaking cheat makes me not even want to turn on the game. Very comparable to afk farming. They also use legit game mechanism to get easy profits and they were punished so why all current abusers shouldn't? This would only help to prevent another such bul**** abusing waves

CHawkins27
05-28-2017, 01:24 AM
Oh yeah, I'm so worried about the grades you give me...

Well you seem awfully motivated to respond to what I say so I figured you might be able to explain something you posted about but I guess not. You just got lowered to a C

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 01:24 AM
What the actual fcuk is this even in reference to?

I main Warden and have openly spoken out against chaining spam.

I have noticed that some of my light attacks still go through even when they seem to have been blocked.... Is that what your talking about? I thought that was just latency bs.

CHawkins27
05-28-2017, 01:26 AM
What the actual fcuk is this even in reference to?

I main Warden and have openly spoken out against chaining spam.

I have noticed that some of my light attacks still go through even when they seem to have been blocked.... Is that what your talking about? I thought that was just latency bs.

Refer to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoG7SlDQO7Y

Antonioj26
05-28-2017, 01:28 AM
Ban is mabye to much but whipping up te char should be enough. Its not like unlock tech or other meaningless ****, its pure gamebreaking cheat makes me not even want to turn on the game. Very comparable to afk farming. They also use legit game mechanism to get easy profits and they were punished so why all current abusers shouldn't? This would only help to prevent another such bul**** abusing waves

Might as well ban them, guarantee most of them wouldn't even bother coming back if you wiped them. This game is already on life support.

pancakerz
05-28-2017, 01:33 AM
It would be easy to at least patch in a way to kick these folks from matches. Just auto kick anyone who deals over 100 damage or something.

And no matter which way these folks argue it, this is a bug. An exploit which ruins the game for everyone else involved. I'm pretty sure that, if reported, there is already a system in place for how Ubi's bans work, based on strikes or something. So just make sure to report everyone that you see abusing this.

Alchemist..
05-28-2017, 01:38 AM
Might as well ban them, guarantee most of them wouldn't even bother coming back if you wiped them. This game is already on life support.

They know what they doing ist not like u can do it by mistake. Its just pure cheating making u gain a lot of steel and exp per hour if u can finish each match in 1 minute. If they do nothing another "tech" abusers will be only stronger and make even more people leave the game because of cheat fests like that one

Antonioj26
05-28-2017, 01:46 AM
They know what they doing ist not like u can do it by mistake. Its just pure cheating making u gain a lot of steel and exp per hour if u can finish each match in 1 minute. If they do nothing another "tech" abusers will be only stronger and make even more people leave the game because of cheat fests like that one

If they don't want people to do it then they should stop having such crappy quality control you can't get upset at a wild animal ate a steak that's just laying there. It should be obvious to anyone that people are going to abuse exploits just like they abuse ledges or spamming unblockables. They made the rules and people are playing by them, some just found a loophole.

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 01:49 AM
If somebody leaves his door wide open and you go in and rob him, that makes you not guilty because his door was open?? Of course he must fix it by closing the damn door. But it's not like you are free to take whatever you want because somebody's door is open.

Now how bans work and how many offenses are required and how are things investigated are NEVER disclosed in any game. That would be stupid since it makes the offenders dodge it easier.

But this is not a question of what will happen, how will happen, if it will happen or when will it happen.

We are simply talking about this current topic which is actions should or should not be taken against exploiters who are clearly abusing a glitch. But it's kind of obvious which is the correct answer.
So as a community, keep reporting them every time you see them, try to provide as much proof as you can, and let the cheaters talk all day about how they will never be punished. still report them even if they try to make you believe that it's not worth it.

Antonioj26
05-28-2017, 01:55 AM
If somebody leaves his door wide open and you go in and rob him, that makes you not guilty because his door was open?? Of course he must fix it by closing the damn door. But it's not like you are free to take whatever you want because somebody's door is open.

Now how bans work and how many offenses are required and how are things investigated are NEVER disclosed in any game. That would be stupid since it makes the offenders dodge it easier.

But this is not a question of what will happen, how will happen, if it will happen or when will it happen.

We are simply talking about this current topic which is actions should or should not be taken against exploiters who are clearly abusing a glitch. But it's kind of obvious which is the correct answer.
So as a community, keep reporting them every time you see them, try to provide as much proof as you can, and let the cheaters talk all day about how they will never be punished. still report them even if they try to make you believe that it's not worth it.

