PDA

View Full Version : Im confused

gameserbia
05-26-2017, 09:33 PM
Far Cry 5 will be game from first or third person?I'm asking this because outfits

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/abbs_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog/default/dw85308826/images/large/591486f90c8ee43e228b4567-2.jpghttp://demandware.edgesuite.net/abbs_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog/default/dw6f406cac/images/large/591486f90c8ee43e228b4567-3.jpg

Fallen-Champ
05-26-2017, 09:36 PM
1st Person, all the Far Cry games have been that way.

gameserbia
05-26-2017, 09:40 PM
But how you will see outfit and cap when you equip?

mistados
05-26-2017, 09:49 PM
Eww third person FarCry lol

Fallen-Champ
05-26-2017, 09:53 PM
I don't think we will see much of the clothing which we select depending on what they give us, we might see lags / arms while looking down / around.

With weapons we would see any patterns the gun might have if they are similar to how signature weapons are in FC3 and FC4.

Possibly in multiplayer when killed the screen might show us on the floor clothed while waiting to respawn, I think it could be more to do with creating your own individual appearance for others to identify you depending on how many players there are in multiplayer. (someone posted that it was written 10 players but not seen this so until they announce it we could be clutching at straws)

WID992007
05-26-2017, 10:11 PM
also the clothing adds to camo

remember in FC 1 ..if you had no Armour on your were an easy target in a solid red shirt

also i read today the ENTIRE game = co op , playable dunno if they can pull it off but sounds good

http://www.game-debate.com/news/22983/far-cry-5-welcome-to-hope-county-reveal-trailer-out-in-2018-with-full-co-op

so that may be a way you can see your clothing ?

Fallen-Champ
05-26-2017, 10:19 PM
"even recruiting the help of a local bear or cougar"

I am going to take that above from the link WID992007 provided as with the dog that we can tame the wild animals and use them, so can we ride the bear like we could the sabre tooth tiger in Primal.

truesurv1val
05-26-2017, 10:33 PM
I guess fc5 will be a third person shooter or like ghostrecon wildland combined fps and 3rd person. In the key feature threads it says : For the first time in Far Cry, you are the hero of the story Ė choose your own avatar and customize your character.

Wouldnt make sense if its just fps..

WID992007
05-26-2017, 10:36 PM
"even recruiting the help of a local bear or cougar"

I am going to take that above from the link WID992007 provided as with the dog that we can tame the wild animals and use them, so can we ride the bear like we could the sabre tooth tiger in Primal.

naa ya probably throw bait for a cougar or local bear

just like ya did in FC 4 to bring wildlife in as a diversion

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 11:08 PM
naa ya probably throw bait for a cougar or local bear

just like ya did in FC 4 to bring wildlife in as a diversion

I dunno man, the wording in the fangs for hire blurb made it sound like it is more than just bait & luring to get them to help, like it was an on demand thing similar to taming, which would be kinda lame if i'm being honest.... also i agree that the whole character customization thing is pointless if it's a 1st person game, even if we can do coop, we don't actually see our own character so they could've focused that customization work on a less trivial matter....

angstik
05-26-2017, 11:40 PM
I dunno man, the wording in the fangs for hire blurb made it sound like it is more than just bait & luring to get them to help, like it was an on demand thing similar to taming, which would be kinda lame if i'm being honest.... also i agree that the whole character customization thing is pointless if it's a 1st person game, even if we can do coop, we don't actually see our own character so they could've focused that customization work on a less trivial matter....

"Key feature". They just followed the path they built since 3. ^^ By the way, I guess it will be mostly dog/wolf related from the few artworks I've seen, even though bears and others will be around. Same f*cking bear 3 games in a row though.

Butcherbird59
05-27-2017, 12:03 AM
Looks like we got Dennis Rogers (FC3) back in action - The Awakening!

https://pasteboard.co/b5PcPMzoP.jpg

Steve64b
05-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Wouldnt make sense if its just fps..
What about cinematics and cutscenes? I don't mind seeing the world in FPS, as it's more immersive. It does add extra value to coop mode, and to multiplayer of course.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 12:15 AM
"Key feature". They just followed the path they built since 3. ^^ By the way, I guess it will be mostly dog/wolf related from the few artworks I've seen, even though bears and others will be around. Same f*cking bear 3 games in a row though.

It wouldn't make sense to have the game in Montana and not have bears though... The animals they do & don't have should make sense in the context of the setting, removing bears just because they've been there before would be dumb. I just hope we also get grizzly bears that are massive and tough to take down....

What about cinematics and cutscenes? I don't mind seeing the world in FPS, as it's more immersive. It does add extra value to coop mode, and to multiplayer of course.

One of the things I enjoy most about the FC games is that you see the game play out start to finish from first person perspective. I hope we do not see our character from 3rd person in the story beats...

Reinier-dash
05-27-2017, 12:17 AM
Thats the most ugliest clothing skins for a pre order lol

truesurv1val
05-27-2017, 07:30 AM
Well its probably just like ghost recon wildlands, a combination of 3rd person view and fps while aiming.

