PDA

View Full Version : Orochi feedback

Knight_Raime
05-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Since the devs said they haven't gotten enough feedback on what to do to buff his kit I thought i'd chime in since i've got a good chunk of experience with him.

~riptide strike: Make it a "tiny" bit faster. give it true I frames like nobushi's hidden stance. and bump it's damage up a little bit.
it's not really an effective tool for whiff punishing. and even if you do manage to punish it with someone you can arguably get a better/easier punish with a parry.

~Left side: He currently has no move of value from that direction. he's got his deadly top lights and his zone comes from his right. I suggest we give him a slight increase ranged attack on his left. Similar to Kensei's left light.

~Storm rush: Speed it up some what to make it more of a consistent punisher. then imo you can do 1 of 2 things. either a) make it so you can cancel the animation much more into the run. Or b) let it be soft feintable into dodge attacks.

~Hurricane blast: it's a little weird that you can punish someone attempting to punish you. Normally i'd say this is "fine" since you're risking yourself to do the deflect. but none of the deflects currently outbeat benefit wise what a parry can do. Obviously parries need to be toned down a bit. but I still think we should make deflecting a bit more attractive. With HB I think we need to make it more reliable of a mix up tool. there for let orochi take priority over dodge attacks. meaning if the opponent dodge attacks and orochi cancels to wind gust his attack lands first and cancels out the dodge attack. The opponent should still be able to counter GB if he tries to cancel into GB. and if the opponent double dodges to get out that's fine. as imo double dodge should be the one consistent tool in the game for escaping.

The main point here is that orochi doesn't have enough moves at the moment. So giving him a viable left side attack and making riptide a better punish tool gives him more options. making storm rush faster consolidates it as a punish tool. Orochi is meant to be a punisher by design. and giving him the ability to cancel further would give him another way to punish someone. same with making him able to soft feint it.

And fixing hurricane blast just makes that a viable punish tool. instead of something that doesn't get used. You already were trying to make it viable. and the armor was a good thing. but dodge attacks shouldn't beat out his soft feint into wind gust.

dekot11
05-27-2017, 08:09 PM
Just give everybody a spammable UB. Until then this game will never be balanced.

Blackguard..
05-27-2017, 08:21 PM
Post it there http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675832-Orochi-Feedback-Post-Here

Knight_Raime
05-27-2017, 08:30 PM
Post it there http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675832-Orochi-Feedback-Post-Here

thanks just posted there.

UbiJurassic
05-28-2017, 01:52 AM

Thanks for pointing him in the right direction. :)