That's fine waste your time fighting some dumb crusade to make this tiny player base even smaller. You'll either get what you want and help pull the plug on this dying game or you'll have wasted your time sending reports and hating the player instead of the game. After all the mistakes Ubisoft has made it boggles my mind that people still jump to their defense.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 02:44 AM
we can debate it all night. I jut hopped into a duel with a bot to try and duplicate what I saw in the video as a warden main and I couldn't. You can't punish people for walking through a door left open by developers.

I do agree that it's trash, but it's not necessarily easily accessible and is technically a violation of the TOS but at the same time... The devs can hotfix this anytime they want. Stop calling for a player witching and be more adamant about uni fixing their broken game... This is by far one of the minor issues compared to the state of balance in this game at the moment

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 02:52 AM
we can debate it all night. I jut hopped into a duel with a bot to try and duplicate what I saw in the video as a warden main and I couldn't. You can't punish people for walking through a door left open by developers.

I do agree that it's trash, but it's not necessarily easily accessible and is technically a violation of the TOS but at the same time... The devs can hotfix this anytime they want. Stop calling for a player witching and be more adamant about uni fixing their broken game... This is by far one of the minor issues compared to the state of balance in this game at the moment

It's not a minor issue, it's kind of a big issue.
But saying that players should not be punished for abusing a glitch is garbage.

It's not like the devs are forcing people to behave like idiots making use of exploits and abusing glitches.

As we talked about it before. The bug must be eliminated. And also action must be taken against offenders.

Duh... They are abusing an exploit. It's quite clear.

And about the difficulty of reproduction of an exploit... well here on PC if some sort of exploit has some weird timing to execute, I could make a macro for it in 5 minutes and there would be no difficulty in execution. I could do the exploit with a push of a button. Oh it's very hard...

Helnekromancer
05-28-2017, 02:58 AM

I'm a Nobushi main, i saw this went into duel practice walked up to the PK press X waited a sec and pressed both RT and LT at the same time and instantly killed her, its pretty ****ing easy to do and now i have level 7 wardens running around doing it to everyone just to win. Want to play 4v4? nope now you have 1-2 warden who are only doing that glitch and theres nothing you can do about toehr then target them in fight and ignore everyone else. It's really annoying and it makes me want to play bots.

AcheesyTURTLE
05-28-2017, 05:11 AM
Hey everybody,

Thanks again to those who have reported this bug. We’ve had devs come in to the office investigating and we have identified a range of fixes, from temporary to permanent, the swiftest and most effective of which will be confirmed at the office tomorrow. Once we identify the best option to fix it as soon as possible, we will need a full Quality Control pass on the game as we do with any change we intend to deploy. We are confident that we can release a fix as early as this Tuesday and we will communicate further details on the exact timing when we know it.

What we won’t do is disable the Warden as a stopgap, as many of you have pointed out, this bug actually affects multiple heroes.

We take the health and sanity of our competitive PvP ecosystem very seriously, so in addition to the addressing of the bug itself, we’ll be treating this bug as an exploit. In our Code of Conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1548873), we include exploits in the Forbidden Conduct section as follows:

“Exploitation of any new or known glitches or bugs which provide an unfair advantage over other players is forbidden and may result in character stats and progression resets, account suspension or revocation.”

Starting at today @ 11:00PM EDT, any players reported (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026238/For-Honor-Report-a-Player-FH-PC-XB1-PS4), with proof corroborated by Customer Support, for abusing this exploit will be subject to sanctioning. Messages will be posted in-game make it clear to all. As this specific behavior cannot be confirmed only with game tracking, we will *not* be automatically detecting and sanctioning players, we will rely on affected players to use the reporting tool linked above. If you report a player, please provide a video of the offense, the offender username, the game mode, the platform played on (PC, PS4 or XBONE) and the date and time of the offense. Fairness also includes a warning for all players that we are officially moving forward with sanctions on use of this exploit, and as such, players reported for using this exploit before 11pm EDT will not be considered.

The specific sanction applied will depend on the number of reports a player receives. On the first confirmed player report, the exploiter will receive a Warning and 3 confirmed reports will result in a 3 day ban.

We know that this may be a controversial choice for some of you, but as we expect the period in which this bug is alive to be a short one, we feel it’s a necessary step to preserve the gameplay experience of all of our players until the bug is addressed. While we, the development team, must take responsibility for the bug’s existence, we cannot allow players free reign to purposefully negatively impact another’s experience.

Enjoy your ban, gay boys.

Edit: /thread

XxHunterHxX
05-28-2017, 08:12 AM
Nobushi and Orochi can also do the 1 hit kill....lets spread the cancer !

RatedChaotic
05-28-2017, 08:18 AM
Sorry to pop your bubble but the only thing that will happen is a warning maybe a 3 day for major abusers but the majority will receive nothing. Have you not played games from UBI? I have and its the same story for almost all of them.