There was that early editor screenshot, which im still not sure off and this customization of your caracter that points to 3rd person. And then there is this screenshot of this firefight that is first person. So it will be probably be a combi.

Fallen-Champ
05-27-2017, 07:55 AM
also i agree that the whole character customization thing is pointless if it's a 1st person game, even if we can do coop, we don't actually see our own character so they could've focused that customization work on a less trivial matter....

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/Far%20Cry%20Multiplayer%20Project/Far%20Cry%20Tattoo%20Editor_zpscopodlc7.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MrTibarata/media/Far%20Cry%20Multiplayer%20Project/Far%20Cry%20Tattoo%20Editor_zpscopodlc7.jpg.html)

Far Cry 3 had the tattoo editor and you could not see very much of the artwork but your team or oponents would see it in multiplayer.
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/Instincts pieces2_zpsdw1ggeua.jpg

So with Far Cry Instincts / Predator going back to 2005 - 2006 you could select a character in multiplayer and change some features such as skin / hair color, different t-shirts / trousers / hats
Then there were ammo belts, backpacks etc.

Again you mostly saw your character when been killed BUT honestly it worked very well in multiplayer, in fact you could often recognise a player online by the way they looked.
So in a match I could see an online friend because of their appearance which I had got used to - I guess it would be different if they change the way they look all the time but going back to Instincts & Pred I couln't fault it.

I noticed one of the Bible Bashers had a trench coat I bet you would see a lot of that if we get to choose that type of clothing - also some might look a little loud but they might create some which fits in with the setting much better I am eager to see how all this works and if there is lots to choose from.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Again, my thoughts on customization are primarily Single Player oriented, and there has been no indication that the customization in single player relates to the MP component besides coop, but in coop i still won't be seeing my self. I just don't get why people think player customization matters in a first person game, i don't get it, i don't care about it and I don't think it makes much sense to do.

Fallen-Champ
06-01-2017, 08:19 AM
I dunno man, the wording in the fangs for hire blurb made it sound like it is more than just bait & luring to get them to help, like it was an on demand thing similar to taming, which would be kinda lame if i'm being honest.
The Beastmaster (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheBeastmaster): The "fang for hire" system introduced in Far Cry Primal (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/FarCryPrimal) will return in Far Cry 5. The player-character can tame animals, which will then fight for them and follow their orders.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/FarCry5

You can hire dogs to steal guns
Itís not clear to what degree youíll be teaming up with animals this time around, but we do know that you can hire dogs to work for you. And that those dogs are capable of stealing guns. Incredible news, really.

http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-5-will-let-you-customize-your-character-and-everything-else-we-know-so-far/

Interested to see these attack / retrieve dogs working and also wondering how many animals can be tamed and from that number are they ride-able, the only reason I say is because they were in Primal but with FC5 having vehicles there should be no need to sit on a bears back so think the animals once tamed will be attack only.

HorTyS
06-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Interested to see these attack / retrieve dogs working and also wondering how many animals can be tamed and from that number are they ride-able, the only reason I say is because they were in Primal but with FC5 having vehicles there should be no need to sit on a bears back so think the animals once tamed will be attack only.

The whole fangs for hire thing I think is lame and I'll probably never use it besides once or twice just to mess about and see how it works exactly. The dogs I don't have as much of an issue with as they are domesticated animals that are used in a utilitarian way in MT all the time. My dad had hunting hounds for years. I am curious now that you mention ride-able animals, if there will be horses in the game, because that would be a natural inclusion...

mistados
06-01-2017, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't mind a pack of "Attack Skunks" though lol

Fallen-Champ
06-01-2017, 01:07 PM
I am curious now that you mention ride-able animals, if there will be horses in the game, because that would be a natural inclusion...

I know there were cows grazing in fields and in one section there was a bull, Montana has a professional rodeo circuit so maybe the bull and and as mentioned a horse might be ride-able.
http://montanaprorodeo.com/

With Primal I used the Sabre-tooth Tiger a lot to get around because there were no vehicles, FC4 the elephant was fun in some situations but anywhere busy it died fast, was great at ramming vehicles out of the way though so a bull should be able to do something similar.

mistados
06-01-2017, 01:18 PM
And pigs? :D

https://i.redd.it/al1064s2zb7x.gif

HorTyS
06-02-2017, 08:15 AM
I know there were cows grazing in fields and in one section there was a bull, Montana has a professional rodeo circuit so maybe the bull and and as mentioned a horse might be ride-able.
http://montanaprorodeo.com/

With Primal I used the Sabre-tooth Tiger a lot to get around because there were no vehicles, FC4 the elephant was fun in some situations but anywhere busy it died fast, was great at ramming vehicles out of the way though so a bull should be able to do something similar.

well even a huge rodeo bull wouldn't be flipping trucks like an elephant...... I dunno if riding cows would be a thing, that'd be kinda silly honestly. Horses though seem like a very realistic inclusion when talking ride-able animals.. and actually now that I think about it it seems very suspicious that they were not seen at all in the trailer. I think they may be holding that off to reveal in the future now.. it would actually be kind of weird to not have it or horses in the game at all...

mistados
06-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Battle Pigs? :D

D.DVD
06-02-2017, 09:50 AM
I don't think we will see much of the clothing which we select depending on what they give us, we might see lags / arms while looking down / around.

