PDA

View Full Version : Story mode reset...? Please?

CrunaCross
05-27-2017, 01:50 AM
It was very cool when I first played it, to pick the gender and the looks of the characters through the story, also that progress of the story through the map, but why is this for one time only? The characters have no way to be changed after that and everything is locked the way it was as I progressed for the first time. It's like there is some cool content and customization in the story mode that I can't experience ever. Or there is a way to reset this? What is the point of character customizations, different voice actors and cool stuff in the story mode, if I can experience only part of it? The only way to redo the story from the scratch is to buy the game again?

Hillbill79
05-27-2017, 10:56 AM
They wont let you reset it, because you'd get all the breakables again. You can play it through as many times as you want. I did on normal, hard and realistic... you get different rewards for completing it on each difficulty setting.. but you can only get breakables once.

Grey_Insanity
06-15-2018, 04:14 PM
oh my

Vakris_One
06-16-2018, 10:53 PM
I've always wanted to replay the story with the different characters on offer and it's a shame they haven't something about this yet It's a pretty basic feature of any single player campaign to let the player replay it from scratch just to play as the different hero choices.

I'm sure Ubi can figure out a way to do this if they wanted to. I mean their bread and butter were and still are story driven single player games.

Jazz117Volkov
06-18-2018, 02:33 AM
Doesn't the story-mode use all the day 1 movesets though? If they're going to update it, it'd make sense to also fix that. Must be confusing for all the people just getting into the game.

Precious771
05-11-2019, 02:02 AM
In 2019 is there any fix for this? Just downloaded the game and had I known this before, I wouldn't have bothered.

Breakables or not, being able to customize your character when there are options to do so is a no-brainer. They clearly worked on several looks and hiring two very good voice actors for us to choose from -- yet we're forever barred from those options ever again when we start playing. WTF man?

Zarbaul
06-12-2019, 09:19 AM
I'm with the previous user.
I bought the game shortly after it came out, if not day 1 (I actually don't remember) and it seemed ridiculous to me back then that there was no option to change customization options back then. But now, years after release and after a plethora of people asking for this feature to be added, the game still seems to be lacking. It seems a simple enough change to add the customization options back in to story mode or just to wipe all progress there.

How is it that a company seemingly built on single player experiences suddenly falls short now? How is it that people paying $80+ (again, I don't remember how much it was) for a new title can only access 50% (gender based) but arguably less (all the other customization) of the game? And how is it that after numerous people asking tech support about it, posting about it in these forums, and I'm sure countless email exchanges on the subject haven't brought this change in to the game? How can Ubisoft justify it's poor treatment of it's customers and consumers in this regard?