With weapons we would see any patterns the gun might have if they are similar to how signature weapons are in FC3 and FC4.

Possibly in multiplayer when killed the screen might show us on the floor clothed while waiting to respawn, I think it could be more to do with creating your own individual appearance for others to identify you depending on how many players there are in multiplayer. (someone posted that it was written 10 players but not seen this so until they announce it we could be clutching at straws)

I hope we don't see lags (arms is not a problem though) in any Far Cry games anymore..... :rolleyes:

D.DVD
06-02-2017, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't mind a pack of "Attack Skunks" though lol

Boobytrapped skunks? ;) Would be a lot of fun, yes :)

mistados
06-02-2017, 09:52 AM
I hope we don't see lags (arms is not a problem though) in any Far Cry games anymore..... :rolleyes:

Legs?

I also hope that we don't have reflections or too many options in the game ;)

HorTyS
06-02-2017, 07:10 PM
I hope we don't see lags (arms is not a problem though) in any Far Cry games anymore..... http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png

Legs?

I also hope that we don't have reflections or too many options in the game ;)

I was wondering if he meant that, but the fact that he said he didn't want to see them anymore made me question it because why would you want to not see legs when you do a slide to crouch or something? That would be very weird. I don't care if you can't see it when you look down as that takes a lot more work, but seeing them during appropriate animations is preferable than just not seeing anything...

D.DVD
06-03-2017, 08:10 PM
;) No, his/her orriginal post said LAGS as in a lagging game, and since Far Cry 3 lagged all the time, I thought it was funny :D

D.DVD
06-03-2017, 08:11 PM
and I meant LAGS as well.... I don't care if we see legs, as long as we are done with the lags in MP :D :D :D :D

HorTyS
06-03-2017, 10:48 PM
;) No, his/her orriginal post said LAGS as in a lagging game, and since Far Cry 3 lagged all the time, I thought it was funny :D

and I meant LAGS as well.... I don't care if we see legs, as long as we are done with the lags in MP :D :D :D :D

So in the first reply here you say "his/her original post", but in your double post, you address the fact that it was you who had said it.. haha WTF is going on? And given the fact that you followed "lags" up with a reference to arms, I don't think you did mean LAGS in the first place... get your stories straight my man! hahaha :p

I do agree though that a stable MP is definitely preferable to a laggity one..

D.DVD
06-04-2017, 02:20 PM
I am not a man, that first kkkkkkkk :p

I refered to anorexic_Buddah who made the great remark (on page 1) that we would only see ARMS and LAGS (Him meaning LEGS, and since LAGS were a great deal in FC3), I said that I hoped not to see LAGS (as in a lagging game). Why else would I point that out? :rolleyes: :D :D :D It was just a remark to his cleaver move play of words on page 1.

Anyway..... don't know what to say else..... I think the point that I tried to make did not translate well from Dutch to English .....

HorTyS
06-04-2017, 08:03 PM
I am not a man, that first kkkkkkkk :p

I refered to anorexic_Buddah who made the great remark (on page 1) that we would only see ARMS and LAGS (Him meaning LEGS, and since LAGS were a great deal in FC3), I said that I hoped not to see LAGS (as in a lagging game). Why else would I point that out? :rolleyes: :D :D :D It was just a remark to his cleaver move play of words on page 1.

Anyway..... don't know what to say else..... I think the point that I tried to make did not translate well from Dutch to English .....

OH SNAP! haha, sorry 'bout that. Also sorry about all the other assumptions I've made, haha, didn't realize you were referencing the OP, thought it was in reference to your own previous post.. I didn't play much FC3 MP but I do remember what I did play had a fair share of lag, so I agree that MP stability should be addressed.

D.DVD
06-04-2017, 08:26 PM
OH SNAP! haha, sorry 'bout that. Also sorry about all the other assumptions I've made, haha, didn't realize you were referencing the OP, thought it was in reference to your own previous post.. I didn't play much FC3 MP but I do remember what I did play had a fair share of lag, so I agree that MP stability should be addressed.

Thank you :D

HorTyS
06-04-2017, 08:44 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif

Fallen-Champ
06-04-2017, 10:34 PM
I refered to anorexic_Buddah who made the great remark (on page 1) that we would only see ARMS and LAGS .

Sorry guys I don't have spell checker enabled, usually tired also - it's the shift work, ;) we don't want any lags in FC5.

strigoi1958
06-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Sorry guys I don't have spell checker enabled, usually tired also - it's the shift work, ;) we don't want any lags in FC5.

It is possible because "lags" is a term used to describe prison convicts :)

HorTyS
06-05-2017, 12:18 AM
I'm just finding it strange to refer to online latency (lag) in a plural form... a game can have lag in varying amounts, but it's just called lag regardless... there is some lag or a lot of lag, but I believe pluralizing it is grammatically incorrect.